Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   FAQ, Tech Support, and Guidelines (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   AHS can't be accessed via handphone (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119867)

KarenPang 3rd April 2014 01:34 PM

AHS can't be accessed via handphone

I'm not able to access AHS via my handphone but I'm able to do so via my laptop using Internet Explorer

When I accessed AHS via my phone today , it didn't direct me to AHS but instead it directed me to some website that claims the server domain was not paid

While I can access AHS via my laptop , my friend on here can't access AHS using via her laptop (she tried using Firefox but to no avail) and/or handphone :x

owlflight 3rd April 2014 04:21 PM

Glad I wasn't the only one with this issue. I managed to get through on my iPhone but I don't know how long it will last.

orangeakira 3rd April 2014 05:49 PM

Yeah me too. I have to google "ahs forum" and then click on the link to get here. When I click on my bookmark tab, or type it in the address bar I get redirected

blackmage 3rd April 2014 11:19 PM

So I'm not the only one. Been having that problem too but with my PC, I get redirected to a godaddy.com page and finally tried googling and now I can get on. However, on my macbook I have no issues... strange.

KarenPang 3rd April 2014 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackmage (Post 3069442)
So I'm not the only one. Been having that problem too but with my PC, I get redirected to a godaddy.com page and finally tried googling and now I can get on. However, on my macbook I have no issues... strange.

yeah it's really weird :confused

I still can't access AHS via my phone but I'm able to do so using my computer which's so odd

I wonder what's going on

AyuGAME 4th April 2014 03:02 AM

Finally i can get into...

i think the problem is the domain expired???

Bigtop 4th April 2014 04:38 AM

Yeah, I'm kind of wondering why...who owns the domain?

truehappiness 4th April 2014 06:22 AM

Seems that the issue was not with the domain name but some kind of bad redirect.

Delicious n Bold 4th April 2014 07:03 AM

I wasn't able to access the from from any device for a fee hours and I thought it was gone or something.
But I'm glad that that's not the case.

Yoake 4th April 2014 07:53 AM

I got the same problem yesterday. I wasn't able access to AHS with my laptop and my notebook. Glad to see that the problem is solved. :)

kinix 4th April 2014 09:25 AM

Glad that it's back =) would be pretty sad if ahs is gone =(

Minttulatte 4th April 2014 12:37 PM

I couldn't access this forum no matter what device I tried to use. It was scary. Luckily it's back online now. <3

NintendoHTF1242 4th April 2014 03:07 PM

Oh Lordy I thought AHS was gone forever. Was gonna cry cause we wouldn't be able to get proper notification as to what happened.

kinix 5th April 2014 06:52 AM

It's back again =D
Was so sad to see the bye bye picture this morning.... hope everything is stable now...
though is there any explanation for all these drama?

adantatu2 5th April 2014 06:57 AM

Does this site have a twitter or facebook account ??

Maemi 5th April 2014 07:39 AM

^ I think it has a twitter, but I don't have the link

sesshy 5th April 2014 08:48 AM

Yeah, I also got redirected to saveAHS page. I don't even know anymore lol.

Zemus 5th April 2014 08:52 AM

To be honest, I've got no clue what's going on. Glad it's back for now though. :)

tsumekaze_ 5th April 2014 10:17 AM

what is going on? the bye bye page? saveAHS? can someone explain?!

Minttulatte 5th April 2014 11:36 AM

And it did it to me again. I also noticed that I can access the forum quite well by using a computer but the saveahs.tumblr.com appears to me the moment I try the same with my iPad. What the heck is going on? o_O

aqua_crystal 5th April 2014 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NintendoHTF1242 (Post 3069515)
Oh Lordy I thought AHS was gone forever. Was gonna cry cause we wouldn't be able to get proper notification as to what happened.

Oh man, me too. Saddest thing was, the adorable farewell page was so darn convincing. Glad to see AHS is still around though!

Chibi-Chan 5th April 2014 12:23 PM

I was so shocked!!! What was happening?

