Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [News] New Album TROUBLE on August 15th ~III~ (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124212)

Aderianu 5th August 2018 05:03 PM

New Album TROUBLE on August 15th ~III~

ayumi hamasaki new album
https://i.imgur.com/kLCVwaW.png
2018.08.15 on stores

Type A CD Only (AVCD-93965) ¥1,944

http://i.imgur.com/WFyMq6bm.jpg

CD:
01. We are the QUEENS
02. æternal
03. WORDS
04. W
05. The way I am

Type B CD Only (AVCD-93965) ¥1,944

http://i.imgur.com/t7H7Uh0m.jpg

CD:
01. The way I am
02. W
03. WORDS
04. æternal
05. We are the QUEENS

Type A + DVD + GOODS (AVC1-93967/B) ¥9,288
Type A + Blu-Ray + GOODS (AVC1-93969/B) ¥10,368

http://i.imgur.com/dVr2MEqm.jpg

★ mu-mo shop Limited edition
★ Luxury BOX specification
★ both CD and DVD/Blu-Ray digipack specifications
★ Original photo card enclosed
★ Tour logo rubber key ring

CD:
01. We are the QUEENS
02. æternal
03. WORDS
04. W
05. The way I am

DVD/Blu-Ray: ayumi hamasaki Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 2017.7.17 Osaka-Jo Hall
01. ourselves
02. WARNING
03. NEVER EVER
04. Because of You
05. Pieces of SEVEN
06. Virgin Road
07. Distant Memories
08. my name's WOMEN
09. appears
10. RED & BLUE
11. Fly high
12. UNITE!
13. talkin' 2 myself
14. Mirrorcle World
15. Voyage
16. Movin' on without you
17. You & Me
18. SURREAL ~ evolution ~ SURREAL
19. Boys & Girls
20. Who...
21. Love song

Type B + DVD + GOODS (AVC1-93968/B) ¥9,288
Type B + Blu-Ray + GOODS (AVC1-93970/B) ¥10,368

http://i.imgur.com/dVr2MEqm.jpg

★ mu-mo shop Limited edition
★ Luxury BOX specification
★ both CD and DVD/Blu-Ray digipack specifications
★ Original photo card enclosed
★ Signed (Print) Heart Shaped Clear Keychain

CD:
01. The way I am
02. W
03. WORDS
04. æternal
05. We are the QUEENS

DVD/Blu-Ray: ayumi hamasaki Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 2018.2.20 Okinawa Convention Center
01. I am...
02. Moments
03. A song for ××
04. RED & BLUE
05. Shake It♥
06. STEP you
07. Memorial address
08. Last minute
09. Pieces of SEVEN
10. Bold & Delicious
11. progress
12. FLOWER
13. ourselves
14. Ivy
15. Feel the love ~ XOXO ~ Lelio ~ You & Me ~ AUDIENCE
16. Boys & Girls
17. Love song
18. SEVEN DAYS WAR

[TeamAyu original 2 form simultaneous purchase set]
Vinyl slide pouch (1 piece)
http://i.imgur.com/No9ggOfm.jpg
<Size> about 182 mm × about 128 mm
<Material> PVC

[TeamAyu / mu - mo shop original 2 form simultaneous purchase set]
Extra large postcard (2L size) (1 sheet)
http://i.imgur.com/LEJofd4m.jpg

LINKS

SONGS INFO:
01. We are the QUEENS [5:00]
words: Ayumi Hamasaki
music: Kazuhiro Hara
arrangement: Yuta Nakano
listen | translation

02. æternal [4:40]
music: Toru Watanabe
arrangement: Takehito Shimizu & Atsushi Sato
listen | translation

03. WORDS [5:06]
music: Mayuko Maruyama
arrangement: Takehito Shimizu & Atsushi Sato
listen | translation

04. W [3:26]
arrangement: tasuku
listen | translation

05. The way I am [4:27]
music: Tetsuya Yukumi
arrangement: Yuta Nakano
listen | translation

Aderianu 5th August 2018 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junshen (Post 3281716)
According to AWA, they will announce something else coming 8/13

I'm still hoping it will be second part of the album

aVeel 5th August 2018 05:12 PM

Oh, i like W – actually , its for me the best track from TROUBLE (beside the way i am).
W ist for me the better WARNING (because the lalalalai from WARNING Makes me feel annoying/TROUBLE, haha...

now i really want to know the different because the A Typ and the B Typ.

junshen 5th August 2018 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aderianu (Post 3281719)

I think so. Or else they still don’t update the song titles

Linoa62 5th August 2018 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aderianu
SONGS INFO:
01. We are the QUEENS [5:00]
listen | translation
02. æternal [4:40]
music:
listen | translation
03. WORDS [5:06]
music:
listen | translation
04. W [3:26]
music: Mayuko Maruyama
listen
05. The way I am [4:27]
music:
listen | translation

According to Apple Music:
We Are The QUEENS
Music: Kazuhiro Hara

aeternal
Music: Toru Watanabe

WORDS
Music: Mayuko Maruyama

W

The way I am
Music: Tetsuya Yukumi

All lyrics are already on uta-net.
We Are The QUEENS
https://www.uta-net.com/song/215595/
aeternal
https://www.uta-net.com/song/252725/
WORDS
https://www.uta-net.com/song/253466/
W
https://www.uta-net.com/song/253467/
The way I am
https://www.uta-net.com/song/252732/

summerain 5th August 2018 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junshen (Post 3281721)
I think so. Or else they still don’t update the song titles

The tracks are titled correctly on the platform.

hud 5th August 2018 05:21 PM

oh I'm excited for the news already!

junshen 5th August 2018 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by summerain (Post 3281725)
The tracks are titled correctly on the platform.

