Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   [on hold][contest] AHS Design Challenge X: 15 years - Ayu's evolution (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117597)

AHS Staff 1st April 2013 02:48 AM

[on hold][contest] AHS Design Challenge X: 15 years - Ayu's evolution

AHS Design Challenge X: 15 years - Ayu's evolution

Carefully read the entire announcement before entering.

Description
  1. The objective of this challenge is to a create an Ayumi Hamasaki illustration or artwork with the theme "15 years: Ayu's evolution". You can do anything you want as long as your entry includes Ayumi Hamasaki in some way and expresses the contest theme. Any medium or technique is okay (e.g. photoshop, painting, drawing, etc). Be creative, original, and have fun!

Submissions
  1. The size limit for the picture file is no more than 500 KB.
  2. DO NOT use artwork created/edited by someone else to make your entry.
  3. All entries must conform to the AHS forum rules. Entries containing offensive content will not be accepted.
  4. To enter upload your picture file to a hosting site and PM (private message) the link to AHS Staff. Do not send your entry to any other staff email or PM address. If you do not know how to use free hosting sites please ask for help.
  5. Entries must be as anonymous as possible. DO NOT put your name on your entry or use any other symbols and writing that would identify the entry as yours.
  6. DO NOT display your entry on any sites or forums until after the contest is over.
  7. The deadline for submissions is 5:00 PM EST 18 May 2013.
  8. Entries must be static (no animated gifs).

Judging
  1. The entries will be judged by the AHS initiates in a poll.
  2. Each AHS member is allowed to place one vote only.
  3. The voting will begin on or about 18 May 2013.

Prize
  1. The winner will receive their choice of any Ayumi Hamasaki CD single in stock at Yesasia.

Disclaimers and Rules
  1. Only one submission per person will be accepted.
  2. DO NOT use artwork created/edited by someone else to make your entry.
  3. The voting should be based on the merits of the entry only, and not on the person who made it. Entrants should NOT identify their work until after the voting thread is closed. If you try to influence another person's vote by disclosing the identity of any entry you will be ineligible to vote in this contest and if the rulebreaker is a participant their entry will be disqualified.
  4. The winner will have to provide us with a valid shipping address when it is time to send the prize.
  5. The prize shall not be exchangeable for money/cash.
  6. The deadline for submissions is 5:00 PM EST 18 May 2013.
  7. We regret that any late entries will not be accepted.
  8. DO NOT CHEAT. The AHS staff will nullify any vote or entry that we consider suspicious for any reason.
  9. AHS staff may enter but they are not eligible to win the prize.
  10. AHS's decision shall be final and appeals shall not be entertained.

AyuGAME 1st April 2013 11:10 AM

Interesting

Good luck everyone

BlackSilence 1st April 2013 12:25 PM

waaaah~ I MUST TRY IT THIS TIME, I MUST. i always miss these good things. but darn there are so many people on here good in graphics and drawing that i don't know if i should bother lol

Surreal17 1st April 2013 12:25 PM

Very excited for this contest!!

Heavenly 1st April 2013 02:23 PM

I would like to enter as well, but I don't know what to do.
In fact i don't know how to make something innovative about this theme, and i'm afraid i'm gonna make something "expected"...

owlflight 1st April 2013 06:48 PM

Ooh this sounds like a cool contest! Will try to think of some ideas!

sesshy 2nd April 2013 08:21 AM

Would love to join but my computer is half dead. lol Good luck to those who will join!

kimmeh 2nd April 2013 04:05 PM

Ahhh >.< No time for this

500kb? Thats not much :(

ImpactBreaker 3rd April 2013 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimmeh (Post 2989325)
Ahhh >.< No time for this

500kb? Thats not much :(

You can transform images that have a lot of space into other image with compression formats (JPEG, for example) that really take much less space without much loss of quality. Just make sure you compress the file right after you've finished the entire picture in order to have the least loss of overall quality. This way you can make large complex pictures without really much space. I don't think people will be looking whether the banners picture quality is so excellent that you can actually distinguish every ayu pore if you zoom in a lot in the picture, so the space restriction shouldn't really be much of a problem imo.

kimmeh 4th April 2013 10:26 AM

I know you compress JPGS, but it was more that 500kb is little if you want to make an entire collage or maybe wallpaper. Banners don't take much, but I'd guy want to make 1000x1000px stuff, 500kb is too little.

Αyumi 4th April 2013 06:24 PM

Awesome, can't wait to see all the entries. Gonna be super interesting~

yizhihenanjing 17th April 2013 04:36 PM

so excited to see the works ^^!! Good luck everyone :*. Thanks alll contestants ^^

BlackSilence 27th April 2013 03:17 PM

i really really wanted to participate in this, but of course my head gives me ideas for alan and Namie now instead of Ayu... man i hate this... lol i guess i'm skipping again...:(

musume-1830m 27th April 2013 06:39 PM

Looks interesting!
I must try it!

xLuna&1LOVE 5th May 2013 02:32 PM

Unfortunately I missed the deadline due my own project which I had to finish for the third semester. I am done now, but still love to enter this competition. AHS-staff, is there a possibilty to delay the deadline (I still do not see any entries, even though this is the first day after the 4th of May) so there are still some members who can work on their pieces?

AHS Staff 6th May 2013 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xLuna&1LOVE (Post 2998125)
Unfortunately I missed the deadline due my own project which I had to finish for the third semester. I am done now, but still love to enter this competition. AHS-staff, is there a possibilty to delay the deadline (I still do not see any entries, even though this is the first day after the 4th of May) so there are still some members who can work on their pieces?

Okay, let's extend the deadline to 18 May 2013.

musume-1830m 6th May 2013 04:59 PM

Thanks for a second chance. I'm so busy with my school so I don't have any time for deadline. Thank you!

MiiSan 19th May 2013 10:26 PM

Can't wait to see the entries :D

Unfortunately, I was so busy with the uni that I even forgot there was a contest so I guess next time I might participate.

Good luck to all the contesters :)

marty 22nd May 2013 11:46 AM

I was looking forward to this, isn't it going to start? Hope it starts soon.

yabieru 26th May 2013 05:06 PM

Yeah, me too. Deadline was May 18th and it's 26th already. Hope it starts soon :)