Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   NEW CONTEST: Design the new AHS logo! (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100677)

AHS Staff 24th April 2010 09:42 AM

NEW CONTEST: Design the new AHS logo!

Description
To create an AHS logo to be used on products at the new AHS CafePress Shop. For further information regarding the AHS CafePress Shop, please see the associated announcement.

Links
CafePress website

Requirements
• Files must be in PNG (preferred) or JPEG format and may not exceed 4 MB or 7 MB, respectively.
• The maximum size for images is 800x800 pixels.
NO vulgar language or pictures.
• Entries must follow all other posting rules.
• Entries must also follow all CafePress rules regarding prohibited content. This means first and foremost:
o NO pictures of Ayu, her dancers, singers, musicians, or pets of ANY sort
o NO Avex logo
o NO Ayu “A” symbol
o NO logo from any concerts, photobooks, or albums

Submissions
• To enter PM (private message) your image to "AHS Staff". Do not send your entry to any other staff email or PM address.
• Only one entry per person.
• Entries must be as anonymous as possible. DO NOT post your entry on any sites or forums until after the contest is over.
• The deadline for submissions is June 27 (Sunday) at midnight.

Judging
• The entries will be judged by the AHS initiates in a poll.
• Each AHS member is allowed to place one vote only.
• The voting will begin on or about July 5 (date subject to change).
• In the event of a tie, another poll will be made between the tied entries to decide.

Prize
• There will be only one winner.
• The winner’s entry will be used on all products at the AHS CafePress Shop.

Disclaimers and Rules
• The voting should be based on the merits of the image only, and not on the person who made it. Entrants should NOT identify their work until after the voting is ended. If you try to influence another person's vote by disclosing the identity of any entry you will be ineligible to vote in this contest, and if the rule breaker is a participant their entry will be disqualified.
• The winner will not receive any reimbursement or commission for use of their image.
• The winning entry will be the complete possession of AHS to be used as desired for current and future products.
• AHS staff may enter.
• We regret that any late entries will not be accepted.
• DO NOT CHEAT. The AHS staff reserves the right to nullify any vote and/or entry that we consider suspicious for any reason.
• AHS's decision shall be final and appeals shall not be entertained.

emi♡ 24th April 2010 10:18 AM

Awesome!!!

I may enter this one! But omg...I'm sooo not creative...a whole individual logo just for AHS...using no Ayu symbols...

I expect to see a few ideas reoccur among the entries lol

I can't wait for all the entries though. Good luck everyone :D

gallowsCalibrator 24th April 2010 11:18 AM

This sounds fun~~~!!!! But it will be sooooo hard without using anything related to Ayu (^_^);;;

I have a question, though: must the logo be made with Photoshop and stuff, or can it be hand drawn, for example?

Lanz16 24th April 2010 12:01 PM

This sounds fun but hard since it challenges us not to use Ayu related things especially the "A". :)

Cherry Dynamite 24th April 2010 02:42 PM

Oh this will be hard but I'll try anyway xD

stardusties 24th April 2010 03:57 PM

I know using pictures of Ayu and her singers/dancers/dogs would be plagiaristic,

however, if we could draw Ayu without using any picture/video not shot by us as reference, that is accepted, correct?

Next Leveler˛ 24th April 2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

is this the prize??

AyuGAME 24th April 2010 04:57 PM

interesting...i will try

Crystal_Ageha 24th April 2010 06:34 PM

Cool. :) I won't be participating, but I look forward to seeing everybody's entries! ^_^ Good luck, everybody!

kirei_ayumi 24th April 2010 07:10 PM

this sounds fun! but I'm think I'm gonna skip out on this one...

ストロボ・EdGE 24th April 2010 08:56 PM

This may sound stupid, but is there a current logo?

sugarbasil 24th April 2010 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain-kawaii123 (Post 2336374)
This sounds fun~~~!!!! But it will be sooooo hard without using anything related to Ayu (^_^);;;

I have a question, though: must the logo be made with Photoshop and stuff, or can it be hand drawn, for example?