KarenPang 5th April 2014 01:10 PM

now I can't see everyone's avater picture , mine included oO . Even some of the Smilies are not being displayed at my end too

Chibi-Chan 5th April 2014 01:55 PM

mh, and I can see some avatars and some not... strange

Αyumi 5th April 2014 05:44 PM

Hi there,

It's hard to give a lot of information right now, but we are trying very hard to revive AHS and its old content. I'm sorry for not being able to provide with more information at the moment.

The mobile site might not be accessible right now, as well as some features such as images hosted on the domain etc.

Sorry for not being very helpful.. at least I hope this post helps in SOME way. T_T

panda♥ 6th April 2014 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenPang (Post 3069587)
now I can't see everyone's avater picture , mine included oO . Even some of the Smilies are not being displayed at my end too

as long as AHS is back idc about smiles of avatars. T_T

was seriously convinced AHS was gone forever... seems to have been a domain issue, but what was with the bai bai page? hoping a mode or admin can give us answers. :/

owlflight 6th April 2014 12:22 PM

Happy to see AHS back. Definitely curious to learn what the issue was. Hopefully no more crazy redirect pages!

tsumekaze_ 6th April 2014 12:35 PM

OMG AHS IS BACK *CRIES* WHAT HAPPENED. I thought someone hacked it. god, I was scared it was gone for good.

Surreal17 6th April 2014 01:08 PM

Glad to see everyone back once again!

Livey~ 6th April 2014 01:15 PM

I was so worried.. :no

Αyumi 6th April 2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsumekaze_ (Post 3069628)
OMG AHS IS BACK *CRIES* WHAT HAPPENED. I thought someone hacked it. god, I was scared it was gone for good.

It was definitely not hacked, so don't worry about that.

tsumekaze_ 6th April 2014 01:17 PM

^ ç_ç I'm very happy, thank you

MiiSan 6th April 2014 01:34 PM

I also thought it was gone for good. Glad to see it back though

kinix 6th April 2014 01:36 PM

So no one knows who owns this site? I think it's Zef rite? did he mention anything or did the mods hear anything from him?

Αyumi 6th April 2014 01:37 PM

Sorry for not being able to do much more right now. I have no control of the server(s) hosting the files and forum software, only the domain.

I am guessing the avatars won't display properly because of an issue with the server where the images are hosted. Unfortunately I only have access to the domain itself, so I can't do anything about the images. :<

Dunno how many/if any of the administrators here have any kind of server access, but if you do, please drop me an e-mail: naijca AT gmail dot com

freedreamer 6th April 2014 01:41 PM

THANKS FOR MAINTAINING AHS omg..this forum has been part of daily life for the past 9 years ><

AyuHamasaki01 6th April 2014 01:44 PM

^So true :laugh

I'm glad it's back and I hope all problems are gone now. I thought the site was hacked or something because when I tried to log in it took me to tumblr and a message popped up saying AHS was gone but someone owned the domain and asking what to do with the domain.

Then earlier today I got a message saying that the site was unavailable at the moment but now it finally works for me.

truehappiness 6th April 2014 01:45 PM

Good to see that it is back! But what was with the baibai splash page?

tokyoxjapanxfan 6th April 2014 02:16 PM

I'm really curious as to what happened and hope to have some clarification.

Even if it wasn't anything malicious, there are so many questions as to what just happened lol.

I was really scared that AHS was gone for good. :( The fact that I have visited AHS nearly everyday for the past (almost) 10 years is crazy. It really made me realize just how great this community is, and also that if it were to go away, I'd feel a little lost! As Ayu (and Jpop) is no longer in her heyday, finding similar communities is almost impossible.

channy 6th April 2014 02:16 PM

Server problems are a common problem, nothing unusual. I for one am more appalled by the fact that our admins/mods don't bother with their obligation of maintaining the forum anymore. Did anyone of them show up yet? Neither of them seems to be capable of letting us at least know what's the matter of this ongoing mess.

