Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [Official Message] FNS Kayousai 2018 (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124358)

Linza-mo 29th November 2018 02:25 AM

FNS Kayousai 2018

Quote:

「FNS歌謡祭 第1夜」への出演が決定いたしました!フジテレビ系列

12月5日(水)19:00よりフジテレビ系列にて放送される
「FNS歌謡祭 第1夜」への出演が決定いたしました!

番組公式HPはこちら!

是非お楽しみにしていてくださいね!
https://avex.jp/ayu/schedule/detail.php?id=1070971

So ! Ayu will perform to the FNS Music Festival 2018 the 12/05 and she will sing Movin’on without you ! :D

http://ayuangel.com/wp-content/uploa...ithout-you.jpg

ayumisrael 29th November 2018 02:26 AM

That’s awesome!! I love that cover to death.

kotora 29th November 2018 02:59 AM

I thought she would perform with Utada together....

cosmicfirefly 29th November 2018 03:16 AM

I love the song, but the choice feels kind of weird to me, especially since she covered it a few years ago now. A more recent song of hers would have been nice, but I'm glad she's performing!

SunshineSlayer 29th November 2018 03:26 AM

^ FNS for the last several years has largely been about artists doing covers, so it kinda makes sense. I'm just happy she's performing at all!

chocopockymaster 29th November 2018 04:38 AM

I came into this post planning to say "please don't wear a wedding dress!"

But I'm so baffled by the song choice I'm truly at a loss for words

Cahz- 29th November 2018 05:08 AM

Mess.
But it will be fun regardless!

axmish87 29th November 2018 05:15 AM

I like it. Her version of MOWY is great.

RealLight 29th November 2018 05:41 AM

Eh

Deep snow 29th November 2018 07:22 AM

1. glad she's performing
2. I love her cover of this song
3. but I know she's most likely not going to perform it well :(

Chris85 29th November 2018 08:52 AM

Surprised by song choice. I hope it's pre-recorded. I was going to watch the show anyway because of EXILE, now there's one more reason.

EndOfTheWorld 29th November 2018 09:04 AM

This is happy news.:)
I guess moving on without you wouldn't be my first choice but it will just be nice for Ayu to make an appearance during the month of Christmas.

Bigtop 29th November 2018 11:15 AM

Looks like next week's FNS (classic, next week, 12/5; not the 'informal' one the week after, 12/12) is going to be a hot ticket for me!

oaristos 29th November 2018 11:16 AM

That's so... unexpected. It could be a trainwreck, but I'm actually excited because her version of Movin' on without you is iconic.

Corvina 29th November 2018 11:55 AM

This is so random.
Usually if one sings a cover there's some current relevance to it or it's a live collabo on the show.
I hope she gets to sing one song of herself as well, it's her 20th Anni after all.
Even aiko is singing a medley because of her anniversary.

And now I've just read that day 1, where Ayu is performing, will be a "formal setting" while day 2 will be the "informal" one. The song choice makes even less sense now. xD

AyuWorld 29th November 2018 12:01 PM

So happy!! But I prefer her singing her super hit winter ballads ��

njanjayrp 29th November 2018 12:05 PM

Happy she is performing. Sad she is reduced to a cover of one of Utada’s more boring songs (as much as Ayu improved it). Even BoA is singing her own stuff...

Chris85 29th November 2018 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njanjayrp (Post 3291239)
Happy she is performing. Sad she is reduced to a cover of one of Utada’s more boring songs (as much as Ayu improved it). Even BoA is singing her own stuff...

Maybe it's because of Utada's return to the stage?

Aderianu 29th November 2018 01:14 PM

Great news! Don't like the song...

CeReSu 29th November 2018 02:47 PM

I'm happy to see Ayu but why she isn't singing her own songs...
This one is funny for Encore in Arena Tour, but here... not convinced

pedronekoi 29th November 2018 03:02 PM

I'm a bit disappointed :( It's the end of the Heisei Era and I expected something more special. But still excited to see her on TV.

I wonder if it will be live broadcast because I remember she posted something about a TV shooting on her instagram.

tokyoxjapanxfan 29th November 2018 03:05 PM

Why not cover a different Utada song? That would’ve been a treat. Much like this song was the first time. But now it’s like, the only cover she sings lol.

Teppei-chan 29th November 2018 04:10 PM

Would have been cool If she sings one of her own songs, maybe one of her winter ballads or maybe a chrisgmas song. But let's wait and see how her prrformance will be. I like Movin' on without you but I also whished for anothrr song from her

chocopockymaster 29th November 2018 05:18 PM

The more I think about this the more disappointed I am. A medley of her most well-known winter ballads (no dancers required kthxbai) and a gorgeous ballgown would have been the perfect choice.