I know. I said is the official site is not updating the title yet. They might be more

280301 5th August 2018 05:31 PM

All the new tracks are great. Hopefully she announces a part two.

Zeke. 5th August 2018 05:34 PM

Rating: 2/5

I'm sorry but this album is a huge disappointment, and my expectations were already super low.

I can see myself tolerating the last track, but for that kind of feeling there are other works in her discography I'd turn to to satisfy my craving.

W is kind of all over the place. I really dislike how the 2nd bar (2nd phrase of lyrics) of the chorus already feels resolute. Usually the first half of the chorus of her tracks resolves itself on the 4th bar. I'm not sure if I'm describing it correctly, but there seems to be no "tension" in the chorus after the 2nd phrase already. I prefer to be on the edge of my seat throughout the entirety of the chorus. I listened to is this LOVE? immediately following this track, and W can not stand a chance to it, or other rock staples.

Regarding the other two new tracks, I can't stomach her voice in those kind of arrangements any longer. It's very "rough" but the arrangement is "sparkly" "glittery" "dreamy" "soft," which when combined just sounds so jarring. It is more apparent in aeternal.

I said it for MinJapan and I'll say it again; at this point her voice with all it's flaws really only sounds "at home" in rock arrangements for me (although Shape of love sounded splendid). In rock songs she really "pushes" it out, and she sounds committed. I need that sense of "commitment" from her - I don't feel get that sense of "commitment" to the track in songs like aeternal.

ayumint 5th August 2018 05:34 PM

æternal dedicates as summer song, i heard "Natsu" in it LOL
Loved it

rainbow_smile 5th August 2018 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junshen (Post 3281727)
I know. I said is the official site is not updating the title yet. They might be more

I wouldn't get my hopes up, since we can clearly see the tracklist on the pics of both versions of the box set and it's the same

BlackSilence 5th August 2018 05:50 PM

Hm. I'm not mad at the new songs at all. I actually love the way she sounds in them. I like the slight roughness in her vocals, gives more depth. Plus she sounds so natural, clear and comfortable.

Not a bad job, AYU. Well done!

I wish we had more.

~angel*ayumi~ 5th August 2018 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aderianu (Post 3281719)
Quote:

According to AWA, they will announce something else coming 8/13

It most likley is update 3546458346 on the summer playlist....

KittyKathy 5th August 2018 05:52 PM

W is something new and different from her. I really like it :luv2. I wish the entire album was done in that way. Nice songs, but I'm not a big fan of her vocals on this album.

surrealA 5th August 2018 05:53 PM

The way i am is just so beautiful :love
perfect ending to the album

primavera♥ 5th August 2018 05:56 PM

I really love rock ayumi. And I enjoy the arrangement of W and the verses a lot. But the chorus really loses me. Like I find the verses more interesting, which is rare. Like I feel that a more engaging chorus could have taken that song to the next level really. I'll still be listening to this track since I enjoy it a lot but I just have that sad feeling that it could have been more.

Also like, Zeke said, this kind of rock track really suits her voice these days more than others. So, personally, I would love to hear more (also because I love rock ayu). But it all depends on what she feels like.

maxikot 5th August 2018 05:57 PM

I am slain by W, other songs are nice but right now it's W in my head all the way, oh yeah. And the cm, her team is trying new ways this time, cool.

Aderianu 5th August 2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linoa62 (Post 3281723)
According to Apple Music:
We Are The QUEENS

aeternal
Music: Toru Watanabe

WORDS
Music: Mayuko Maruyama

W

The way I am
Music: Tetsuya Yukumi

Thanks!

as a reminder
Kazuhiro Hara also wrote
STEP you, criminal, Startin', Born to Be.., Marionette, glitter, untitled ~for her~, Sparkle, Curtain call, Lady Dynamite, You were.., Why... feat. JUNO, Missing, NOW & 4EVA, WARNING

Tetsuya Yukumi
ANGEL'S SONG, Memorial address, HOPE or PAIN, HAPPY ENDING, Moments, winding road, INSPIRE, HONEY, (miss)understood, JEWEL, momentum, kiss o' kill, Secret, part of Me, (don't) Leave me alone, GUILTY, MY ALL, Life,
GREEN, count down, Last Links, meaning of Love, RED LINE ~for TA~, Last minute, Out of control, Story, Step by step, Summer diary, Sorrows, Shape of love, Sky high, Winter diary, FLOWER, Breakdown, Mr.Darling

RealLight 5th August 2018 06:35 PM

*listening to the whole thing rn*

freedreamer 5th August 2018 06:35 PM

I feel like the music in the album is soooo driven. Im not sure how to put it but every song's arrangement and music is really very thorough and packed. There's not really a very quiet and slowpaced moment. Every song has the BAMBAMBAM factor. BUT one thing about it is that...its so apparent the difference in her quality of her voice when it switches from æternal to WORDS. The difference in smoothness and easy-singing is obvious to me (what Zeke mentioned).

I think her marketing worked. Those teasers on Spotify. Ultimately all led to this moment that, you are already familiar with the song, pieces of it and the final product is something not too out of your comfort zone. it's familiar and somehow reassuring to me. I mean of course, that is provided people actually replayed those teasers (which I hope they can take down from all her online disco NOW)

-----

01. We are the QUEENS - felt new to me because I completely havent listened to it for the past 1.5 years. It's still refreshing but very game music of course. Still has a gimmicky factor but in another light, quite empowering.

02. æternal - I was soooo scared about that vocal track she went with but she still went with it. The mixing makes her voice not so jarring especially when it turns emotional. In the latter half, she sounds really strong though, but still maintaining an emotional quality and that is what I love about her voice (at least in studio tracks). She doesnt have to FORCE it, she just HAS that quality in her vocals (for example in WORDS. She sounds emotional but she doesnt force it through the way she sings). I also forgot there was a bridge in this piece so it was great to hear it and I really do feel her passion when she sings here. Musically, I love the song. Someone compared it to NOW & 4EVA, beatwise and basswise, I can hear it but I do love this bittersweet summer midtempo track a lot.

