Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Artists & Bands (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   [Koda Kumi] The 91st Official Koda Kumi Thread (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93878)

emi♡ 31st August 2009 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4minute Girl (Post 2078662)
Just because they weren't one of the big three (Ayu, Namie, and Kuu) doesn't mean nobody else was doing it.
cutieismylife is saying they went with the sexy image for Koda because it was "popular" and in the same post he goes on to say that she became successful because it was "unique and different"
If it was so popular at the time, there's bound to be other artists who were trying it out as well. Of course, they didn't reach the same degree of success that Koda did.
All I'm saying is that Koda has never been successful or popular because she's unique. It was because she took her top off and had a big label backing her.
If she didn't do either of those things, she would be nowhere right now, much like the other artists who tried the same thing but fell into obscurity because they didn't have a big label to pull all of the publicity stunts and tricks for some extra attention and sales.

I know Cutie cleared this up for you, but I just want to say, that I understand what you're saying, but what I am saying is that no one had quite taken it to the level that Koda did, and I think Namie comes closest. Although I know there were some girl bands in the 90's that did this sort of thing, they still never went to the levels kuu did.

And you're right about her success.

I personally, honestly, when I was a die hard Ayu fan, like I disrespected her so much for that, but now actually understanding how everything went down, and liking her music...I feel the opposite. And now, although I still think she doesn't have the level of control that some of the bigger name artists do, I respect her for taking what they threw at her, and molding it so that she can have fun with it, and love what she does. She is an Exhibitionist, and I think she will continue doing it...

however...I also think that it might not be so great for her career if she stops doing it...and maybe that's something to take into consideration as to why she still does it.

maze 31st August 2009 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emiko (Post 2078680)
I know Cutie cleared this up for you, but I just want to say, that I understand what you're saying, but what I am saying is that no one had quite taken it to the level that Koda did, and I think Namie comes closest.

namie always had a style completely different than kuu's .. not even close.

love in music 31st August 2009 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsubasa2591 (Post 2078714)
namie always had a style completely different than kuu.. not even close.

WANT ME, WANT ME song + PV was very similar to kuu's style

Namie♡TOP SECRET 31st August 2009 07:50 AM

OMG. Kuu didn't like the SEXAY image????????????????? WTF???????

Yeah, identity, WANT ME, WANT ME was very similar to Kuu's style, song and video wise and image wise

Polyrhythm 31st August 2009 07:50 AM

First Kumi Thread title I've liked in a long time

emi♡ 31st August 2009 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsubasa2591 (Post 2078714)
namie always had a style completely different than kuu's .. not even close.

/sigh

I know.

maze 31st August 2009 07:57 AM

i think KUU is more sexy in that aspect. and she can do 'hot things' (i mean the erotic part of JUICY) that namie can't do.. don't misunderstand me, you understand.. kuu does 'taboo' things in comparison with other artists, and i love it *-*

love in music 31st August 2009 08:03 AM

their images/styles aren't that different though, they both sing about sex and have that 'sexy' image.

emi♡ 31st August 2009 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsubasa2591 (Post 2078725)
i think KUU is more sexy in that aspect. and she can do 'hot things' (i mean the erotic part of JUICY) that namie can't do.. don't misunderstand me, you understand.. kuu does 'taboo' things in comparison with other artists, and i love it *-*

that's what we were saying...that's why she made it, and other people didn't.

I didn't really mean to bring in Namie, Namie is famous in her own right, and in a different way. She's just the only one I can really think of that comes a little close...even though most of what she does is very different, identity is right about her "Sexy Cool" image.

I know there are other obscure artists...but even they weren't that popular back then. The Sexy image was fueled by the American market, not Japan's. Which is what I was getting at by my post on the first page...but whatever.

We have our Koda, and she pulled through, and now she has fun and yey.

tokyoxjapanxfan 31st August 2009 11:39 AM

i thought the .gif on the first page was a crotch at first... o-O.

i've heard "alive" on the radio around here in the convenient stores and such, and it's growing on me. :)

AyuHamasaki01 31st August 2009 11:50 AM

yay for the new thread. I love the first post :yes

Minttulatte 31st August 2009 01:25 PM

I like this thread. :D before the year ends, I think we will have our 100th thread of Kumi Kuu. :D Which I don't mind at all. :p

That conversation about Kuu's sexy image was very interesting. I personally don't think she kind of liked her sexy image. And I also think that it fits nicely with her. It's a part of our beloved Kumi Kuu and I wouldn't change it. >:3

I forgot what else I wanted to say. -.-

ren'ai 31st August 2009 01:56 PM

I think now, she's become accustomed to the ero-kakkoii Koda Kumi as being a part of her performance side.

I think it was in that EXCITE! Interview where she said something about there being 2 parts to her, Kuu-chan & Koda Kumi and she's trying to keep a balance between them now? I think that's the way to go :P

Corvina 31st August 2009 05:00 PM

Should I repost the TV documentary? Again?
There are still people who don't know it. :laugh

Here we go:

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance...k-part-1_music
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance...k-part-2_music
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance...k-part-3_music
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance...k-part-4_music
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance...k-part-5_music

That's the whole story how Kumi became successful.

waterballoon 31st August 2009 06:11 PM

Thanks Corvina, I'll watch this!

Anyway, I've always known of Kuu's really hard life at avex... sigh. But seeing where she is now with success, I'm just so proud of her, and I really respect this woman because she has stuck through literally everything for her dream.

Namie♡TOP SECRET 31st August 2009 06:26 PM

^ how's she had a hard life? Bad fan here!

Corvina 31st August 2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterballoon (Post 2079169)
Thanks Corvina, I'll watch this!

Anyway, I've always known of Kuu's really hard life at avex... sigh. But seeing where she is now with success, I'm just so proud of her, and I really respect this woman because she has stuck through literally everything for her dream.

Yeah, that's one of the main reasons I admire her, too.
She believed in and fought for her dream, it was hard, she had to make sacrifices, but she made it in the end.
That's why she always cries while singing walk. It's a song about realizing your dreams, so yeah~

Quote:

Originally Posted by I♥Kuu4ever (Post 2079185)
^ how's she had a hard life? Bad fan here!

Watch the documentary! :laugh

ren'ai 31st August 2009 06:41 PM

I always cry with her when she sings walk XD I love it.. and I'm glad she always sings it at the end :heart

Namie♡TOP SECRET 31st August 2009 06:58 PM

Yeah, but I don't understand Japanese, there's no translation

hearted 31st August 2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corvina (Post 2079121)

awww i really wanna watch this but i dont understand a thing XDD isnt there a vid with subs?

and yay for 91th thread :yatta