You can make it any way you want. :) You could take photos of stuff and collage them, draw, paint...it doesn't need to be done with Photoshop. :) I'd be very excited to see entries that don't use traditional Photoshop. :yes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanz16 (Post 2336396)
This sounds fun but hard since it challenges us not to use Ayu related things especially the "A". :)

I know, it's a heck of a challenge! Cafepress is so strict. :tired But I'm super confident in everyone. :yes

Quote:

Originally Posted by stardusties (Post 2336503)
I know using pictures of Ayu and her singers/dancers/dogs would be plagiaristic,

however, if we could draw Ayu without using any picture/video not shot by us as reference, that is accepted, correct?

Hm, I'm not too sure on that. It'd really be up to Cafepress. I don't think it'd be a problem, but you/we'd really have to check with their rules. I'm not sure how picky they are. :shrug

Quote:

Originally Posted by Next Leveler˛ (Post 2336507)
is this the prize??

LOL. Yes? Is that not good enough? :laugh I mean, people are going to be owning stuff with your logo on it, and everyone all over the forum's going to know of it. This of it like designing a new layout. If you won a layout challenge the prize is that we'd use it. :shrug

Quote:

Originally Posted by ストロボ・EdGE (Post 2336936)
This may sound stupid, but is there a current logo?

No, we don't have one. We've had the splash pages, but they're not really logos.

JackieRos 24th April 2010 11:00 PM

yes so excited for this!

gallowsCalibrator 24th April 2010 11:27 PM

@sugarbasil: Oh, I see! Thanks! I'm excited to do this~!

AngelSenshi 25th April 2010 12:23 AM

I can't even draw stick people, so I won't be taking part, but I can't wait to see what participants hand in :)

pommy48 25th April 2010 05:49 AM

Oh whatever happened to the other one?

sugarbasil 25th April 2010 06:18 AM

^What other one?

Zeke. 25th April 2010 06:45 AM

Aw, I was thinking I was gonna try and make something cool with the A logo! Dang it! Lol.

AyumiBest 25th April 2010 11:20 AM

I can't wait! :D I've always wanted to design something. XD

Next Leveler˛ 25th April 2010 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugarbasil (Post 2336950)
LOL. Yes? Is that not good enough? :laugh I mean, people are going to be owning stuff with your logo on it, and everyone all over the forum's going to know of it. This of it like designing a new layout. If you won a layout challenge the prize is that we'd use it. :shrug

You are correct!!!!!this is not good enogh! I see your plan!!!You are not so smart.I am going to SLAVEover my computer for hours in photoshop, putting my life on hold, and pouring out my life and SOUL to make perfect entryin a contest (which has 1/100 chance to win!!) and the prize is for YOU to take my hard earned work & use it for ur own advantage for FREE??All I get is a thank U& the feeling of accomplishment???what disrespect!!This is more like stealing!!slavery! It is like being a ghost writer!! except even they get paid!!!take my work, and all i get is a thank you? I'm sorry but I cannot take this disrespect!! i hope some poor soul is DESPERATE enough for the tiny bit of attention they will receve from this contest!!You don't eevn offer me a coffee mug with MY logo on it??

I'm sorry but I am very angry!! this is pathetic!! using your members to do free work for a shop that YOU will earn money off of!!It's a shop!! yuo will earn hundrds of dollar!!a layout contest is completely different!! you do not make money off of a layout!!................You cannot even give me this enough respect to pay back my hard work,something that it would cost a professional atlest 300$!!SO use your members. Wow, I cannot believe this.............

2Hurt 25th April 2010 04:22 PM

^ Has it occured to you that some people actually like to play with PS and stuff? I mean seriously don't make such a big deal out of it...

I won't be taking part in this, but it's cool to see what people can think of without using Ayu symbols :D

waterballoon 25th April 2010 04:22 PM

^^ omg stop it troll I just laughed so badly I got stitches on my side!

anyway, cool contest, I can't wait to see the entries! Though I doubt I'll be participating, haha

Maemi 25th April 2010 05:15 PM

Next Leveler˛ gave me loads of lulz, but never mind, this is an interesting contest, it's just that I have no idea what should I make ... -.-

sugarbasil 25th April 2010 09:37 PM

@Next Level: I'm not even going to humor that with an explanation if you didn't even bother to read the announcement corresponding the contest saying that we're making 0% profit from this. The ignorance and disrespect from that post earns no humor from us, and if you're going to continue on like that check your tone.

