Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Enquiries (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   How to get Ayumi Hamasaki concert tickets in Japan (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72315)

yulen 8th August 2004 03:04 AM

How to get Ayumi Hamasaki concert tickets in Japan

so how hard are concert tickets to come by? next year i'll be studying abroad for the year in tokyo at ICU. i really want to see her in concert while i'm in japan. i just wnat to know how hard, and how u get them, etc. pretty much anything anyone can tell me would be helpful. (i also know this depends on whether or not she tours that year during that time or the next year during that time. hopefully she will!!!)

weijie22 8th August 2004 03:26 AM

oh
if you are in japan at that time
it should be easy to get tickets....
depending on how much money you want to pay....

matt 8th August 2004 03:45 AM

Tickets shouldn't be too hard to get, as long as you are informed beforehand as to what you have to do and where you have to go to get them. I got tickets to Arena Tour this year in Tokyo just by buying them at the conbini, and again I have A-nation tickets just by rining the phone number as soon as they went on sale.

Scalpers are also everywhere at the events if you cant buy tickets the normal way. They prices are most likely hiked up a bit, but they are there, and they are obvious (ie. they hold up signs and wave their tickets about, not at all like in Australia for example).

ayu_alanis 9th August 2004 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt
Tickets shouldn't be too hard to get, as long as you are informed beforehand as to what you have to do and where you have to go to get them. I got tickets to Arena Tour this year in Tokyo just by buying them at the conbini, and again I have A-nation tickets just by rining the phone number as soon as they went on sale.

Oh you were lucky. I tried to have some tickets for the ARENA tour at the combini, but it was impossible... To much connections at the same time. I finally buy them on yahoo auctions... I suppose I'm not very good to buy tickets lol...

It may be quite easy to buy them by phone, but it's impossible if you don't speak japanese. You can also buy them before the public day sell, using websites or phone.

weijie22 9th August 2004 03:15 PM

they sell on yahoo Auctions?
oh on japan auctions or>...

mimika 10th August 2004 04:02 AM

one way to get cheap tickets from scaplers" dun show up till like 5 min after the concert has started...u only missed a little beginning part of the concert but those guys are desperate to sell their tickets...so they are willing to sell at super low prices~

yulen 10th August 2004 04:58 AM

thanks guys! hopefully it will work out!!

Ayusushi 10th August 2004 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mimika
one way to get cheap tickets from scaplers" dun show up till like 5 min after the concert has started...u only missed a little beginning part of the concert but those guys are desperate to sell their tickets...so they are willing to sell at super low prices~

Really ? Mimika , u've tried before?

i wish to get countdown live concert 2003-2004 last feb when i was in Japan ~ but unsuccessful to get...cos sold out :tired

everfree2 10th August 2004 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayusushi
Really ? Mimika , u've tried before?

i wish to get countdown live concert 2003-2004 last feb when i was in Japan ~ but unsuccessful to get...cos sold out :tired

really? you went to japan last Feb? ok. if you will go to japan for ayumi concert , please call me then i can get ticket easy... for you.

SunshineSlayer 28th October 2004 09:57 PM

How to get concert tickets?

Hi. :) I'm a huge Ayumi fan who will be taking a trip to Japan in April - I'll be staying at a military base there in Iwakuni. While I am there I would love, love, love(times infinity^_^) to see Ayumi's '05 Arena Tour and I figure if I want to get tickets - let alone good seats - I better do so now. The date I am most interested in seeing is April 9th, 2005: Hiroshima Green Arena, since that is the closest one to Iwakuni.....but really I'll take whatever date I can get.

The problem is, I have no idea how to get tickets. I've looked all over Ayu's official site and Team Ayu, but can't read anything. I would really like to sign up for Team Ayu as well if anyone knows how to do that.

Could someone please help me that has signed up for Team Ayu and also knows how to obtain the concert tickets. I would be forever grateful. You can also send me a PM or e-mail if you would rather do that.

I hope someone can help!

nmskalmn 28th October 2004 10:40 PM

The tickets for April probably are not available yet. The general sale for the CDL doesn't begin until 27 November: http://www.avexnet.or.jp/ayu/news/041022.html
Keep an eye on her official site for updates.

I don't know anything else about getting concert tickets in Japan, except that Ayu tix are always available at yahoo auctions japan just before the concert date (possible last resort).

I hope you get to see the show, good luck!

Biscuit 29th October 2004 03:37 AM

You can't sign up for Team Ayu unless you live in Japan. If you know someone in Japan who could sign up for you, you might try that. Otherwise, international addresses are not welcome. :(

Kazuko 29th October 2004 05:02 AM

sorry.. i have no clue.. i'm trying to figure that out >.< hahaXD

SunshineSlayer 29th October 2004 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biscuit
You can't sign up for Team Ayu unless you live in Japan. If you know someone in Japan who could sign up for you, you might try that. Otherwise, international addresses are not welcome. :(

Hmm. I finally found an online translator and got it to translate the Team Ayu page. Here is what it says about Overseas admissions:

"In regard from to the admission to of overseas Team Ayu, payment ofyear fee and the like with postal transfer being possible, to youlimit the method which can receive the mails in the country. Becausewe do not handle the overseas dispatch of the mails, acknowledgementyou ask beforehand."

