Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Max Matsuura leaves Avex (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19796)

Unimatrix Prime™ 31st July 2004 09:06 PM

Max Matsuura leaves Avex

Somewhat Ayu-related, but Max Matsuura from Avex will be resigning. It's not entirely clear, but from what I could gather from an auto-translation from Yomiuri, he's leaving because of some management issues.

Delirium-Zer0 31st July 2004 09:08 PM

Holy CRAP!!! But he's like... MR. AVEX!!! He's the Velfarre guy! He executive produced like, every act on that label!!! O____O!!!!

What does it mean for Avex if Masato Matsuura leaves???

Unimatrix Prime™ 31st July 2004 09:16 PM

Not entirely sure. I tried translating the article from Sanspo, and it seems that he left because of a difference of a management view. He's supposed to soon establish Avex DI DI (present Avex) in April, and he'll open an import wholesale business for CDs. Not sure if this is correct, but I think he was supposed to be inaugurated as the company vice president on October 1.

Coelacanth 31st July 2004 09:18 PM

What does it mean for Ayu? :yconfused

Unimatrix Prime™ 31st July 2004 09:20 PM

I assume that someone else would take his place shortly, but whether that affects her career (along with others like Namie, DAI, etc) drastically or not is unknown. I just hope they'll manage with his absense :(

Findlay 31st July 2004 09:20 PM

That is aiming for... ELT, ai otsuka, ayu, Namie, DAI etc all lost their producer... o_O

Delirium-Zer0 31st July 2004 09:21 PM

So he's staying with the Avex group, just leaving avex trax?

Rei.. 31st July 2004 09:25 PM

.......... wow... so someone else is gonna produce Ayu?? or will Ayu go with him??? this is so weird... max leaving avex.. seems impossible!

Unimatrix Prime™ 31st July 2004 09:27 PM

I'm pretty sure that he's gonna stay with Avex, but just doing another thing.

AfanforXX 31st July 2004 09:28 PM

if he officially leaves all things avex, the company has lost the 2 men who built it, TK and max *tho TK has been dead for a while*

Findlay 31st July 2004 09:33 PM

from what I've read on that article, it is possible that ELT, ayu etc will all move out of avex trax to follow him...

Rei.. 31st July 2004 09:34 PM

TK died???? or do you just mean his career? *Rei is having a heart attack*..

AfanforXX 31st July 2004 09:35 PM

omg, that's x_x

TK's career lol, sorry for the confusion

CREA 31st July 2004 09:42 PM

Hopefully this would give ayu a chance to produce herself. Several other artists do it, I don't know why she couldn't.

AfanforXX 31st July 2004 09:46 PM

i thought you needed to know how to play instruments and know things about music creation in order to produce music, I don't think hamasaki knows.....

Rei.. 31st July 2004 09:46 PM

oh.... phew... Thanx for clearing it up LoL!

Stiil i'm imaptient to know what excatly is happening with Max!! mou.. just have to wait for more news i suppose...

Coelacanth 31st July 2004 09:47 PM

Maybe this is a dumb question... But what exactly is a producer?? Here in America the term "music producer" seems to be used as Composer/Mixer and stuff... What exactly does Max do, and what is so important about him?

Aldonia 31st July 2004 09:59 PM

Yikes. That's not good at all. :/

Rei.. 31st July 2004 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfanforXX
i thought you needed to know how to play instruments and know things about music creation in order to produce music, I don't think hamasaki knows.....

I remeber a while ago i read a quote from max matsuura himself saying that Ayu was pratically producing herself and that she was at the level which she could be called a producer,, or something to that effect, can't remember which article though sorry. Also ayu composed M and evolution etc. and I read somwhere that she plays piano. And she's on her 7th album already so she must have leart something along the way!

tl1029530921 31st July 2004 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aldonia
Yikes. That's not good at all. :/

it COULD be a good thing also..O_o..