Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Chat-Room (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   What do you think of You & Me? (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114183)

tasking 13th July 2012 10:57 PM

What do you think of You & Me?

Wow, really wasn't expecting them to release the song this way - or this early. Considering how it's the only new song on the album, I know this was a big selling point for people; wonder how it'll effect the sales. I'm happy it turned out to be dancy/poppy, which is weird, because it's on Disc-N, right?

I also wonder how different it's gonna be from the version on the album since it's a "YouTube edit."

Andrenekoi 13th July 2012 11:02 PM

It's catchy and fun IMO, like her upbeat summer tracks tend to be... I like how lighthearted it sounds compared to almost everything she did since Sunrise, I like it's unpolished sound... overall I find it to be a strong track^^

DevilHunter_04 13th July 2012 11:08 PM

At first I thought it was gonna be a cute ballad on how it first started but once the music picked up it really drew me in. I still think the English is awkward tho.

ImpactBreaker 14th July 2012 01:23 AM

It sounded like it would sound awesome when it boosted up but the composition didn't help much.
The composition sounds like cliche recycled jpop, something picked from a rina aiuchi's songs b-sides junkyard. I mean that construction is so obviously common anime jpop, that I was sure I had heard this song many times before. With the dancy/electronic beats it ended up sounding like some "olympics or world cup advertisement" song, which equals "Tacky" for me.

Can't wait to listen to the album version though.

Delicious n Bold 14th July 2012 02:03 AM

After many listens (nearly 20):

-the chorus is crack
-the bit after the chorus is crack
-the verses are dryer than the desert
-the song dies at 3:18.

YUKARI 14th July 2012 02:33 AM

I like this song, I like the lyrics, I loooove the melody and her vocals. The arrangement a bit sucks to me, but still it's not that bad.

Tbh I don't like that this sounds like a song from 90s, but I will hope till the end that original mix will be different :laugh

Now, I can't wait for the PV. Something tells me that it's going to be great. And when I see it, I'll forget all the flaws the song has.

Hope she'll perform it on TV.

Andrenekoi 14th July 2012 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YUKARI (Post 2883531)
I like this song, I like the lyrics, I loooove the melody and her vocals. The arrangement a bit sucks to me, but still it's not that bad.

Tbh I don't like that this sounds like a song from 90s, but I will hope till the end that original mix will be different :laugh

Now, I can't wait for the PV. Something tells me that it's going to be great. And when I see it, I'll forget all the flaws the song has.

Hope she'll perform it on TV.

This IS the original mix, there's no different mix so far, just a album edit, what most likelly means it will be longer, on the same way singles tend to have shorter radio edits to fit radio's schedules

TeamAyu2004 14th July 2012 04:22 AM

love love LOVE this song....
Not as good as some of her older fast tracks (evolution, unite, connect) but what can we expected 10 years later.

jiarongisme 14th July 2012 04:28 AM

From the official news thread: Not too excited about this. It's a very typical TK track from recent times. You can give it to AAA and it'd still work imo. Unlike Love songs where the tracks are pretty different and experimental. I think it will grow on me though. Still feeling pretty neutral about it.

jbrat2219 14th July 2012 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiarongisme (Post 2883562)
From the official news thread: Not too excited about this. It's a very typical TK track from recent times. You can give it to AAA and it'd still work imo. Unlike Love songs where the tracks are pretty different and experimental. I think it will grow on me though. Still feeling pretty neutral about it.

I agree. It doesn't sound uniquely ayu. It's definitely catchy and it isn't bad but it might take some listens to grow on me.

Kazeyomi 14th July 2012 04:36 AM

Ok, I've listenened to this song almost 30 times lol.
At first I was meh, but then I realized it's not that bad! Not her best summer song, but it's not that crap neither.

It still sound like a generic TRF song to me and I'm still disappointed it's from the same TK who made many epic songs in Love songs (like November). But it's still enjoyable and upbeat.

So, I'm ok with this lol.

perfectodub 14th July 2012 05:02 AM

tetsuya is one of my favorites composers, this song is better than any track on LOVE SONGS album. im a dance/techno guy ...so this kind of track are just made for me.
10 stars,,and better than any other summer songs

Calico 14th July 2012 05:05 AM

Works for me. But now I'm waiting for official news to come out that somebody else than TK wrote it so everyone can lose it. :laugh

Andrenekoi 14th July 2012 05:09 AM

TK just composed melodies for Love Songs, the only track he fully produced for the whole album was crossroad. Ayu even said originally most of the tracks were dance tracks, but she and her producers rearranged them as ballads.

zellyx 14th July 2012 05:11 AM

I was like:

?? ballad...

then wait, trance??

Catchy! I like it! Though.... does sound dated for some reason. Her vocals do sound good.. I can't decide what it is that makes it sound dated. I think it's the trance-y background; makes it sound like a typical jpop anime theme song track. I do love the "woah woah woahs"

I believe this isn't fully mastered since it's only a youtube edit.

BluishDays 14th July 2012 05:30 AM

It's different than what I expected, which isn't a bad thing ^-^ It's quite good actually ~ I like it

jewelbox 14th July 2012 06:47 AM

Idk yet

emi♡ 14th July 2012 07:06 AM

I don't think it's great. I don't care for the composition. I don't care for these kinds of compositions in general.

Different and interesting, sure. But they lack the power, simple beauty, and catchiness that I love.

But, it's not bad. And it seems sweet. I feel like it's a nice time for this kind of song.

Should probably give it a few more listens. It might grow on me. I feel like it's a song I'll appreciate, but never love. But who knows.

Listened again. I like the little coming down parts. But no...I dont care for the composition, but it owns the arrangement...I don't find it catchy in the way of, something I would be wanting to have in my head all day, and sing whenever it comes on.

The vocals kinda remind me of old ayu. But that's it.

I'd love to hear what an acoustic version would sound like.

love in music 14th July 2012 07:34 AM

So the chorus is great and catchy and that's really the only part I like about it. Maybe the full version will be better and that ayu spark I feel is missing will be there. I sure hope so.

isthisLOL? 14th July 2012 07:40 AM

It's catchy but easily one of her worst tracks to me. Sounds tacky and cheap.