Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ayu at 2018 FNS Uta no Natsu Matsuri July 25th (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124152)

Xianghua 17th July 2018 04:31 AM

Ayu at 2018 FNS Uta no Natsu Matsuri July 25th

From TA mail:
Quote:

◆TV Appearance Info.
On Wednesday, July 25th, ayu will appear on Fuji TV "2018 FNS uta no natsu matsuri".
DON'T MISS IT EVERYONE!!

【Program Title】
"2018 FNS uta no natsu matsuri"
http://www.fujitv.co.jp/FNS/s/

【Date】
Wednesday, July 25th
7:00pm-11:28pm (JST)
So now we have 2 television appearances!

According to FNS website she'll be performing "big summer hits" Blue Bird and Greatful Days, and yes they are acknowledging her 20th anniversary (finally)

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxikot (Post 3279765)
For those of you who missed I recorded the best quality I could. So here, until we get a proper hd rip ;- )

hud 17th July 2018 04:50 AM

nice!

truehappiness 17th July 2018 05:01 AM

Both shows, awesome! I wonder why all Fuji TV, lol.

MUSIC FAIR also acknowledged her anniversary along with a few other artists' during an anniversary special not too long ago.

tokyoxjapanxfan 17th July 2018 05:18 AM

So happy for both those songs!!

And not You & Me lol

*i wonder if this means they won’t be performed on Music Fair? Not that she couldn’t repeat them, but maybe she’ll try to do a varied list of songs?

truehappiness 17th July 2018 05:23 AM

I think MUSIC FAIR is very likely a retrospective type deal. For Yuming's latest (?) appearance which was like a special as well, they just went over some old VTR footage and she did one new song.

freedreamer 17th July 2018 05:30 AM

Can we expect some new next week since she's starting to go into TV again? I hope

truehappiness 17th July 2018 05:32 AM

I think it seems like 'the' time for her to mention the title and release date since I'm sure it will come up during both programs too.

Bigtop 17th July 2018 06:44 AM

I didn't expect this to happen, but it's great to see Ayu back on Japanese national TV once again! Especially when singing!

Aderianu 17th July 2018 07:16 AM

Thanks god that's much sooner than Music fair

Yoake 17th July 2018 08:19 AM

Good news and good songs choice.

Amalgam 17th July 2018 08:48 AM

What a pleasant surprise!
I’m excited to see her on TV ��

EndOfTheWorld 17th July 2018 09:32 AM

I never thought I would say this but I am so excited for Greatful Days.:laugh:heart

Chibi-Chan 17th July 2018 09:53 AM

^me too! It's great to see such a classic back.

KittyKathy 17th July 2018 10:24 AM

I can't wait to see this! :woohoo:

ulfy01 17th July 2018 11:37 AM

Two TV appearances, a new album, a-nation. I'm feeling incredibly spoiled right now. This is amazing. :luv2

Sky High 17th July 2018 01:58 PM

I am so glad that she is coming back :)

roxaskh2fm 17th July 2018 01:59 PM

Finally she's back to TV!

tokyoxjapanxfan 17th July 2018 02:12 PM

The real issue tho, is will she actually wear a flattering outfit. Lol jk but only a little

She’s had rather bad luck in that department recently lol.

Her private outfits are so great, but her stage outfits (particularly for tv) have been doing nothing for her for the past few years. Because she’s so short, it makes cut and fit and colors all the more important.

summerain 17th July 2018 04:05 PM

Really hate Greatful days, but the song works a lot live, so I'm curious.

Teppei-chan 20th July 2018 07:13 PM

It's nice to see her perform Blue Bird and Greatful Days. For me Greatful Days is a good song to listen to on hot summer days, which we have right now here in Germany. So I'm totally in the mood for this song.

Aderianu 24th July 2018 06:50 PM

it's tomorrow!

Xianghua 25th July 2018 04:04 AM

They started tweeting out reminders!
I really hope for a great vocal performance and since ayu's fashion on tv shows became a hot topic, I think I'm mostly interested in that :laugh

primavera♥ 25th July 2018 05:04 AM

I think she looks better without the corset/bustier or whatever style she uses sometimes. We'll see though. She's been looking great in many places but not as much on tv. So I hope for the best in styling.