Corvina 29th November 2018 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chocopockymaster (Post 3291257)
The more I think about this the more disappointed I am. A medley of her most well-known winter ballads (no dancers required kthxbai) and a gorgeous ballgown would have been the perfect choice.

Especially cause they're doing a big Christmas & Winter medley with different songs and different artists.
If she is not performing with Utada together, I really don't understand it.

Chris85 29th November 2018 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corvina (Post 3291265)
Especially cause they're doing a big Christmas & Winter medley with different songs and different artists.
If she is not performing with Utada together, I really don't understand it.

Maybe since they couldn't get Utada herself (one of the biggest stars of Heisei period), somebody's covering one of her songs is their second best option, and Ayu already has a successful cover of hers.
I really can't come up with a better explanation :-)

Cahz- 29th November 2018 05:54 PM

Maybe she just loves the song, and that's why she has been constantly performing it since it was released. Let's not forget she already performed it on TV on NHK's "SONGS" and the questions were the same (Why this and not one of her own songs).
By the way... to me Movin' on without you is HER song, just like I Will Always Love You is Whitney's even though it's a Dolly Parton cover.

Corvina 29th November 2018 06:02 PM

Well, FNS Kayousai in Winter is a year-end show plus it always has a theme going on (Christmas and Winter this time, not Heisei).
So they usually have a mix of current popular artists and songs and those fitting to the theme.
Which makes it so puzzling.

But yeah, maybe it's just Ayu, who wants to do that, and they let her. Would fit to the impression she's making all year already. Then it is great they let her doing it at least!

relmy 29th November 2018 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cahz- (Post 3291273)
Maybe she just loves the song, and that's why she has been constantly performing it since it was released. Let's not forget she already performed it on TV on NHK's "SONGS" and the questions were the same (Why this and not one of her own songs).
By the way... to me Movin' on without you is HER song, just like I Will Always Love You is Whitney's even though it's a Dolly Parton cover.

How I feel about it too. She clearly doesn't view it as just a cover, with how often she performs it.

Sky High 29th November 2018 06:52 PM

Only one song? Is there possibility to add more songs to list?

alternarist 29th November 2018 08:18 PM

1. I like this song. But it's kinda overused to me. Perhaps the song has its status elevated to a "concert staple".

2. Don't think ayu is going to pull it off well haha.

3. I thought she would chose aeternal or The way I am.

summerain 29th November 2018 10:21 PM

It's her most recent hit. Period.

Katsuyuki012 29th November 2018 10:47 PM

Would've said step by step was.

surrealA 29th November 2018 11:41 PM

Cant wait to see it!
Glad that she decided to do another TV performance (no matter what the song).

njanjayrp 29th November 2018 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chocopockymaster (Post 3291257)

And also something she has done to death xD oh well no way of satisfying everyone - just happy that she is on TV at all.

chocopockymaster 30th November 2018 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njanjayrp (Post 3291290)
And also something she has done to death xD oh well no way of satisfying everyone - just happy that she is on TV at all.

But she hasn't done it in years and it would be refreshing to hear it with her current vocals

Also--not to be petty, but it's her anniversary FFS. And she's gonna remind people of that by singing a cover of a song by another artist? Ugh.

Corvina 30th November 2018 12:57 AM

Yeah, that's pretty much the reaction of the Japanese public as well from what I'm reading.
The two top commentaries on Yahoo News e.g. are pretty much going like "Why is she singing a Utada Hikaru song? She has many great old songs herself. Even though she might not be able to hit the high notes anymore."
They don't understand it.
So it won't help her with the public, which is why I only hope it is what she wants.

SunshineSlayer 30th November 2018 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cahz- (Post 3291273)

Good point becuase I far prefer Ayu's version.

Andrenekoi 30th November 2018 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 (Post 3291288)
Would've said step by step was.

I wouldn't call Step by Step a hit...

Xianghua 30th November 2018 01:40 AM

It would be cool if Utada made a surprise appearance during the song but that is wishful thinking, ha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corvina (Post 3291297)
Yeah, that's pretty much the reaction of the Japanese public as well from what I'm reading.
The two top commentaries on Yahoo News e.g. are pretty much going like "Why is she singing a Utada Hikaru song? She has many great old songs herself. Even though she might not be able to hit the high notes anymore."
They don't understand it.
So it won't help her with the public, which is why I only hope it is what she wants.

My first thought was wondering what the Japanese public think of it. I can already imagine what the twitter haters are going to say...

Katsuyuki012 30th November 2018 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrenekoi (Post 3291299)
I wouldn't call Step by Step a hit...

