Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   WOWOW to broadcast ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ on September 23 (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124159)

truehappiness 21st July 2018 08:10 AM

WOWOW to broadcast ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ on September 23

The news about the broadcast pretty much just went up on Twitter. A little interesting they're waiting about 2 months.

They will be broadcasting the July 22nd, 2018 Osaka-jo Hall concert on September 23rd, 2018 (Sunday) at 8PM on WOWOW Live.

http://www.wowow.co.jp/release/00473..._twho_inf_0183

BabyJane 21st July 2018 08:24 AM

According to TA Mail they will also be airing footage of TA Limited TOur 2016 on Spe 21st

In addition, WOWOW will also be airing footage from the “TA LIMITED TOUR 2016” Zeep DiverCity (TOKYO) stage from back in 2016!!

【Broadcast Channel】WOWOW LIVE
【Broadcast Date】September 21, 2018 (Fri) 11:00PM〜

truehappiness 21st July 2018 08:25 AM

Yeah, I wanted to make a separate thread for it due to it not fitting, lol. Also they seem to brush the TA thing to the side.

~angel*ayumi~ 21st July 2018 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 3278465)
Yeah, I wanted to make a separate thread for it due to it not fitting, lol. Also they seem to brush the TA thing to the side.

2003 TA Tour was also broadcasted on TV.

Uknow! 21st July 2018 09:29 AM

I'm glad but really, I need the DVD of every concert since 2016...

truehappiness 21st July 2018 09:31 AM

Hopefully alongside the album they start releasing things.

EndOfTheWorld 21st July 2018 09:37 AM

Looks like things are really starting to kick back into gear again. Suddenly we have demos, TV appearances, multiple TV broadcasts, a-nation, mysterious advertising posters popping up.
I hope she keeps up the momentum she is gaining.:heart

freedreamer 21st July 2018 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld (Post 3278494)
Looks like things are really starting to kick back into gear again. Suddenly we have demos, TV appearances, multiple TV broadcasts, a-nation, mysterious advertising posters popping up.
I hope she keeps up the momentum she is gaining.:heart

Next up we need MAGAZINE COVERS and CM Tie-Ins!

njanjayrp 21st July 2018 11:06 AM

I guess this pretty much means the T-Shirts were just an error...

ulfy01 21st July 2018 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uknow! (Post 3278487)
I'm glad but really, I need the DVD of every concert since 2016...

I agree! I'm REALLY happy this is happening, but please give us DVD/Blu-ray releases for at least JTB20. I saw the gigantic artillery-size 4K cameras at the concert in Osaka last year. I saw the guy going through the aisles before the show with his camera filming the crowd (documentary stuff?). Everything I saw pointed to high quality/blu-ray footage being recorded.

I'm losing hope. :(

Aderianu 21st July 2018 08:29 PM

Good news!
Too pity 3rd Chapter still abandoned

Sim' 21st July 2018 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njanjayrp (Post 3278505)
I guess this pretty much means the T-Shirts were just an error...

Yep, seems so... unfortunately! I'll be in Tokyo next april, so fingers crossed we'll be having a concert/tour by then...

Uknow! 18th August 2018 02:01 PM

Forgiveness preview

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmnuDUOB...by=rongvsayumi

surrealA 14th September 2018 02:49 PM

cant wait for the broadcast! 1 more week to TA limited 2016

maxikot 14th September 2018 03:52 PM

^ I need both concerts so badly!

takashi526 18th September 2018 11:47 AM

https://youtu.be/v7IOhrSOSJw?t=2s

YakuSoku 18th September 2018 01:00 PM

Tanoshimi!!!!

Aderianu 18th September 2018 01:05 PM

^thanks!

can't wait

EndOfTheWorld 18th September 2018 01:48 PM

Looks promising.:thumbsup

hud 19th September 2018 04:01 AM

her vocals are amazing wtf

Lonely_Marionette 19th September 2018 04:30 AM

Thanks for the preview. I can't wait to watch this. It looks amazing!