Bigtop 25th July 2018 06:20 AM

Tonight's the night!

Pretty much a stacked lineup tonight, from Arashi, to Nogizaka46 and AKB48, and everything in between...and of course Ayu!

I'm not sure if Ayu's performance is pre-recorded, since she's also going to be on Music Fair (FNS stands for Fuji Network System, which is associated with Fuji TV, and Music Fair is also a Fuji TV production) for an airing next month.

njanjayrp 25th July 2018 09:27 AM

Anywhere we could stream the show?

Uknow! 25th July 2018 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njanjayrp (Post 3279686)
Anywhere we could stream the show?

here maybe? http://aramajapan.com/news/tvmovie/m...nd-chat/90142/

njanjayrp 25th July 2018 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uknow! (Post 3279689)

Thank you!

Aderianu 25th July 2018 11:05 AM

Ayu will appear after 22:00 (JST)

http://www.fujitv.co.jp/FNS/s/time_table.html

EndOfTheWorld 25th July 2018 11:15 AM

The Moonlight Densetsu performance was cute!:luv2

Mirrorcle Monster 25th July 2018 02:30 PM

She's wearing the iconic denim dress

adrtwb 25th July 2018 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirrorcle Monster (Post 3279745)
She's wearing the iconic denim dress

Just like the performance back in 2002 for HANABI!!! She looks good!

stivenoto 25th July 2018 02:36 PM

Her voice sound so good...
the best TV performance in my opinion...

tokyoxjapanxfan 25th July 2018 02:36 PM

Her voice was realllly good

~angel*ayumi~ 25th July 2018 02:37 PM

Ahhh can't wait to watch it when I come Home *_*

njanjayrp 25th July 2018 02:38 PM

She did well!

Mirrorcle Monster 25th July 2018 02:39 PM

She did REALLY well

CeReSu 25th July 2018 02:39 PM

Really good indeed!!
loved it!!!

//ABEST 25th July 2018 02:40 PM

i only saw ending of Greatful days but she managed to control her voice well imo :yes wasn't really a fan of her look but it took us back to the days when she was IT girl

maxikot 25th July 2018 02:41 PM

She was amazing!

Ruan Borges 25th July 2018 02:41 PM

Wow, her voice was on point today, loved the energy on Greatful Days. She looks stunning <3

280301 25th July 2018 02:42 PM

The performance was great!

Uknow! 25th July 2018 02:42 PM

She looks like 2003 lol

https://twitter.com/aqqL2Dr39haYE3E/...14571467874306

Aokani 25th July 2018 02:42 PM

Yes, she did well :) Especially Greatful days.

Ruan Borges 25th July 2018 02:44 PM

She should keep these urban-inspired outfits for performances for some time.

maxikot 25th July 2018 02:46 PM

For those of you who missed I recorded the best quality I could. So here, until we get a proper hd rip ;- )

Evan Odinson 25th July 2018 02:46 PM

Does someone have a link where I can watch it? :(

EDIT: ^Nevermind, thanks a lot ily :laugh <3

Uknow! 25th July 2018 02:47 PM

Thank you, maxikot!

Aderianu 25th July 2018 02:49 PM

I want that dress

Xianghua 25th July 2018 02:56 PM

Quote:

Thanks! I'll add this to the first post.

Evan Odinson 25th July 2018 02:57 PM

Such a good performance! she looked and sounded great, the performance wasn't about the dancers and totally gave those summer vibes, I'm happy :yes

ayumint 25th July 2018 02:59 PM

Hahaha That hearted stickers on Timmy nipples killed Ayu and all artists today

~angel*ayumi~ 25th July 2018 02:59 PM

2002/2003 Ayu is back and awesome!