Mai82Go 6th April 2014 02:27 PM

Yes, AHS is BACK! I thought it was gone for good!:shakehead

Ayufan11 6th April 2014 02:48 PM

I hope it doesn't disappear! I have also been visiting this site on a weekly basis for the last ten years!! :\. I would be lost as to where to know whats going on with all my fav jpop and upcoming jpop artists, and of course Ayu. This makes me nervous. :x

Earth_maiden 6th April 2014 02:49 PM

You don't realize how weird it is not to visit AHS every day until you can longer do so. I hope it stays this time! :yes

Minttulatte 6th April 2014 03:00 PM

Yey, forum is back online. Damn I was so scared that it's gone. I also hope someone will come and tell us what the heck was going on because those redirect links and all that just felt so weird. :/

AyuGAME 6th April 2014 03:37 PM

Thanks God!!! AHS is back, i miss it so much...it will very sad if AHS is gone...

i believe someone hacked this site?

clover_bali 6th April 2014 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adantatu2 (Post 3069572)
Does this site have a twitter or facebook account ??

@ahsforum

douggn 6th April 2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clover_bali (Post 3069670)
@ahsforum

It does, https://twitter.com/HamasakiSekai

Thank god its back :P

Quote:

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai ‏@HamasakiSekai 2h
It seems that the forum is currently running on a backup, which might explain why the avatars and other images are missing.

douggn 6th April 2014 04:12 PM

A email from Ayu Sekai
saveahsekai@gmail.com

Quote:

Hi everyone!

IMPORTANT: Please tweet at me if you were an admin or a person with access to the servers hosting the AHS files, or any kind of privilege that could help me restore certain settings.

If I'm lucky, all I need is the right DNS settings for the server to make the domain work again. HOPEFULLY that is the only problem right now.

You can find me here, I'll be tweeting updates and answer questions/inquiries: https://twitter.com/HamasakiSekai

P.S. I will respond privately to some of you, since you mentioned having certain skills that could help me even more with the whole ordeal, so please stay patient!
----

Long story here:

To those asking why AHS was taken down so sudden, I don't know, but let's not blame anyone for it. Rather, I might be able to set up the old forum again, but I am currently waiting on an answer from someone who has to give me certain information to make it work.. As you will notice, the forums aren't accessible right now, and I can't do anything about it until I get a response from said person, since I have no control over the actual servers/forum, only the domain and its settings.

Obviously, getting the old forum and its data back is the best thing to do, so I will try my best to make it happen. It is frustrating that I depend on someone else (at the moment) to set it back up again, so please bear with me while I try my best to be patient. I've had a HUGE response from many people, and it's obvious that no one wants to see AHS go.

Neither do I!

If it all ends up as a lost case, we no longer have the old forum (but I am staying positive). The only option then would be to start over. Unfortunately, a vBulletin license are expensive (250 USD), so we might have to settle with a free forum software.

It's hard to say right now what happens. Please keep refreshing the old URL every day in case it comes back up! And also please check the Twitter often.

Thank you to everyone who has replied with suggestions and advice, I really appreciate it. <3

(To those asking: I saved the domain because I noticed it was already expired, so it is not in my fault. This means I have no clue about the "byebye" page, as it was not done by me, but someone with server/host access.)

Again, I have created a Twitter account for an easy way to message with me and other members,

The URL is: https://twitter.com/HamasakiSekai

Thank you! Sorry for any inconvenience.

AyuHamasaki01 6th April 2014 04:28 PM

I got the same email.

Beauty4123 6th April 2014 04:41 PM

I'm very happy to see that AHS is back! I had no idea what was happening all this time. I really thought that the forum might be gone for good. :( But thankfully that's not the case & hopefully everything will get a bit back to normal soon. :)

ohsixthirty 6th April 2014 05:43 PM

I'm glad the forum is back up! I don't visit here like I used to, but having it disappear suddenly and worrying that it might be permanent made me realize how comforting this place is. Even though I don't post as often and don't visit every day, this is still where I get the majority of my Ayu info.

I hope the site stays up!

Zef owns the site still right? I don't get why they splash page and tumblr redirect and all that.

MeltingCORE 6th April 2014 06:00 PM

So glad I found this - was wondering if it was just my internet connection. Glad the site seems safe (for now). :)

koumori 6th April 2014 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by channy (Post 3069653)
I for one am more appalled by the fact that our admins/mods don't bother with their obligation of maintaining the forum anymore. Did anyone of them show up yet? Neither of them seems to be capable of letting us at least know what's the matter of this ongoing mess.