Picaflor 7/4 26th April 2010 02:16 AM

my god. way to take this competition to the next level...next leveler...>> feel free to not enter if you don't like it so much.

emi♡ 26th April 2010 02:21 AM

beware! the mods are conspiring against us! (<_<) ( >_>)

rainydayumi 26th April 2010 04:35 AM

i would participate but i suck at graphic design!!

asmAyumi1992 26th April 2010 05:12 AM

I'll not participate this but I'll vote for the best :D

dreamland2.0 26th April 2010 05:55 AM

I think I'll try my hand at this....
I mean I made a sucky cover for A world is one... but Ayu still got to see it!!

So maybe something good will come out of it :P

zoomzoom 26th April 2010 06:10 AM

I'm still really excited about this idea, I can't wait to see what people come up with! :D

mmaibff 26th April 2010 06:26 AM

Hmm this contest sounds interesting, I haven't enter any contests here yet I always seem to miss it. I think I might give this one a try if I can come up with a good concept

ren0210989 26th April 2010 01:52 PM

Next Leveler... you went overboard... you should have read the first post and clicked the link, ahs won't be making a profit out of this. it'd be different if ahs'd have profit out of it, then i'd understand your post.
i've finished graphic school and know about the graphic design business so i'd be on your side if there'd be a profit out of all this.

btw. Sugarbasil: basicly this ahs shop will be similar as the links to buy stuff from yesasia and cdjapan that we have on this site, right?

Next Leveler˛ 26th April 2010 04:49 PM

oh my god..i am sory!!:(
i did nto know.. please accept this gomen i have prepared for u
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/7942/gomen.png

Picaflor 7/4 26th April 2010 06:20 PM

^oh...now you come up with a logo... >>

Chu-Lip506 27th April 2010 05:46 AM

i might tr but i not good at the grapic works plus with th rules I wish you can use the A logo, so i am think of my mine own lolz ^_^

emi♡ 28th April 2010 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Next Leveler˛ (Post 2338895)
oh my god..i am sory!!:(
i did nto know.. please accept this gomen i have prepared for u
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/7942/gomen.png

you didn't know what?

That they weren't making a profit?

Whatever.

Next Leveler˛ 29th April 2010 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emiko (Post 2340552)
you didn't know what?

That they weren't making a profit?

Whatever.

Hello.No i did not.!!
if I had known,why would i so feeling badly?
Why are you being unpleasant to me?I have apologize:(

emi♡ 29th April 2010 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Next Leveler˛ (Post 2341305)
Hello.No i did not.!!
if I had known,why would i so feeling badly?
Why are you being unpleasant to me?I have apologize:(

why would it make a difference?

I mean, I don't understand how, even if they were getting like $100 per shirt, why it would make a difference.

AHS is a place of privilege for everyone. Look at everything we get to have, for absolutely free.

I'm sorry. I understand that graphic artists get paid and such, but I consider the prize to be extremely fitting, given everything that we have here, and for me, it really wouldn't matter if there was a profit or not, because I know it would only go back into the site.

I just find your stance to be kind of insulting to the admins, moderators, and all of the members. But whatever, thats fine. If that's how you feel, that's how you feel.

aqua_crystal 29th April 2010 03:49 PM

I'm glad you've given us a deadline which is really far from now. This is gonna be a challenge!!

hpg23 30th April 2010 11:29 PM

HELLO DRAMA! I WAS MISSING YOU!!

I can't wait to see all the contest entries, tho I won't be participating... if I had the time maybe I would. But I'll sure check it out. It's a really cool idea :D

y_nathz 2nd May 2010 07:41 AM

This idea is amazing but I don't think I'm joining this it's so hard..