KittyKathy 25th July 2018 03:08 PM

Her voice was great, but this dress doesn't really fit her.

kaled kalil 25th July 2018 03:12 PM

The performance was pretty good! I dont know why have the background singers pretending that they are singing with her, since it's clearly the studio version with herself as the backvocals... haha

She looked lovely and sounded better than most of the times, a lot better than her You & Me + Greatful Days a couple of years ago.

Btw I have to say that I really hate fake clap noises. It's not her fault at all but argh.

Faiza 25th July 2018 03:13 PM

Good performance but why is timmy dressed in a nappy?

Chibi-Chan 25th July 2018 03:15 PM

Wow, that really was a great performance, which felt as if it was from 15 years ago. I really liked it! Great outfit and good vocals. She should do this more casual style more often.

ayumint 25th July 2018 03:19 PM

Her movement looks quiet uncomfortable with that dress
voice is great indeed!

oaristos 25th July 2018 03:20 PM

That performance was great! Her voice was so good and I like the denim dress, very early 2000s. :yes

Katsuyuki012 25th July 2018 03:23 PM

Loved her performance! Great vocals and the look was like a throwback to the early 2000's Ayu.

Xianghua 25th July 2018 03:32 PM

I've been looking at Twitter to see the response of her vocals. But of course, instead I see the haters making comments about her body and quite a few saying she looks like a pro wrestler :rolleyes

voltron 25th July 2018 03:35 PM

Vocally those were probably both better than the actual lives she did when she was promoting the songs as new.

I loved the throw-back vibe of the dress, especially for such an unexpected outfit (vs. something more floral, etc.). However, it didn't fit quite perfectly and may have inhibited her movement a bit. In terms of styling, I think my only "complaint" is that it seemed liked she was being swallowed up by her hair, and that it didn't look well-styled. I loved the length, color, etc. - it just felt like it was clinging to her and burying her.

Andrenekoi 25th July 2018 03:37 PM

I think what kept her from moving around was her heels.

indigochild 25th July 2018 03:40 PM

This performance really did feel like we were back in the early 2000s lol I really enjoyed it!

Teppei-chan 25th July 2018 03:41 PM

She sung both songs very well. I just don't think that the oitfitswas the best Option. The dress is not bad but I liked it more on hrr the first time she wore it. This time something bothered me with IT but Í can't day what it id, maybe the shoes

Refix 25th July 2018 03:42 PM

Pro wrestler LMAO!!!
Princess Yoko looks great.

AyuGAME 25th July 2018 03:44 PM

She did so well!!! AMAZING JOB! Love the performance

yamadashun 25th July 2018 03:44 PM

She really sang well! For 1 sec I thought it's pre-recorded. But her lack of big movement made her look uneasy or something. Maybe this is the reason she had a better vocal?

Corvina 25th July 2018 03:45 PM

The performance was nice, but I have to agree with her outfit.
I love the dress and the heels and appreciate she was wearing them, but it didn't fit quite well and she looked kinda short and puffy.
And well, too much dancers/people on stage.

voltron 25th July 2018 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teppei-chan (Post 3279787)
She sung both songs very well. I just don't think that the oitfitswas the best Option. The dress is not bad but I liked it more on hrr the first time she wore it. This time something bothered me with IT but Í can't day what it id, maybe the shoes

I think this dress went through a few alterations over the course of her using in performances when promoting the }{ single. Sometimes it looked more glittery, and it maybe started as a full-length dress that later was cut into a train? I don't quite remember. But I think the part that maybe looks off right now is how cinched it is at the waist - it was fitted before, but had a more relaxed fit.

Chris85 25th July 2018 03:50 PM

OMG Timmy, what are you wearing again? :-)
Ayu was pitch-perfect for 2 songs in a row, which is impossible for her real raw lives.
I hope she continues this approach since it's enjoyable to listen to.

freedreamer 25th July 2018 03:51 PM

LOVE the throwback to Jeanist days and she sounded almost perfect omg! Amazing job Ayu!!! but her face does look a lil swollen hahah

Refix 25th July 2018 03:52 PM

Wonder what Ayu gonna explain to netizen for her look...
I remember she wore this dress while sing H and Heartplace, at that time it was good, no movement needed although she walked around studio when she sing Heartplace. But it still good. While for this setlist... she was like singing on the edge of a cliff... She could choose a more fun and loose and flow. This dress looks heavy for the setlist

voltron 25th July 2018 04:12 PM

^ I think this is the heartplace outfit you were thinking of...I would've DIED if she wore this, as it is one of my favorite stage outfits she's ever worn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFFENr4vf4w

And I hope she doesn't explain or apologize for her look. Her face was a bit puffy as per usual (I think she gets filler before TV lives, and doesn't let them settle in properly before filming) - but nothing about her look was bad or needing explanation.

