Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   NEW CONTEST: Design the new AHS logo! (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100677)

y_nathz 2nd May 2010 07:41 AM

This idea is amazing but I don't think I'm joining this it's so hard..

Picaflor 7/4 2nd May 2010 01:12 PM

If i was in college right now and i was more experienced with logo and graphic design, this probably wouldn't be so hard for me hehe.

cerbercus 3rd May 2010 03:51 PM

Next Leveller - this isn't an attack at you, but I feel I should input my two cents!

I'm a working professional illustrator/designer/photographer, and understand all the plagiarism stuff. It's a pain, but completely understandable.

However, let me put it this way - you joined the site because you were an Ayu fan, right?

If you're creative, I'm assuming you'd done artwork/designs based on Ayu, right?

What I don't understand is why you don't consider this a prize.

I think it would be an honour, to create a logo for a website that offers you so much, and for them to consider your work to be good enough to visually represent what it is they do. I've sold my work plenty of times before, and also given the rights to my work away for free, because I think if the cause is good enough, then I'm more than happy to know that my work is being used for something good.

Also, the thousands of members on here, could look at the logo and think "Wow, that's cool" - a thousand people thinking that about something I've done is pretty good payment in my eyes.

Empry 6th May 2010 08:49 AM

Just wondering... do we have to include the words 'AHS' or 'Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai' or both in the logo?

zoomzoom 6th May 2010 07:13 PM

It's really up to you, as long as you look at it and instantly recognize it as AHS.

I would say though, if you create a wordmark, meaning a logo that is text, obviously you won't have to add text. But if you create an actual logo, some kind of symbol or shape, yea you would have to put AHS somewhere.

toniayu 8th May 2010 08:14 AM

can i make the design of the logo in drawing?

Picaflor 7/4 9th May 2010 01:27 AM

man, this is hard. x.x this probably would be easier if I had more experience.

are we allowed to submit it as a transparent image?

NeK Hamasaki 10th May 2010 04:18 PM

Quote:

• The winner will not receive any reimbursement or commission for use of their image.
• The winning entry will be the complete possession of AHS to be used as desired for current and future products.

Prize
• The winner’s entry will be used on all products at the AHS CafePress Shop.
Really??
That's INSANE.

Yuukiru Imai 10th May 2010 05:26 PM

the winner prize will get all product on http://www.cafepress.com/ ?? :O

Polyrhythm 14th May 2010 05:44 AM

Hi i need to ask a question. On the Cafe Press page it says
Quote:

NO use of names, logos, pictures or other intellectual property of musical groups or musical artists. For example, you cannot make Britney Spears merchandise simply because you run a fan-based Britney Spears website or just because you downloaded her image from an internet website. You also cannot modify the name or other intellectual property of a musical group and avoid infringement, (e.g., using Metalika instead of Metallica).
If I put the phrase "Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai" in my logo, is that against the rules? I made 2 versions of my entry, one with Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai and one with just AHS. Would I have to change my design?

sugarbasil 15th May 2010 08:30 PM

^^That is...a very good question. O_O I don't have an answer. I'll bring it up with the other mods.

I feel like because she's a foreign artist we could probably get away with it, but I don't know how big of a risk that is...

At the very least, you can for sure write "AHS." At least we can do that and it's recognizable. :)

zoomzoom 15th May 2010 08:54 PM

^Yea I was gonna say the same thing, there's probably not a very big chance of them catching ayu's name, but just to be on the safe side it may be best to only include "AHS" and not her name. Should someone miss this and still include "ayumi hamasaki" and be the winner, we can still have it modified. I doubt someone can integrate something as long as "ayumi hamasaki sekai' into a well working logo. :laugh

Polyrhythm 15th May 2010 09:55 PM

Ah thanks for the answer. I'll submit my entry soon.

AyumiBest 19th May 2010 10:11 AM

Does the logo have to be colored?

sugarbasil 19th May 2010 11:17 PM

^^Naw, it can be in black and white. :)

ストロボ・EdGE 23rd May 2010 05:52 AM

I'm excited to see what everyone comes up with~

AHS Staff 25th May 2010 08:52 PM

There have already been a few submissions and the staff is very excited. Please continue to do your best and submit, everyone!

Also, because the staff is currently unsure if CafePress will allow "Ayumi Hamasaki" to be included in the image, please do not include the words "Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai" for the time being. Using the letters "AHS" is completely fine. If you wish, you may submit an image including those words and a version without them just in case. However, they must be the same base image. In other words, you can not submit two completely different images, one saying "Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai" and the other without those words.

aqua_crystal 26th May 2010 09:29 PM

Can we use Ayumi's Japanese name in the logo?? Or even just "Ayu"?

lividlillies 31st May 2010 02:51 AM

^ To add onto that, would one version of her name be safer than another? Ayu releases everything under "浜崎あゆみ", so would "浜崎歩" be a safer option? (Though she does write her name like that occasionally.)

asmAyumi1992 12th June 2010 05:01 PM

I changed my mind! I'll try my best to participate this. I'm working on it now :)