Now, what the heck does that mean? lol I can't figure it out. It kind of sounds like yes, you can join from overseas but only if you ask beforehand? :irked

Here is another more simplified version I found on the site:

"In regard register from to the overseas, payment with postal transferbeing possible, to you limit the method which can receive the mails inthe country."

stardusties 13th March 2006 02:08 AM

Is there any other way of getting good tickets other than scalpers[those are obviously not exactly good seating tickets though] and yahoo auctions japan?

Would I need to know how to speak a little Japanese to buy tickets? or go to the concert area?

I'm planning to go to CDL 07-08...soo yea :) savin' up for that trip early ^^-

sexysaucestar 13th March 2006 05:45 AM

^ I pretty much recommend having contacts in Japan to get you the tickets--that'll be the best way.

stardusties 13th March 2006 11:32 AM

oh my...how would I do that? Getting penpals? :) That actually sounds like fun

hallelujah_united 13th March 2006 01:03 PM

Guess I'll need help from this thread too. Currently planning for AT 2007, anybody who wants to join me?

stardusties 13th March 2006 07:52 PM

^ oh cool! advance notices!, I'll try to see if i have the money to do AT 2007, then if so i'll join ya :)

So if anyone's seriously planning to go to CDL 07~08 then let's meet up maybe? :) that'd be fun!

TeamAyu 13th March 2006 09:57 PM

I would so be in for that! LOL But I still want like price estimates! I would DIE to see Countdown Live 2006-2007 or Arena Tour 2007 if there is one. *prays*

Norrel 13th March 2006 10:36 PM

Well Sunshine Slayer, who lives in US, found a way to get tickets for the new concert, so we'll wait for him/her to tell us.

SunshineSlayer 14th March 2006 12:40 AM

I'll make a thread about the best ways to do it when I get back to the states. Right now I've got to head to the airport!

stardusties 14th March 2006 12:44 AM

^ thanks! :) airports are fun! so have fun ^^-

MeMeMeChant 14th March 2006 06:02 AM

Yeah, I need help finding tickets too!! lol, I'm going for AT 2007! =]

I just wanna get tickets the first week available so I can get good seats! Thanks, SunShine Slayer!

hallelujah_united 15th March 2006 11:09 AM

Will be looking forward to the thread. :)

freedreamer 15th March 2006 02:45 PM

yea me too...dieing to noe

matt 15th March 2006 10:12 PM

The real only way to get tickets is to do it in Japan.

I got my tickets to CDL 04-05 through the fanclub as I was a member at the time, and Arena Tour 2005 I got through a ticket outlet. I got my A-Nation tickets through regular ticket outlet as well, and I got my Every Little Thing ticket through a pre-sale for people who went to A-Nation.

Scalpers in Japan are obvious to spot (they basically wave tickets in your face) but I have never dealt with them so I don't know what kind of prices they sell them for etc.

Yahoo Auctions can work if you're a) in Japan, or b) know somebody who is in Japan and is willing to do it for you. Avex were tricky this year, but actually mailing people tickets after they paid for them. Because of this, tickets were late showing up Yahoo Auctions, thus making it impossible for someone say to use Celga or something to buy them because the turn around time would be just too long.

nmskalmn 15th March 2006 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt
Arena Tour 2005 I got through a ticket outlet. I got my A-Nation tickets through regular ticket outlet as well

I'm just curious about how this works. Do you need a Japanese address or can you buy at someplace that will give you the tickets on the spot?

sexysaucestar 16th March 2006 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stardusties
oh my...how would I do that? Getting penpals? :) That actually sounds like fun

Pen pals work, or you could always befriend a Japanese exchange student at your school (if there are any who go to your school). :)

matt 16th March 2006 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmskalmn
I'm just curious about how this works. Do you need a Japanese address or can you buy at someplace that will give you the tickets on the spot?

That's a good question. I can't remember if I had to input my phonenumber or not into the mahcine when I bought my tickets. I don't think I did, but I can't be 100% sure.

SheFliesHigher 17th March 2006 04:45 AM

The way I got tickets to this year's concert was through Ebay, heh. You can find plenty of people selling tickets on Yahoo Japanauctions...there are many pages of them, but I would recommend gettng help from Japanese person because it can be tricky to navigate if you are lacking in Japanese skills. Almost all of these tickets are ones gotten through the fan club, so the seats will be good.

Since Ebay is an English auction site, I'd recommend checking there from time to time, as it will be easy for you to navigate.

I think that the reasonable price range per ticket should be $60-100 USD depending on what the seats are like.

hallelujah_united 17th March 2006 02:27 PM

I guess it's really time to start making Japanese pen-pals now.

stardusties 17th March 2006 08:08 PM

^ I've been doing that too....though the ones who've replied back 'hate japanese music' ....as i 'hate american music' XD LOL!

But, good luck to you and everyone <3

http://www.japan-guide.com/ is a a good place to start [recomended by CoryBobory :) :yes]

SunshineSlayer 17th March 2006 08:50 PM

Ok, how you get concert tickets: (many of these have already been mentioned here)

1. The official way - Just forget it, it ain't gonna happen if you aren't living in Japan and you likely will not be able to get the very best seats because they all go to fan club members and foreigners can not join the fanclub. So just resign yourself to that. :)

2. Yahoo!Auctions - However sellers will only ship to Japan so you need to either be living in Japan or get someone in Japan to bid on the auctions for you and then send the tickets to you - you might have to pay this person to do so as well as pay for shipping costs.