~angel*ayumi~ 25th July 2018 04:16 PM

It could also be some medications, cortison for example makes the face look puffy too. Maybe her knee is bad again after the 2 concerts on weekend

hud 25th July 2018 04:18 PM

thanks Maxikot for the recording!

she looked perfect I don't know what are y'all on this time. really appreciate this performance!

primavera♥ 25th July 2018 04:19 PM

I appreciate that she is giving a throwback to her early days. It seems she was pretty thoughtful in presenting herself in this performance in terms of styling but also her vocal performance.

I actually have never been a fan of that style of clothes from that era in her career and the similar trends that went on the time. But I feel that many fans do and I hope it's taken well outside of the haters.

Her vocals! I'm really impressed. I feel like she hasn't been this vocally sound on tv in over a decade but honestly I get to a point where I can't recall. It really shows her vocal potential. Whatever she did in preparation for this needs to continue.

rainbow_smile 25th July 2018 04:20 PM

It's not just her face, her body looked puffy too. Maybe she takes more medications before TV lives to make sure she doesn't feel that much pain while on TV? She seems to be more nervous on TV lives than at concerts. I don't really mind her looking puffy though.

She sounded great. I enjoyed the performance so much

KittyKathy 25th July 2018 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voltron (Post 3279804)
^ I think this is the heartplace outfit you were thinking of...I would've DIED if she wore this, as it is one of my favorite stage outfits she's ever worn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFFENr4vf4w

Mine too! :luv2

jiarongisme 25th July 2018 04:23 PM

Other than the 58 dancers on stage, I think this performance is her best in a while.

JinHamasaki 25th July 2018 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xianghua (Post 3279783)
I've been looking at Twitter to see the response of her vocals. But of course, instead I see the haters making comments about her body and quite a few saying she looks like a pro wrestler :rolleyes

They should be careful with what they say! Ayu taking up kickboxing will beat them down! Ayu is almost 40, her body is great for her age!

Great performance! Get rid of Timmy's distracting outfits please!

Yoake 25th July 2018 05:00 PM

Quote:

Thank you!
She is perfect. She delivered a really good performance and people focused on her weight again? Damn, it's hard to be a woman.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaled kalil (Post 3279775)
The performance was pretty good! I dont know why have the background singers pretending that they are singing with her, since it's clearly the studio version with herself as the backvocals... haha

Actually you hear them pretty well in BLUE BIRD.

mizuki-7 25th July 2018 05:18 PM

What a throwback !!! If I didn’t know I would definitely think that’s a pic of 2002 ! She is damn cute ... people are so hard on her ... obviously she has gained more muscles since some times but she looked good I can’t be believe that people call her fat ...

Btw she was on point vocally just like before I’m really satisfied.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Di9GhHkX...jpg&name=large

Machiko 25th July 2018 05:22 PM

I saw bits and pieces of it on an instagram account that posts random Ayu performances and it took me a while to realize it was new! Even her clothes scream 2000s in a good, nostalgic way!!!

Edit/ People talking about her weight again? :shakehead :rolleyes

love in music 25th July 2018 05:32 PM

I remember she wore this dress sometime back in the early 2000s although I can't pinpoint exactly where, I think it may have been a live or photo shoot or both. Anyway, she looked great and did amazing! I feel like I was transported back to 2003, even her vocals sounded about as great as they did back then! Awesome job ayu :D

I really just don't understand the point of Timmy's outfit though. I get it if he wants to express himself through his clothes or lack of clothes.. that's all fine and good but what in the world does that outfit have to do with any of the songs performed? Absolutely nothing.. Also, if you're in the background of a performance I don't believe you should be wearing something that could distract from the main act, and that's what he was doing.
I'm not really mad or anything though, the performances were still amazing and I'll still rewatch them. It has been a while since I wanted to rewatch ayu performances!

