Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ARENA TOUR 2009 A ~NEXT LEVEL~ setlist and pictures [II] (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88753)

SunshineSlayer 5th May 2009 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayumisrael (Post 1928916)
I see, so it's possible for both ways.

Btw did the re-sale tickets number went up?

Oh for sure. I haven't been checking it daily but right now, for the Tokyo area shows only, there are 588 and that is with not all dates on sale yet. Also, any previous dates that have already passed are not counted anymore. So I would estimate that the total is at least somewhere around 2,000 tickets through the resale shops so far. The only way to know an accurate number though is if you watch the number every day and then adjust for the shows that have already gone past. Man do I wish I was living in Tokyo already. :( (I'm moving there next spring.)

ayumisrael 5th May 2009 02:42 AM

It's ok and acceptable to say that a song from the live is thought to be lip-synced for the live (and I also mentioned it earlier) I just don't think we should overly go through it like it's a serious "life or death" matter and keep posting about how that song is/thought to be lip-synced hehe.

I see, thank you :)

After the tour when a magazine or some sort of reporter thing (I don't remember where we get it from) that write about the tour and give the attendance number give the round number to the amount of people who went to see the tour? Or they write the overall number of the venues sits (even if they weren't filled)?

(for example like AT 08 had 250,000 attendancies and such).

waterballoon 5th May 2009 02:47 AM

I initially thought she would never lip-sync in this segment cos there's AUDIENCE. I mean AUDIENCE is like sort-of the song that I think would be kind of unforgivable if she lip-synced... ah whatever, my weird thoughts.

Anyway, I forgot to mention... the stage looks so awesome. So colorful and like shiny~

SunshineSlayer 5th May 2009 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayumisrael (Post 1928946)
After the tour when a magazine or some sort of reporter thing (I don't remember where we get it from) that write about the tour and give the attendance number give the round number to the amount of people who went to see the tour? Or they write the overall number of the venues sits (even if they weren't filled)?

(for example like AT 08 had 250,000 attendancies and such).

I would guess that they would only count the number of tickets sold for the tour, not number of people actually in the seats. I don't think they would be able to factor in the resale market accurately. Also, I'm sure many of the resale tickets are re-selling (mainly because the price is going so low) - its just an oddity that so many tickets are showing up there in the first place. So, even though we know that a relatively large chunk of people decided not to use their tickets, it might still get reported as 250,000+ anyways, because technically the tickets did sell in the first place. I wonder, if in addition to all the factors already mentioned for this, if the Angel's Song incident at PCDL might also play somewhat of a factor. Although its becoming more widely used, lip synching is still a bigger no-no in Japan than in most countries.

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterballoon (Post 1928952)
I initially thought she would never lip-sync in this segment cos there's AUDIENCE. I mean AUDIENCE is like sort-of the song that I think would be kind of unforgivable if she lip-synced... ah whatever, my weird thoughts.

The Japanese report said this about Audience: "this song was sung - it felt like she was out of breath and unlike the previous song (energize), you could hear her breathing."

truehappiness 5th May 2009 03:10 AM

Quote:

I wonder, if in addition to all the factors already mentioned for this, if the Angel's Song incident at PCDL might also play somewhat of a factor. Although its becoming more widely used, lip synching is still a bigger no-no in Japan than in most countries.
Probably not, since the CDL05-06 one was also really evident, and no one really paid any attention to it it seems (in Japan).

I still think the relatively close proximity that the album release date had to the start of the tour has something to do with it. I mean, people probably haven't absorbed the songs yet!

ayumisrael 5th May 2009 03:13 AM

Though NEXT LEVEL tour is longer (so the tickets might be around the 300,000-350,000 this time) so even if the re-sale tickets number reaches the number for example of 10,000 by the end of the tour it's like 340,000 (or 290,000 the least) attendancies and it's still more than every other tour she had.

I remember though that there were bigger discussions of other lip-synced songs (even before 2008) so was the ANGEL'S SONG such a big "first"?

SunshineSlayer 5th May 2009 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 1928985)
Probably not, since the CDL05-06 one was also really evident, and no one really paid any attention to it it seems (in Japan).

You're right, its probably not. Although, I think the Angel's Song one was a lot more blatant than Theme of A-Nation. Even I didn't notice Theme of A-Nation until someone else here posted about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayumisrael (Post 1928992)
I remember though that there were bigger discussions of other lip-synced songs (even before 2008) so was the ANGEL'S SONG such a big "first"?

Not the first, but by far the most obvious.

truehappiness 5th May 2009 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayumisrael (Post 1928992)

The first 'big' one was theme of a-nation '03, because it was so blatant and obvious that people just couldn't help pointing it out. Ugh. It was pretty much the exactly same thing that happened.. motsu -> mita vs. yasashii sugite vs. sugiru. I still think she sings for portions of the song leaving the chorus to be ipsynched or something.

I still don't think that the number of tickets that are available really matter that much, since it seems that the majority of the ones that aren't sold are in HUGE venues.

SunshineSlayer 5th May 2009 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 1928999)

I still don't think that the number of tickets that are available really matter that much, since it seems that the majority of the ones that aren't sold are in HUGE venues.

They are the same venues that she has always performed at (all between 9-16,000 seats; most are 9-10,000) - but yet other tours haven't had this same number of tickets (or anywhere even close to the number). So while I think that adding more dates has something to do with it, I think there are probably other more prominent factors. Also, since the website only covers Tokyo area tickets, we don't know how many are on the resale markets in other cities. We need to find like, Nagoya Ticket Company web site or something. :)

Luther10 5th May 2009 05:41 AM

The stage gives me that futuristic space vibe with all the bright colors and white undertone. If I am her costume desginer, I'll give her lots of neon colors costumes.. Solid colors don't really match, especially that red cheerld. outift. Imagine the same outift in shiny neon yellow, or neon orange, that would be awesome. The worst costume is still the ballad one, even the redesign looks bad. She needs a shiny silver dress in this section, and I'll go even further with chains wrap all around her to fit the hope & pain song...

jbrat2219 5th May 2009 06:06 AM

I love that stage!!! :D So bright and colorful! Really fits the theme of the album I think.