03. WORDS - LOVE and still LOVE.

04. W - Wow What.The.Heck. Does W stand for WOW?! This is some really hard guitar and rock sound which I havent really heard from her. It totally deserves a PV omg. I can imagine this being the rockier twisted version of Ladies Night somehow. Musically, it reminds me of 1 LOVE. Verse super rich but Chorus less melodious. But wait, I mean, I wish it was more...creative? and LONGER? the chorus felt like it was going to places but it cut short. I totally love the speed of it. And the music during that bridge and how it led into the chorus after? BRILLIANT.

05. The way I am - Love this too. I actually already know the lyrics from listening just from the LINE Live and that fanrecorded version in PoM final LOL. It's so heartfelt and moving. She sounds so genuine and the way she sings gives me so much positive vibes along with the music (despite its typical arrangement but whatever, its classic)

tenshi no hane 5th August 2018 06:54 PM

I loooooove W :heart The lyrics are fun and I always like her rock songs. The others don't really do much for me.

Chris_Duvall 5th August 2018 06:56 PM

I absolutely love æternal!!!!

errikkutrancex 5th August 2018 07:00 PM

"W" is horrible, nothing original....and borring.

Other tracks are just good for 2 and 1/2 years of waiting...

RealLight 5th August 2018 07:06 PM

I'm still digesting everything and I'll give my thoughts later, but for now I can say:

"OK Ayu, you did... good?"

maxikot 5th August 2018 07:09 PM

Look what our forum member Katsuyuki012 has made, the album preview:

CeReSu 5th August 2018 07:13 PM

Nothing really outstanding for me, except W which I like! I wish Ayu did more songs like this one and not the eternal pop/ballad music

KittyKathy 5th August 2018 07:15 PM

W is on repeat :heart. I just hope that W will get some creepy music video. :D

Diego-kun 5th August 2018 07:23 PM

æternal - it sounds nice but it lacks potential. It'd fit a full-length album better as a classic filler track.

W - it reminds me of 1 LOVE. It's the type of song I need to listen at least 5 times to form an opinion. With Ayu's rock songs it's always either love or meh and my first impression is that this one is going to be on the second batch.

The way I am - I love this one. It has the typical Ayu sound and emotional lyrics.

As some of you have already said, it's a bit disappointing for such a long wait...

love in music 5th August 2018 07:29 PM

Just listened to the album, overall I think it would work better if it were a mini album, still weirded out how they called it an album but yeah like people said I hope there's a part 2 (but I won't be expecting it).

Favorite tracks overall are We are the queens, W, and WORDS. W really blew me away, æternal is good but having it right before WORDS reminded me of how much better WORDS is lol. The way I am is quite simple and doesn't stand out to me, I can't even hear much emotion in her voice like I can in the other tracks. Overall I am pretty happy with it though and I'll be having W on repeat for a while!

Ryusei 5th August 2018 07:31 PM

Aeternal is a struggle for me to get through and her voice sounds constantly struggling too. I have NEVER had this feeling when listening to an ayu song. I love Made in Japan but on this album you can really hear those live inflections that she has adapted to sing certain tones like all the U are so intensely ÜÜÜÜÜ now and I hate that. She can't seem to hold a note anymore and it's sad. At least I couldn't hear that in the studio versions so far but in aeternal and The way I am it's so obvious.

I know this is an unpopular opinion but I also didnt think her recent live performances were any good. And it pains me to write this because I love ayu so much and she gets enough sh*t as is. Probably won't listen to those songs much. They're not pleasant to listen to for me. (only the 3 new songs, I actually liked Words and We are the queens)

RealLight 5th August 2018 07:46 PM

We are the QUEENS - I could count in both hands the amount of times I listened to it since it's release. It's a pretty fun song, it's just the long intro that I feel is totally out of place.

æternal - My favorite so far. I love the chorus and the bridge. I noticed that, probably because it's an early leak, but I feel the quality of the mixing sounds off. I hope that's case because the song is lovely. Another thing that bothers me is the way she sings "ru", it's the same way when she's singing live... which I'm not a fan of.

WORDS - Still feel the same. Cute, but nothing memorable or groundbreaking.

W - I was scared lol omg, I don't think she's made this kind of rock song before. This was one was very interesting, the opening, the verses and the arrangement and if she happens to make a PV for it, I can see something like a "dark circus". I just can't get into the chorus, it's so much build up but I feel like something is really missing in it, it could be more intense.

The way I am - As I expected, that live rip made the it sound richer and more alive, because the studio version it's just another cute, safe song in her discography.

Overall, it's an OK album, at first listen I thought it was gonna be better than sixxxxxx, but they're actually on the same level. It's very disappointing after 2 years of wait.

Mr. Talkin2myself 5th August 2018 07:56 PM

Yes, definitely the way I am is the best out of the three new ones. words and watq , I think, are stronger then the three new songs

Machiko 5th August 2018 07:59 PM

W destroyed me

:luv2:luv2:luv2:luv2

YuraiNamida 5th August 2018 08:06 PM

We are the QUEENS (4.5): I already loved it when it was first released. I like the musically rollercoster ride it is. The dramatically-epic-Game of Thrones-ish beginning, the "EDM explosion" when she start to sing and the mix of the two styles during the chorus. And again the birdge that mix the two styles like a duet starting with the "epic style" continuing wth the "EDM sound" and going back again until she goes back to the full fledged chorus. The strong lyrics is absolutely perfect with this music as well!