Andrenekoi 25th July 2018 05:34 PM

^Timmy doesn't decide what he wears on stage... No one in the troupe does.

love in music 25th July 2018 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrenekoi (Post 3279832)
^Timmy doesn't decide what he wears on stage... No one in the troupe does.

Oh okay. I figured he did because it doesn't really make sense for any stylist to pick that outfit for him for this performance.

Andrenekoi 25th July 2018 05:50 PM

^Ayu probably is the one deciding what everyone wears on stage.

summerain 25th July 2018 06:01 PM

I don't want to sound too activist, but... I found funny people feeling uncomfortable about Timmy's qu-ee-rness* in a performance that we barely can see him, unless you really pay attention to the background.

Speaking for myself, I had some issues with Ayu's over-the-top q-u-ee-r* performances (like the carnival section of Tour of Secret or Bold & Delicious at AT06) back then and seeing these performances nowadays I understand my discomfort with that was related to looks and "qu-ee-rness*" of everything. Now I'm in good terms with that (and with myself).

*I didn't know these words are offensive in English, I see a lot of people talking about qu-ee-r culture and qu-ee-r studies at academy. Sorry if it's offensive.

Ahi_max91 25th July 2018 06:10 PM

so happy can see ayu again :D

thinkingoutloud89 25th July 2018 06:24 PM

hmm glad everyone likes it, I do not. She ruins every song for me with her TV-lives. But its okay I guess.

Mirrorcle Monster 25th July 2018 06:36 PM

I hope the last things she is thinking about is apologizing for her clothes (which were good) or her weight (which is good, and even if it wasn't wtf), she has paid her dues already so many times

SunshineSlayer 25th July 2018 07:05 PM

Mixed feelings about it.

The good: She sounded all right. Not great, but pretty good for her. Maybe my expectations were too high after people were commenting that she sounded like her 02/03 lives again (she does not). I like the throwback clothes. I liked that she was the focus of the performance.

The not so good: The clothes, again, made her look heavy. She did look bloated, which I just don't get because she looks totally normal in all the private photos and videos we see. Whatever she is doing before TV lives, she should stop.

ayumi_croatia 25th July 2018 07:09 PM

Maybe it's period bloat

You can't really avoid that, and of course, they won't show in private photos & videos lol

KittyKathy 25th July 2018 07:46 PM

^^I 100% agree.

Minttulatte 25th July 2018 07:50 PM

Her vocals weren't that great in my opinion but she has sounded worse. Her outfit is love for me, I adore the 2002 Ayu so much haha. :D

xLuna&1LOVE 25th July 2018 07:51 PM

I think she did well. She sounds better than like.. last year, when she performed ourselves on a TV-show. I think she looked nice as well, not heavy or really bloated. The dress is nice. I think it is an overall good performance. Well done, Ayu!

RealLight 25th July 2018 08:02 PM

I'm loving the 2002 throwback, her hair was on point and the outfit was cute. Vocals sounded good actually, I thought she would sound way worse. Thank god the dancer were no distraction this time.

And whoever think looking like a pro-wrestler is bad, y'all can shove it up your ass, pro-wrestlers can as beautiful as any woman, no matter what their body type. :cool

Sky High 25th July 2018 08:06 PM

That was great performance :)

Machiko 25th July 2018 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drdolce (Post 3279865)
Her vocals weren't that great in my opinion but she has sounded worse. Her outfit is love for me, I adore the 2002 Ayu so much haha. :D

How they weren't that great? She pretty much sounded like she was just lip syncing, pretty much perfect vocals here :shakehead

kaled kalil 25th July 2018 08:26 PM

Perfect vocals is a bit of a stretch, but they weren't bad neither.