Meat Pao 5th May 2009 08:33 AM

I absolutely love the stage!!! So colorful *_*

And sorry for butting in into this lip-syncing thing but when I watched the video... I did felt like she was lipsyncing... maybe I'll be wrong but who knows :shrug

njanjayrp 5th May 2009 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 1928999)
The first 'big' one was theme of a-nation '03, because it was so blatant and obvious that people just couldn't help pointing it out. Ugh. It was pretty much the exactly same thing that happened.. motsu -> mita vs. yasashii sugite vs. sugiru. I still think she sings for portions of the song leaving the chorus to be ipsynched or something.

Me too. It might be possible that they simply use the backtrack which often contains a bit more than back vocals. I really find it amusing that people got the idea that she lip synced EnergizE by watching a LQ video recorded with the cell phone where you can't even hear the music properly not to mention her voice and breathing lol.
And it also seems that many would do everything just to prove that Ayu is constantly lip syncing something. I mean there is still absolutely no reason to suspect anything based on these 2 clips we saw. There are many other artists who use headsets and there are those great things called filters that make wonders. All the lip syncing talk is getting really old and annoying, it's ok at the times when it's obvious, but it seems to me that many people think she is doing it with almost every song.

I love the stage, the best one in years!!

edit: Plus even if someone actually went to see the show, without a SOLID proof, it all comes down to someone's word against someone else's. The only two performances that we have solid proof they were lip synced were the theme of a-nation '03 and Angel's Song (and perhaps Over) from CDLs. I don't think that "I can't hear her breathe" is a valid argument at all.

maikaru 5th May 2009 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njanjayrp (Post 1929358)
Me too. It might be possible that they simply use the backtrack which often contains a bit more than back vocals. I really find it amusing that people got the idea that she lip synced EnergizE by watching a LQ video recorded with the cell phone where you can't even hear the music properly not to mention her voice and breathing lol.

And it also seems that many would do everything just to prove that Ayu is constantly lip syncing something. I mean there is still absolutely no reason to suspect anything based on these 2 clips we saw. There are many other artists who use headsets and there are those great things called filters that make wonders. All the lip syncing talk is getting really old and annoying, it's ok at the times when it's obvious, but it seems to me that many people think she is doing it with almost every song.

I love the stage, the best one in years!!

Exactly!!!

Dont judge things based on low quality videos.

And I dont really understand how Audience vocals have anything to do with EnergizE vocals.
Audience is not composed for her vocal ability right now, Energize is.
So yeah.. why do we always have to bring up the lipsync topic?!
You didn't even see the concert yourself or have no clear proof visually.
And if those messages are from two channel, then I will laugh.
Why does the same people always bring it up? It's damn annoying all the time.
And when someone who went said that they thought it was live, you still cannot drop the issue??!
Like how many people does it take for them to say stop it until you finally do?

Anyways.

I think this tour became attractive when I could see all the stage in motion..
All the colours, and the vocals are good so far~~ from Rule and EnergizE.
I just wish she could change the dress for the ballads... T T

tokyoxjapanxfan 5th May 2009 12:07 PM

oh, i didnt want my opinion to come off as being the proof or anything... I mean there's definitely a chance that my excitement could have "interfered" with my judgement towards ayu's singing or what have you. I mean if tons of people are saying on blogs and such that she lip synced it, i'm not going to be the sole person to say she didn't haha.

From what I remember, I don't remember it being lip synced, but then again, if multiple people are saying that it was that attended the tour as well, who am I to say otherwise, right? ^_^

I'm going to the tour in October as well, so I can re-evaluate the situation haha :P

yamogi 5th May 2009 12:36 PM

The engerizE video sounds live to me(it's definitely different from CD), i can hear her almost being off key at the line "~koto ga ". And I dont think anyone will ever use playback like this(off key).

I really dont understand why people keeping talking the same topic over and over again. It's completely absurd to say that a singer was lipsyncing because she sang the song in tune or whatever.

And if you really know how to sing, you must know that audience is a much difficult song than EngerizE because of the high notes. And I have to say ayu is now no more good at hitting high note .

noidea 5th May 2009 01:43 PM

EnergizE would be different from CD even if she sang playback because she uses pre-recorded tracks, she's not Britney Spears after all xD
In her prerecorded tracks, only major flaws are corrected, there sometimes actually are off notes in them, because they ARE live recordings, just recorded in the studio and editing them as much as a studio recording would be really expensive and take the illusion of it being live.

The main reason people call EnergizE probably-playback is, that you do NOT hear any mic-noises, mic-noises are heard with low-quality recording devices such as mobile phone cameras, they are heard better than the singing most times and if you DO NOT hear them, it's most likely to be lipped(though there are songs without micsounds which are live, for example Trauma CDL0405, where she forgot her lyrics, but you use a different microphone for that and if 1 song with a mic has mic-sounds and another one not, one IS playback, we just have to wait for videos of AUDIENCE where we might hear mic-sounds) also, people said you don't hear her breath, but she IS moving quite much, the dance is harder then AUDIENCE(if she performed AUDIENCE as usual), so you should her her breathing, try dancing the dance and singing it without breathing loudly, you see? impossible if youre only walking around you won't hear much breathing, but it doesnt look like shes just walking around, its choreographed
and the last thing would be...bad mouth movements, I don't know if anyone mentioned her mouth being off and you can't see her mouth good from the video we saw, but that's usually showing if something is lipped quite easily

I think we CAN'T possibly say if it's live or not with just the video, we have to see what the majority of reports say and for better videos to say so

njanjayrp 5th May 2009 01:52 PM

^ recording songs is awfully expensive as you said. How do you expect to hear noises from THAT CLIP when it's ALL NOISE!? Plus we can barely see Ayu there not to mention her mouth.

waterballoon 5th May 2009 01:57 PM

Actually it's possible to take deep breaths without like making noises.

yamogi 5th May 2009 01:59 PM

^IMO, flaws means everything except being off key.

maikaru 5th May 2009 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noidea (Post 1929637)
EnergizE would be different from CD even if she sang playback because she uses pre-recorded tracks, she's not Britney Spears after all xD
In her prerecorded tracks, only major flaws are corrected, there sometimes actually are off notes in them, because they ARE live recordings, just recorded in the studio and editing them as much as a studio recording would be really expensive and take the illusion of it being live.