æternal (5.0): I think it's my favourite from this album. It's like a darker Summer Diary. Actually is not that sad... it's a mood in-between Shape of Love and Summer Diary. Probably because musically is closer to Summer Diary but the way she sings is so emotional that make the song closer to Shape of Love's tone. I love how she sings here, btw.

WORDS (4.0): A song that I loved, and still love, a lot. Probably if it was a new track it would be a little bit overshadowed by the rest, especially æternal that is on the same sound. Being released on its own made it memorable to me.

W (3.5): Well... probably "W" stands for Weird lol It's unexpected. It's like the funny, messy and weird sister of WARNING, but I prefer WARNING to it. There is a lot happening in not that much time. I feel like is not completely "flashed out". For me it needed to take its time to be more enjoyable. Probably the weaker from the album in my opinion, well for my tastes anyway. Being between WORDS and The way I am is not helping either.

The way I am (4.5): I love Ayu's power ballad. The perfect sequel to Anything for You and You are the only one. The lyrics is so close to my love situation right now that it would be impossible to me to not love this song now. Probably nothng original, but still listening to it is so touching.

Overall I still feel the album should had been a full album with at least 10 songs. This album is around 22 minutes long, but almost half of it (10:05 minutes) is stuff from last year. I don't know if TROUBLE alone is enough to fullfill an era in AYu's career and next year tour but, if I don't think about it, I really really like what I listened. I feel I will listen æternal A LOT, and The way I am will surely mark this period of my life.

pepper 5th August 2018 08:11 PM

I dont like the fact that W have strong vocals and a freakishly good guitar rifs cause the whole song is such a mess which makes me enjoy this less. I love the lalala parts, but I am actually dissapointed.

It's kinda emotionless for me? Its all fun and games but it lacks of emotions (Microphone has it for example)

roanmy 5th August 2018 08:37 PM

I really like We are the Queens, all though I wish it started around 00:55 into the song.
Æternal is fine for me. It's an alright song, but somewhat forgettable.
As for WORDS, it's just fine. Definitely not my favorite song, but I don't hate it either.
W is a hot rock-is mess, and I LOVE it! :D
I enjoy The way I am,it's a nice Ayu song, and that's all I need it to be.

DogboyShugo 5th August 2018 08:52 PM

I won't deny that I'm kind of let down with the lack of tracks on this. I suppose that's partially my fault for expecting a full album. Also having WORDS and We are the QUEENS on this mini album makes it less special considering it only has 5 tracks and those two were already released.

Oh well! I look forward to hearing the new tracks.

thinkingoutloud89 5th August 2018 09:25 PM

^I say it again: don't listen to Singles in J-Pop. Everyone knows by now, they end up on an album.

Isicio 5th August 2018 11:01 PM

The album is up on Spotify

xLuna&1LOVE 5th August 2018 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isicio (Post 3281840)
The album is up on Spotify

Hallelujah! Now I can listen to the whole journey towards my holiday destination tomorrow!

kaled kalil 5th August 2018 11:26 PM

@thinkingoutloud89 singles are supposed to be a glimpse of what to expect for the album, and not the whole content... There is nothing wrong in listening to singles before the album.

I'll wait for the album to be available in here (around midnight, I would say), so I can experience the album. I haven't pay much attention to WORDS, but I kinda like WATQ.

cosmicfirefly 6th August 2018 12:16 AM

We are the QUEENS: I hadn't listened to this song in a long while so I had forgotten most of it, but I really love it. It sounds to me like it could be from one of her older eras, like around the time of GUILTY or Rock 'n' Roll Circus. I also really like the extra epic beginning, I think it all works.

æternal: This was the new song I was looking forward to the most after hearing the demos, but I was pretty disappointed with it, though I like it more after a few listens. The beginning sounds kind of unfinished and for most of the song her voice sounds like it's struggling so much. I think this could have sounded so much better if she'd sang it 'lighter' like some of her other recent midtempos and ballads. I do like the second half and bridge a lot though, and the parts where her voice goes really high. Maybe I will enjoy it in higher quality more, or a live version.

WORDS: Probably my favorite track on the album. Since it came out I really loved it and for some reason gets me emotional.

W: Reminds me of Lady Dynamite (which I like) a bit in the overall feel of the song, but I think this one, like æternal, seems like it's missing something extra in the music. I don't have any issues with her voice here, but I think the song itself could do something different. I like what I think is the piano in the background on the second verse. It feels so short too, but I do enjoy it.

The way I am: I like it, but it's definitely a grower for me. Doesn't stand out much against some of her other ballads, but the lyrics are good and her voice sounds better than in æternal.

I get the feeling with the new songs on this album, that I like them a lot more after like the first minute and a half or so. I don't know what it is about the beginnings of these, but they just feel so empty. I'm hoping I will like them more live or in better quality. Overall, I think this is an OK album, but not really strong enough for a 20th anniversary release, or even as a mini album honestly. I think they would suit a full length album better, but I'm still looking forward to what she'll release next.

BlackSilence 6th August 2018 12:37 AM

I really wanted to get the EP on iTunes, but it's probably never gonna be there for my country. Cuz it's still not.

Deep snow 6th August 2018 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artcika (Post 3281853)
I really wanted to get the EP on iTunes, but it's probably never gonna be there for my country. Cuz it's still not.

I checked the UK store, it's not there yet, either. fingers crossed that it will show up for us!

tsumekaze_ 6th August 2018 12:46 AM

I’m a lesbian for W and won’t even try to hide it.
Impressed as I haven’t been in a long time. (Though I love ayu to death)

Party_King 6th August 2018 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artcika (Post 3281853)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep snow (Post 3281854)
I checked the UK store, it's not there yet, either. fingers crossed that it will show up for us!

