Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   TROUBLE TOUR 2020 A ~サイゴノトラブル~ III (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124725)

Katsuyuki012 22nd April 2020 02:13 PM

It sounds nice but I think that's because the vocals were pre-recorded for that one. IIRC her voice was quite hoarse/raspy that night.

SunshineSlayer 22nd April 2020 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExodusUK (Post 3317968)
This. Also this was a really good "classic" countdown live for recent years.

Typical that Ayu finally performs kanariya but it doesn't get a proper release.

I think it hasn't been released because of the vocals, honestly. That show was ROUGH. Rougher than usual. Maybe all the editing in the world couldn't save certain sections.

ExodusUK 22nd April 2020 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer (Post 3318152)
I think it hasn't been released because of the vocals, honestly. That show was ROUGH. Rougher than usual. Maybe all the editing in the world couldn't save certain sections.

true but I think anyone still buying a Ayu concert in 2020 knows what to expect in terms of vocals

maxikot 22nd April 2020 08:17 PM

She released Power of A3 and there were moments with nothing to work with for the editing. Besides, the re-edit version was already watchable. Well we did get JTB CH1 which is quite similar. I wouldn't mind getting a DVD-quality recording of Kanariya since we got M, maybe Last Angel and the cute section.

SunshineSlayer 23rd April 2020 05:52 AM

^ CDL 16-17 was way worse than Power of A3 vocally IMO. Very unfortunate becuase I love the setlist.

Katsuyuki012 23rd April 2020 06:51 AM

In my opinion, CDL16-17 was bad but I'd say A^3 is worse. CDL16-17 had very tired vocals but at least she still had a voice to sing with, although it didn't sound great and she clearly struggled. A^3 was so airy and dry and ayu had pretty much no voice left. Just listen to the live version of Startin' (e.g. 2nd half of the final chorus). The editing was very well done and natural (with some minor exceptions) for that concert given the circumstances but even then you could tell her voice was not in great shape. It's a shame knowing that both concerts sounded much better on their first day.

I feel like they could do more with her voice with CDL16-18 than with A^3 (unless they were to use the previous day's vocal for all songs - which they obviously didn't). Appears, for example, sounded quite good with polished vocals and in general I think it sounded better than A^3's outcome. In the end, both concerts had bad live vocals.

AyuCanada 23rd April 2020 07:28 AM

Quote:

That makes no sense at all. Power of music 2018 had awesome vocal on the TV version and still never got released.

Katsuyuki012 23rd April 2020 10:26 AM

^While I personally love the concert, ayu said that she wasn't satisfied with it, which could play into that. Then again, it airs on TV from time to time so they could have simply released it (as in, it's not like they are trying to erase the concert's existence after its initial airing).

Toniayu123 23rd April 2020 11:29 AM

Where did she say she wasn’t satisfied with it? She has made worse concerts and still released them. PoA^3 being an example. I personally loved PoM 2018 and wish we had a proper bluray of it...

AJFmzk 23rd April 2020 01:28 PM

^ same. I watch POM18 all the time. It was a great show and I’d love to have it on bluray. But I remember her expressing her disappointment with how it turned out because she was trying to put together a much bigger show and I think Avex wouldn’t let her, I’m pretty sure they were saying because of budget cuts. I remember how she was hyping it up, and it felt like it fell short of the expectations because of all the initial build up when Ayu was still trying to plan for a bigger show

maxikot 23rd April 2020 03:33 PM

I don't think POM18 and PoA3 can be compared. I find PoA3 great. iI's just her voice that failed but it's obvious she put a lot of effort into this concert. It's a great show visually and for that, plus her energy, I can't describe it as bad. I will admit that her vocals (or lack of those) prevent me from coming back to it as a whole as often as I'd like to, but I give her a lot of credit for creating it. Also, people who attended the previous day could experience it properly.
That was an offtopic a bit. I love POM18 and am very grateful for a wonderful wowow version we got. I do recall her expressing being not fully happy with it though but I can't remember if it was on twitter, instagram or maybe TA.