The main reason people call EnergizE probably-playback is, that you do NOT hear any mic-noises, mic-noises are heard with low-quality recording devices such as mobile phone cameras, they are heard better than the singing most times and if you DO NOT hear them, it's most likely to be lipped(though there are songs without micsounds which are live, for example Trauma CDL0405, where she forgot her lyrics, but you use a different microphone for that and if 1 song with a mic has mic-sounds and another one not, one IS playback, we just have to wait for videos of AUDIENCE where we might hear mic-sounds) also, people said you don't hear her breath, but she IS moving quite much, the dance is harder then AUDIENCE(if she performed AUDIENCE as usual), so you should her her breathing, try dancing the dance and singing it without breathing loudly, you see? impossible if youre only walking around you won't hear much breathing, but it doesnt look like shes just walking around, its choreographed
and the last thing would be...bad mouth movements, I don't know if anyone mentioned her mouth being off and you can't see her mouth good from the video we saw, but that's usually showing if something is lipped quite easily

I think we CAN'T possibly say if it's live or not with just the video, we have to see what the majority of reports say and for better videos to say so

Singers are trained how to breathe without sounding like they have asthma. -_- You yourself cannot demonstrate this and move her way, etc, without being trained in her ways first. Singers do not breathe the same way like the rest of the people, so that's no proof at all.

We can't possibly say it's live? It's SUPPOSED to be live, it is expected to be live, therefore, we must say it is live until some big proofs.
Why can't the people who keep talking about lipsyncing just respect the majority who is telling you to stop bringing it up?????
Are you really that crazy about proving she is lipsyncing all the time??????

And yes! Trauma was live, and there was no mic sounds or breathing or whatever!!! And she was running around, etc.
So, I dont get why hearing just her voice means she is lipsyncing. omg.

noidea 5th May 2009 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njanjayrp (Post 1929646)
^ recording songs is awfully expensive as you said. How do you expect to hear noises from THAT CLIP when it's ALL NOISE!? Plus we can barely see Ayu there not to mention her mouth.

EDITING songs is awfully expensive, recording them isn't expensive if you have the hardware to do so anyway xD

Because mic-noises are different to the general noixe in the video.

I wrote that we can't base it on the video BECAUSE WE CAN'T SEE HER MOUTH PROPERLY

noidea 5th May 2009 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maikaru (Post 1929674)
Why can't the people who keep talking about lipsyncing just respect the majority who is telling you to stop bringing it up?????

Because that majority of people can't respect the playback-discussions it seems, many people try to tell us/me, that it was live without having proof either, they(including YOU, who tells us to stop) are keeping the discussions alive in the threads not about playback^^

EDIT: Sorry for doublepost, accidently clicked Save o.0

Tony G 5th May 2009 02:30 PM

I have to admit from that video, her voice does seem more polished than her normal live voice. But it's LQ, we really can't tell.

njanjayrp 5th May 2009 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noidea (Post 1929675)
EDITING songs is awfully expensive, recording them isn't expensive if you have the hardware to do so anyway xD

Because mic-noises are different to the general noixe in the video.

I wrote that we can't base it on the video BECAUSE WE CAN'T SEE HER MOUTH PROPERLY

Yeah Editing is expensive :) And there are ways to kill Ayu's breathing by editing as well, not to mention there are filters who could prolly kill certain noises.

And I think someone has opened a lip syncing thread (sadly) so instead of bringing this up in every single tour thread (as this seems to be turning into an argument every time) it would be better if all the ls related talk would remain in that thread.

As maikaru said, concerts are supposed to be LIVE, Ayu is singing live as long as there is no proof that she isn't. As many have said, no one can prove a thing with that clip.

Cawaii~Onna~ 5th May 2009 02:49 PM

Wow here we go again, neverending lipsyncing discussion! :rolleyes
Only thing that is 100% sure right now is no one can prove anything from that clip, whether she is doing lipsyncing or not.

About the clip, I think the stage is pretty good, I hope they use it at its full potential throughout the whole show. Anyway, am I the only one who thinks that the stars on the screen look...so random? lol

SunshineSlayer 5th May 2009 02:52 PM

^ So if no one can prove anything with that clip, what about the live reports then? It seems people just like to conveniently ignore those because it doesn't suit their arguement and are focusing on the clip only. :)

Anyways, it seems people are still continuing the lip synching thing anyways even though people HAD already dropped the subject. Maybe it should be brought to the playback thread. As for the breathing thing - yes, you should hear breath sounds - just as that report I translated said: they couldn't hear any breath sounds in Energize, but could in the next song (Audience) which both used the headset mic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maikaru (Post 1929519)
You didn't even see the concert yourself or have no clear proof visually.
And if those messages are from two channel, then I will laugh.

But even if I had seen it myself, I'm sure you'd still continue denying it. :) Also, I already gave the link to the report about it being lip synched and its not from 2 ch. The other comments I have gotten from various Japanese message boards about the subject.

And right now it seems the anti-lip synch people are the ones determined to continue the discussion. :)

So basically, what's been said that doesn't have any validity to it? All people have said is that based on the video we have, it doesn't appear live (which is all we have to go on in terms of video and audio evidence) and then I backed it up with several comments from people that have seen the show that don't think its live either. Is the idea that she lip synched the song really that threatening that you would deny anything to the contrary?

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterballoon (Post 1929653)
Actually it's possible to take deep breaths without like making noises.

With regular mics yes, with head mics no. I have never been to a concert where you can't hear breathing sounds when the artist is actually singing into the head mic. btw, Trauma 04/05 yes, you can hear mic sounds - you can even hear her clapping into the mic and also when she takes deep breaths.

njanjayrp 5th May 2009 03:09 PM

^ I don't mind her lip syncing on occasion, I just find it annoying that we need to "discuss" it over and over~ endlessly. And while we're at it, I still find it amusing that people claim they can actually assume anything from that clip. I also find it silly that it was even brought up this time based on 17 sec. clip recorded with a mobile phone in which you can barely see and hear Ayu - the most logical thing would be that people simply want to believe she is lip syncing everytime she opens her mouth - that's annoying.