Aderianu 19th September 2018 02:33 PM

http://i.imgur.com/svMiBaMl.jpg

Katsuyuki012 19th September 2018 02:42 PM

Looks great.. I love the screen with the frame screen.. concert looks quite 'cozy'♡

Aderianu 21st September 2018 08:46 AM

Setlist from upcoming broadcast:
Forgiveness
evolution
A Song for xx
Mad World
ever free
Cather In The Light
SEASONS
TO BE
how beautiful you are
BRILLANTE
Bold & Delicious
Born To Be…
NEXT LEVEL
other

summerain 21st September 2018 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aderianu (Post 3287111)
Setlist from upcoming broadcast:
Forgiveness
evolution
A Song for xx
Mad World
ever free
Cather In The Light
SEASONS
TO BE
how beautiful you are
BRILLANTE
Bold & Delicious
Born To Be…
NEXT LEVEL
other

Maybe the will show only The way I am and A song is born from the encore.

attractive nausea 22nd September 2018 07:50 AM

^ No, SURREAL was shown in the video teaser.

summerain 23rd September 2018 03:18 PM

It's up at JPS.

Uknow! 23rd September 2018 03:42 PM

I will try to be faster but my internet today isn't in ayu-mood lol

Uknow! 23rd September 2018 05:32 PM

http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showth...16#post3287316

summerain 23rd September 2018 07:30 PM

What an ASTONISHING performance of how beautiful you are. The arrangement is sublime (and I loved the entire screening of hbya PV).

SunshineSlayer 23rd September 2018 11:30 PM

So I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but so far it's excellent. I really wasn't expecting much because so many people that went complained about it.

It also looks like nothing was cut from the broadcast?

Andrenekoi 23rd September 2018 11:33 PM

I really liked it A LOT until BRILLANTE and it felt a lot like a narrative about fighting darkness with music.

After BRILLANTE it becomes a giant encore with prettier outfits. Not bad, but probably more entertaining in person.

Also, for those who like to complain about the dancers, aside from evolution she is alone on the stage for the whole 2 first sections.

Xianghua 24th September 2018 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by summerain (Post 3287322)
What an ASTONISHING performance of how beautiful you are. The arrangement is sublime (and I loved the entire screening of hbya PV).

right? I cried during it :x

summerain 24th September 2018 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer (Post 3287332)
So I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but so far it's excellent. I really wasn't expecting much because so many people that went complained about it.

It also looks like nothing was cut from the broadcast?

Just miccie singing Diary was cut

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xianghua (Post 3287336)
right? I cried during it :x

Me too! I shed some tears because I felt it was so intense. The choir is really powerful here.

hud 24th September 2018 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by summerain (Post 3287337)
Just miccie singing Diary was cut.

thank god

Katsuyuki012 24th September 2018 04:05 AM

BRILLANTE is awesome :heart for some reason I remembered someone saying it's evoLLANTE so I was a bit confused at first. I really love the performance though. Of course Timmy's look is more polished now too thenn it was in 2011. It bothered me so much, though with ayu's dress at the end :'D

also... ever free... :heart astonishing vocals, tbh. I always wanted her to sing it but I couldn't have imagined how she'd sing it these days. Although this might be one of the cases where I prefer her old voice (not sure about that yet) she sung it really well, imo. Very dramatic too but for me, it fit. I can see people not like that though.
Just something about that dress is bothersome to me. It seems like it's supposed to "fly" lightly but somehow it doesn't? So during some movements, the dress kind of gets in the "visual way" and takes away some of moves' elegance for me. Not a big deal, though.

njanjayrp 24th September 2018 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by summerain (Post 3287337)
Just miccie singing Diary was cut

Me too! I shed some tears because I felt it was so intense. The choir is really powerful here.

Actually he sang together with the Korean girl and during the first two dates you could barely hear him. Glad it was cut.

SKYia 24th September 2018 08:17 AM

I'm sad she changed outfits and hair for the final for HBYA :( on July 21st she looked just like in the PV and when she started singing and the video was shown behind her at first I thought they are showing her live. I really wanted to see it that way again :((((

~angel*ayumi~ 24th September 2018 08:32 AM

I am sad it was cut, I like that song very much.
I only zapped through it yet to refresh some memories.

