Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Enquiries (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Does Ayu's voice ever hurt your ears? (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123620)

Amrai-chan 22nd May 2017 09:27 PM

Has listening to any of her songs caused me any pain? No. Sometimes I've had the volume up too loud or the Equalizer settings needed to be adjusted because I had them in the wrong places. Sometimes I think the mix of a song can be a bit off but that's it. They haven't caused any physical pain in my ears.

oaristos 22nd May 2017 09:32 PM

Not really. I think the only voice that ever "hurt" my ears was misono's.

Amalgam 26th May 2017 07:40 PM

Terminal with cheap headphones gives me a headache lol. A song is born, too.

MeltingCORE 27th May 2017 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norrel (Post 3239676)
This isn't meant to be a mean or funny post

It's not mean or funny, don't worry. I love Ayu to death and listen to her and talk about her all the time, but yes, sometimes some of her vocals hurt my ears a bit. Like, the orchestra version of End of the World from ayu-mi-x III hurts my ears.

Cahz- 28th May 2017 05:40 AM

To be quite honest, yes. I.E: the "...dareka wa subete wÓ..." just before Out of Control second chorus, and the "...Ikite iku tte nÁn darou..." on the last chorus. She did a lot of those ~off-key~ notes on Music Station Super Ultra Fest, on the "wÒa yeah"s of evolution and "kekkyoku nani mo ka mo iyasaretÉ'ru" on M. I also heard these notes on FLOWER and Mad World (min 3:43, "...Kono jidaÁi ni kokoro kara...")
These are the only times my ears hurt/have hurted.

Faiza 7th June 2017 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusuke (Post 3240032)
I really enjoy Ayu's voice until 2006. Even the high notes on "Connected", "Kanariya" and even on "UNITE". But I can't bear her vibrato when she ends in "a" vowel since 2008. I dunno. I think it doesn't hurt my ears but my feelings.

QFT

KittyKathy 24th June 2017 08:50 PM

No. I like her voice, especially from 2000 to 2004.

Violently Happy 28th June 2017 11:11 AM

Her voice in JEWEL actually has hurt my ears when I listened to it blasting in the car. XD It's when she says any words that have the I sound, like "hitori" or when she sings "omoi ga itai kurai ni." Is it just me that notices whenever she says words that has the I sound, it is very high pitched? I hope someone understands what I'm talking about. XD

axmish87 29th June 2017 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Violently Happy (Post 3244232)
Her voice in JEWEL actually has hurt my ears when I listened to it blasting in the car. XD It's when she says any words that have the I sound, like "hitori" or when she sings "omoi ga itai kurai ni." Is it just me that notices whenever she says words that has the I sound, it is very high pitched? I hope someone understands what I'm talking about. XD

JEWEL is such a beautiful song and really at least for me those high pitched Iiiis also add an certain charm and feel to it. :yes

EndOfTheWorld 29th June 2017 03:57 AM

I know what you mean about JEWEL. I think lowering the volume on Ayu's voice during the making of the song would help make certain notes softer.:think

Violently Happy 29th June 2017 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axmish87 (Post 3244285)
JEWEL is such a beautiful song and really at least for me those high pitched Iiiis also add an certain charm and feel to it. :yes

It truly is a beautiful song! I also don't mind the high pitched notes, but it was something I noticed when listening to it on full blast in the car. Even though those notes pierce my ears, I actually enjoy it when Ayu does them! I'm weird :ytongue I agree! They add charm! But I could understand why her voice would be unpleasant or would hurt someone's ears.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld (Post 3244287)
I know what you mean about JEWEL. I think lowering the volume on Ayu's voice during the making of the song would help make certain notes softer.:think

Although her voice is high pitched, I think lowering those certain notes would take away from the song. I don't know why, but I guess I feel that it adds kinda like power to the song? Probably because it's more of a softer quiet song, and those higher notes adds that balance. Hope I explained that right :ytongue

Miduhyo 30th June 2017 09:22 AM

My mother, the closeted Ayu fan if anyone remembers that story, will not let me play Pride in the car because that Sono mae NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII~ part. She says it literally hurts her ears if I have it playing too loud. And, to be honest, I respect her wishes and also kind of agree. I can't really listen to it on my headphones because of that one note--which is strange because it's not like it's too high or off-pitch or something, it just really does physically hurt sometimes. Though, I suppose that could be my own fault, I was basically born with headphones in my ears so maybe I've hurt my own hearing listening to music too often and now certain notes kind of strike a damaged nerve or something. Who knows?