SunshineSlayer 5th May 2009 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njanjayrp (Post 1929724)
^ I don't mind her lip syncing on occasion, I just find it annoying that we need to "discuss" it over and over~ endlessly. And while we're at it, I still find it amusing that people claim they can actually assume anything from that clip. I also find it silly that it was even brought up this time based on 17 sec. clip recorded with a mobile phone in which you can barely see and hear Ayu - the most logical thing would be that people simply want to believe she is lip syncing everytime she opens her mouth - that's annoying.

But that's not true at all - if it were, people would have cried lip synch for Rule too, but they didn't. You can at least tell something from the clip and give an opinion on it. If, as you are saying the clip can't be used as evidence - People here based on the clip are saying they think its live, so how is that really any different than people saying that based on the clip they think it isn't? The clip combined with the various comments about it being lip synched from reports makes me think there is a high possibility it is not live. The only reason that opinion becomes a big discussion is that people get overly defensive about it I think. Instead of just saying, 'oh, so reports say there's a good possibility its not live. Well, ok' and just move on. :)

freedreamer 5th May 2009 03:22 PM

@truehappiness...yes its terribly sad
i really find this discussion so tiring....i mean...really, what's there to prove after ANGEL'S SONG's error...
some people feel injust, some people feel that finally its proven...
so..its just a neverending discussion...
in the end, we will start looking at her flaws and 'strengths' of singing well...

Ayusan 5th May 2009 03:26 PM

omg some of you are funny, you are fighting for a 17 sec. video O.O .... I know it's the crisis and everybody is bored and blablabla ... come on get a life it will help the society !

You base your opinion on 17 sec. when you can hear more chicks screaming that Ayu singing -_-

Does she lip synch ? you will know in the next silly episode of Ayu the bad singer .....

Some of you expect sound mic with the moves she does O.O there it's the worst ... if she does sound mic with just that she should stop to sing, except if you eat all day long and can't move your arms anymore you shouldn't make any mic sound with that o-o ..... or if you still do then you should consider some sport. And you are really tiring wanting to SHOW the good to all of those dumbs who think Ayu is perfect blablabla, come on you will win what ? No one will look at you with more respect because you can hear Ayu lip synch. Get your own life and debate of your problem. To say she may lip synch isn't the prob, the prob is some of you are crazy about the fact they have to make it enter in others mind @o@

I trust no one, not even the japanese posting everywhere. I trust myself and it's already good, and honestly I don't care if she lip synch, the single fact to hear that retarded cute voice make me cringe, no matter if she does lip synch or no.

Anyway some outfits are ok some good for garbage and some just some old outfits ... and that's the next level ....

SunshineSlayer 5th May 2009 03:31 PM

^ I could barely follow your post, but for some reason it made me laugh. ^_^ I'm not trying to force anyone to believing - just stated my opinion and backed it up with evidence, which is how I always think opinions should be presented. I was totally prepared to drop it until others decided to turn it into something bigger than it has to be. :) Hopefully everyone will just quiet down now.

njanjayrp 5th May 2009 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer (Post 1929727)
But that's not true at all - if it were, people would have cried lip synch for Rule too, but they didn't. You can at least tell something from the clip and give an opinion on it. People here based on the clip are saying they think its live, so how is that really any different than people saying that based on the clip they think it isn't? The clip combined with the various comments about it being lip synched from reports makes me think there is a high possibility it is not live. The only reason that opinion becomes a big discussion is that people get overly defensive about it I think. Instead of just saying, 'oh, so reports say there's a good possibility its not live. Well, ok' and just move on. :)

I think you're failing to see the point - I am simply trying to say that you can't really base an opinion on that clip, you do remember that even with Over which we saw in, well, higher quality, we couldn't really tell if the video was off sync or if she was really lip syncing let alone this clip. We didn't start screaming "WOW her LIVE singing is so great" when we saw the clip. It was you people who wanted to point that she wasn't singing live.

I didn't say I think it was live, I just said that there is 0 proof that it wasn't. It's a live concert, don't you think it's only natural for people to assume it was live? Another thing is that I also find it natural for fans to be a little defensive and I don't mind being defensive at times, if it's something/someone I care about :)

SunshineSlayer 5th May 2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njanjayrp (Post 1929743)
I think you're failing to see the point - I am simply trying to say that you can't really base an opinion on that clip.

But it seems that you also are forming an opinion based on that clip. Or do you really think that based on the clip you just can't tell one way or another that it is live? If that's the case, then that's fine. It seems thats what you mean:)

And as for Over, I never once thought the video was off sync. ^_-

And also, I don't see the problem with pointing out when something isn't live - it wouldn't actually be a real concert discussion thread if no one actually talked about stuff that is relevant to the concert. I agree, it doesn't always need to be a long discussion though but as I mentioned it usually only turns into one because people get too defensive about it when it really doesn't need to be that way imo. I just don't understand the need to get defensive in the first place. Yes, i totally understand the caring about something thing and I myself was like that back in the days that really 99% of the people believed she never lip synched, but now that everyone knows that sometimes she does, I don't see the need to get defensive when the possibility of it is brought up. :)

I think a few years ago, my natural inclination would be to think that everything is live. However, nowadays I've simply seen tooo many concerts and especially to many Ayu concerts to see that clip and actually think its live - especially when combined with the live reports. btw, tokyoxjapanxfan when are you going in October? Maybe we can meet at the show sometime.

njanjayrp 5th May 2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer (Post 1929746)
But it seems that you also are forming an opinion based on that clip. Or do you really think that based on the clip you just can't tell one way or another that it is live? If that's the case, then that's fine. :)

And as for Over, I never once thought the video was off sync. ^_-

The second part of my previous post pretty much says that I didn't say whether it was live or not - "I didn't say I think it was live, I just said that there is 0 proof that it wasn't." :) You also mentioned blogs saying it wasn't live and we had people here who said they thought it was. Neither one of them is necessarily right. All I was saying is that we would need more solid proof.

inspire_rmx 5th May 2009 03:55 PM

seriously i don't care whether it's lip sync or not. one of two songs lip synced are ok to me..
Loving this concert with the modified costumes and the amazing stage.. the screen the colors are all so cool.. simple stage but work wonders ^^ finally somethin diff frm her past arena tour's stage

Coelacanth 5th May 2009 03:59 PM

Why don't both parties (those who believe she lip-synchs and those who don't) just stop trying to convince each other of their beliefs? Nobody's opinion is going to change over the internet, so it's pointless to go to such great lengths to prove a point, especially when it has likely been discussed numerous times in other threads.