Ad Eternam 24th September 2018 09:04 AM

I think we won’t wait long until the blu-Ray and DVD release. This TV version was clearly an edited cut from the final version for the commercial release. It’s the best TV version cut I’ve ever seen

attractive nausea 24th September 2018 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYia (Post 3287359)
I'm sad she changed outfits and hair for the final for HBYA :( on July 21st she looked just like in the PV and when she started singing and the video was shown behind her at first I thought they are showing her live. I really wanted to see it that way again :((((

My thoughts exactly! She looked stunning on the 21st, I was really amazed by her beauty and it fitted the hbya performance so well.

the3ye 24th September 2018 01:16 PM

I didn't expect to see my face so often :yeek
So much memories and feelings :o Give my that bluray asap!

kelvinkhew 24th September 2018 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by attractive nausea (Post 3287368)
My thoughts exactly! She looked stunning on the 21st, I was really amazed by her beauty and it fitted the hbya performance so well.

Agreed. I was on 21st show~ I realized 21st her hair was totally different from 22nd for forgiveness and evolution

mizuki-7 24th September 2018 05:05 PM

I love the Mad world performance it was so raw ! Great overall and strong vocal throughout the whole concert.

PinkShinigami 25th September 2018 11:37 AM

So I just watched it, and I'm sorry, this was maybe one of her most boring concerts yet. Her vocals were flawless and it was all really great, but I just didn't feel it. The whole orchestral theme didn't do anything for me either.

There were a few good things though.

A Song is Born was way better than I could've expected, she did that really well. Nothing special, but she nailed the vocals. I was even very positive with Timmy in Brillante, his performance was amazing and it really added a lot to the whole thing.

And when they went back to forgiveness at the end, I was close to being in tears, it was so beautiful and such a great end to the show. And that was quite the accomplishment, since I think that song in general is one of the most boring she's ever made:laugh But she added much more power to it in this show, than the original track has.

But basically everything in between was just 'meh'. As we know that she'll be downsizing, I hope her next tour will be more in the spirit of Chapter 3, that was absolutely amazing.

Edit: Oh, and also, ever free <3 <3 <3

ayuinh.k? 25th September 2018 03:00 PM

Don't know if it's me, but I couldn't hear much of a big difference with the string orchestra in some of the songs (ex. B&D, B&G) Unless they fix it in the DVD/Blu-ray and turn up the sound from the orchestra. I think the orchestra played a bigger role in PoM 2011?

kalikagai 25th September 2018 09:13 PM

Just finished watching. And finally I can take a breath, cause this left me totally BREATHLESS-SPEECHLESS - I watched it in one go.

I love just everything - flawless vocals (!!!), astonishing orchestral rearrangements, beautiful visuals, refreshing setlist. This tour turned out to be not about props, discomegadrive and pop-show entertainment, and I find it ultimately inspiring. What an unexpectedly charming, elegant and gorgeous celebration of 20 years...

And after 20 years of music creation and ultra-heavy performing (ayu's fans are the most spoiled fans in the world, no doubt) she still SLAYS. Ayu NAILED it.

It might seem stupid and childish for a 30 y.o. man (it definitely is), but during these moments I'm sooo proud to be her fan!

P.S. I need blu-r, I need flac of the live, cause every single song shall be downloaded on my music player NOW!

mi|kshake 25th September 2018 09:37 PM

Loving reading all the reviews! I hope we get a Blu-Ray release. I'd actually love a boxset of TA Tour 2016, JTB Parts 1-3 and POM 2018, thanks!

AJFmzk 26th September 2018 01:25 AM

Ah...too bad they cut diary. I liked the new arrangement w miccie and yongae. Was curtain call cut from the wowow also or did Ayu not sing it on that day?

EndOfTheWorld 26th September 2018 02:10 AM

Hearing all these reviews makes me want to watch it asap.:yes

ayuinh.k? 26th September 2018 02:38 AM

ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ (WOWOW Ver.)
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av323...50708690749136

~angel*ayumi~ 26th September 2018 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJFmzk (Post 3287495)
Ah...too bad they cut diary. I liked the new arrangement w miccie and yongae. Was curtain call cut from the wowow also or did Ayu not sing it on that day?

curtain call was replaced with The way I am on the last day.

the3ye 26th September 2018 09:26 AM

Something bugged me about Mad World footage though. In one shot she had different hair, more flat and ironed. I also laughed hard one time. Catcher In The Light was supposed to end with frog guy doing his swing trick but he slipped on a mattress. They cut that part :D
I hope TROUBLE reveal will be back in full release too — it was intense.