3. Akibado is a website that offers to bid on Japanese auctions for foreigners, but their prices to do look pretty high to me and I haven't used them before. However you might want to give them a try if you can't find anyone else to bid on the auctions for you and the Harajuku option listed below isn't possible for you either.

4. THE BEST way to get tickets is to not get them until you are actually in Japan. It sounds very risky, I know. If you are flying to Japan and getting a hotel room and spending all that money just to see Ayu live, you would generally like to have the tickets first so that you know for sure you are going. But trust me that this way is the easiest, least confusing, and ultimately cheapest way to go.

If your concert is in Tokyo or the surrounding area (Yokohama, Saitama, Chiba, Tochigi etc) what you want to do is go to a ticket reseller shop in Harajuku. It's very easy to find since it is on the famous Takashita Dori st.(famous for its crepes, fasion, and idol shops.) On the Tokyo Metro system, take the green Chiyoda line to the Meiji-Jingumae stop. Exit the station and you should see a big store across the street called Snoopy Town.(this is a cool place to check out since it has more Snoopy merchandise than anywhere in the US.^_^) Cross the street to Snoopy Town and then continue down the sidewalk to the left. Soon you will see Takashita Dori on the right. (You really can't miss it, there is a big archway over the start of the street that says Takashita Dori) It's a narrow crowded street filled with Idol shops that sell every photo, key chain, pen etc with Ayumi, Gackt, MM, L'arc and zillions of boy bands on them - Don't spend all of your money before you get to the Ayumi tickets! lol. About 3/4s of the way down the street there will be a lingerie store called LOVX on your left.(don't confuse it with the LOVX building that will be on your right about 1/2 way down the street. That store just sells cosmetics.) There are a set of stairs in front that lead up to the second level of the LOVX building and inside of there is concert ticket mecca. They have tickets for sale for every major concert tour currently going on as well as sell tour goods from past tours, all in glass displays, so you can easily pick out what you want. Best of all, the prices are reasonable. I actually paid less at that shop for Ayu tickets than I did through Yahoo!Auctions and the seats were comprable. Also, as the concert gets closer they will seriously mark down tickets that haven't sold yet. I saw one 400 level ticket that they had for the Saitama show which hadn't sold yet(the concert was the next day) and they were selling it for 3000 yen! Pretty amazing considering that the ticket originally cost 7,800. They have tickets for all over Japan, but obviously the area they are the most well stocked for is the Tokyo area.

Much Japanese isn't required to buy the tickets. You can simply point to the one you want and they'll get what you mean. Of course speaking at least some Japanese is helpful, but you should be able to get by mainly on gestures and their limited English ability. :)

So if you want to go to a concert in or around Tokyo all you need to be thinking about is that shop in Harajuku. :) It's easily the best option.

5. The last option are scalpers. Your likely to pay more, but usually they are better seats. For example, I had 2 tickets for the Sun. Saitama performance - both were for the 400 level(far back from the stage). So I found a scalper and traded my 2 400 level tickets for 1 200 level ticket + I had to pay 3000 yen. You generally don't have to try and spot the scalpers. If your concert is one of the main ones(like Saitama, Yoyogi, Osaka) they will be waiting to pounce on you just as you leave the train station. Authorities must not care about scalpers because they do it wide out in the open and very obviously. It's worth noting though that I didn't see any scalpers at the Hiroshima show last year. However, they were all over the Saitama show this year. For this option it's good to at least know how to count in Japanese and know what 'man' and 'sen' yen mean, that way you can bargain with them. As I found out, this is also an excellent option if you already have your tickets but want a better seat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SheFliesHigher
I think that the reasonable price range per ticket should be $60-100 USD depending on what the seats are like.

I wish. :) The tickets to start with cost 7,800 yen which is roughly $80. But expect to pay at a very minimum 10,000 yen. But it more than likely will end up being between 12,000 and 17,000 yen. ($120-$170) And that is just for bad to mid range seats, not the best seats.

Norrel 19th March 2006 12:29 AM

Wow, thanks alot SS :D

Jennie Mae 19th March 2006 06:16 PM

Starts penpal letter...
"Hello Yoshi, my name is Jennifer and I live in California. I would like to be your Japanese pen pal!
Here is $100. Please send me a ticket to Ayu's new tour. Thank you!...."
*reads SunshineSlayer's post... throws away letter* That's much more efficient, if not polite.

sexysaucestar 19th March 2006 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennie Mae
Starts penpal letter...
"Hello Yoshi, my name is Jennifer and I live in California. I would like to be your Japanese pen pal!
Here is $100. Please send me a ticket to Ayu's new tour. Thank you!...."
*reads SunshineSlayer's post... throws away letter* That's much more efficient, if not polite.

:laugh Well of course getting the tickets on your own is much better than taking advantage of a Japanese friend that you might barely know....^^;

I guess I sounded a little mean about saying the only way to get tickets is through Japanese friends. Although it does help to have a Japanese contact in Japan, it's probably better if you actually know them in person ^^;

immel 19th March 2006 07:57 PM

Thank you SunshineSlayer, when I read your post I got all shaky... making my dreams come true (going to AT2006) is closer than ever. After trying to calm down a bit I read your post again and checked up the different alternatives you stated. I need to go and calm down more now. AAAAAAAaah.