Well, it charted quite well digitally (did MOWY? cuz Idk). Also, the word hit is rather relative when it comes to ayu these days.

Her last 'real' hit would probably be You & Me in that case. Got gold for 100k downloads after all.

Cahz- 30th November 2018 05:09 AM

I don't know but the WARNING lyrics are resonating so hard in my head right now lol

You should’ve done this like that
You should’ve done that like this
I know I can count on you
never being satisfied

Aderianu 30th November 2018 12:36 PM

We don't know yet what time ayu will perform? This is quite long show

If someone miss it, few days ago ayu posted photos from some music show recording.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cahz- (Post 3290733)

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld (Post 3290761)

Yoake 30th November 2018 12:44 PM

I doubt that Ayu was the only one to choose the song. I think FNS wanted only a cover and as she didn't want to learn another one (maybe because she has a special link with music and doesn't want to sing any songs) they let her performing MOWY. Something as meet halfway.

Corvina 30th November 2018 01:20 PM

FNS Kayousai is a live show.
The themed specials and medleys are all live, so Ayu can't take part if she was pre-recorded.

mizuki-7 1st December 2018 02:50 AM

Why make such a big deal about it ? At least we are getting a song from this decade and not another performance of season or M giving even more the impression that her career ended in 2000 .... yes it’s not her song but what is the problem ? just enjoy it ...she is not promoting something.

Andrenekoi 1st December 2018 03:53 AM

She has an official recording of it, so it's her song. As someone mentioned Whitney Houston in here, I never saw people trying to take I Will Aways Love You from her.

attractive nausea 1st December 2018 04:11 AM

I only learnt a few weeks ago that I Will Always Love You wasn't Whitney's song and i was shook.

I'm happy that Ayu performs MOWY, I love that song a lot and i'd rather have her sing a recent catchy song than another old song that, as mizuki-7 said, only gives the impression that her carreer is long dead. Now all that's left to hope is that Ayu doesn't make her performance awkward.

kaled kalil 1st December 2018 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrenekoi (Post 3291371)
She has an official recording of it, so it's her song. As someone mentioned Whitney Houston in here, I never saw people trying to take I Will Aways Love You from her.

That's because I Will Always Love You covered by Whitney was bigger than Dolly's original song. Ayumi's cover of MOWY is not even close to the original source, if we base on popularity. Sometimes a cover can replace the original, like it happened to IWALY, but it's not the case for MOWY.

I don't really mind seeing her perform this song again, I just think it's not a wise choice for FNS Kayousai. Even when singers do their own songs and they are electronic/up-beat, it feels kinda awkward with all the orchestra there.

Chris85 1st December 2018 06:29 AM

FNS is all about collaborations, it's interesting that Yahoo article calls her upcoming performance a "special collaboration". So they're trying to make it look like it's a collaboration with Utada, even though she won't be there?:-)

Zeke. 1st December 2018 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corvina (Post 3291237)
This is so random.
Usually if one sings a cover there's some current relevance to it or it's a live collabo on the show.
I hope she gets to sing one song of herself as well, it's her 20th Anni after all.
Even aiko is singing a medley because of her anniversary.

And now I've just read that day 1, where Ayu is performing, will be a "formal setting" while day 2 will be the "informal" one. The song choice makes even less sense now. xD

On twitter a Japanese fan said it’s great because a Heisei era song princess chose to sing a well known song by another heisei era song princess. What better way to celebrate AND pay your respects to the era and those whose careers were birthed in it?

mi|kshake 1st December 2018 03:20 PM

It's not my fav Ayu song but it is an unexpected choice which I love! Also good point Zeke.

I'm happy to have an Ayu performance during the festive period and look forward to watching it!

Evan Odinson 1st December 2018 11:10 PM

Yes, I'm happy with just getting another TV performance, not my fave song indeed but it's a fun rendition and I hope she does great!

adantatu2 4th December 2018 07:55 AM

I prefer MANY CLASSIC MOMENTS to be honest.
But hey, I'm glad isn't SEASONS again, lol.

Gustavopc 4th December 2018 11:29 PM

^ Same same same :laugh

maxikot 5th December 2018 12:06 AM

I love Many Classic Moments as well! It was so much fun during this year's a-nation!
Promotional video of her FNS appearance:
https://twitter.com/ERI_Aruku/status...93074074759168

Earth_maiden 5th December 2018 11:16 AM

^She looks so cute!! I'm just glad she's gonna be on TV again, it feels to long between appearances now.