Personally, I think EnergizE is mimed. There's really nothing I can say to prove it however, so why bother? It's basically intuitive for me. That being said, it's clear that my opinion is no more valid than somebody else's.

Kingdom 5th May 2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by identity (Post 1922652)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9Dv9n3Qx9g

a short video of Rule.. o m g.. her voice is terrible

:thud

i seriously laughed so hard when i saw this.. it sounds like amateur karaoke night in taiwan or something. :tired

energize looks promising though :yes

polka-dot-jewel 5th May 2009 04:22 PM

Wow... yes, some people think this is lipped, others think it's live... I, myself, cannot really tell based on the quality from that clip, but I really don't care. If she is lipping it, maybe she feels she wouldn't be able to sing the song live well all the time. She's not perfect. She knows what she's doing. If she wants to lip-synch it, let her do it. In my opinion, all that matters is that she's not lipping the whole concert, like some other singers. At least she's singing some of the songs live, and that's what matters the most.

Suteisi 5th May 2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polka-dot-jewel (Post 1929775)
Wow... yes, some people think this is lipped, others think it's live... I, myself, cannot really tell based on the quality from that clip, but I really don't care. If she is lipping it, maybe she feels she wouldn't be able to sing the song live well all the time. She's not perfect. She knows what she's doing. If she wants to lip-synch it, let her do it. In my opinion, all that matters is that she's not lipping the whole concert, like some other singers. At least she's singing some of the songs live, and that's what matters the most.

I agree.

Personally, I'm happy she's still touring. For all we know she could have decided to take a break and not performe. On top of it all, she added MORE dates. I'm really grateful, because if she hadn't, I wouldn't be able to go see her in October.

Luther10 5th May 2009 04:56 PM

So tired of this lip-sync discussion. Everytime there is a new video, this issue about lip-sync always takes over.. And I thought we have that silly playback thread over at the discussion section, why don't you people use that thread instead?

jbrat2219 5th May 2009 05:38 PM

To be honest... who cares if she's lip syncing "EnergizE?"

Most people don't even like that song anyway lol. I'd rather her lip sync the "cutesy" songs than other songs with more powerful meanings and passion. That's where the emotion is, not in songs where she prances around, seriously....

noidea 5th May 2009 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrat2219 (Post 1929845)
To be honest... who cares if she's lip syncing "EnergizE?"

well, some people actually do, whats bad about that? I for example just HAVE TO know(though I WANT to come to the conclusion that its live, like everybody here i think) if something is playback or not, its like when watching a good movie, having a cliffhanger at the end and having to wait 2 years for the next movie, you WANT to know the ending, same with me and playback

and i think other people are thinking the same way, or in another way, maybe theres people thinking that playback is a lie or imposture to the audience,why shouldnt they "investigate" it then? you dont have to read the posts after all o.0

love in music 5th May 2009 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noidea (Post 1929874)
why shouldnt they "investigate" it then? you dont have to read the posts after all o.0

well when starting to read a post you just don't know how idiotic it will be until you finish reading it and then it's too late :P

njanjayrp 5th May 2009 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by identity (Post 1929892)
well when starting to read a post you just don't know how idiotic it will be until you finish reading it and then it's too late :P

:yes and then you deeply regret every wasted second :thud

SunshineSlayer 5th May 2009 06:55 PM

^ I would hardly say the topic is idiotic though. That's just insulting, especially when there is basis for it. If its coming totally out of left field with no backing whatsoever, then you could maybe classify something as "idiotic."

njanjayrp 5th May 2009 06:58 PM

^ I am pretty sure identity didn't refer to the whole topic :) I don't think the topic is idiotic either just that the reasons behind the whole ls hunting are funny and/or idiotic to a certain extent, but that doesn't necessarily make them idiotic.

SunshineSlayer 5th May 2009 07:01 PM

^ I just wish everyone could have let it end with my "So, right now, we can just leave it at there are some songs in the tour, mainly energize that are in question about whether they are live or not." post. :) There was no need to continue after that. Would've been so much easier. :yes

njanjayrp 5th May 2009 07:06 PM

^ yeah well, we're human xD At times it is hard to simply leave things be :) So to get this back on topic, I really love what they did with the stage and I didn't originally think it would look this good - it's finally something totally original. I wish I liked some of the costumes better though. I am just hoping that the tour will air before the year ends or that they at least release the DVD before 2010.

SunshineSlayer 5th May 2009 07:07 PM

^ I like the screens and brightness, it really feels futuristic. But I wish they had done something different with the catwalk. More like in at03/04 like it was originally thought to be would have been better.

njanjayrp 5th May 2009 07:10 PM

^I wasn't aware that they changed the catwalk in the end :( oh well. At least the stage design made some real progress as this is the first time since AT03-04 that the stage itself looks unique.

noidea 5th May 2009 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer (Post 1929918)
^ I like the screens and brightness, it really feels futuristic. But I wish they had done something different with the catwalk. More like in at03/04 like it was originally thought to be would have been better.

I actually didn't like the AT0304 catwalk, I don't know why...but I dislike it xD But I would have been OK with it if they kept the circular stage, because I really love it(and I think it never elevated that early in a concert, right? in the first few seconds of Rule already!!!)

jbrat2219 5th May 2009 07:42 PM

The screens are definitely my favorite... The lights on the stair case remind me of AT08. Which I have yet to see -_-; So broke right now.

