Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New song 'We are the QUEENS' scheduled for September 30th release (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123172)

EndOfTheWorld 15th September 2016 07:37 AM

I see what Zeke is saying.
It makes sense to me,sort of.:laugh
Two kinds of queens. The kind from the game and a queen of racing. But it just isn't at all obvious. Maybe it is because we do not live in Japan so we don't get it. At least the visuals are nicely done.:thumbsup

Yagami Raito 15th September 2016 07:54 AM

This CM is just PERFECT and stunning!

For someone living in Japan (as I am) it makes sense... I mean a commercial playing on the "nonsense" of the scènes which makes it fun. There even oneof the soldier saying "Hey, that sounds wrong!" lol

jon_the_d 15th September 2016 08:51 AM

Since her English has improved so much I don't mind her using the odd line of English anymore... It used to make me wince, but still I don't really see the point.

The advert is a bit of fun, it works fine.

yamadashun 15th September 2016 08:52 AM

TBH, I was confused when I first watched the CM, wondering whether ayu is endorsing 2 games at the same time: a racing game and that of COQ and then both have a cross-over collaboration lol

orbitalaspect 15th September 2016 09:13 AM

I can't think this is a renewed vision for Ayu with her career, but it's so wonderful to see her not only doing a CM, but promoting a new song through a CM, and clearly enjoying her work on a CM for the first time in years.

I have missed this side of Ayu:

Yoake 15th September 2016 10:03 AM

The meaning behind the Race Queen is simple. They're calling to people to play and to become quickly the true queen of the game. As if it was a race. Who will be the best(= first place on the podium) Queen of the game?
Race Queen appears in the medieval setting and the speaker is saying "Clash of the Race Queen". That's why your assumption "Race of Queen vs Clash of Queens" that is based only on the first part of the ad, is wrong Zeke. It's not an opposition but the same Queen. ;)

!Lawi! 15th September 2016 10:14 AM

Ayuangel tweeted the 15sec CM, I'm surprised it hasn't shown up on this thread! (I might have missed it!)

I'm not impressed at all with the song so far, not that it's bad, but it's nothing special to me. But then again, that's what I thought about Wake me up when we first got the CM and it turned out to be my favourite song on LOVE again!

tenshi no hane 15th September 2016 10:29 AM

These types of songs are never really my favorite, but it is nice. Glad we're getting new material. And it's nice to see her in an elaborate commercial again~

~

The lyrics, if anyone's interested:

Yes, we are the queens
倒れたなら
強く立ち上げればいい

Yes, we are the queens,
if we fall down,
we should just get back up, strongly

rainbow_smile 15th September 2016 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !Lawi! (Post 3215062)
Ayuangel tweeted the 15sec CM, I'm surprised it hasn't shown up on this thread! (I might have missed it!)

I'm not impressed at all with the song so far, not that it's bad, but it's nothing special to me. But then again, that's what I thought about Wake me up when we first got the CM and it turned out to be my favourite song on LOVE again!

There's an even longer CM in the "Clash of Queens" thread in the "Ayu Celebrity News" forum :)

But I think it'd be nice to add it to the first post because it has the song preview, so it's quite relevant.

//ABEST 15th September 2016 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !Lawi! (Post 3215062)
But then again, that's what I thought about Wake me up when we first got the CM and it turned out to be my favourite song on LOVE again!

OT but where did they use Wake me up? i can't remember!!

SEOHYUN 15th September 2016 10:44 AM

I'm feeling this.

Aderianu 15th September 2016 10:44 AM

I don't get what will be on 9/30. Digital song, video or what?

Quote:

Originally Posted by //ABEST (Post 3215067)
OT but where did they use Wake me up? i can't remember!!

(2012.11.17) Ever Life sports (Wake me up)

!Lawi! 15th September 2016 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbow_smile (Post 3215065)
There's an even longer CM in the "Clash of Queens" thread in the "Ayu Celebrity News" forum :)

But I think it'd be nice to add it to the first post because it has the song preview, so it's quite relevant.

My bad I missed that, I only checked the thread dedicated to the song!

After listening to the CM once more, I found the transition between the Japanese sentence and the second "Yes, we are the queens" quite rough, could it be that they copy-pasted the chorus?

rainbow_smile 15th September 2016 10:57 AM

30-second CM with a longer preview of the song:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aderianu (Post 3215069)
I don't get what will be on 9/30. Digital song, video or what?

(2012.11.17) Ever Life sports (Wake me up)

The lady in the TV report said "The new song is planned to be released on 9/30"

Chris85 15th September 2016 10:59 AM

She looks great and I love this CM.

Next_Level29 15th September 2016 10:59 AM

i have to stop repeating the cm ...

!Lawi! 15th September 2016 11:01 AM

^
^
Wow that is so soon!
I like it a bit better now, I do like my "Wowows" in an Ayu song :p

I must admit that it feels good to discover a song in a CM, reminds me of so many singles!

axmish87 15th September 2016 11:02 AM

I got T.M Revolution vibes from this song :-D
Love it and CM as well

freedreamer 15th September 2016 12:04 PM

The CGI is niceeee!! Reminds me of Namie's Hero PV HAHA!
Looking forward to the song :)

kendelle 15th September 2016 12:06 PM

I'm feeling the look and preview so far! I think Ayu looks fab!!

Oh man I'm already dreading Timmy in the live though lmfaoooooo