Thank you so much!

I have some other questions for you, is it ok for me to ask you even more? I think I should PM them. Please tell me if its okay for me to ask you more questions!

ph33r 19th March 2006 09:13 PM

Do last day shows cost more than the regular ones?

SunshineSlayer 20th March 2006 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by immel
Thank you SunshineSlayer, when I read your post I got all shaky... making my dreams come true (going to AT2006) is closer than ever. After trying to calm down a bit I read your post again and checked up the different alternatives you stated. I need to go and calm down more now. AAAAAAAaah.

Thank you so much!

I have some other questions for you, is it ok for me to ask you even more? I think I should PM them. Please tell me if its okay for me to ask you more questions!

Yes, go ahead and ask questions. :) It's ok to post them here because I'm sure others have the same questions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ph33r
Do last day shows cost more than the regular ones?

That I don't know since I've never been to her final show of a tour. (the one that is filmed for the DVD.) The final show this time is June 11th at Yoyogi Stadium in Tokyo. However it will be her 5th show there this tour. (2 in April and 3 in June) That is a lot of dates at the same venue, so maybe the price won't be too bad.

SheFliesHigher 23rd March 2006 09:37 AM

My two tickets to the concert in April were approximately $200. Just as a note, $1 is worth about 115 yen. The dollar is always strong against the yen, so 7,800 yen would be less than $78.

SunshineSlayer 23rd March 2006 10:12 AM

Quote:

My two tickets to the concert in April were approximately $200. Just as a note, $1 is worth about 115 yen. The dollar is always strong against the yen, so 7,800 yen would be less than $78.

Actually it's usually the opposite. It's either an even exchange or yen is worth more. This is the only time I've actually seen the dollar worth more.

SheFliesHigher 23rd March 2006 04:59 PM

^We've had different experiences then. In the past 2 years, there has been no occasion for me where yen has been worth more than the dollar. But anyway. As long as you get tickets, it makes no difference ^_^

everlastingRAINBOW 24th March 2006 03:20 AM

I think all the AHS people should meet up at AT 07! I'm going with my friend Brittney! I'll see ya guys there hallelujah united and MeMeMeChant! Do you know what concert you guys are going to? I think Brit and I are going to the last show in Tokyo, but we can only go if it runs into June again because school doesn't end until may 25th!

sexysaucestar 24th March 2006 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer
Actually it's usually the opposite. It's either an even exchange or yen is worth more. This is the only time I've actually seen the dollar worth more.

Yeah, I'm surprised the dollar is worth more at this point...it's a good thing for me though! :D Haha.

My ticket cost $75 to the April 22 show. Not bad ^^

Love Appears 24th March 2006 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xilirationisfun
I think all the AHS people should meet up at AT 07! I'm going with my friend Brittney! I'll see ya guys there hallelujah united and MeMeMeChant!

Oh, if only. :no If only we could all afford to just fly to Japan and get together to see Ayu live. That'd be the coolest thing ever. You guys are lucky. Enjoy it and have fun. :yes

everlastingRAINBOW 24th March 2006 10:07 PM

Can someone please tell me when her AT 07 tickets will go on sale? They don't start selling in november do they, isn't that just Countdown live? <3

sexysaucestar 24th March 2006 10:50 PM

^ AT 2007 shouldn't start going on sale until January/February of next year.

everlastingRAINBOW 24th March 2006 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soysaucestar
^ AT 2007 shouldn't start going on sale until January/February of next year.

Thank you ^_^!

evolution105 24th March 2006 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xilirationisfun
I think all the AHS people should meet up at AT 07! I'm going with my friend Brittney! I'll see ya guys there hallelujah united and MeMeMeChant! Do you know what concert you guys are going to? I think Brit and I are going to the last show in Tokyo, but we can only go if it runs into June again because school doesn't end until may 25th!

that would be so cool! maybe i'll save up for next year as well!

school ends at May for you?

everlastingRAINBOW 25th March 2006 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evolution105
that would be so cool! maybe i'll save up for next year as well!

school ends at May for you?

Yea haha, I think you should go too ^^

SunshineSlayer 26th March 2006 05:29 AM

Quote:

^We've had different experiences then. In the past 2 years, there has been no occasion for me where yen has been worth more than the dollar. But anyway. As long as you get tickets, it makes no difference ^_^

Last year when I went, yen was worth more and the 3 years that I lived there yen was worth more or it was pretty even. I don't know when you went, but you must have gotten lucky. ^_^

evildede 29th March 2006 12:39 AM

Anyone else going to Countdown Live 2007-2008? I'm supposed to go to Japan 3-4 weeks at that time of the year with a few friends and was hoping to see her end of year show. If some of you guys are going at the same time maybe we could help each other to get tickets or something, that would be really cool!

MsMiyabi 1st April 2006 09:37 PM

May I ask how much is the most expensive ticket? Also how much is the last show ticket.

SunshineSlayer 1st April 2006 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akurei
May I ask how much is the most expensive ticket? Also how much is the last show ticket.

There is no way to know that. It is not like in the US where you can pay more to get a better seat. All seats are 7,800 yen and it's just the luck of the draw as to where you will end up(fanclub members get better seats though.) So when buying from an auction or a ticket reseller expect to pay at least 12,000 yen for a semi decent seat.