Maintaining the forum is left to two administrators who have chosen to keep that responsibility to themselves. The moderators have as much power and/or knowledge in this situation as the rest of the AHS members.

Αyumi 6th April 2014 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koumori (Post 3069698)

Maintaining the forum is left to two administrators who have chosen to keep that responsibility to themselves. The moderators have as much power and/or knowledge in this situation as the rest of the AHS members.

What he/she said.

Please don't blame anyone for what happened and might happen. It is obvious that the forum staff care a lot, or else they wouldn't bother moderating the boards in the first place. :3

--

Aside from the avatars not showing, do you guys see anything else broken? Someone mentioned not all forum sections showing.

koumori 6th April 2014 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Αyumi (Post 3069701)
Aside from the avatars not showing, do you guys see anything else broken? Someone mentioned not all forum sections showing.

All the forum sections seem to be showing for me. I'm trying to contact those that have server access so hopefully we can set up some sort of stability.

If you'd like to discuss reimbursement for the domain purchase, let me know. I didn't catch the message until too late.

tsumekaze_ 6th April 2014 06:28 PM

everything shows up just fine for me except avatars as already mentioned~

kinix 6th April 2014 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koumori (Post 3069698)

So the connection between the owner and the mods have been disconnected? That is kinda sad to hear but keep up the good work. I know how hard it is to maintain a forum esp the dramatic AHS lol...
I've seen previous efforts by Zef and others trying to keep AHS sociable on twitter and fb but it kinda doesn't work out much.

If there's a need to collect funds to maintain the forum, do let us the members know about it. I'm sure there will be a few members who are willing to fork out some amt fo the forum.

NintendoHTF1242 6th April 2014 08:02 PM

When I saw the Farewell page, I honest to God thought it was an April Fool's prank lol

orangeakira 6th April 2014 08:06 PM

People are acting like its back for good. The site's been going in and out for a few days now. The forum is up now. Right now. We need to act. Everything is right here. It's not like you came home and found out your house was broken into and everything was stolen and you had no idea. We know right now we might lose the forum and certain people have the ability to save it. We need to do something.

ayu-michan 6th April 2014 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NintendoHTF1242 (Post 3069712)
When I saw the Farewell page, I honest to God thought it was an April Fool's prank lol

Me too lol. The first time I noticed something was off was when it redirected me to a Go Daddy page, then things really went bad a day later and I was just freaking out. This forum is really part of my daily life already, believe it or not I would be devastated if AHS is gone. Now as I can not do anything to save it in the moment, but for those that have the ability to, I just wish y'all the best omg you don't know how crazy I went and some people splattered bs about how there are different sites too not just ahs they don't understand our forum has drama but it's like the biggest ayu community ever for us foreign fans and I cherish it so much

owlflight 6th April 2014 08:50 PM

I would love to help but I have minimal website/forum tech skills. I do however have a ton of music files for Ayu and Ayaka if needed! Would need a bit of help with uploading if we need to rebuild the download section.

Sandy 6th April 2014 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangeakira (Post 3069714)
People are acting like its back for good. The site's been going in and out for a few days now. The forum is up now. Right now. We need to act. Everything is right here. It's not like you came home and found out your house was broken into and everything was stolen and you had no idea. We know right now we might lose the forum and certain people have the ability to save it. We need to do something.

^I agree!

I'veen posting round FB in pretty much every AYu fansite I can find to come to AFP so as many AHS members as possible would be together. So if/when the sit goes to the North Pole again, we'd all know where to find each other. I really do recommend people to join AFP - for me, it's like a "back-up".

I'm ready to give donations too, if needed. This site means so much for me I'm ready to fight for it. Even if we need to rebuild it.