It's actually in the german iTunes Store and also on Apple Music...

rainbow_smile 6th August 2018 01:19 AM

^ I don't see it available for purchase on German itunes store, only streaming.

They only mentioned that the album will be available early on streaming platforms, they never said it'll be available to purchase, so i think it'll appear on iTunes on the official release date, August 15

melissalove 6th August 2018 01:46 AM

This album's pretty mellow compared to the covers. I was expecting something edgy, party queen, warning type of thing. :P this is good too, very love song related.

Deep snow 6th August 2018 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbow_smile (Post 3281861)
They only mentioned that the album will be available early on streaming platforms, they never said it'll be available to purchase, so i think it'll appear on iTunes on the official release date, August 15

yes, good point. I hope some HQ rip from the stream version would be available while I wait for the album to be released on iTunes.

HilaryDuffFanboy 6th August 2018 02:22 AM

I'm just glad to have some new Ayu music to listen to. It's short and sweet.

hud 6th August 2018 03:26 AM

listening to the itunes/apple music version, WATQ sounds more polished. the chorus is clear now and doesn't sound busy and "low quality" as the version we had before. WORDS sounds better too.

adrtwb 6th August 2018 03:39 AM

i’m trying to not listen/stream online. i want to be back at those old days where i wait for the album to arrive and put in the cd player!

hud 6th August 2018 04:02 AM

Spotify link: https://open.spotify.com/album/3mjJJ...R4qLypo6C7t3xg

kotora 6th August 2018 04:08 AM

I am looking forward she performs these songs in tour, especially W.

The first 1 minute of We are the QUEENS basically is an album intro. We can call it "task Queen" LoL.

Evan Odinson 6th August 2018 04:11 AM

I really liked, I'm weak for what some call "generic ayu pop ballads" so I really loved æternal and The way I am :laugh but W was my favorite!

My Rainbow 6th August 2018 04:16 AM

I really like the mini album, I just wished there were 5 more songs in it...

freedreamer 6th August 2018 04:21 AM

Secretly hoping that because the official website hasnt updated the tracklist...they may just be part2 flipside album LOL

and lol Spotify clearly lists this as a Single

hud 6th August 2018 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freedreamer (Post 3281895)
and lol Spotify clearly lists this as a Single

they list a lot of her singles as albums too. the singles and EP part is the same and the tag is "TROUBLE - EP" on itunes so yeah. it's an EP, they want to call it an album so be it, but it's not a single. :P

freedreamer 6th August 2018 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowo (Post 3281899)
they list a lot of her singles as albums too. the singles and EP part is the same and the tag is "TROUBLE - EP" on itunes so yeah. it's an EP, they want to call it an album so be it, but it's not a single. :P

TRUE. I mean LOVE and again are albums while sixxxxxx is under singles

Andrenekoi 6th August 2018 04:46 AM

Ok, I went from liking the album to loving it after listening to it in high quality on my good phones.

hud 6th August 2018 04:52 AM

^ same, I can't stop listening to it now lmao

Chibi-Chan 6th August 2018 05:12 AM

Even though I enjoy her voice, it feels strange when put together with the arrangements of aeternal and The way I am. Also I find those extremely boring and uninspired. I was already over this kind of dreamy summer songs after glitter was released. Honestly, how many of this kind of songs do we need? Both have a nice melody and if they would have gotten more raw arrangements with a more rock feel to them instead of this typical dreamy jpop sound, they could have been great. But like this they just bore me.
It doesn't help the album either that WORDS is also on the EP, which is as boring as it can get.
W could have been great, but especially the chorus lacks something.

jbrat2219 6th August 2018 05:27 AM

Honestly, I'm underwhelmed. The songs are nice, but just nice. I think I'll like it more after listening to it a few more times, because right now none of the new songs stand out for me. WATQ is my favorite song on the album, I was really hoping that wouldn't be the case initially but it's still good to have new music.

cosmicfirefly 6th August 2018 05:53 AM

I get the impression that she released this album due to pressure from fans and/or avex since it was expected she should do something for her 20th anniversary especially after not having a new album in two years, but she wasn't ready yet. Though if that was the case, I don't get why they didn't just release A Best 3 and call it a day. She could have kept touring with that, without having to record new music and it would have been fitting for an anniversary.

Evolution7/4 6th August 2018 05:57 AM

I'm pleasantly surprised with W! Give me rock Ayu and her signature "accent" and I am happy! Wish this was a full album!

Refix 6th August 2018 06:10 AM

This album excreting summer...
I really hope W didn't have u wo uwo vocalizing part in the reff. Although it's not as much as WATQ but still...
aeterna and the way I am are like her general pop songs... hit and miss for me. At this time, they're slight in a miss side.

primavera♥ 6th August 2018 06:12 AM

I like this mini, and I'm happy with the songs. But like, they really could have been something better. W, for example, with the chorus issue that many of us has touched on.

For me also, I guess I get the concept, but I wouldn't have minded a low budget but well directed pv to tie into her vision for this. At this point though, I'm just accepting the music and hoping it's good, which it is (even if not stellar).

I just wanted a cover album. I still want one now lol.

On another note, I did enjoy getting to hear demos.

tsumekaze_ 6th August 2018 07:10 AM

I’m just wondering why she would call it trouble and give it an edgy promotion as if all the songs were like W when more than half of it it’s generic ballads lol

tokyoxjapanxfan 6th August 2018 07:15 AM

Yeah it’s weird.

This entire release is very weird.

And ultimately I’m extremely underwhelmed.

Like, ok cool. 3 new songs. But like, I like having albums that really have some point of view or direction, or something to grasp on to.

Heck, even sixxxxxx had some sort of connection tying them all together. This release just feels so ... weird to me.

I don’t hate any songs, but I’m still not like feeling anything with this release. I waited two years for what, less than 15 min of new music.