Blasterion 4th April 2006 02:23 AM

this thread is making my dreams come true, I'm soo gonna see Ayu next year, since I couldn't go this year 'cause lack of funds ..paying bills suck...lol
now I only have to see how I'm going to get my tickets, thanks so much for the info and stuff you guys have put up here so far..
yeah and maybe we should make it a group thing, and they should reserve a whole section just for AHS members....maybe? ;)

stardusties 6th May 2006 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evildede
Anyone else going to Countdown Live 2007-2008? I'm supposed to go to Japan 3-4 weeks at that time of the year with a few friends and was hoping to see her end of year show. If some of you guys are going at the same time maybe we could help each other to get tickets or something, that would be really cool!

hehe, guess you didn't see my posts ummmm I'm planning to becuase i'll be around that area....but i don't know if i'll be able to get a ticket because there's only ticket enough for 2 days of it...

destiny_ayu 6th May 2006 04:17 PM

I've seen like other artiste's fanclub. Some of them are really enthusiastic about concerts.

The one who stays in the country that the artiste's gonna perform, will buy for most of their tickets. I think this is also one of the easiest way.:P

Zeke. 7th July 2006 06:02 PM

Do they sell front row seats anywhere? I wanna go next year but really want front row seats. I read they cost around $650 but if I go I am gonna go all out so it doesn't really matter, lol...

immel 7th July 2006 07:32 PM

With some luck you can find them on auctions or in the ticket re-seller stores, but there's no guarantee for that. They can probably cost up to 1200$ in the re-seller stores.

When the tickets are released next year, keep a close eye at auctions.yahoo.co.jp.

ayu1m 2nd August 2006 07:38 PM

I'm also trying to attend AT07 in Tokyo, just hoping that the dates will match my schedule so I can go :P I'm gonna travel with couple of my friends so it would be really cool to gather around in Tokyo if theres ppl attending at the same time from ASH ^^

Ayu_Fan_00 5th August 2006 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hallelujah_united
Guess I'll need help from this thread too. Currently planning for AT 2007, anybody who wants to join me?

I do, pm me.

Hatix 29th August 2006 09:24 AM

I'm seriously planning for AT 2007 as well. I will probably go in June to one of the last concerts in Yoyogi (doesn't have to be the very last one).
I will (like any one would) buy some tickets before I go to japan (yahoo, ebay, whatever), and then go to those ticket resellers for a second concert :P and maybe try to get some deal for some good tickets. But it would be nice to go with a few AHS members together, all from different parts of the world. :)

I will be going to Tokyo for a week at the end of october and I'm going to check on those ticket resellers, where they are exactly in Harajuku. Will probably take some pictures how to get there and prepare some other stuff as well.
And also one tip if you buy tickets before you go to japan, DON'T use akibado, they are very slow lately (meaning 1-2 months), fdjp is probably faster.

So count me in too for AT 2007 too. PM me as well if you want. I'm a good planner. :)

immel 2nd September 2006 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatix (Post 855998)
I will (like any one would) buy some tickets before I go to japan

Not necessarily ;).

Hatix 2nd September 2006 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by immel (Post 859603)

I know you got them when you got there, but I'm still somewhat reluctant. But since you only decided 7 days before you went to Tokyo it would be a bit short to buy them beforehand.
But I'm still not sure what i'll do next year, buy some before I go. As I will probably buy another one when I'm there to go to 2 concerts :).
I was actually almost going to go in June this year, but I got that idea out of my head because I had just went 3 weeks on vacation in May, and would need to ask for another week at my work, just a few weeks later. But if it wasn't for that, I would have gone in june already. I was just like you, that you just HAD to go. I had also read on the reviews by others that went already. So now I'm SO going next year :P. And I'm not unsure of traveling alone (as i"m also going alone to Tokyo end of october), but I may have my best friend who wants to go as well (and also is a fan of Ayumi).
But still, about the tickets, I'll see what happens next year :).

And I just bought my flight tickets, and if you wait a bit and not too long you can get a good price. I got some for just 650€ (with Swiss Int. Air Lines). So I will probably only have spent about 1000€ for flight and hotel for 1 week Tokyo, not bad. But then there comes the spending on other stuff ;p

Shiva 4th September 2006 06:15 AM

lemme join the boat :D
i am planning on going next year as well.right now i'm struggling to find cheap tickets(both plane and concert tickets)........and well,reading the posts on here have made me realize how expensive things will be overall.
i'll need 2000 CDN,easily at least that much.

i still dunno when exactly i'll go because

1.i'm going with some friends of mine,so we'd have to agree on a date.
2.still dunno when ayu will hold concerts either.

so yeah........but i visited that Japan-guide site and browsed it for a little more than an hour to check out the places and hotels.so i have a good idea of what to expect now.

i also dream of going to A-nation aside from an ayu concert ^^

immel 4th September 2006 06:20 AM

Struggling to find cheap concert tickets? There haven't even been any confirmation of any tour during 2007 yet o_o;

Shiva 4th September 2006 07:47 AM

lol yeah......well anyhow i said that because of what people said they usually sell for.

animefanatic002 11th September 2006 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer (Post 700983)
Ok, how you get concert tickets: (many of these have already been mentioned here)

1. The official way - Just forget it, it ain't gonna happen if you aren't living in Japan and you likely will not be able to get the very best seats because they all go to fan club members and foreigners can not join the fanclub. So just resign yourself to that. :)

2. Yahoo!Auctions - However sellers will only ship to Japan so you need to either be living in Japan or get someone in Japan to bid on the auctions for you and then send the tickets to you - you might have to pay this person to do so as well as pay for shipping costs.

