Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [Article] Ayu at 39 for concert attendees. (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124397)

DonkeyKongRemix 23rd January 2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njanjayrp (Post 3294375)
I think ayu usually sells out over 90-95% of the tickets. I have never seen a significant number of empty seats, plus you can never be sure whether some of those were actually sold, but people didn’t make it.

Also the self proclaimed “queen of live” doesn’t appear to be in top 50?

Who's this self proclaimed queen of live?

njanjayrp 23rd January 2019 11:52 AM

^ https://rhythmzone.net/koda/discogra...php?id=1006214

I never really understood this kind of boasting. I personally find it appalling for a number of reasons. This also turned into an irritating hashtag commonly used by her fans.

Gustavopc 23rd January 2019 01:23 PM

This term was used around her 10th anniv for the first time iirc but it doesn't refer to selling lots of tickets but to her concerts being... Extra lol Lots of dancing, beautiful stages, lots of props... It's more in line with Kylie's title of showgirl than being a giant ticket seller.

And sorry if you read it that way but I wrote "you" in my post in the plural, I didn't even quote you specifically, Andrenekoi

And my last addition: no one said she sold half of her tickets. You guys came up with those numbers.

melissalove 23rd January 2019 06:14 PM

Namie: queen of hip pop , ayu: empress of Jpop, kumi just wanted her own name which in this case is queen of live. I wonder what utada would be?? Though I don’t think she cares lol.

Cahz- 23rd January 2019 06:29 PM

Did Ayumi called herself "Empress of jpop"? I don't know the story behind that nickname.

Deep snow 23rd January 2019 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cahz- (Post 3294422)
Did Ayumi called herself "Empress of jpop"? I don't know the story behind that nickname.

I don't think ayu herself came up with this; she doesn't strike me as someone who would proclaim such a grandiose "title". I might be wrong though haha.

maxikot 23rd January 2019 07:08 PM

Namie: Queen of Hip Hop. Koda: Queen of live
Ayu: And I am the Party Queen! YOLO

Evan Odinson 23rd January 2019 07:15 PM

It comes from her article in TIME magazine in 2002 I think (not sure if it was used before) but it wasn't self proclaimed lol also you can find her listed in the "Honorific nicknames in popular music" as the Empress of Pop (Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honori..._popular_music)

https://i.imgur.com/RavAdXo.jpg

Gustavopc 23rd January 2019 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissalove (Post 3294421)
Namie: queen of hip pop , ayu: empress of Jpop, kumi just wanted her own name which in this case is queen of live. I wonder what utada would be?? Though I don’t think she cares lol.

Tetris queen :laugh

minkAYuko 23rd January 2019 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njanjayrp (Post 3294375)
I think ayu usually sells out over 90-95% of the tickets. I have never seen a significant number of empty seats, plus you can never be sure whether some of those were actually sold, but people didn’t make it.

Also the self proclaimed “queen of live” doesn’t appear to be in top 50?

it also refers to the fact that she can sing and dance LIVE, something ayumi stopped doing years ago (the "singing" since she's never actually dance). But different strokes for different folks I guess! :yes

Evan Odinson 23rd January 2019 07:43 PM

^sorry but when did Ayu stopped singing live according to you?

Cahz- 23rd January 2019 07:55 PM

And of course an ex-Ayu fan now hater appeared and started talking nonsense. So pathetic but expected from that kind of users.

Andrenekoi 23rd January 2019 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minkAYuko (Post 3294429)
it also refers to the fact that she can sing and dance LIVE, something ayumi stopped doing years ago (the "singing" since she's never actually dance). But different strokes for different folks I guess! :yes

We wish Ayu actually stopped singing live considering her vocals sometimes LOL :P

If anything she is lipsyncing way less nowadays than she did on the first half of her career.

@Gustavopc Well, people did receive that as a read. I don't think there's a need to bash Koda over it, though, even because she has not used the "Queen of Live" titles for years now.

And Ayu never called herself "Empress of Jpop", but she called herself queen both indirectelly, by putting crowns on her A logo, or directly in hapenning here and My Way.

njanjayrp 24th January 2019 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minkAYuko (Post 3294429)

Ha ha ha. Dancing was never her selling point. Her catalogue of strong songs and amazing stage presence are. You could say that at some point of her career she excelled at many things, so much that others have given her titles.

minkAYuko 24th January 2019 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njanjayrp (Post 3294442)
Ha ha ha. Dancing was never her selling point. Her catalogue of strong songs and amazing stage presence are. You could say that at some point of her career she excelled at many things, so much that others have given her titles.

^more like the people around her excelled at many things that's why she was who she was. And now that they are gone she has to go to extremes like stealing her fans' designs and calling it "giving back to the fans" or working with new comers and people who she stumble with when in reality and most likely people don't want to work with her.

So you can make fun all you want about the so call "the queen of live" and let her prove anytime anywhere why se was given that title (or gave it to herself) and you can enjoy the talents of the empress of pop... whenever she wants to prove it... today? maybe tomorrow?... in the past 7 years?... dunno. :D:D

njanjayrp 24th January 2019 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minkAYuko (Post 3294453)
^more like the people around her excelled at many things that's why she was who she was. And now that they are gone she has to go to extremes like stealing her fans' designs and calling it "giving back to the fans" or working with new comers and people who she stumble with when in reality and most likely people don't want to work with her.

So you can make fun all you want about the so call "the queen of live" and let her prove anytime anywhere why se was given that title (or gave it to herself) and you can enjoy the talents of the empress of pop... whenever she wants to prove it... today? maybe tomorrow?... in the past 7 years?... dunno. :D:D

None of what you said makes any sense :rolleyes

URANUS 24th January 2019 11:00 AM

Japan and China and all of Asia publications have all referred to Ayumi as "Empress of JPOP" and "Queen of JPOP" during her peak. She was untouchable during her peak.

I think she's the only qualified female singer that can take on that role in Japan. Even now.

Chris85 24th January 2019 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrenekoi (Post 3294434)
We wish Ayu actually stopped singing live considering her vocals sometimes LOL :P

If anything she is lipsyncing way less nowadays than she did on the first half of her career.

She was lip syncing back then too?

Quote:

Originally Posted by URANUS (Post 3294468)
Japan and China and all of Asia publications have all referred to Ayumi as "Empress of JPOP" and "Queen of JPOP" during her peak.

That's true. I think that's how they announced her when they were showing music videos of Japan's biggest artists in my local cinema during Japanese culture festival in early 2000s. That's when I discovered Ayu and Utada :-)

Andrenekoi 24th January 2019 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris85 (Post 3294484)
She was lip syncing back then too?

She never lip synched a whole concert, but always lip synched some tracks here and there.

And really.. Ayu x Koda is soooo mid 2000's...

Evan Odinson 24th January 2019 08:25 PM

^True but I also think sometimes it was a DVD thing, I'm not 100% sure but I remember someone saying the Stadium Tour 2002 was completely live at the venue but then in the DVD the first half is lip synched. Maybe the coolest footage didn't have the best audio or something and they decided to mix different dates :think not sure if that was the case or if happened in other concerts/DVDs tho.