Zeke. 6th August 2018 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsumekaze_ (Post 3281939)
I’m just wondering why she would call it trouble and give it an edgy promotion as if all the songs were like W when more than half of it it’s generic ballads lol

Honestly makes no fuckin sense.

kotora 6th August 2018 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmicfirefly (Post 3281923)
I get the impression that she released this album due to pressure from fans and/or avex since it was expected she should do something for her 20th anniversary especially after not having a new album in two years, but she wasn't ready yet. Though if that was the case, I don't get why they didn't just release A Best 3 and call it a day. She could have kept touring with that, without having to record new music and it would have been fitting for an anniversary.

I felt like the spotlight is on Namie Amuro in this year. Ayu is quieter about her 20th anniversary, compared to what she did in 10th and 15th Anniversary. I am not expecting A BEST 3 will be out anytime soon.

summerain 6th August 2018 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsumekaze_ (Post 3281939)

After reading the lyrics, for me it's pretty clear she's talking about her struggle with deafness and critics. The main cover (the one used on CM) is basically her touching the left ear. It's the trouble, the problem, the issue.

douggn 6th August 2018 07:48 AM

Im liking it. Loving w. Would of been nicer if I hadn't already known watq and words, but im liking it more first off then (made) in Japan . Wishing it had one or 2 more tracks to it or pv's :P even interludes i would loved to help bridge the tracks together. I still love the song but i feel watq should of been a bonus track :P (but it does kind of feel we aren't seeing the creative side of ayu as much anymore :(, but who knows the reason. The 5 tracks may be ayu's decision with a reason or it could be avex doing the, need to make some money thing :P) she may also have her next project in sight and maybe these wouldn't fit on it and she just wanted to share her songs :)

thinkingoutloud89 6th August 2018 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaled kalil (Post 3281842)
@thinkingoutloud89 singles are supposed to be a glimpse of what to expect for the album, and not the whole content... There is nothing wrong in listening to singles before the album.

I'll wait for the album to be available in here (around midnight, I would say), so I can experience the album. I haven't pay much attention to WORDS, but I kinda like WATQ.

It is not, but people should stop crying about "old songs on albums" like they didn't know better then.

tsumekaze_ 6th August 2018 08:38 AM

Anyway what bothers me it’s that there’s virtually no promotion for this here in Japan. I can see Utada and Namie literally everywhere but there’s nothing about trouble? Or maybe I haven’t noticed? Lol

kotora 6th August 2018 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsumekaze_ (Post 3281962)
Anyway what bothers me it’s that there’s virtually no promotion for this here in Japan. I can see Utada and Namie literally everywhere but there’s nothing about trouble? Or maybe I haven’t noticed? Lol

I am mad there is no PV for TROUBLE. I feel ayu is unusually quiet for promoting this album.

Well, this year is for Namie for sure.

dez0424 6th August 2018 08:52 AM

I'm glad there's a preview on iTunes today. I cancelled my order. lol!!!!!!
This mess ain't worth 2000yen, and I'm gonna get a Taiwan version at a cheaper price and it even comes with that DVD!

This mess is confusing. I have no idea what "TROUBLE" has to do with the cover and the songs.
The songs ain't even related to the theme.
If W goes with We are the Queens, the other 3 songs are out of line.
It seems to me that their team is now only left with ayu and Timmy going like "oh yea that's so cool let's call it trouble you trouble maker, you go girl let's do it". And here we get a pile of songs they randomly burn with their laptop.

Ayu really needs to learn how to tone down the dramatic teases that don't live up to expectations.
Doing 4 big shows at Tokyo and Osaka, give it a special name, is better than doing a bunch of hall shows over 4 months. Touring small houses with a 5-track EP is much more underwhelming than doing a mash-up 20th anniversary show.

FoxyPinkGirl 6th August 2018 09:18 AM

This “mini album” deserves some pvs. At least one for sure. I’m really surprised of how fantastic it is. Just disappointed that there isn’t even one pv.

Linza-mo 6th August 2018 09:37 AM

I am surprised to love this album so much.

I really LOVE W and The way I am, I listen to them in a loop! I have always loved we are the queen, this song cheer me up, it's done the job.
aeternel is nice, not a big fan of the arrangement but chorus is really pretty, and I love her voice on this song!
WORDS is... WORDS haha
It don't bother me, it's just ok

like everyone else I'm frustrated that there are only 5 songs and I would like to understand but, I enjoy of what we have for now.

good job Ayu! It's a strange release but maybe tha'ts why I love it haha

Trinu 6th August 2018 09:40 AM

I think this might be the most disappointing release since I started following her back in 2003.

Sure, LOVE and again were proper trolling, but with this she topped herself.

The way I am is the only good bit in this and I can already see her trying to squeeze out the tears while performing it.

aeternal and W are very meh.
She has much better songs in her discography that do much better what these attempted.

CeReSu 6th August 2018 09:44 AM

Ok I listened to it. I know most of you will not like what I will say but that's it. This is Ayumi Hamasaki we are talking about and for an artist like her, this album is a joke. There is nothing new here. 2 years for 3 new songs? I know that is something for most of you, but for me, this is a very bad joke. I'm disappointed because this is Ayu and she can do better. She has done these kind of songs for age now. I have the feeling that Ayu lives in the past and can't deliver something new now. I feel from now on, there will always be these kind of songs.

I always enjoyed We are the queens, I love the "game vibes" in it, it is fierce and entertaining. So I'm happy the song is here.

aeternal is so basic. And I find the vocal horrible, like Ayu is souting and sounds very tired. There is nothing new here, that's a shame. That is a song I already listened to 1000x. Dear God, how can't she be tired of this kind of song in her discography?
I will forget this song very quicly.