3. Akibado is a website that offers to bid on Japanese auctions for foreigners, but their prices to do look pretty high to me and I haven't used them before. However you might want to give them a try if you can't find anyone else to bid on the auctions for you and the Harajuku option listed below isn't possible for you either.

4. THE BEST way to get tickets is to not get them until you are actually in Japan. It sounds very risky, I know. If you are flying to Japan and getting a hotel room and spending all that money just to see Ayu live, you would generally like to have the tickets first so that you know for sure you are going. But trust me that this way is the easiest, least confusing, and ultimately cheapest way to go.

If your concert is in Tokyo or the surrounding area (Yokohama, Saitama, Chiba, Tochigi etc) what you want to do is go to a ticket reseller shop in Harajuku. It's very easy to find since it is on the famous Takashita Dori st.(famous for its crepes, fasion, and idol shops.) On the Tokyo Metro system, take the green Chiyoda line to the Meiji-Jingumae stop. Exit the station and you should see a big store across the street called Snoopy Town.(this is a cool place to check out since it has more Snoopy merchandise than anywhere in the US.^_^) Cross the street to Snoopy Town and then continue down the sidewalk to the left. Soon you will see Takashita Dori on the right. (You really can't miss it, there is a big archway over the start of the street that says Takashita Dori) It's a narrow crowded street filled with Idol shops that sell every photo, key chain, pen etc with Ayumi, Gackt, MM, L'arc and zillions of boy bands on them - Don't spend all of your money before you get to the Ayumi tickets! lol. About 3/4s of the way down the street there will be a lingerie store called LOVX on your left.(don't confuse it with the LOVX building that will be on your right about 1/2 way down the street. That store just sells cosmetics.) There are a set of stairs in front that lead up to the second level of the LOVX building and inside of there is concert ticket mecca. They have tickets for sale for every major concert tour currently going on as well as sell tour goods from past tours, all in glass displays, so you can easily pick out what you want. Best of all, the prices are reasonable. I actually paid less at that shop for Ayu tickets than I did through Yahoo!Auctions and the seats were comprable. Also, as the concert gets closer they will seriously mark down tickets that haven't sold yet. I saw one 400 level ticket that they had for the Saitama show which hadn't sold yet(the concert was the next day) and they were selling it for 3000 yen! Pretty amazing considering that the ticket originally cost 7,800. They have tickets for all over Japan, but obviously the area they are the most well stocked for is the Tokyo area.

Much Japanese isn't required to buy the tickets. You can simply point to the one you want and they'll get what you mean. Of course speaking at least some Japanese is helpful, but you should be able to get by mainly on gestures and their limited English ability. :)

So if you want to go to a concert in or around Tokyo all you need to be thinking about is that shop in Harajuku. :) It's easily the best option.

5. The last option are scalpers. Your likely to pay more, but usually they are better seats. For example, I had 2 tickets for the Sun. Saitama performance - both were for the 400 level(far back from the stage). So I found a scalper and traded my 2 400 level tickets for 1 200 level ticket + I had to pay 3000 yen. You generally don't have to try and spot the scalpers. If your concert is one of the main ones(like Saitama, Yoyogi, Osaka) they will be waiting to pounce on you just as you leave the train station. Authorities must not care about scalpers because they do it wide out in the open and very obviously. It's worth noting though that I didn't see any scalpers at the Hiroshima show last year. However, they were all over the Saitama show this year. For this option it's good to at least know how to count in Japanese and know what 'man' and 'sen' yen mean, that way you can bargain with them. As I found out, this is also an excellent option if you already have your tickets but want a better seat.

I wish. :) The tickets to start with cost 7,800 yen which is roughly $80. But expect to pay at a very minimum 10,000 yen. But it more than likely will end up being between 12,000 and 17,000 yen. ($120-$170) And that is just for bad to mid range seats, not the best seats.

thank you soo much for the info!!! it helps out a lot, especially about the store you told us about!

k1s3k1 28th September 2006 01:13 PM

i want to go to CDL 06-07, but im not sure on how to get tickets for it.. anyone living in Japan willing to buy me a ticket?

SunshineSlayer 28th September 2006 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k1s3k1 (Post 887746)
i want to go to CDL 06-07, but im not sure on how to get tickets for it.. anyone living in Japan willing to buy me a ticket?

You are in an entire thread about how to get Ayu concert tickets. lol.

Tickets for the CDL won't go onsale until around Nov. anyways. btw, I'm going too. :) Any other AHSers planning on it?

immel 28th September 2006 02:45 PM

I was planning on going until two months ago. If I go I will probably have a place to stay at for free, so it's very tempting.

Around 10 people I know, of which 4 are close friends, left for Tokyo this very morning and are going to stay there for a year, visiting them for new year wouldn't be wrong either.

I kind of need my money badly though, so many other things I want to do, other places I want to go... but meeting up with people from AHS to go for CDL, that would be pretty awesome.