Violently Happy 6th April 2014 09:25 PM

I'm so happy AHS is back! I don't really post here as much, but like others have said it has become apart of my daily life! I hope it doesn't go away! >_<

toniayu 6th April 2014 09:47 PM

I'm glad AHS is back, even if I don't post too much this place is important for me. I'm wiling to help if needed.

ayu-michan 6th April 2014 10:02 PM

@Sandy I'm on AFP now :) takes a while to navigate around I guess, also lol I prefer AHS colors but this site seems quite good, thanks!

koumori 6th April 2014 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangeakira (Post 3069714)

At the moment, the domain is safe thanks to the AHS member "Ayumi" and the forum is restored as best as it can be without the help of the server admins. Doing our best to get in touch with them to see what else we can do to maintain stability. :)

truehappiness 6th April 2014 11:07 PM

So what happened was...

1) Domain expired a few days ago
2) Ayumi rescued the domain when the GoDaddy page was up
3) Somehow someone else with access was able to put up the "Firefox"/Vulpix Farewell image with 2014 Farewell AHS (not related to Ayumi)
4) That splash image disappeared and Ayumi made the SaveAHS Tumblr page to let people know what was going on via redirect
5) The SaveAHS Tumblr disappeared, the site was 'unavailable' temporarily
6) The site is up and running right now

We should probably stick another page at http://www.ahsforum.com so the index isn't floating there.

bulmasman 6th April 2014 11:29 PM

I've dropped Ayumi an email, hoping to get as much as much of this sorted as possible when I can.

Minttulatte 6th April 2014 11:34 PM

So this forum is a backup version? I hope it doesn't crash suddenly because it wouldn't be nice at all. So I hope someone will be able to connect with server admins to get this place fixed for good so it won't go down again.

And I will join that Ayu fan party forum too. Forum looked quite nice. :)

pheonixflame15 7th April 2014 12:02 AM

I've joined the ayu fan party page and it's a nice forum

Bigtop 7th April 2014 01:57 AM

Finally! AHS is back, but surely, the future is still uncertain...

Right now I haven't joined the Ayu Fan Party forum yet. I've got school to do, and I'm not sure if I really want the burden of having two Ayu forums at a time I'll be busy with calculus and chemistry... (not to mention I'm on STAGE48 as well, which just recently got updated, but with the fact that AKB48 and related is quite massive, it's already time-consuming, even with the new software; also the fact that my interest in Ayu isn't as high as, say, seven years ago)

I might still be thinking about it sometime down the road, but I'll stick with AHS until something suddenly happens and probably hold off talking Ayu Fan Party until school's out for summer.

CoriKaru 7th April 2014 02:15 AM

I thought Zemus had a break and just shut it all down. Then I thought it was an April's Fools Joke that came late and lasted too long.

Then when I saw Vulpix trolling BaiBai.......thought I got banned. ( '_')

It took me to godaddy, tumblr, blank screens, disco balls, and offers to buy.

Today it came back though.

adantatu2 7th April 2014 03:12 AM

^You know you did bad things when you thought you were banned right ? XD
I'm glad the site is back, I even enter to jpopcentral as my 2nd option

Sandy 7th April 2014 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigtop (Post 3069761)
Right now I haven't joined the Ayu Fan Party forum yet. I've got school to do, and I'm not sure if I really want the burden of having two Ayu forums at a time I'll be busy with calculus and chemistry..

Well, the reason I sugested AFP to people here is b/c in case AHS disappears again, members would find each other from there. So please bookmark AFP as a "back-up" - me, tasking, Yoake and many others are there. We don't want anyone to be left in the dark and alone without an Ayu forum Everyone should have a place to got to. For me, having an Ayu forum, visiting it is as important as eating and breathing. It's a daily routine I'm so not giving up.

bluegie 7th April 2014 12:17 PM

ah I'm glad I can access the page. I've been visiting AHS almost everyday since 11 yrs ago. Even my bro who dun visit the forum that often was shocked when it was "gone". Thanks ayumi for saving the forum at this moment.

kendelle 8th April 2014 02:02 PM

I'd hate to see AHS disappear..........I've been here for so many years *___*

Is this the time where we all suggest again that a big portion of the active members would be more than happy to contribute to a license/server renewal in the future? I know it's a no-go subject, but I'd be happy to donate to know AHS lives and don't think there would be any need for "perks" in exchange.................rather than lose it forever, ya know?

ohsixthirty 8th April 2014 02:46 PM

Wait...did Ayumi rescue AHS or steal it?

truehappiness 8th April 2014 03:55 PM

She rescued the domain when it apparently expired a few days ago. Basically it was up for grabs for about a day and she saved it.

channy 8th April 2014 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohsixthirty (Post 3070116)
Wait...did Ayumi rescue AHS or steal it?