AJFmzk 26th September 2018 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~angel*ayumi~ (Post 3287508)
curtain call was replaced with The way I am on the last day.

Thanks for clarifying. It's a shame they cut diary though, it was nice with both miccie and yongae

Quote:

Originally Posted by the3ye (Post 3287516)
Something bugged me about Mad World footage though. In one shot she had different hair, more flat and ironed. I also laughed hard one time. Catcher In The Light was supposed to end with frog guy doing his swing trick but he slipped on a mattress. They cut that part :D

Wow that does sound pretty intense...I feel like (Suke3?) pulled it off when I was there (different day) but I honestly don't remember now haha. TBH I actually like when they include the screw ups and mistakes from the actual show they record, it makes performers more human and less perfect in my opinion. Iirc they used different footage for CDL 15-16, at one point her dress was stuck in the stage but they erased it from the bluray

alternarist 28th September 2018 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the3ye (Post 3287516)

The hair issue in Mad World bugged me too. I was like whuuut?!

and yes, the frogman did not have a perfect landing on 22 July. I witnessed it.

AyuWorld 30th September 2018 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalikagai (Post 3287485)
Just finished watching. And finally I can take a breath, cause this left me totally BREATHLESS-SPEECHLESS - I watched it in one go.

I love just everything - flawless vocals (!!!), astonishing orchestral rearrangements, beautiful visuals, refreshing setlist. This tour turned out to be not about props, discomegadrive and pop-show entertainment, and I find it ultimately inspiring. What an unexpectedly charming, elegant and gorgeous celebration of 20 years...

And after 20 years of music creation and ultra-heavy performing (ayu's fans are the most spoiled fans in the world, no doubt) she still SLAYS. Ayu NAILED it.

It might seem stupid and childish for a 30 y.o. man (it definitely is), but during these moments I'm sooo proud to be her fan!

P.S. I need blu-r, I need flac of the live, cause every single song shall be downloaded on my music player NOW!

you speak my mind!!! I lost my words really!

and for me this show really speaks THAT Power of Music, yea maybe she didnt have like the full orchestra members there, but all the time we only get Ayu, Ayu and music, I loooove all the arrangements!

omg cant get enough that Mad World/ Ever Free performance!! during Mad World where runs towards Yo chan ( I love the angle of the back cam here) then she changed a bit the key for "kono jidai wo dou ikiru" gosh that jrock side of herrr,

Ever Free arrangement especially towards the end!!! the lighting job works really well here <333333

Brillante, I feel like screaming "wakanda foreverrr" loool but really she looked gorgeous and loved the feel, better than PoM 2011

Season <3333 HBYA <333 the dress and the tiara, also I would love to see her in that dress of HBYA PV too!

Next Level new arrangement, love it, fun , brilliant, she danced a bit during the chorus

then Surreal full version!! Love it after so long didnt hear this song in full version live.

so yeah bluray asap pleaseee

ps: still cant move with real me at TA Tour 2016, and now she slayyeeddd with PoM 2018 lol

holy_arrow 30th September 2018 07:46 AM

I really enjoy this show more than TA TOUR 2016, it is one of her best concerts ever. Although the outfits are reused and the performances are not so attractive as she did in the past, I can feel her whole emotion and the concert is like the review of your career. She is the singer in this show, not the performers anymore.

evolution, Mad World, TO BE, hbya, NEXT LEVEL.... all of the songs make me say "Happy your 20th anniversary, ayu" unreasonably. It's true

jiarongisme 30th September 2018 12:01 PM

I'm watching it now. Wow, really impressed by the show and (edited?) vocals so far!!

No dancers in the ASfxx - ever free section? YAS. I also loved the part where Ayu and Yochan were on the treadmill thingy during ASfxx. I feel like it's sort of an homage to DT01.

-EDIT-

After watching it in full, I have to say this is probably one of my favourite Ayu concerts ever. Sure we don't have the signature Ayu theatrics which may be a good thing because it's been... too much in recent times. In a concert like this, we really just need Ayu's amazing stage presence and great vocals which were both there. I really loved ever free's and NEXT LEVEL's new arrangement - really breathed new life into these songs. I want to own it physically now!

