Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Asian Music Chat (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   [Official Message] Avex press release: Flu in Osaka!? (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90215)

Bigtop 19th May 2009 11:35 PM

Avex press release: Flu in Osaka!?

I just found out that there might be something bad in Osaka, and I think there is some relationship between the flu outbreak and some concerts around Osaka over the next few days (including Ayu on the 20th and 21st, then Ai Otsuka on the 23rd and 24th on the same venue).

Click this link to learn more: http://www.avex.co.jp/j_site/press/2009/090519.pdf

Does anybody know why Avex put this press release something regarding on Osaka, the flu outbreak and the concerts? I'd be glad if someone translates for me...

Related articles: Flu prompts karaoke boom in Japan - BBC News; Sports tourney may have spread flu / Outbreak of new strain may have origins in high school volleyball meet - Yomiuri Shimbun

UPDATE: All concerts in Osaka/Hyogo Prefecture area, including Ayu's May 20th/21st Arena Tour concerts, Ai's May 23rd/24th Love Letter Tour concerts and Kuu's May 23rd/24th concerts, have been canceled. Here's what truehappiness said:

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 1948784)
Apparently, all concerts in Osaka for avex artists have been canceled.

-sigh-

See also: Showbiz Reacts to Spread of Swine Flu - Japan Zone

I think now this also affects some other artists doing concerts in Osaka, too...

Here are some more details added, which is already posted but I am posting it here just in case someone wants to see it in the first page itself...
Quote:

Avex cancels Kansai concerts due to flu concerns

TOKYO —
Record label Avex announced this week that the upcoming Kansai-area concerts of several of its popular artists have been canceled due to continuing spread in the area of the H1N1 influenza virus. Thus far, six concerts have been canceled for Ayumi Hamazaki, 30, Ai Otsuka, 26, and Kumi Koda, 26. The shows would have had a total estimated attendance of around 48,000 people.

Avex originally had no plans to cancel the concerts, instead supplying anti-bacterial disinfectant at the entrance to the concert halls and mouthwash in the bathrooms. Masks would be required for any concert-goers who had coughs, sneezes or any other symptoms.

After further consideration, the company later decided to cancel the shows altogether, saying that there would be problems supplying enough masks and disinfectant to audiences. Avex said they would like to put the safety of fans first, and as of yet, very little is known about the spread of the virus. New dates for the canceled shows are currently being decided.

The H1N1 virus has already resulted in the rescheduling of concerts for boy band Kansai Johnny’s Junior. The group was originally scheduled to play four shows on May 23 and 24 at Umeda Arts Theater.

http://www.japantoday.com/category/e...o-flu-concerns

JackieRos 19th May 2009 11:37 PM

OMG!

if only i could copy and paste to google translator

truehappiness 19th May 2009 11:40 PM

Apparently, all concerts in Osaka for avex artists have been canceled.

-sigh-

Hazuki 19th May 2009 11:43 PM

^ Yup. Because the flu seems to be getting worse in the Kansai area :(
They're going to refund tickets and such.

&&; they're going to try and fix new dates.
Sorry, I forgot to say that ^^;

majrakun 19th May 2009 11:43 PM

Wow, the money-making monster must be feelin' pretty doooown now.

But that's good, at least they're not crazy enough the risk their artists' as well as the audience's (-to-be) health.

Dokiyo 19th May 2009 11:46 PM

wow.....such a terrible time~ but hey~ this means a rest for ayu` right? `^^

JackieRos 19th May 2009 11:48 PM

^ yap
thats a good effect

kirei_ayumi 19th May 2009 11:54 PM

wow, it sounds like this was meant to happen so ayu can get rest....:innocent

maze 20th May 2009 12:37 AM

hopefully all this will pass soon T_T

next level tour and trick tour they must continue :yes♥

AyUta 20th May 2009 12:41 AM

Wow, that sucks. Good they're keeping to safe measures though.

SURREAL__RAINBOW 20th May 2009 12:41 AM

U___U

minna 20th May 2009 12:44 AM

that definitly sucks :(
but at least they will fix new dates

I think it's the best decision

nanakopy87 20th May 2009 01:03 AM

so means ayu can have some rest on that few days?

alternarist 20th May 2009 01:07 AM

hm... well i guess there is nothing ayu can do. it's not within her control :P

PoetGirl 20th May 2009 01:11 AM

now ayu go get some rest :)

rakeru 20th May 2009 01:11 AM

goodness, i would be so POed if my Ayu concert was canceled. i wonder if it'll be reimbursed...?

TITANIC 20th May 2009 01:13 AM

weeeww
poor Osaka fans

visionfactory 20th May 2009 01:26 AM

I'm worried about Ayu :( I hate this disease

stef_gal 20th May 2009 01:27 AM

Is better to cancel it...
health of Ayu and the people there are more important...

KarenPang 20th May 2009 01:44 AM

I'm not surprised as the flu outbreak situation in Japan is getting worst judging from the daily updates that I read / saw on the news

it's best for the tour dates to get cancelled in case more people gets infected by this

& it's not just her , other artistes are also affected by this too *points to Kanjani8 & KAT-TUN (in due time)