I hope I have my priorities worked out by when the tickets are released, maybe every AHSer who want to go can join in a pool, and we buy tickets together so that we can all go together :).

SunshineSlayer 28th September 2006 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by immel (Post 887825)

I hope I have my priorities worked out by when the tickets are released, maybe every AHSer who want to go can join in a pool, and we buy tickets together so that we can all go together :).

That sounds cool, we just need an AHSer in Japan to get the tickets for us. :)

immel 28th September 2006 11:54 PM

Maybe that can be solved, although my friends will probably not be fluent in Japanese in two months, hehe... I don't know, there might be other possibilities apart from that, but it's not very likely. Hopefully someone know someone :).

k1s3k1 29th September 2006 11:55 AM

if someone in Japan can buy me a ticket that would be great -_- coz i will be going to Japan in December.. and by that time it would be sold out i guess..

immel 29th September 2006 12:14 PM

^You can probably get tickets through the ticket reseller stores, if you are ready to pay a high price for them. I guess they'll be around double the original price.

SunshineSlayer 29th September 2006 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k1s3k1 (Post 889088)
if someone in Japan can buy me a ticket that would be great -_- coz i will be going to Japan in December.. and by that time it would be sold out i guess..

As has been stated in the thread, go to the ticket resale shops. No wait, don't. We'll be going after the same ticket. :-P

Hatix 11th November 2006 04:41 PM

Well, I'm back from Tokyo a week now, finally getting into my normal rhythm after a short week.
Well, I think I found another reseller shop as I walked past it (I didn't went to check afterwards). It's actually very conveniently located if you go by plane to Tokyo. If you're coming to Tokyo/Japan through Narita Airport, you will most probably take the Keisei Skyliner or Keisei Limited Express and arive at Ueno Keisei Station (not the normal Ueno Station which is about 200m further). If you leave through the main entrance of Ueno Keisei station, cross the street (Chuo Dori), and then a little further (about 200m) in the direction of Akihabara, you'll find the reseller shop (ground floor). I think it was a reseller shop, or at least it had a lot of artist stuff and advertising for concerts.

I also went to check out that other reseller shop on Takeshita Dori in Harajuku. It's not a very big shop, and about 90% of the shop is filled with photographs and some merchandise of artists. But close to the counter, there's a display with tickets. I forgot to take some pictures though.

Anyway, had a great time in Tokyo (spent quite some time in Akihabara though :p ), and as a loyal ayu-fan, I went to have a look at the Tokyo Dome & Yoyogi National Gymnasium :p

immel 11th November 2006 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatix (Post 944150)
Well, I'm back from Tokyo a week now, finally getting into my normal rhythm after a short week.

I should start with saying welcome back :).

Quote:

Well, I think I found another reseller shop as I walked past it (I didn't went to check afterwards). It's actually very conveniently located if you go by plane to Tokyo. If you're coming to Tokyo/Japan through Narita Airport, you will most probably take the Keisei Skyliner or Keisei Limited Express and arive at Ueno Keisei Station (not the normal Ueno Station which is about 200m further). If you leave through the main entrance of Ueno Keisei station, cross the street (Chuo Dori), and then a little further (about 200m) in the direction of Akihabara, you'll find the reseller shop (ground floor). I think it was a reseller shop, or at least it had a lot of artist stuff and advertising for concerts.
About this reseller store, I also found one in Ueno and I have pointed out its location in google maps in the tutorial thread, would you mind checking if that one is the same? If it isn't the same, would you mind me adding this information to the tutorial?

Quote:

I also went to check out that other reseller shop on Takeshita Dori in Harajuku. It's not a very big shop, and about 90% of the shop is filled with photographs and some merchandise of artists. But close to the counter, there's a display with tickets. I forgot to take some pictures though.
How many displays they have with tickets probably varies based on how many tours is going on, when I was there the entire store was filled up with tickets wherever you looked. The Ayu ones was right at the entrance.

Quote:

Anyway, had a great time in Tokyo (spent quite some time in Akihabara though :p ), and as a loyal ayu-fan, I went to have a look at the Tokyo Dome & Yoyogi National Gymnasium :p
Akihabara is awesome, I never went to look at Tokyo Dome when I was there, which I regret (:().

Hatix 11th November 2006 05:59 PM

Hmm, seems it's been a while since I read that tutorial, didn't remember it also said about that one in Ueno. But I can confirm that it is still there and that's the exact location of the one I saw. I didn't look for the one in Shibuya.

About the one in Harajuku: at the entrance there was a cabinent with a lot of ayu tour stuff, so that's probably why the tickets were also displayed there. Hmm, why oh why didn't I buy that big ayupan & nice towel :( (probably had no time left). Also about other little ayu-stuff in Harajuku (or at least in Takeshite Dori), didn't find much, except for some pictures & pencil boxes. Maybe looked in the wrong places, there seems to be a lot more boy band stuff.

