Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Forum Downtime 2017 (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123819)

koumori 13th October 2017 12:34 PM

Forum Downtime 2017

Hello everyone,

I know there's going to be questions and/or feedback on the recent forum downtime. I tried to keep members of the Facebook page as updated as possible but I understand not everyone who visits the forum was there (An obligatory plug for people to join/follow one of our social media presences here).

The forum server license ran out. I have been in contact with zef and the license has been paid again for another two years.
We are discussing long-term solutions for this on-going problem. I know the forum is important to a lot of us (me included), and I also do not like that we are having this issue consecutively on an annual basis.

I wanted to make sure you guys know that this is an active discussion and we're doing our best.
Thank you for the patience.

JackieRos 13th October 2017 12:40 PM

Holy crap, I thought that the last downtime only happened a few months ago and no it’s been a year O.O

I’m just glad that is back.

Ayumi Romania 13th October 2017 01:12 PM

Thank you very much Koumori and zef!

Ryusei 13th October 2017 01:12 PM

I thought it was gone for good ugh thank god

Next_Level29 13th October 2017 02:07 PM

how much does it cost? im so glad that it runs again!

Kacku 13th October 2017 02:20 PM

I'm so happy to see AHS back again. Thank you for all your work for this place, Koumori and other people running things, I hope you can work out a solution.

douggn 13th October 2017 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minerva (Post 3252769)
Holy crap, I thought that the last downtime only happened a few months ago and no it’s been a year O.O

I’m just glad that is back.

same :P time flys

tokyoxjapanxfan 13th October 2017 02:37 PM

Thank you for keeping us updated. I'm very happy it's back, and hope an agreement can be reached :-)

RealLight 13th October 2017 02:46 PM

I'm so glad it's back, I was feeling pretty much isolated from the news without the forum. Thank you guys!

SunshineSlayer 13th October 2017 03:49 PM

I was starting to think that it was down for good this time as well. Phew! Like others, this is my main JPOP news source.

hud 13th October 2017 04:04 PM

thanks for getting the forum online again. I would like to say, however, whoever is responsible for the facebook group please accept pending requests to join it. I was getting info on the forum downtime from there but people were always asking for the group to be secret and my request to join never was accepted.

AyuGAME 13th October 2017 04:10 PM

I'M SO GLAD THE FORUM IS BACK ONLINE!
thank you for all peoples that make it happen.

Taishaku 13th October 2017 04:51 PM

Thanks for all the hard work! :)

EndOfTheWorld 13th October 2017 05:52 PM

I'm happy everything is back to normal.:heart
It always feels weird not being able to check AHS daily. It becomes routine. But perhaps ownership of AHS would be better in someone else's hands that will actually stay on top of things.:shrug

Darkifrit 13th October 2017 06:13 PM

I'm so glad AHS is back.
Downtimes like this make me understand how dependent i'm of this forum!

oaristos 13th October 2017 07:46 PM

Thank you so much for everything, Koumori! :heart I'm glad the forum is back and it's going to say up for the next two years.

DavidChaiLatte 13th October 2017 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkifrit (Post 3252811)
I'm so glad AHS is back.
Downtimes like this make me understand how dependent i'm of this forum!

No truer words were ever spoken.

Welcome back AHS! :D

cosmicfirefly 13th October 2017 08:39 PM

So happy it's back, thank you!

owlflight 13th October 2017 08:44 PM

Yay! AHS is back!

Bigtop 13th October 2017 08:56 PM

Finally, AHS is back!

himawariii6 13th October 2017 10:19 PM

Thank you for everything <3

kendelle 14th October 2017 01:24 AM

Thanks for everything, guys, we've really missed this place, especially since it always goes down so soon after Ayu's own birthday...

I'm not sure how practical it is, but maybe we could look at having a backup of the forum made in mid-Sept 2019 so if it's unable to be sorted out, the data could be transferred to another platform? Regardless I'm glad to hear the problem won't happen again for a while :) Thanks for all your hard work!

