Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [News] evolution - Theme song for 2012 Japanese Movie "Helter Skelter" (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113594)

ayumisrael 26th April 2012 01:05 AM

evolution - Theme song for 2012 Japanese Movie "Helter Skelter"

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...ion-film-theme ARUTO@JPC

"It was announced on Thursday that "evolution," a 2001 song by Ayumi Hamasaki, will be the main theme song for the live-action film adaptation of Kyoko Okazaki's Helter Skelter psychological manga. This will be the first film to use one of Hamasaki's songs as its theme since the 2009 Dragonball: Evolution live-action film. When asked for comment, Hamasaki stated that she was a fan of the original manga, and is looking forward to seeing the completed film. Hamasaki's "evolution" single was released on January 31, 2001, and reached the number one spot on the Oricon singles sales ranking charts.

Erika Sawajiri (SHINOBI - Heart Under Blade, 1 Liter of Tears drama series) will star in the film, playing the character Ririko, a model who underwent extensive plastic surgery to attain her beauty. The photographer Mika Ninagawa (Sakuran) will direct the film, while Asmik-Ace Entertainment and Shochiku will distribute the adaptation. The film's main cast includes Nao Omori as the prosecutor Makoto Asada, Shinobu Terajima as Ririko's manager Michiko Hata, Gou Ayano, Kiko Mizuhara as Kozue Yoshikawa, Hirofumi Arai, Anne Suzuki, Susumu Terajima, Kaori Momoi as Hiroko Tada, Shou Aikawa, Mieko Harada as Hisako Wachi, and Yosuke Kubozuka as Takao Nanbu.

Okazaki's original Helter Skelter manga won the Manga Grand Prize at the annual Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prizes in 2004. The story centers on Ririko, a model who underwent extensive plastic surgery to attain her beauty. The clinic who performed Ririko's surgeries goes under investigation for questionable business practices, and Ririko's body starts to deteriorate. As the model's prominence in the entertainment industry begins to falter, so does her sanity.

The film will premiere in Japan on July 14."

kinix 26th April 2012 01:10 AM

o.O seriously?... this is like 11 years late lol
Nice to know though. But I doubt it will raise any sales lol

jang-kun 26th April 2012 01:16 AM

lol song released in 2001 used as theme song 11 years later XDDD

oh Ayu

chocopockymaster 26th April 2012 01:16 AM

I'm surprised they didn't have Erika-sama record something for it.

This is so random.

Deep snow 26th April 2012 01:17 AM

Such strange news. I had thought that she re-recorded evolution and they're using the new version as the theme song.

Oh wouldn't that be fantastic? I think I read somewhere that ayu herself is a fan of evolution; I wonder what's keeping her from re-recording the song. It would be awesome to have a 2012 version of evolution with her darker, mature rockish voice.

Now my mind's going.

pheonixflame15 26th April 2012 01:17 AM

Wishful thinking, but maybe she will do a new vocal edit?

Delicious n Bold 26th April 2012 01:18 AM

Sounds like fun
It's nice to see her music featured in big budget movies.

ExodusUK 26th April 2012 01:18 AM

The storyline seems familar..does art copy life or does life copy art? Ayu must have a good sense of humour.

DevilHunter_04 26th April 2012 01:23 AM

Interesting. I am looking forward to the movie and I love the song but they couldn't find anything more current?...

AyuGAME 26th April 2012 01:50 AM

interesting...and it will be a coming back movie of Erika?

maybe she there will be new vocal version of evolution and it will be release as digital single

rakeru 26th April 2012 01:56 AM

Wow, evolution's coming back to the scene! ...and so is Erika.

Bigtop 26th April 2012 01:59 AM

:thud

2001 song used in a 2012 film!? Whoa... I'm not sure (but it could be most likely) if Ayu's going to take part in the premiere festivities...

truehappiness 26th April 2012 02:19 AM

Talk about an interesting development.

freedreamer 26th April 2012 02:50 AM

LOL!!! this is epic. Goes to show how classics will always transcend time

douggn 26th April 2012 03:08 AM

maybe ayu will re-record evolution like a 2012 version

TeamAyu2004 26th April 2012 03:19 AM

pretty cool.
love the song! it needs more love!

polka-dot-jewel 26th April 2012 04:22 AM

lol I remember seeing the trailer for this in Japan last month. The song wasn't in the trailer, but the sound of it... I just can't see it fitting in with what I saw (and what I'm reading) about the film. It's probably one of those things where the lyrics fit in more than the actual sound of the song does.

Andrenekoi 26th April 2012 04:36 AM

If someone is interested:
http://www.mangarush.com/manga/helter-skelter
It displays cursing, nudity, sex and some violence, so, if you are not confortable with this kind of stuff, keep distance :P

The manga can be read here...
It fits Ayu very well IMO^^

FoObY 26th April 2012 04:44 AM

I doubt she'll re-record it. The original version is just fine the way it is.

TITANIC 26th April 2012 04:52 AM

Good for ayu and good choice even though it's very old song.
I wonder if she gonna rerecorded the song or not.