Words is the same kind of song that aeternal. No, aeternal is a pale copy of Words. Same melody or so. But Words is way better, the vocals are much softer, better, sweet. That's not my cup of tea because once again, there is nothing new but overall I appreciate the song in this mini album.

W is my favorite! Thanks God at least one rockish song!! I love it, it reminds me of 1love (which is one of my fav song of Ayu). I freacking love the intro!!! I wanted so much to have an album like this, which match the name "Trouble", something rockish, maybe a little more dark! I'm very happy to have this song to listen to.

The way I am is once again very classic, like Words and aeternal. I will forget it quickly too I think.

I listen to Ayu since 2004 and I always enjoyed her releases but maybe my tastes are changing but I can't find what I loved in Ayu's music before in her recent songs. There is one or two songs I like in each release, but it's been a long time since I enjoyed, loved a full album. Ayu can do better, she used to be surprising with various styles but not now.
Now it is the same classical pop/ballad songs.
There is no Trouble in this album, she must called it "Sweet" or "Memories" it would be better.
So I continue to follow her, maybe by habit but this time I can't defend her work. Aside from W, I'm really disappointed.

*Petit* 6th August 2018 09:48 AM

I really like aeternal. It sounds like a few of her other songs in terms of arrangement and melody, but it has some personality that sets it apart. I guess you might call it a "well crafted" j-pop song overall and I don't think it's going to be the new "my all", but who knows. I'm not mad waiting two years for a song like this, she does them masterfully :)

Like the guitar solo i the way I am and again it's a nice song. Same goes for the rest, except I don't like W much.

We are the queens may not be a new song, but it's one of my favourite songs in "recent" times, so I'm glad it's getting a proper release. It's def. the standout track on this release.

I hope this albums breaks 20k.

As for the disappointing part, I think she's just being safe. Look at the difference in sales and I presume popularity between A one and colors... A one contains a much safer set of songs than colors, so does sixxx. I don't think it makes sense to expect anything wildly different from her these days. But I can understand that people are disappointed.

maririn 6th August 2018 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artcika (Post 3281737)
Hm. I'm not mad at the new songs at all. I actually love the way she sounds in them. I like the slight roughness in her vocals, gives more depth. Plus she sounds so natural, clear and comfortable.

Not a bad job, AYU. Well done!

I wish we had more.

100% agree. Better than over-produced vocals.

kotora 6th August 2018 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trinu (Post 3281974)
I think this might be the most disappointing release since I started following her back in 2003.

Sure, LOVE and again were proper trolling, but with this she topped herself.

The way I am is the only good bit in this and I can already see her trying to squeeze out the tears while performing it.

aeternal and W are very meh.
She has much better songs in her discography that do much better what these attempted.

Tbh, LOVE and again should be called TROLL and again or called BASIC and BITCH. I don't like like how she release the albums.

Chris85 6th August 2018 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CeReSu (Post 3281975)
I have the feeling that Ayu lives in the past and can't deliver something new now. I feel from now on, there will always be these kind of songs.

After she declared that running away to USA was a mistake, she made a lot of efforts to win her Japanese audience back including sticking to her classic Ayu sound, so I guess less experiments, more safer songs will continue being a thing for her.

Aga-chan 6th August 2018 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by summerain (Post 3281948)
After reading the lyrics, for me it's pretty clear she's talking about her struggle with deafness and critics. The main cover (the one used on CM) is basically her touching the left ear. It's the trouble, the problem, the issue.

You would think after all this time people would learn that the title of her releases has little to nothing (in most cases) to do with the musical content, but mostly with the lyrical one.

I'm not going to listen to the "full album" until I get my physical copy. ^^

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris85 (Post 3281980)
After she declared that running away to USA was a mistake, she made a lot of efforts to win her Japanese audience back including sticking to her classic Ayu sound, so I guess less experiments, more safer songs will continue being a thing for her.

She's understood that progess doesn't mean change. In one ViVi interview she said that she really likes white shirts, so these days instead of having the change be wearing different colours, she changes it up with different length of sleeves etc. I wouldn't be surprised if she views her music and her concerts the same way. She might record orchestral ballad No. 3471, but this time in an interesting time signature or with a heavier e-guitar. No change for the whole purpose of change.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrtwb (Post 3281882)
i’m trying to not listen/stream online. i want to be back at those old days where i wait for the album to arrive and put in the cd player!

:yes My type of person.

^_-

KittyKathy 6th August 2018 11:14 AM

My favorite songs are W and WATQ. I like all the songs, but these two are my favorites.

rainbow_smile 6th August 2018 11:42 AM

Trouble doesn't have to be angry/rock, that's just your interpretation of it

thinkingoutloud89 6th August 2018 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aga-chan (Post 3281985)
You would think after all this time people would learn that the title of her releases has little to nothing (in most cases) to do with the musical content, but mostly with the lyrical one.

-

thats what I thought reading the comments on the title.

Andrenekoi 6th August 2018 11:56 AM

As some people seens to only know this word from pokemon:

Quote:

"trou·ble
ˈtrəb(ə)l/Enviar
noun

difficulty or problems.
"I had trouble finding somewhere to park"
sinônimos: problems, difficulty, bother, inconvenience, worry, concern, anxiety, distress, stress, strife, agitation, harassment, hassle, unpleasantness Mais

public unrest or disorder.
"the cops are preparing for trouble by bringing in tear gas"
sinônimos: disturbance, disorder, unrest, unruliness, fighting, fracas, breach of the peace
"a game marred by serious crowd trouble"

verb
cause distress or anxiety to.
"he was not troubled by doubts"
sinônimos: worry, bother, concern, disturb, upset, agitate, distress, perturb, annoy, irritate, vex, irk, nag, niggle, prey on someone's mind, weigh down, burden; informalbug
"this matter had been troubling her for some time""
Them...