I wonder that, too.

Another question: Where is Zef? Why would he let the domain registration expire? I'm still irritated by the whole situation. AHS appears like a deserted village no one really takes care of anymore.

We have to gather at a certain time and place, if needed with dung forks and torches. We should not put up with this abstruse condition for much longer.

Delicious n Bold 8th April 2014 06:16 PM

^ I was thinking about ZeF too, when the forum just stopped working when it went through its godaddy phase. It really made me question if any of the higher-ups really cared anymore. Or, if they just forgot and whatnot. Could be a bit of both: they don't care SO they forgot.

Minttulatte 8th April 2014 06:21 PM

It's so interesting that some people call "saving the forum" stealing. I seriously can't feel nothing but gratitude towards Ayumi for saving the forum. From what I have seen here, this forum is not stolen so I don't understand where this theory came from. :p

ohsixthirty 8th April 2014 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 3070133)
She rescued the domain when it apparently expired a few days ago. Basically it was up for grabs for about a day and she saved it.

Maybe whoever owned it before just forgot to pay on time and was going to come back to renew it? I just feel very apprehensive that someone who I've never even heard of now owns AHS. I don't want to see anything bad happen to AHS.

For such a large forum everything just seems (and has seemed for a long time) so haphazard and mysterious...

Bigtop 9th April 2014 12:41 AM

Whoa...ZeF? Who is he/she? And what is really going on involving ZeF...did he/she leave AHS or something???

orangeakira 9th April 2014 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigtop (Post 3070231)
Whoa...ZeF? Who is he/she? And what is really going on involving ZeF...did he/she leave AHS or something???

zef (he) is one of the founders of ahs.

koumori 9th April 2014 01:24 AM

There seems to be a lot of confusion going on at the moment. I'll try and clear some of this up. It's sort of a mess right now behind the scenes for the moderators as well, so don't feel we're ignoring this topic on purpose. We're hard at work figuring out how to go forward and ensure this doesn't happen again.

Zef is the founder of AHS and he has been in and out of the community since 1999. Alongside another administrator, he naturally had the server domain details and has insisted on keeping it under his attendance. This wasn't questioned by anyone as it seems a good enough decision - too many cooks spoil the broth, and obviously too many people having access to our server and the payment of it makes AHS a little less secure, in theory.

However, due to circumstance, it seems Zef has decided to stop payment for the server. Our back-up administrator is unfortunately on a long break from most things online to concentrate on their career and wasn't around to see the server domain timer ticking down, hence why our domain name went publicly on sale without any warning. It was a surprise to the moderators as well.

Luckily, the AHS member Ayumi saw the message and bought the domain to save it and try and restore the forum. She has been in contact with the moderators about securing the domain for the future. Since restoring the forum back-up we have seen a few issues with avatars and the like; we need someone with actual server access to help us there, which is unfortunately limited to Zef and the other administrator, who we are currently trying to contact.

I hope this explains a little more as to what happened and to what we're trying to accomplish in the short-term to maintain stability. I hope everyone understands that for the sake of respecting the privacy of certain individuals, I won't go further into details on some topics - but questions are welcomed, and I'll answer if I can.

truehappiness 9th April 2014 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohsixthirty (Post 3070170)
Maybe whoever owned it before just forgot to pay on time and was going to come back to renew it? I just feel very apprehensive that someone who I've never even heard of now owns AHS. I don't want to see anything bad happen to AHS.

For such a large forum everything just seems (and has seemed for a long time) so haphazard and mysterious...

She's good. Longtime user/fan of Ayu and probably one of the best choices to have the domain while things are sorted out.

ohsixthirty 9th April 2014 03:32 AM

OK, well the last two posts made me feel much better! Thanks! I'm very happy AHS didn't vanish forever!