Alther 5th May 2009 08:36 PM

OMG!!! I LOVE THIS TOUR!

aura~ 5th May 2009 09:05 PM

I've found this SHOOORT clip of the end of MY ALL in dailymotion!! I don't know if it has been posted yet.. but well. here it is:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8z...009-toky_music

nothing new on it ^^ but the stage is so huge with all the stair and screens!

aloopy 5th May 2009 09:08 PM

isn't there a lip sync thread in the ayu chat room..?
anyway i wanna see a clip of sparkle and green. i wonder how she performed them :P

love in music 5th May 2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aloopy (Post 1929994)
isn't there a lip sync thread in the ayu chat room..?
anyway i wanna see a clip of sparkle and green. i wonder how she performed them :P

same here. they are both difficult songs to sing and i'm curious about her vocals. i'm hoping she did a good job!

truehappiness 5th May 2009 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njanjayrp (Post 1929923)
^I wasn't aware that they changed the catwalk in the end :( oh well. At least the stage design made some real progress as this is the first time since AT03-04 that the stage itself looks unique.

I don't think they actually changed the catwalk, someone just speculated what it might look like at some fansite and then the real catwalk came out, and they changed it to suit what was the truth.

njanjayrp 5th May 2009 10:11 PM

^ so the catwalk is the same as it was the past few years?

truehappiness 5th May 2009 10:17 PM

Yeah.

Some Chinese fan made their own interpretation, and that's what people spread around as the floor plan. Which it wasn't. They posted it a few days before the concert or something.

The MY ALL video being added to first post.

njanjayrp 5th May 2009 10:20 PM

Too bad there are no stops in Taiwan or HK this year, we'd be getting loads of clips by now :D

freedreamer 6th May 2009 09:51 AM

that clip sounds tooooo raw in quality >.< .. hearing Ayu's voice suddenly without the front melody was startling hahaha...

did she cry?

MissElin_ 6th May 2009 10:48 AM

One after one more vids are coming up to please us fans! :D

noidea 6th May 2009 03:20 PM

its really funny how for weeks there were no clips and now 3 in a week xD(though the my all clip was uploaded for 3 weeks already it seems)
but 3 clips still is almost nothing, we had so many clips of the asia tours xD and this tour already is 1/3 over or something and we have 3 videos xD

alternarist 6th May 2009 03:35 PM

^ i guess because the tour is in Japan itself and Japan has high confidentiality of all these things.

if the concert is over, i bet we can watch at least half an hour of the concert immediately after the concert ends already.

peke_3416 7th May 2009 12:45 AM

ooo I just want to see that stage while she is singing sparkle
(8)
no no no ~

* o *

Cawaii~Onna~ 7th May 2009 02:11 AM

The couple of clips that we have seen till now, if i'm not mistaken, were recorded by the foreigners not the japanese.

I won't expect to see a longer clip from this tour during this time, but more of sneak peek would be nice.

emi♡ 7th May 2009 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan (Post 1928812)
^ i was at the tour on the april 1st show, and i'm pretty sure it was live...

BUT anyway, when did people start actually liking this tour?! all of a sudden it's "i cant wait for the dvd!!!!!" "wow this is gunna be my fave tour so far!!" lol, surprising to see that after all the negative stuff before the clips came out :P

:laugh for me I still don't think the tour is that great...a lot of things suck really badly...

but it seems like the "omg Ayu concert" factor is still huge in why we all want to see it...because we love her lol and it seems that while a lot of things do suck, she still delivers a lot of other good stuff...like cool effects and the screens and all...

I still wish she looked better though :P

about the lipsync discussion...uh it's pretty normal to have those after we get actual videos...so i don't know why people are complaining...Let's just be happy that we have them all in this thread...and not a million "Do you think Ayu Lipsycned in the perf. of Rule?" "do you think ayu lipsynched in the EnergizE perf.?" "Do you think Ayu lipsychned in the NEXT LEVEL tour?"...etc...

Which, tbph is EXTREMELY plausible. Especially with how she's been feeling about her vocals lately...so all the people who are like "OMG NO SHE DIDNT" need to calm down because, no one really has any proof.

jbrat2219 7th May 2009 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emiko (Post 1931527)
:laugh for me I still don't think the tour is that great...a lot of things suck really badly...

but it seems like the "omg Ayu concert" factor is still huge in why we all want to see it...because we love her lol and it seems that while a lot of things do suck, she still delivers a lot of other good stuff...like cool effects and the screens and all...

I still wish she looked better though :P

What sucks exactly? I'm not saying you're wrong or anything, just would like to understand your point of view better. Is it just the costumes? Lol. I don't think anything could be as bad as that chicken suit she wore one time T_T; I didn't see the concert, but I sure saw the pics lol.

naxxo.licious™ 7th May 2009 02:42 AM

^LOL! Chicken suit? XD When? I wanna see those pics lol.

emi♡ 7th May 2009 03:28 AM

@jbrat: I don't really care for any of the costumes...they're awful, cheesy, and some look really cheap.

Her vocals will likely not be any good either...not to mention that I don't like the album at all so...it's kinda difficult for me to appreciate it live...because for me the music isn't that great...

I can live with bad vocals of an artist that I like...but when the music isn't composed well, or put together well...it's not really cool anymore...I think it's a good thing she's performing her old songs...even though we heard them already at PCDL.