Diego-kun 30th September 2018 12:40 PM

I've just finished watching the concert and I'm speechless. It was an amazing show, the setlist was great and her vocals (edited or not) were soooo good. Simple and touching performances of classic songs with powerful lyrics.

That's the type of tours I definitely wanna see in the future.

TheRainbow 2nd October 2018 12:53 AM

It was really good. :luv2

SKYia 17th April 2022 10:36 AM

I'm going through my mp3 rips of concerts, making the ones I don't have and I noticed I only have WOWOW version of this one. 20th anniversary and she didn't release it, anyone knows why? Maybe any rumors or something that was being said back then about release plans were cancelled?

Toniayu123 17th April 2022 11:55 AM

^it seems she wasn’t fully satisfied with the concert. Weird enough, she was satisfied with all of the ones that came after this one, which for me are far worse. This is the last concert that felt true Ayu for me, and I still hope she will release it someday as a bonus of some kind.

SKYia 17th April 2022 08:08 PM

I was there live in Osaka, the day before final and it didn't feel as amazing live as other tour concerts I've attended (RnRC, JTB3, CdeM) but after seeing it again on TV I fell in love with it (only regretting that she changed the outfit for HBYA, and she replaced Curtain Call for sth else... The way I am? Which I also love) but seeing it up close made me fell in love with it. Not to mention Ever free which was a blast. At least we have a good quality tv version but still...

holy_arrow 19th April 2022 01:21 AM

I used to have some songs of this concert subtitled and uploaded on my Facebook Fanpage.
After 1 month, the videos were taken down due to the intellectual property violation from the Japanese party (not avex). I believe this show was purchased exclusively and that's why she can't release the BD/ DVD version

Aderianu 19th April 2022 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holy_arrow (Post 3349575)
I believe this show was purchased exclusively and that's why she can't release the BD/ DVD version

I don't think that's the deal, avex will never go on this

alternarist 19th April 2022 02:32 PM

it was a very simple and sincere concert to me. it was good enough for me even though i wished it was longer and, yes, released into some DVD/Bluray.

AyuCanada 22nd April 2022 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toniayu123 (Post 3349546)
^it seems she wasn’t fully satisfied with the concert. Weird enough, she was satisfied with all of the ones that came after this one, which for me are far worse. This is the last concert that felt true Ayu for me, and I still hope she will release it someday as a bonus of some kind.

I was going to add a comment... but you spoke my mind already.

summerain 22nd April 2022 07:37 PM

I have to say I'm not too impressed with this show, so I tend to understand Ayu a little bit. POWER of A^3, Promised Land and even the pandemic shows without audience, they all seem to be more appealing.

However, I really wanted a proper release of POM 18. There's still a very good arranging (the last ARENA TOUR with her band) and some good performances.

AyuCanada 22nd April 2022 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by summerain (Post 3349824)
I have to say I'm not too impressed with this show, so I tend to understand Ayu a little bit. POWER of A^3, Promised Land and even the pandemic shows without audience, they all seem to be more appealing.

However, I really wanted a proper release of POM 18. There's still a very good arranging (the last ARENA TOUR with her band) and some good performances.

I have to disagree with you, but I understand we all have different tastes and opinions. It is trues that their was less stunts and choreography, so if you like a show with a lot of Dance, she definatly has more of it in her show after 2018. I do find that her latest shows lacks of emotions, they feel more superficial/plastic. 2018, was visually a let down after CdM and MIJ, but the simplicity is kinda what made it beautiful and poignant. The budget was clearly low, probably similliar of JtB, but instead of focussing on routines and dancing, it was focussed on the music and interpretation.

I just rewatched that ASFXX performance : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj62MAgtHDU

There is barely nothing happening on stage compared to the 24th anniversary version we had last week, but I think if feels more powerful.

This show is far from being her best, and I don't think nothing has or will ever top CdM, it was simple but well done, I don't see anything of bad taste, overdone or cheap looking in the show (as long as you can tolerate a lot of sequin... which I do). It was also a very short tour with few dates so the smaller scale was somewhat expected (although odd since we previously expected the 20th anniversary to be the big tour).