AyuWorld 5th December 2018 01:12 PM

5pm now in Japan, at what time the show will start? And Ayu?

njanjayrp 5th December 2018 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyuWorld (Post 3291678)
5pm now in Japan, at what time the show will start? And Ayu?

7pm Japanese time. I don't think we know for sure when ayu will perform?

Also does anyone know if we can stream this? Links!? :)

Chris85 5th December 2018 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxikot (Post 3291646)

Thanks! So now we have an official reason for this song choice.
I'm glad it's pre-recorded, so the chances are high she got it right with multiple takes.

Corvina 5th December 2018 02:19 PM

Show starts 7 pm and ends 11:30 pm.

Ayu is going to perform in the 10 pm time slot, so the later part of the show:

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/8...924/2ZJoGZ.jpg

I've posted streaming links in the Asian Music Section.

http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showth...=124024&page=8

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris85 (Post 3291687)
Thanks! So now we have an official reason for this song choice.
I'm glad it's pre-recorded, so the chances are high she got it right with multiple takes.

Hm, no, not really, they only explain why she covered the song, not why she's performing it there.

AyuWorld 5th December 2018 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corvina (Post 3291688)
Show starts 7 pm and ends 11:30 pm.

Ayu is going to perform in the 10 pm time slot, so the later part of the show:

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/8...924/2ZJoGZ.jpg

I've posted streaming links in the Asian Music Section.

http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showth...=124024&page=8

Hm, no, not really, they only explain why she covered the song, not why she's performing it there.

Why she covered the song?

tokyoxjapanxfan 5th December 2018 04:56 PM

^ they debuted at similar times, and Ayu remembers hearing that song a lot. So whenever she hears it now, it brings her back to that time.

Mirrorcle Monster 5th December 2018 06:42 PM

She's performing after the CMs now

Evan Odinson 5th December 2018 06:50 PM

lmao my streaming signal was so good until Ayu's performance, I only could watch half of the performance then the streaming went down, I wanna cry :(

njanjayrp 5th December 2018 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evan Odinson (Post 3291708)
lmao my streaming signal was so good until Ayu's performance, I only could watch half of the performance then the streaming went down, I wanna cry :(

It was so choppy X_X

Corvina 5th December 2018 06:56 PM

It was ok, I guess.
Near the end she started to do "yeahs" and shouting out like in a concert like I feared she would do, but could restrain herself again luckily.
Coming after a CM break was good, so it wasn't so out of place.
Right after her were Kobukuro with one of their big hit ballads. And more ballads medleys/collabs now.
EXILE with Head or Tails was totally out of place in between all those ballads and winter songs in the first part of the show and they were live, lol.
They called her the Heisei songstress though, that was great!

Linza-mo 5th December 2018 07:01 PM

It was better than I expected ! I really enjoy it !
her voice and her energy was good !

https://twitter.com/ayutube0408/stat...11399165849600

njanjayrp 5th December 2018 07:12 PM

She did well!!

Corvina 5th December 2018 07:14 PM

I'm still disappointed that she only got one song and that was even a cover.
Sekai no Owari weren't live as well, pre-recorded, and got two songs of their own to perform, the 2nd, a winter song, not long after her while the first one, a dance song, in the first part of the show (also felt quite out of place there btw.).
Why not Ayu as well, hmpf.

krtman2002 5th December 2018 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linza-mo (Post 3291712)

Good? I think she nailed it.

It was perfect for me considering the song it is.

rikku1994 5th December 2018 07:28 PM

She got thinner again, and finally! Not a boring ass winter ballad.

Evan Odinson 5th December 2018 07:29 PM

Finally got to see it in good quality, and yes she did GREAT! Of course I would loved another song tbh but whatever, she did great and looked beautiful, also she had a lot of energy, I loved it :yes

Cahz- 5th December 2018 07:32 PM

It was nice :D

summerain 5th December 2018 07:46 PM

She was good, but I really don't like TV performances anymore. They're so freaking boring. I guess it's the format.

Chris85 5th December 2018 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corvina (Post 3291710)
EXILE with Head or Tails was totally out of place in between all those ballads and winter songs in the first part of the show and they were live, lol.

They sang it? I haven't watched the show yet. I thought they were supposed to sing "Lovers Again". I love "Heads or Tails".

Corvina 5th December 2018 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris85 (Post 3291726)
They sang it? I haven't watched the show yet. I thought they were supposed to sing "Lovers Again". I love "Heads or Tails".

Yes, Lovers Again was part of the big winter medley and they also performed in some live collabs. I love Heads or Tails, too, it just didn't fit where they put it.
Most of the other fast songs were either done with the live band/orchestra or with other fast songs grouped together, so that it flowed better.