I wasn't really expecting much from the stage either...given her last two tours...which were kinda messy...though 07 was probably the worst one...08 was okay...but yeah the costumes there aren't exactly spectacular either...she seems to like cheesy stuff for concerts...

she needs to pull stuff out of her closet...as far as costumes go...I think she'll turn into a "kuu" for me...Kuu always has wtf costumes lol

I am happy about the stage though...it doesn't look corny, and actually looks cool...I think that the whole electro idea will make up for the costumes, music, and vocals.

and of course she's had awful costumes in the past...but it wasn't like for the entire concert :laugh

alternarist 7th May 2009 03:59 AM

I feel that costumes are important because nobody wants to see their favourite singer to perform LIVE in plain costumes in front of them.

pchan1986 7th May 2009 05:24 AM

i understand what your saying emiko. i too had that feeling that this concert isnt mind blowing as i thought it would be. first were the costumes, not really all out like AT08. second, its much too similiar to PCDL (which i love) but seeing it twice kinda kills the concert. the only performances im looking forward to are RULE and Sparkle since those are the songs i love from the album. my most favorite concert would be Arena tour 2006, i dunno i really like that concert for some reason, the effects, the costumes, etc. im not saying i dont like this concert, due to the fact that this is the first time ive purchased so many concert goods from any tour, im absolutely estatic to see it for the first time when it comes out. ^^

ooo wait....would love to see identiy and love n hate too hahaha

jbrat2219 7th May 2009 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emiko (Post 1931608)
@jbrat: I don't really care for any of the costumes...they're awful, cheesy, and some look really cheap.

Her vocals will likely not be any good either...not to mention that I don't like the album at all so...it's kinda difficult for me to appreciate it live...because for me the music isn't that great...

I can live with bad vocals of an artist that I like...but when the music isn't composed well, or put together well...it's not really cool anymore...I think it's a good thing she's performing her old songs...even though we heard them already at PCDL.

I wasn't really expecting much from the stage either...given her last two tours...which were kinda messy...though 07 was probably the worst one...08 was okay...but yeah the costumes there aren't exactly spectacular either...she seems to like cheesy stuff for concerts...

she needs to pull stuff out of her closet...as far as costumes go...I think she'll turn into a "kuu" for me...Kuu always has wtf costumes lol

I am happy about the stage though...it doesn't look corny, and actually looks cool...I think that the whole electro idea will make up for the costumes, music, and vocals.

and of course she's had awful costumes in the past...but it wasn't like for the entire concert :laugh

Costume junky!!!! LOL j/k

To be honest, I pay attention to NONE of those things...
I don't care about what she wears, I love the album to bits, the stage and screens look amazing and I'm use to Ayu not sounding as good live (at least she sings live). I just don't make too big of a deal about it, probably because I'm an obsessed fan. I figure if it all comes together well, GREAT! If not, who cares it's Ayu xD; My friends make fun of me for getting excited when she comes on stage, especially because we're watching it via DVD. But I see where you're coming from :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pchan1986 (Post 1931777)
my most favorite concert would be Arena tour 2006, i dunno i really like that concert for some reason, the effects, the costumes, etc.

AT06 is probably my favorite ever, too! I love everything about it.

Andrenekoi 7th May 2009 06:19 AM

I liked the fact that the costumes aren't that extravagant...

extravagant costumes + extravagant stage + extravagant screens + extravagant effects = visual polution

emi♡ 7th May 2009 06:20 AM

@jbrat:Well I get really excited whenever I see her stuff live...but I mean...sometimes it's just like "wtf" lol

It's not really like all about the costumes...but her this and her last three tour's have had seriously cheesy costumes...and I mean...it's just...I wish she didn't have to look so bad.

I think the costumes just kinda pushed it over the edge...since I didn't like the album.

I'll be excited to see it though, and her ballads will probably be awesome for me...exception of curtain call...is she doing that one?

I think...the reason why the costumes matter to me, is because they kinda give the performance a feel. Like when she wears a tie and a fedora, it contributes to the overall feel of whats going on, or when she wears a pink tutu and fairy wings. You know? It just adds. She's actually the only artist where I find what they wear affects how I feel.

I think it was 2007 where I think I just could not take the feel of the performance...the one where she opens and it's like...the dancers are dressed in the Baroque period...and she sings evolution and unite in that weird black and gold thing...and like there's just sooo many styles that she just threw together with the costumes and the stage like it made sense...and I was just like...this is awful lol

@andrenakoi: the 2007 was visual pollution...her costumes don't need to be extravagant...but they could at least look cool or good, or stylish.

(im so lazy with putting quotes in my posts lately lol)

jbrat2219 7th May 2009 06:55 AM

Lol I guess. It's cute when it goes with a theme, like that Diner theme and the Neptune theme or whatever... but I dunno... they're just clothes LOL. You know what my problem is, I'm a shoes+handbags person, I could care less about clothes O_O; Now if Ayu comes out on stage with some Louboutin's and LV, I'll pay attention lol.

emi♡ 7th May 2009 07:05 AM

:laugh well if she comes out in those she BETTER have good clothes to match :P

what if she came out in nothing but shoes and a handbag! :lech

sorry this is jpopstop talk lol

so anyway...

you know i was going through screens of all her concerts...and you know what...her costumes suck for the most part lol so whatever.

I think AT05 was the best year for her costumes. they were so elegant without being too over the top.

I think this'll be a good tour...I think with all the effects and stuff, it'll look cool, and it won't disappoint so much as I had originally thought.

truehappiness 7th May 2009 07:11 AM

I think if she's gonna do big dresses, at least emulate some sort of couture gown during a ballad and not some strange poofy costume mermaid-styled wedding dress that makes her hips look HUGE, you know?

jbrat2219 7th May 2009 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emiko (Post 1931846)
:laugh well if she comes out in those she BETTER have good clothes to match :P

what if she came out in nothing but shoes and a handbag! :lech

sorry this is jpopstop talk lol

Don't fight it :lech

Quote:

Originally Posted by emiko (Post 1931846)
I think this'll be a good tour...I think with all the effects and stuff, it'll look cool, and it won't disappoint so much as I had originally thought.

YAY :D :banana2 :shughug

emi♡ 7th May 2009 07:35 AM

YEY! party! :hbday

(anthonys still right about the costumes though :P)

jbrat2219 7th May 2009 07:46 AM

^ emiko, you're too funny lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 1931851)
I think if she's gonna do big dresses, at least emulate some sort of couture gown during a ballad and not some strange poofy costume mermaid-styled wedding dress that makes her hips look HUGE, you know?

Yeah but before that dress I didn't even know she had hips LOL.

elvis810 7th May 2009 09:08 AM

her casual wear looks are WAY better than her live costumes.

waterballoon 7th May 2009 09:12 AM

I'm still disappointed in the dresses for the ballads... I mean HOPE or PAIN was OKAY with the style of the song and that sort of big puffy dresses, but GREEN... omg gimme a break! That dress DOES NOT suit the song, AT ALL.