Quote:

No matter the attack, it can't hurt me
The fight, yes, is a message to you
I have a place to protect with those I love
For that reason I'll wield even a sword
Quote:

I can't say a clear goodbye and I couldn't say thank you
Somehow, somehow I couldn't make it in words
I dreamt of our summer days together and woke up crying
While becoming memories, we grow up as adults

Quote:

Though I haven't told you
That perfect room
I really hated it

I don't have a cozy place anywhere
In this controlled world
Where even breathing isn't allowed

Though I thought
"But if I laugh
Without making anyone sad anymore
Somehow it can be let go past"...

Alone I was hit by the rain
On that day when I escaped crying
Without completely knowing
What will be from here on even now
Quote:

My armor is ready. All that’s left to do
is to smile shyly — ready

I’m only letting you make me feel good, you know?
Uh- wow uh- wow
It’s your own fault for taking things seriously, you know?
Uh- wow uh- wow
Quote:

If there’s possibly a bright future
amidst this detoriation, I want to see it with you
If such a wish will still be allowed
I want to keep walking a little longer, somehow,
through these times

Even so, as long as you say
you want to believe the future is bright
I will stay here, continuing to make dreams come true
And when you no longer need me, please,
don’t pity me

Throw me away without hesitation

Throw me away without hesitation
People are really complaining the music has nothing to do with the title? It's not Ayu's fault you guys had the Team Rocket speach in mind all over these weeks.

dumbellz 6th August 2018 12:21 PM

After listening to the three new songs, and how someone pointed out that this release is more of a release for the tour dvd/bluray along with an album/three new songs. It makes me think that there might really be a full album coming with pv for the songs. Both aeternal and W just seem like there will be a pv for them.

rikku1994 6th August 2018 01:02 PM

Idk what kind of expectations ppl who hated the release had? Like we already got teasers and I already expected what they would sound, I got two gems off of this EP and those are W and the way I am. I'm ok with this.

Not really expecting something super stellar cause it seems Avex is more focused on promoting Namie (which btw isn't suprising cause it's a wrap for her) and Ayu seems like she wanted to spend the 20th anniversary through touring.

polka-dot-jewel 6th August 2018 01:36 PM

She would have benefitted having the tours released separately, and then this mini included only with a deluxe edition (similar to ayu-mi-x 7's nonstop mix being included in the bundle).

These songs sound very generic. The way I am is definitely a standout track, and aeternal is cute, but not something I'd go back to. W reminds me of other J-Pop artists trying out rock-ish sounding songs, it almost sounds cheap?... I've heard much better rock from Ayu.

Regardless, watch this be another LOVE & again, and this will turn into a full album at some point.

Gustavopc 6th August 2018 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan (Post 3281940)
Yeah it’s weird.

This entire release is very weird.

And ultimately I’m extremely underwhelmed.

Like, ok cool. 3 new songs. But like, I like having albums that really have some point of view or direction, or something to grasp on to.

Heck, even sixxxxxx had some sort of connection tying them all together. This release just feels so ... weird to me.

I don’t hate any songs, but I’m still not like feeling anything with this release. I waited two years for what, less than 15 min of new music.

Pretty much all of this, summed up my exact feelings towards this release :/ Hope there's more to this TROUBLE project than what we're seeing rn (as it has been theorized on this forum)

ayumi_ed 6th August 2018 02:04 PM

I recall that in the Just the Beginning concert I attended in Fukuoka, when she performed WORDS, fans were so touched n it's like a highlight of that concert.

voltron 6th August 2018 02:23 PM

It's interesting that she hasn't had a title track since Party Queen - something that had previously been very rare in her discography has now become the norm.

In my head, I hear her talking about the title TROUBLE in her normal vague way of "Certainly you must all now understand why I called this album TROUBLE? TROUBLE has many meanings, doesn't it? It is something you can cause, or something you can be, something others can case for you, or something you can find yourself in. Maybe you need help, or maybe you need to be stopped."

inspire_rmx 6th August 2018 02:23 PM

pretty disappointed with this release. not really fond of her voice for all of the songs. best track imo is WORDS.

Andrenekoi 6th August 2018 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voltron (Post 3282007)
It's interesting that she hasn't had a title track since Party Queen - something that had previously been very rare in her discography has now become the norm.

In my head, I hear her talking about the title TROUBLE in her normal vague way of "Certainly you must all now understand why I called this album TROUBLE? TROUBLE has many meanings, doesn't it? It is something you can cause, or something you can be, something others can case for you, or something you can find yourself in. Maybe you need help, or maybe you need to be stopped."

Her albums changed a lot on the past years... Now they are shorter, interludes are gone, no title tracks....

Deep snow 6th August 2018 02:48 PM

having listened to what I believe to be the iTunes version with my good headphones, the motherf[REDACTED] [REDACTED] mastering really, really bothers me. like, in no way am I a professional, but the album sounds so ill-put together.

I didn't notice any change with We are the QUEENS (which I think was OK to begin with, mastering-wise), but æternal just sounds sooo jarringly different because it's so much louder—you can tell right away from the first verse. and then motherf[REDACTED] WORDS? that [REDACTED] still sounds as shitty as the version we got in 2017. I'm so disappointed because I really like these two songs (especially WORDS). thankfully I don't think I notice the same thing for W and The way I am.

ayu, babe, whomst the [REDACTED] is doing your mastering the last four-five years? fire that [REDACTED] and report their ass to the International Criminal Court for crimes against humanity. I want to [REDACTED] that [REDACTED]'s [REDACTED] until [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] and [REDACTED].

---
EDIT: re-reading this ten minutes after I posted it, I'm no longer as angry, but the main argument stands.