Picaflor 7/4 2nd May 2010 01:12 PM

If i was in college right now and i was more experienced with logo and graphic design, this probably wouldn't be so hard for me hehe.

cerbercus 3rd May 2010 03:51 PM

Next Leveller - this isn't an attack at you, but I feel I should input my two cents!

I'm a working professional illustrator/designer/photographer, and understand all the plagiarism stuff. It's a pain, but completely understandable.

However, let me put it this way - you joined the site because you were an Ayu fan, right?

If you're creative, I'm assuming you'd done artwork/designs based on Ayu, right?

What I don't understand is why you don't consider this a prize.

I think it would be an honour, to create a logo for a website that offers you so much, and for them to consider your work to be good enough to visually represent what it is they do. I've sold my work plenty of times before, and also given the rights to my work away for free, because I think if the cause is good enough, then I'm more than happy to know that my work is being used for something good.

Also, the thousands of members on here, could look at the logo and think "Wow, that's cool" - a thousand people thinking that about something I've done is pretty good payment in my eyes.

Empry 6th May 2010 08:49 AM

Just wondering... do we have to include the words 'AHS' or 'Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai' or both in the logo?

zoomzoom 6th May 2010 07:13 PM

It's really up to you, as long as you look at it and instantly recognize it as AHS.

I would say though, if you create a wordmark, meaning a logo that is text, obviously you won't have to add text. But if you create an actual logo, some kind of symbol or shape, yea you would have to put AHS somewhere.

toniayu 8th May 2010 08:14 AM

can i make the design of the logo in drawing?

Picaflor 7/4 9th May 2010 01:27 AM

man, this is hard. x.x this probably would be easier if I had more experience.

are we allowed to submit it as a transparent image?

NeK Hamasaki 10th May 2010 04:18 PM

Quote:

• The winner will not receive any reimbursement or commission for use of their image.
• The winning entry will be the complete possession of AHS to be used as desired for current and future products.

Prize
Really??
That's INSANE.

Yuukiru Imai 10th May 2010 05:26 PM

the winner prize will get all product on http://www.cafepress.com/ ?? :O

Polyrhythm 14th May 2010 05:44 AM

Hi i need to ask a question. On the Cafe Press page it says
Quote:

NO use of names, logos, pictures or other intellectual property of musical groups or musical artists. For example, you cannot make Britney Spears merchandise simply because you run a fan-based Britney Spears website or just because you downloaded her image from an internet website. You also cannot modify the name or other intellectual property of a musical group and avoid infringement, (e.g., using Metalika instead of Metallica).
If I put the phrase "Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai" in my logo, is that against the rules? I made 2 versions of my entry, one with Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai and one with just AHS. Would I have to change my design?

sugarbasil 15th May 2010 08:30 PM

^^That is...a very good question. O_O I don't have an answer. I'll bring it up with the other mods.

I feel like because she's a foreign artist we could probably get away with it, but I don't know how big of a risk that is...

At the very least, you can for sure write "AHS." At least we can do that and it's recognizable. :)

zoomzoom 15th May 2010 08:54 PM

^Yea I was gonna say the same thing, there's probably not a very big chance of them catching ayu's name, but just to be on the safe side it may be best to only include "AHS" and not her name. Should someone miss this and still include "ayumi hamasaki" and be the winner, we can still have it modified. I doubt someone can integrate something as long as "ayumi hamasaki sekai' into a well working logo. :laugh

Polyrhythm 15th May 2010 09:55 PM

Ah thanks for the answer. I'll submit my entry soon.

AyumiBest 19th May 2010 10:11 AM

Does the logo have to be colored?

sugarbasil 19th May 2010 11:17 PM

^^Naw, it can be in black and white. :)

ストロボ・EdGE 23rd May 2010 05:52 AM

I'm excited to see what everyone comes up with~

AHS Staff 25th May 2010 08:52 PM

There have already been a few submissions and the staff is very excited. Please continue to do your best and submit, everyone!