DonkeyKongRemix 14th October 2017 05:39 AM

Thank you, Koumori!!! You rock!!! <3

takashi526 14th October 2017 06:31 AM

Thank a lot for Koumori and Zef

xLuna&1LOVE 14th October 2017 11:47 AM

My request to join the AHS facebook is still pending, but I have been reading the posts. So lovely to see how many people still keep up the postitive AHS spirit on a different platform. I missed the forum a lot and I am really glad it's back. The last days felt so... empty haha.

@Koumori and @Zef Thank you so much!

owlflight 14th October 2017 12:01 PM

My request to join the AHS group on Facebook is still pending too. I'm glad we have a group like that to keep us informed in situations like the one we just had.

koumori 14th October 2017 01:25 PM

The Facebook group doesn't have one of our moderators as an admin. We chose it as our default outlet because the group already existed, but unfortunately I am not sure who the people are who run it.

Aderianu 14th October 2017 02:42 PM

^one of them HULUFan. I don't know other two

hayasaki 14th October 2017 02:43 PM

Thank you so much Koumori and Zef! Thank you like, seriously. It was never good not being able to see AHS atleast once a day. Maybe we can all agree to make a reminder or something like forum-downtime alert atleast a month before October, or the time when the lease is supposedly going to expire again. lol

And yeah, it was nice to see initiates in Facebook as well. :love

YUKARI 14th October 2017 03:11 PM

I was afraid it's going to be AYUNITE! 2.0

I'm glad AHS is back

CatGirl 14th October 2017 03:32 PM

Yay! Thank you so much!!! Happy to be back on AHS again :)

Toniayu123 14th October 2017 04:59 PM

I'm so glad the forum is back. Thanks!

Didz-19 15th October 2017 10:36 AM

OMG!! Thanks all for all your hard work. I love this forum. It's my everyday diary.

mi|kshake 15th October 2017 12:33 PM

I am so glad this place is back! I was trying to find info online about its status.

Like others I visit this place everyday and it is part of my Internet routine. It is also my main source for Ayu and JPop and I was a little lost without it haha!

Beauty4123 17th October 2017 03:28 AM

To hear that AHS will remain active for at least another two years...warms my heart. :heart
Thank you to all who are keeping this forum full of memories, alive! We'd be nowhere with you.

Next_Level29 17th October 2017 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mi|kshake (Post 3252994)
I am so glad this place is back! I was trying to find info online about its status.

Like others I visit this place everyday and it is part of my Internet routine. It is also my main source for Ayu and JPop and I was a little lost without it haha!

bluegie 17th October 2017 02:15 PM

First of all, thank you so much Koumori and Zef. I'm so grateful that the forum is back, and its life will be extended for another 2 years at least. Without your hard work, we will not be able to visit the forum and see the people again. The downtime made me realize (again) how attach I am to this forum. Have been here for over 14 years and I'm so used to visit here everyday (or at least 5 days a week nowadays).
I don't have facebook or other social media, so I had to google "ayumi hamasaki sekai" to see if we would get back together. I was so happy when I saw the forum's back message on AHS twitter. Truly, truly thanks to all the people who keep the forum running!

freedreamer 19th October 2017 02:03 AM

Thank you for bringing the forum back :D

Bigtop 19th October 2017 05:31 AM

Two more years!

Well, anyways, how long has AHS been up since? (the history of the AHS forum)

koumori 19th October 2017 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigtop (Post 3253269)
Well, anyways, how long has AHS been up since? (the history of the AHS forum)

Since 1999. You can read the origin story here. :)

Bigtop 20th October 2017 06:50 AM

^ Wow, that's quite a long time. From 2003. But what happened to AGN? We know what happened with AYUNITE!, but can we have a refresher why AYUNITE! shut down?

Refix 23rd October 2017 11:16 PM

Thanks for bringing this forum back.

kotora 10th November 2017 03:39 PM

suggestion: Can we set up a donation for this forum?
Like any amount of donation via paypal..

It is part of our contribution to this forum.

SayukiChoco 12th November 2017 08:55 AM

^ I second that. I'd very much like to support this forum in any way.

Thank you for bringing AHS back! I'm not overly active here, but I still look into it everyday. Really missed it during downtime.

koumori 12th November 2017 01:01 PM

Right now the only one with access to paying for the forum is zef - no other moderator or administrator does, hence why there were issues in the first place.