Minttulatte 9th April 2014 09:42 AM

Koumori's explanation was just as I had thought this whole deal might have happened. I hope moderators can get in touch with Zef and the other admin soon to solve this thing for good. :)

kinix 9th April 2014 11:03 AM

Thx for clearing things up Koumori ^^
So the main task is getting in touch with the 2 main person holding access to the server?
Is the payment for the server ending soon? >. < hopefully not as it might just wipeout the data once the contract ends.

kendelle 9th April 2014 12:29 PM

So Ayumi has in effect stabilised AHS in this form for a full year by purchasing ahsforum.com?

So our avatars may be lost and need re-uploading the forum itself is going to be stable in this condition for the next 12 months?

If anyone is in contact with Zef, I do hope that the stopped payment is an oversight and not the result of him being ill/unable to do it anymore. Please pass on our well wishes to him if you can :)

koumori 9th April 2014 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinix (Post 3070316)
Is the payment for the server ending soon? >. < hopefully not as it might just wipeout the data once the contract ends.

The server domain, as far as I know, is now secure since Ayumi paid for it.

TeamAyu2004 9th April 2014 02:48 PM

The only thing I want back is the icons...
I miss my Tay-Tay.

primavera♥ 9th April 2014 04:47 PM

I'm thankful for Ayumi saving everything.

Whoever made that farewell page seemed clear that they had no intention of bringing back the forum. So I'm glad ayumi bought the domain :)

kinix 9th April 2014 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by primavera♥ (Post 3070353)
I'm thankful for Ayumi saving everything.

Whoever made that farewell page seemed clear that they had no intention of bringing back the forum. So I'm glad ayumi bought the domain :)

Yea... the header was "~Farewell AHS 2014~"
someone definately doesn't want AHS to continue.

Αyumi 9th April 2014 07:03 PM

Hi again!

Thanks to those who cleared up some things for me (truehappiness/Koumori).

Since people have been wondering, I'll let you know that ZeF actually handed me the domain himself. I noticed it expired, and asked him about it.

It's on my account now, and I have no intentions of letting it expire again!

But in short, I only have access to the URL name, and not the actual forum software. :(
(Which means I cannot fix the avatar issue..)

I don't want to call myself owner. I want to make it clear that I believe the staff and moderators on AHS are what should be considered as owners.

The only reason I haven't handed the domain over, is because I don't actually know anyone enough to decide on where it would be safe from expiring.. I don't want the domain to die again, and if I can prevent it, I will do so. Because seeing how the downtime affected people made me sad.

If I could just take the whole forum and move it to a new server where it would be safe, I really would've done that already. But like I said.. no access, so no fix for now. :( Hopefully that can be done soon though!

Edit:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kendelle (Post 3070112)
I'd hate to see AHS disappear..........I've been here for so many years *___*

Is this the time where we all suggest again that a big portion of the active members would be more than happy to contribute to a license/server renewal in the future? I know it's a no-go subject, but I'd be happy to donate to know AHS lives and don't think there would be any need for "perks" in exchange.................rather than lose it forever, ya know?

Hi there! Money is no issue, the problem is getting access to the files and everything needed on the actual forum. I believe it's currently running on a backup (which is why the avatars are acting funky).

Really wish I could do more about the situation but I'm stuck right now. :/

AyuHamasaki01 9th April 2014 07:18 PM

^We all appreciate what you've done, really. So thank you. At least we have the forum back now :)

owlflight 9th April 2014 07:24 PM

I can live without my avatar for now. I'm just glad we have AHS again for where else can I get news about so many artists in one place. Thanks Ayumi!

untitled-for-her 9th April 2014 07:37 PM

I was so scared about the loss of AHS. Thank you so much Ayumi!!!

Corybobory 9th April 2014 11:39 PM

Thanks Ayumi! We're grateful for your help. This is a special place with lots of people who care about it :)

tokyoxjapanxfan 10th April 2014 12:14 AM

Thank you for clearing up some of the info, and thank you Ayumi. :)