And Days was worse. I love the song and I love pink but the cutting of the dress and all that is so gross that... I rather she re-use a dress she wore in one of the TV performances for Days than a PCDL recycle...

MissElin_ 7th May 2009 10:01 AM

Yes I agree with alot of you. The concert itself looks REALLY awesome! Its gonna be great to see later on!

But...

The costumes...(yeah I am whiny cuz once she pulled off AWESOME costumes, I guess Im spoiled costume-vice from Ayu.) AT03-04, AT05 and AT06 was her peak in great costumes. They all where breathtaking and did really make an huge impact on the performance. The feeling was set. This years costumes looks cheap. The pink dress is hidious, something like a 5 years old girl would paint in a picture. Same goes for ANGELS SONG's outfit on PCDL. I mean pretty awesome dresses isnt that hard to design, keep it style-ish at least!

Then Im pretty disapointed that there are so many songs that came from PCDL. The magic with PCDL was those songs and how huge it was, but once again, and now in a tour even, it kills it... I know Ayu isnt lazy, she indeed is hard working and indeed it was convenient for the band not to memorize so many new songs in such a short time but but... The magic is lost for those songs.

However, with this I wouldnt say that it makes impacts on the whole show. I still think that the show looks truly amazing! Its just these little things that dont make me go "OMG WOW" like AT05 and AT06 did.

love in music 7th May 2009 10:54 AM

lol i still like the outfits better than last years, the only 'bad' part is that some are recycled from PCDL, i still like the outfits on their own :yes

jiarongisme 7th May 2009 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by identity (Post 1932025)
lol i still like the outfits better than last years, the only 'bad' part is that some are recycled from PCDL, i still like the outfits on their own :yes

Agreed. Imo, costumes are secondary, it's the theatrics used, Ayu's vocals and Ayu herself which make the concert entertaining. :yes

waterballoon 7th May 2009 01:52 PM

To be honest I actually preferred last year's costumes a lot more... except for the HANABI/End roll dress... once again it's the ballad costume that is a big fail.

polka-dot-jewel 7th May 2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterballoon (Post 1931931)
I'm still disappointed in the dresses for the ballads... I mean HOPE or PAIN was OKAY with the style of the song and that sort of big puffy dresses, but GREEN... omg gimme a break! That dress DOES NOT suit the song, AT ALL.

And Days was worse. I love the song and I love pink but the cutting of the dress and all that is so gross that... I rather she re-use a dress she wore in one of the TV performances for Days than a PCDL recycle...

Well I think she had less time preparing the show, hence why many of the outfits are recycled from PCDL... and as pretty as the big, poofy dresses are, they're probably hard to get in and out of, and Ayu is getting older and she probably doesn't want to get worn out trying to get in and out of a big dress during costume changes lol

love in music 7th May 2009 02:21 PM

i like the dresses lol, especially after the modifications on the sleeves of that white one.

agashi 7th May 2009 02:23 PM

hmmmm~~ i love lighting effects of this show!
really cool!! especially rule-opening- part

maybe this year ayu too focus about her stage...

noidea 7th May 2009 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polka-dot-jewel (Post 1932139)
Well I think she had less time preparing the show, hence why many of the outfits are recycled from PCDL... and as pretty as the big, poofy dresses are, they're probably hard to get in and out of, and Ayu is getting older and she probably doesn't want to get worn out trying to get in and out of a big dress during costume changes lol

but ayus costumes ARE changed, she isnt changing herself in big dresses xD(CT00 behind the scenes)

tokyoxjapanxfan 7th May 2009 03:44 PM

i just put my name in for the team ayu raffle for the last show :D can't wait to find out! still so long away though!! hahaha

and my friend put his name in too, so whichever has better tickets, we'll sell the other ones :P

Andrenekoi 7th May 2009 05:32 PM

I liked all dresses this year but ballads ones... but I almost never like her tour ballad outfits, I think they are aways very "I'm trying to 'Barbie-up' myself" so... xD

About the wig and the dresses looking cheap... wait until video.... There are a lot of outfits that look hideous in photos but end being very good in dancing sceanes, etc^^

emiko: IMO only audience/b&g in at07 was visualy polluted...

waterballoon 7th May 2009 05:39 PM

Oh btw, speaking about emiko, lol, I find that the AT 07 costumes were really good actually. I'm actually kinda overwhelmed by your thoughts about the evolution costume cos I only know it looks good, but know, yes I realize it's a mish-mash of a lot of styles and so... haphazard?

Anyway, AT 07 was the last concert to have decent ballad costumes. M/appears was very simple and beautiful, and part of Me/Secret was needless to say. :)

zoomzoom 7th May 2009 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 1931851)

It's true, and a lot of her big tour dresses look very homemade, which of course they are, but they shouldn't look that way. They come off very messy. She could probably pull one of her expensive label dresses out of her closet, modify it a bit and make it look 10 times better.

Andrenekoi 7th May 2009 06:28 PM

It would be interesting if she asks a famous fashion designer to... well... design or co-design her outfits for a tour, like Madonna, Kylie or Mylene Farmer do for example

jbrat2219 7th May 2009 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrenekoi (Post 1932355)
It would be interesting if she asks a famous fashion designer to... well... design or co-design her outfits for a tour, like Madonna, Kylie or Mylene Farmer do for example

As long as it's not the guy who did Beyonce's LOL.

Andrenekoi 7th May 2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrat2219 (Post 1932374)
As long as it's not the guy who did Beyonce's LOL.

Beyonce is on a experiemental trip :P Everything she does now seens strange, but it will do wonders to her as an artist in the future (kind of Hikki with Exodus)

ALfromHELLSING 7th May 2009 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agashi_qiao (Post 1932152)
hmmmm~~ i love lighting effects of this show!
really cool!! especially rule-opening- part

maybe this year ayu too focus about her stage...

Yeah, it definitely looks fantastic!!

And outfits from the pix looks really amazing!!:luv2