Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [Official Message] FNS Kayousai 2018 (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124358)

pedronekoi 29th November 2018 03:02 PM

I'm a bit disappointed :( It's the end of the Heisei Era and I expected something more special. But still excited to see her on TV.

I wonder if it will be live broadcast because I remember she posted something about a TV shooting on her instagram.

tokyoxjapanxfan 29th November 2018 03:05 PM

Why not cover a different Utada song? That would’ve been a treat. Much like this song was the first time. But now it’s like, the only cover she sings lol.

Teppei-chan 29th November 2018 04:10 PM

Would have been cool If she sings one of her own songs, maybe one of her winter ballads or maybe a chrisgmas song. But let's wait and see how her prrformance will be. I like Movin' on without you but I also whished for anothrr song from her

chocopockymaster 29th November 2018 05:18 PM

The more I think about this the more disappointed I am. A medley of her most well-known winter ballads (no dancers required kthxbai) and a gorgeous ballgown would have been the perfect choice.

Corvina 29th November 2018 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chocopockymaster (Post 3291257)
The more I think about this the more disappointed I am. A medley of her most well-known winter ballads (no dancers required kthxbai) and a gorgeous ballgown would have been the perfect choice.

Especially cause they're doing a big Christmas & Winter medley with different songs and different artists.
If she is not performing with Utada together, I really don't understand it.

Chris85 29th November 2018 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corvina (Post 3291265)
Especially cause they're doing a big Christmas & Winter medley with different songs and different artists.
If she is not performing with Utada together, I really don't understand it.

Maybe since they couldn't get Utada herself (one of the biggest stars of Heisei period), somebody's covering one of her songs is their second best option, and Ayu already has a successful cover of hers.
I really can't come up with a better explanation :-)

Cahz- 29th November 2018 05:54 PM

Maybe she just loves the song, and that's why she has been constantly performing it since it was released. Let's not forget she already performed it on TV on NHK's "SONGS" and the questions were the same (Why this and not one of her own songs).
By the way... to me Movin' on without you is HER song, just like I Will Always Love You is Whitney's even though it's a Dolly Parton cover.

Corvina 29th November 2018 06:02 PM

Well, FNS Kayousai in Winter is a year-end show plus it always has a theme going on (Christmas and Winter this time, not Heisei).
So they usually have a mix of current popular artists and songs and those fitting to the theme.
Which makes it so puzzling.

But yeah, maybe it's just Ayu, who wants to do that, and they let her. Would fit to the impression she's making all year already. Then it is great they let her doing it at least!

relmy 29th November 2018 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cahz- (Post 3291273)
Maybe she just loves the song, and that's why she has been constantly performing it since it was released. Let's not forget she already performed it on TV on NHK's "SONGS" and the questions were the same (Why this and not one of her own songs).
By the way... to me Movin' on without you is HER song, just like I Will Always Love You is Whitney's even though it's a Dolly Parton cover.

How I feel about it too. She clearly doesn't view it as just a cover, with how often she performs it.

Sky High 29th November 2018 06:52 PM

Only one song? Is there possibility to add more songs to list?

alternarist 29th November 2018 08:18 PM

1. I like this song. But it's kinda overused to me. Perhaps the song has its status elevated to a "concert staple".

2. Don't think ayu is going to pull it off well haha.

3. I thought she would chose aeternal or The way I am.

summerain 29th November 2018 10:21 PM

It's her most recent hit. Period.

Katsuyuki012 29th November 2018 10:47 PM

Would've said step by step was.

surrealA 29th November 2018 11:41 PM

Cant wait to see it!
Glad that she decided to do another TV performance (no matter what the song).

njanjayrp 29th November 2018 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chocopockymaster (Post 3291257)

And also something she has done to death xD oh well no way of satisfying everyone - just happy that she is on TV at all.

chocopockymaster 30th November 2018 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njanjayrp (Post 3291290)
And also something she has done to death xD oh well no way of satisfying everyone - just happy that she is on TV at all.

But she hasn't done it in years and it would be refreshing to hear it with her current vocals

Also--not to be petty, but it's her anniversary FFS. And she's gonna remind people of that by singing a cover of a song by another artist? Ugh.

Corvina 30th November 2018 12:57 AM

Yeah, that's pretty much the reaction of the Japanese public as well from what I'm reading.
The two top commentaries on Yahoo News e.g. are pretty much going like "Why is she singing a Utada Hikaru song? She has many great old songs herself. Even though she might not be able to hit the high notes anymore."
They don't understand it.
So it won't help her with the public, which is why I only hope it is what she wants.

SunshineSlayer 30th November 2018 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cahz- (Post 3291273)

Good point becuase I far prefer Ayu's version.

Andrenekoi 30th November 2018 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 (Post 3291288)
Would've said step by step was.

I wouldn't call Step by Step a hit...

Xianghua 30th November 2018 01:40 AM

It would be cool if Utada made a surprise appearance during the song but that is wishful thinking, ha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corvina (Post 3291297)
Yeah, that's pretty much the reaction of the Japanese public as well from what I'm reading.
The two top commentaries on Yahoo News e.g. are pretty much going like "Why is she singing a Utada Hikaru song? She has many great old songs herself. Even though she might not be able to hit the high notes anymore."
They don't understand it.
So it won't help her with the public, which is why I only hope it is what she wants.

My first thought was wondering what the Japanese public think of it. I can already imagine what the twitter haters are going to say...