Chris85 5th December 2018 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corvina (Post 3291727)
Yes, Lovers Again was part of the big winter medley and they also performed in some live collabs. I love Heads or Tails, too, it just didn't fit where they put it.
Most of the other fast songs were either done with the live band/orchestra or with other fast songs grouped together, so that it flowed better.

I see, thank you :-)
I think Ayu did good, no shouting, it's so rare these days. It turned out the way I wanted it to be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linza-mo (Post 3291712)

Thank you for the link!

BlackSilence 5th December 2018 08:43 PM

She sounded great! Looked great and her energy was awesome! It comes so natural for her.

And people who keep saying that she's going through some mid life crisis picking out young male dancers being so old herself - i don't get them. The woman doesn't look any older than the dancer on her left! She's in great shape and takes pretty darn good care of herself to be up with the younger generation on stage with her together.

Teppei-chan 5th December 2018 08:53 PM

I think this is a good perfomance of Movin' in without you, her voice was pretty good and it look like she bad so much fun and enrrgy for this performance.

chu-lips 5th December 2018 08:57 PM

Shes thinner again...
Yay for that...
Lol...
A great performance a lot of energy n fun...

EndOfTheWorld 5th December 2018 09:15 PM

https://scontent-cdt1-1.cdninstagram...48959302_n.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/n3n1vk.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/29wpnqr.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/2hyxmco.jpg

AyuCanada 5th December 2018 09:26 PM

She did well enough, nothing specific to complaint about, everything was on point. But I didn't feel very moved i don't know why.

summerain 5th December 2018 10:25 PM

She sent some positive energies to Utada because it's her tour's last weekend through her Instagram Stories. I think it was very cute from her!

errikkutrancex 5th December 2018 11:04 PM

Here is a streaming version in good quality of the performance ! :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYa6rUHQrr8

Evan Odinson 5th December 2018 11:27 PM

^Thanks!

Deep snow 5th December 2018 11:55 PM

I just saw @kyohiiru's post of the performance on Instagram—holy shit she was SO???? GREAT???? no shouting and such good control of her voice. performances like this are great reminders that she can still sing really well. wow. WOW. THE INVENTOR OF SINGING.

if only she would apply this technique for her actual live shows. sigh.

Cahz- 5th December 2018 11:58 PM

Reading the comments on Youtube seems like Japan love her again because she's thin at 40 lol
Also they mention her "cute" voice and "singing like the old days".

Amalgam 6th December 2018 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cahz- (Post 3291749)
Reading the comments on Youtube seems like Japan love her again because she's thin at 40 lol

Lmao, Japan. Never change.

EndOfTheWorld 6th December 2018 01:24 AM

I enjoyed the performance.:yes
I did feel that Ayu's costume felt a bit out of place for a TV performance though. I'm glad that everything went smoothly. It makes me wish she performed 1 or 2 more songs. It was actually nice to have a performance of a more recent song.

AyuWorld 6th December 2018 01:50 AM

Quote:

omg Japan is being Japan again, LOL

so easy to win back their heart? she just needs to stay thinnnnn

Andrenekoi 6th December 2018 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artcika (Post 3291733)
She sounded great! Looked great and her energy was awesome! It comes so natural for her.

And people who keep saying that she's going through some mid life crisis picking out young male dancers being so old herself - i don't get them. The woman doesn't look any older than the dancer on her left! She's in great shape and takes pretty darn good care of herself to be up with the younger generation on stage with her together.

Also, professional dancing is hard on the body and dancers tend to retire early. It's not very common to find a dancer touring like Ayu'career demands into their 40's.

njanjayrp 6th December 2018 02:43 AM

This is the first time in years that she’s performed without a single back vocal!

mi|kshake 6th December 2018 02:45 AM

Great performance! Like everyone said she sounded good. My only nitpick was that I thought the backing vocals were a bit overpowering at times.

Evan Odinson 6th December 2018 03:07 AM

Really sad that the only reason to like her (or anyone) is her body/weight but hey, at least she isn't getting hate... :no

xLuna&1LOVE 6th December 2018 03:39 AM

Idk guys, I thought she was playbacking like 85% of the performance.

She looked great though, and I am glad the reactions are positive.

Sky High 6th December 2018 03:46 AM

It was good performance. I like her energy :)

kotora 6th December 2018 08:31 AM

Did she make that dress? I start feeling that AHXX on that dress is so cool

ayuinh.k? 6th December 2018 09:41 AM

Quote:

Japanese have a huge liking of ayu being thin and singing in that high pitch tone ala 2001. If she does neither, then she gets disliked

ayumint 6th December 2018 09:47 AM

Japanese really concerns to her fat lol