Also, because the staff is currently unsure if CafePress will allow "Ayumi Hamasaki" to be included in the image, please do not include the words "Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai" for the time being. Using the letters "AHS" is completely fine. If you wish, you may submit an image including those words and a version without them just in case. However, they must be the same base image. In other words, you can not submit two completely different images, one saying "Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai" and the other without those words.

aqua_crystal 26th May 2010 09:29 PM

Can we use Ayumi's Japanese name in the logo?? Or even just "Ayu"?

lividlillies 31st May 2010 02:51 AM

^ To add onto that, would one version of her name be safer than another? Ayu releases everything under "浜崎あゆみ", so would "浜崎歩" be a safer option? (Though she does write her name like that occasionally.)

asmAyumi1992 12th June 2010 05:01 PM

I changed my mind! I'll try my best to participate this. I'm working on it now :)

Mintkisses 14th June 2010 06:39 AM

Meh, it's 1:36am where I live and I just decided to possibly cook something up in good old Photoshop =)
But one question, should the logo.. say anything? Such as it has to have "AHS" on it.. but I know we're making a logo, but is the logo for the forum or the site. Sorry if it's a dumb question, but at least I'll know XD

zoomzoom 14th June 2010 08:07 PM

^The logo can be anything you want it to be, as long as it follows the rules and says "AHS".

MiiSan 19th June 2010 02:51 AM

Just wondering... logo dosen't mean just text? Or you can make it look like a banner/wall/etc? XD

zoomzoom 19th June 2010 03:58 AM

Well a logo that is just text is technically called a wordmark, but it's accepted too.

What you need to think about is that it will be used on merchandise, so the logo needs to work on a solid colored background, like white or black. You can submit it on any background you want though.

ストロボ・EdGE 22nd June 2010 04:26 AM

Deadline is almost up!
So when will the voting begin? I'm excited to see what everyone's come up with.

sugarbasil 22nd June 2010 05:28 AM

Oh, crap, you're right. :tired I forgot the deadline was coming up. We should probably send out some reminders or something...

How are people doing? Do people need more time? I haven't even started my entry.... >_<

And I guess we never got back to any of these questions...hope it's not too late...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mintkisses (Post 2389335)
but I know we're making a logo, but is the logo for the forum or the site. Sorry if it's a dumb question, but at least I'll know XD

It's not for the forum per se. It's for the merchandise, but we could always use it for forum graphics in the future.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aqua_crystal (Post 2369008)
Can we use Ayumi's Japanese name in the logo?? Or even just "Ayu"?

No, you can't use Ayu's name as per cafepress rules. And just to be safe, I'd stay clear of "Ayu" too. It's a helluva shame, I know. : /

Quote:

Originally Posted by lividlillies (Post 2374149)
^ To add onto that, would one version of her name be safer than another? Ayu releases everything under "浜崎あゆみ", so would "浜崎歩" be a safer option? (Though she does write her name like that occasionally.)

Well, if you wrote 浜崎歩 it wouldn't really be true to her name and would sort of defeat the purpose. I'd actually stay clear of her name in Japanese more than her romaji one, since that's the one Avex would probably search for first (if they did).

BTW, if you guys have any further questions that you feel need to be answered in quick time (for example, no one in this thread has answered it yet), PM me, as I know more about CafePress and our site with them than the other mods.

zoomzoom 22nd June 2010 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugarbasil (Post 2398263)
Oh, crap, you're right. :tired I forgot the deadline was coming up. We should probably send out some reminders or something...

How are people doing? Do people need more time? I haven't even started my entry.... >_<

I know, it crept up on me too! I've thrown some ideas around but haven't finished anything yet. :doh

As the deadline gets really close I know I'll get it finished though, I just need that deadline breathing down my neck to get things done, lol :laugh I guess a lot of other people are the same way, though I have no idea how many have entered so far. I think 2 months is a fair enough time period though, unless hardly anyone entered. But like I said, I would expect a lot of entries coming in last minute.

AHS Staff 22nd June 2010 06:18 AM

Just a reminder to everyone that the deadline for the contest is in 5 days!

AHS Staff 27th June 2010 07:43 AM

The deadline is tomorrow guys. Currently we have 11 entries. Please continue to submit!

Kagome25 30th June 2010 06:39 AM

I will have mine turned in by 24 hrs from this post! and before the five day we have left!When will we know its decided who won?