Aderianu 23rd April 2020 06:58 PM

^probably from TA. I remember how I read about it somewhere here and didn't saw it at instargram
PoA3 was the worst I ever heard. I never pay much attention to the voice quality, but it was so bad

Earth_maiden 23rd April 2020 06:59 PM

I find my knowledge of her lives after 2016 is lacking because I associate them the DVD release and the marketing that comes with it. Can someone remind me of the Power of music 2018 setlist?

Aderianu 23rd April 2020 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earth_maiden (Post 3318224)
Can someone remind me of the Power of music 2018 setlist?

01. forgiveness
02. evolution
-Interlude-
03. A Song for XX
04. Mad World
05. ever free
-Interlude-
06. SEASONS
07. TO BE
08. how beautiful you are
-Interlude-
09. BRILLANTE
-Diary (by miccie)
-Interlude-
10. Bold & Delicious
11. Born To Be...
12. NEXT LEVEL
ENCORE
13. The way I am
14. SURREAL
15. Boys & Girls
16. A song is born

pedronekoi 23rd April 2020 08:38 PM

For me Power of Music 2018 was the least exciting Ayu tour I've attended. I just didn't felt any sparkle while watching it. On the other hand I loved watching PoA^3 so much!

SunshineSlayer 23rd April 2020 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyuCanada (Post 3318187)
That makes no sense at all. Power of music 2018 had awesome vocal on the TV version and still never got released.

But the question is why CDL16/17 didn't get released; not Power of Music 2018. No idea why that one wasn't, but A3 was.

It's just interesting how differently people experience different lives. I think CDL16/17 is easily her worst ever vocally, and that's really saying something. The cute section in parts of it was barely even audible. She also seemed relatively low energy like maybe she was sick or something. The vocals of A3 weren't that great either, but passable. I found her energy in that concert to be lacking as well though, which makes sense because I think she would have been first trimester in her pregnancy. Power of Music was fantastic and while the in between stuff was boring, I didn't find the performances themselves boring at all.

truehappiness 23rd April 2020 11:22 PM

With regard to the CDL16-17 stuff, it was very likely related to her hearing and kneecap issues from a TA post.

Quote:

Posted in May 2017:
At the end of last year, my kneecap finally gave out after 6 years of problems. I decided to have it operated on as soon as the Countdown Live concerts were over, then undergo rehabilitation during the time off, and return to the stage later in the year without making things public until later on. I've always preferred to keep things like this to myself, and this was no exception. Hospital appointments were made, and a date set for the operation. I saw the New Year in happily, and the operation took place without incident.
I wonder if she felt reminded of that time from that concert so it's sort of just not even something she considered releasing.

ExodusUK 24th April 2020 06:49 PM

I feel like everything Ayu does has some sort of "war wound" or "war story" attached to it. If that was the case, nothing would be released for example the Dome concert :laugh

Katsuyuki012 24th April 2020 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 3318247)
With regard to the CDL16-17 stuff, it was very likely related to her hearing and kneecap issues from a TA post.

I wonder if she felt reminded of that time from that concert so it's sort of just not even something she considered releasing.

I don't think it's related to her (on-going) hearing issues. She said that her right ear began to deteriorate shortly before the tour started (5 months after the CDL).
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayu on May 20, 2017
Just before this year’s tour began I received a second blow – my hearing started to deteriorate further. My semicircular canals had blown, and I was experiencing crippling dizziness. I wasn’t able to walk in a straight line, and was often reduced to vomiting in the restroom at the rehearsal studio.

The knee issues had been going on for years and probably troubled her for some time already. But yes, that's when things got really serious and the whole situation hit its peak. It very well could have affected how she felt about the concert/time but who knows if that really was the reason.

voltron 24th April 2020 09:04 PM

Quote:

If editing could save Made in Tokyo, I think they can do anything. :roflmao