Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ARENA TOUR 2009 A ~NEXT LEVEL~ setlist and pictures [II] (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88753)

emi♡ 7th May 2009 07:35 AM

YEY! party! :hbday

(anthonys still right about the costumes though :P)

jbrat2219 7th May 2009 07:46 AM

^ emiko, you're too funny lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 1931851)
I think if she's gonna do big dresses, at least emulate some sort of couture gown during a ballad and not some strange poofy costume mermaid-styled wedding dress that makes her hips look HUGE, you know?

Yeah but before that dress I didn't even know she had hips LOL.

elvis810 7th May 2009 09:08 AM

her casual wear looks are WAY better than her live costumes.

waterballoon 7th May 2009 09:12 AM

I'm still disappointed in the dresses for the ballads... I mean HOPE or PAIN was OKAY with the style of the song and that sort of big puffy dresses, but GREEN... omg gimme a break! That dress DOES NOT suit the song, AT ALL.

And Days was worse. I love the song and I love pink but the cutting of the dress and all that is so gross that... I rather she re-use a dress she wore in one of the TV performances for Days than a PCDL recycle...

MissElin_ 7th May 2009 10:01 AM

Yes I agree with alot of you. The concert itself looks REALLY awesome! Its gonna be great to see later on!

But...

The costumes...(yeah I am whiny cuz once she pulled off AWESOME costumes, I guess Im spoiled costume-vice from Ayu.) AT03-04, AT05 and AT06 was her peak in great costumes. They all where breathtaking and did really make an huge impact on the performance. The feeling was set. This years costumes looks cheap. The pink dress is hidious, something like a 5 years old girl would paint in a picture. Same goes for ANGELS SONG's outfit on PCDL. I mean pretty awesome dresses isnt that hard to design, keep it style-ish at least!

Then Im pretty disapointed that there are so many songs that came from PCDL. The magic with PCDL was those songs and how huge it was, but once again, and now in a tour even, it kills it... I know Ayu isnt lazy, she indeed is hard working and indeed it was convenient for the band not to memorize so many new songs in such a short time but but... The magic is lost for those songs.

However, with this I wouldnt say that it makes impacts on the whole show. I still think that the show looks truly amazing! Its just these little things that dont make me go "OMG WOW" like AT05 and AT06 did.

love in music 7th May 2009 10:54 AM

lol i still like the outfits better than last years, the only 'bad' part is that some are recycled from PCDL, i still like the outfits on their own :yes

jiarongisme 7th May 2009 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by identity (Post 1932025)
lol i still like the outfits better than last years, the only 'bad' part is that some are recycled from PCDL, i still like the outfits on their own :yes

Agreed. Imo, costumes are secondary, it's the theatrics used, Ayu's vocals and Ayu herself which make the concert entertaining. :yes

waterballoon 7th May 2009 01:52 PM

To be honest I actually preferred last year's costumes a lot more... except for the HANABI/End roll dress... once again it's the ballad costume that is a big fail.

polka-dot-jewel 7th May 2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterballoon (Post 1931931)
I'm still disappointed in the dresses for the ballads... I mean HOPE or PAIN was OKAY with the style of the song and that sort of big puffy dresses, but GREEN... omg gimme a break! That dress DOES NOT suit the song, AT ALL.

And Days was worse. I love the song and I love pink but the cutting of the dress and all that is so gross that... I rather she re-use a dress she wore in one of the TV performances for Days than a PCDL recycle...

Well I think she had less time preparing the show, hence why many of the outfits are recycled from PCDL... and as pretty as the big, poofy dresses are, they're probably hard to get in and out of, and Ayu is getting older and she probably doesn't want to get worn out trying to get in and out of a big dress during costume changes lol

love in music 7th May 2009 02:21 PM

i like the dresses lol, especially after the modifications on the sleeves of that white one.

agashi 7th May 2009 02:23 PM

hmmmm~~ i love lighting effects of this show!
really cool!! especially rule-opening- part

maybe this year ayu too focus about her stage...

noidea 7th May 2009 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polka-dot-jewel (Post 1932139)
Well I think she had less time preparing the show, hence why many of the outfits are recycled from PCDL... and as pretty as the big, poofy dresses are, they're probably hard to get in and out of, and Ayu is getting older and she probably doesn't want to get worn out trying to get in and out of a big dress during costume changes lol

but ayus costumes ARE changed, she isnt changing herself in big dresses xD(CT00 behind the scenes)

tokyoxjapanxfan 7th May 2009 03:44 PM

i just put my name in for the team ayu raffle for the last show :D can't wait to find out! still so long away though!! hahaha

and my friend put his name in too, so whichever has better tickets, we'll sell the other ones :P

Andrenekoi 7th May 2009 05:32 PM

I liked all dresses this year but ballads ones... but I almost never like her tour ballad outfits, I think they are aways very "I'm trying to 'Barbie-up' myself" so... xD

About the wig and the dresses looking cheap... wait until video.... There are a lot of outfits that look hideous in photos but end being very good in dancing sceanes, etc^^

emiko: IMO only audience/b&g in at07 was visualy polluted...

waterballoon 7th May 2009 05:39 PM

Oh btw, speaking about emiko, lol, I find that the AT 07 costumes were really good actually. I'm actually kinda overwhelmed by your thoughts about the evolution costume cos I only know it looks good, but know, yes I realize it's a mish-mash of a lot of styles and so... haphazard?

Anyway, AT 07 was the last concert to have decent ballad costumes. M/appears was very simple and beautiful, and part of Me/Secret was needless to say. :)

zoomzoom 7th May 2009 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 1931851)
I think if she's gonna do big dresses, at least emulate some sort of couture gown during a ballad and not some strange poofy costume mermaid-styled wedding dress that makes her hips look HUGE, you know?

It's true, and a lot of her big tour dresses look very homemade, which of course they are, but they shouldn't look that way. They come off very messy. She could probably pull one of her expensive label dresses out of her closet, modify it a bit and make it look 10 times better.

Andrenekoi 7th May 2009 06:28 PM

It would be interesting if she asks a famous fashion designer to... well... design or co-design her outfits for a tour, like Madonna, Kylie or Mylene Farmer do for example

jbrat2219 7th May 2009 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrenekoi (Post 1932355)
It would be interesting if she asks a famous fashion designer to... well... design or co-design her outfits for a tour, like Madonna, Kylie or Mylene Farmer do for example

As long as it's not the guy who did Beyonce's LOL.

Andrenekoi 7th May 2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrat2219 (Post 1932374)
As long as it's not the guy who did Beyonce's LOL.

Beyonce is on a experiemental trip :P Everything she does now seens strange, but it will do wonders to her as an artist in the future (kind of Hikki with Exodus)

ALfromHELLSING 7th May 2009 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agashi_qiao (Post 1932152)
hmmmm~~ i love lighting effects of this show!
really cool!! especially rule-opening- part

maybe this year ayu too focus about her stage...

Yeah, it definitely looks fantastic!!

And outfits from the pix looks really amazing!!:luv2