Hehe, you may find it a bit over the top, but when I was almost at Tokyo Dome, I played the concert mp3 of Dome Tour on my mp3-player :p (wish she did another concert there). Made a travel blog with some pictures here

ayu1m 11th November 2006 06:12 PM

I bet you had a wonderful trip ^^ I can't wait to go to Japan :yes

Nice pictures aswell : )

immel 11th November 2006 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatix (Post 944219)
About the one in Harajuku: at the entrance there was a cabinent with a lot of ayu tour stuff, so that's probably why the tickets were also displayed there. Hmm, why oh why didn't I buy that big ayupan & nice towel :( (probably had no time left). Also about other little ayu-stuff in Harajuku (or at least in Takeshite Dori), didn't find much, except for some pictures & pencil boxes. Maybe looked in the wrong places, there seems to be a lot more boy band stuff.

Yep, that's the place. Haha, they still have the giant ayupan? They had it when I was there back in April, too. Yeah, there's barely no Ayu stuff there, boy bands is the thing right now. I wish I could have visited back in 2001-2002.

Quote:

Hehe, you may find it a bit over the top, but when I was almost at Tokyo Dome, I played the concert mp3 of Dome Tour on my mp3-player :p (wish she did another concert there).
Haha, I would most likely have done the same... I almost only listened to (miss)understood while I was there, for certain reasons ;).

Quote:

Made a travel blog with some pictures here
I checked them out, thanks for the links, your pictures and you look good.

FunniBunniB 11th January 2007 05:03 AM

Does anyone know how to get ahold of backstage passes for CDL 07-08???

Hatix 11th January 2007 12:22 PM

Ee-to..., nearly impossible, i guess...
or try to sneak in, and get attacked by ayu's 10 bodyguards :D

Ayu_Jayson 14th January 2007 11:25 AM

Cool stuff Hatix! Esp the pan figurines, haha!

Hatix 15th January 2007 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayu_Jayson (Post 995297)
Cool stuff Hatix! Esp the pan figurines, haha!

Well, the 'collection' has grown to 11 ayupans :D

And no, they did not start multiply by themselves :D

mimika 11th April 2007 04:45 PM

How can you get Ayu concert tickets

Hi everybody,

I'm planning to go see ayu this Dec CDL. Does anyone know how and where can you get tickets?

Thanks!

Chibi_Venus 15th April 2007 11:04 PM

Have you checked this thread?

(I've never read it myself, so I'm not sure if they have how to's for CDL.)

immel 16th April 2007 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mimika (Post 1065549)
Hi everybody,

I'm planning to go see ayu this Dec CDL. Does anyone know how and where can you get tickets?

Thanks!

I think you might also want to check this thread out:
http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43522

Double 8th May 2007 06:44 AM

see ayu in her concert live in Japan is the biggest dream of mine.

mocomoco 17th February 2008 04:10 PM

How to buy Ayu concert tickets?

Hi Folks!

Im set to go for Ayu's 2008 countdown concert! But I have a problem.. How do i get the tickets? Can i buy it online? Or are there some other ways to buy? :)

leo_nardez 17th February 2008 04:14 PM

2008 countdown? it's passed...

u mean the asia tour?

everlastingRAINBOW 17th February 2008 10:44 PM

There is a huge article about this. Try the search button :yes

CREA 7th April 2008 01:35 AM

Acquiring AT08 Tickets

Hello.

I'm in great need in some help with getting tickets for AT08.

I will be in Hong Kong and then Japan through Jun 13-30. I was hoping to go to 6/28 or 6/29 (final) and need some help and/or advice on how to get tickets. But I could also attend any of the 17 - 22 shows as well.

I'm not trying to spend $500 on tickets on ebay, and I'm not really trying to get them off scalpers either if I don't have to and I know there are people on these boards that live in Japan (and some in Team Ayu) that have already attended concerts and have easy access to getting them.

So, if anyone could help me out, it would really be appreciated.

(Hopefully I didn't post this in the incorrect section..)

che0173 7th April 2008 04:28 AM

thos eare the only ways u can get them
u could always try yahoo auctions but thats gonna be as expensive as ebay
scalpers are the cheapest way to get it
but if u dont find ne on da day at the entrance then ur a gonner =(
lols

Suteisi 7th April 2008 02:13 PM

You could try to make a friend from Japan. On another forum I found a british guy that's around my age that lives in Tokyo. He says he'll help me as long as I pay for everything(shipping, tickets, plus a bit of commission for his 'services'). Though I haven't know him for a very long time it could be quite risky.

There is a thread in the Ayu Chat-room with lots of info. You should check it out, there are lots of tips on how to get her tickets :3

che0173 7th April 2008 10:36 PM

=O
how much u bought them for?

animegirl16 9th April 2008 01:07 AM

How can I get tickets to Ayu's 10th Anniversary tour?

Hi, I'm going to Japan in June for my graduation and I would really like to go to Ayu's 10 Anniversary tour. I was just wondering if anyone knew of a way I could purchase tickets. I already called a box office type thing in Japan and they told me I couldn't buy any because I live in the U.S. so does anyone know of a way I could get one? Thanks!

hayasaki 9th April 2008 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double (Post 1086208)

Me tooooo....

i'm here in Japan but i couldn't find enough money to buy...pOor Boy.
XD..LOL

che0173 19th April 2008 02:13 AM

i just saw some1 win 2 x AT08 tickets for around 50usd on yahoo auction japan =\
for 27th April
which is next week!!!
i asked my friend to bid for it and then i'd keep it as a souvenir but she said that her free yahoo ID could only bid 5000yen max and it ended up below 5300yen =(
lols