Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   TROUBLE TOUR 2020 A ~サイゴノトラブル~ III (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124725)

AyuCanada 25th April 2020 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedronekoi (Post 3318234)
For me Power of Music 2018 was the least exciting Ayu tour I've attended. I just didn't felt any sparkle while watching it. On the other hand I loved watching PoA^3 so much!

I prefer POM2018 but I won't say it was better, they were made for different purposes, POM2018 was more about the music, her signing with the band and musicians, a lot of ballads, while A^3 was more focussed on the dancing and staging.

ayu-michan 25th April 2020 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voltron (Post 3318292)
If editing could save Made in Tokyo, I think they can do anything. :roflmao

Agree, my god the raw vocal was horrific. Think she was sick that time. But the dvd was great

Evolution7/4 25th April 2020 10:42 AM

Power of A^3 is the first live in forever that actually made me interested to buy it on Bluray based on clips. The vocals definitely were unfortunate once I got the bluray, but her charisma, makeup, and styling were so much better/natural/classic ayu then we had seen in previous years imo. I was genuinly surprised when I saw the first clips of it.

Anna.L 25th April 2020 11:22 PM

for me ayu REALLY had to put the show on her
when she wants she deliver so much
but when she doesnt want, we had same lazy performances
i really hope that they changed some staffs for new things to come
koda kumi does some really good things in hall, than we had that first leg of trouble that i cant watch all

Chris85 27th April 2020 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamlover13 (Post 3318135)
I never heard M fro. Countdown Live 2016-2017. Her vocals were great!

This song was lip-synced.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer (Post 3318152)
I think it hasn't been released because of the vocals, honestly. That show was ROUGH. Rougher than usual. Maybe all the editing in the world couldn't save certain sections.

C'mon, when did it stop them? Even Ayu has no shame, writing on social media that's she very proud of the show (I think it was Made in Tokyo CDL and she wrote that after watching the recording of the final show).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 (Post 3318184)
In my opinion, CDL16-17 was bad but I'd say A^3 is worse.

Agreed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 (Post 3318184)
Appears, for example, sounded quite good with polished vocals

Appears was lip-synced.

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 3318247)
With regard to the CDL16-17 stuff, it was very likely related to her hearing and kneecap issues from a TA post.

Well, she sounded fine during the first show (not good, just her usual screaming and forced vocals), during the second one her throat condition was worse and the voice started cracking and then everyone knows what happened with the final show. I think it has more to do with recurring throat problems.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evolution7/4 (Post 3318325)
Power of A^3 is the first live in forever that actually made me interested to buy it on Bluray based on clips. The vocals definitely were unfortunate once I got the bluray, but her charisma, makeup, and styling were so much better/natural/classic ayu then we had seen in previous years imo. I was genuinly surprised when I saw the first clips of it.

She looked great there. But then again when she didn't?

Katsuyuki012 27th April 2020 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris85 (Post 3318406)
Appears was lip-synced.

Oh, true! Because of You was also lip-synched during CDL16-17/JTB1, right?

Chris85 27th April 2020 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 (Post 3318414)
Oh, true! Because of You was also lip-synched during CDL16-17/JTB1, right?

I can only speak with certainty about the shows that I attended, so I can't talk about JTB1, but Because of You in CDL 16-17 was one of the songs she lip-synced, yes.

AJFmzk 27th April 2020 07:41 PM

^ was she really lip syncing it in the CDL? It sounded really awful on the live broadcast and I don’t know why she would bother to lip sync it if the pre recording was as bad as or worse than live vocals. I get why she would lip sync something with a few off key notes for realism, but because of you sounded really bad from what I remember

RealLight 27th April 2020 08:39 PM

kanariya was also lip-synched.

ExodusUK 27th April 2020 09:29 PM

I still can't believe the kanariya performance really happened, it's like something someone would day dream up here for a fantasy setlist/concert thread.

Party_King 27th April 2020 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealLight (Post 3318454)
kanariya was also lip-synched.

Lip synched, this quality... why??? :shakehead

YUKARI 28th April 2020 12:57 AM

yes, kanariya was pre-recorded

I remember going to the 29th or 30th show and then I watched the 31st show and kanariya was exactly the same. I think there was a discussion about it back in that time.

Andrenekoi 28th April 2020 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Party_King (Post 3318463)
Lip synched, this quality... why??? :shakehead

To make it sound real. Nobody really sings live while doing aerial tricks...

Party_King 28th April 2020 01:30 AM

I know, but normally her pre-recorded tracks are the same quality or better than the rest.
kanariya from TV Version is more worse than the cutesy section from that live...

Chris85 28th April 2020 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrenekoi (Post 3318470)
Nobody really sings live while doing aerial tricks...

Unless it's Pink. I think she's singing live during all her stunts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJFmzk (Post 3318451)
I don’t know why she would bother to lip sync it if the pre recording was as bad as or worse than live vocals.

Probably the point is to let her throat rest for a bit as it can't handle a 2-hour show, not to sound better than she actually can.

AJFmzk 28th April 2020 04:02 AM

^ I guess...but if she was already making the effort to pre-record wouldn’t you want it to at least not sound *that* terrible? Not saying they should edit the crap out of it, but maybe edit it so it’s not so cringe-inducing....like if you’re already lip syncing might as well edit the most egregious notes and leave the rest as is, you know? I’m not disputing that it was lip synced, I’m just having a hard time processing why they would put in the effort to do a prerecording but not at least fix the worst parts of it so it’s not so cringey. But I was kinda also kinda shocked when you revealed kanariya was lip synced, since that song was pretty rough as well. Like is it really worth it to hide the fact it was lip synced but the show kinda suffers from awful sounding vocals? I guess I was just thinking like the marionette-identity-decision section of Promised Land. Lip synced, and pretty obvious due to the different mixing, but they sounded great.

Andrenekoi 28th April 2020 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris85 (Post 3318474)
Unless it's Pink. I think she's singing live during all her stunts.

From what I saw, she mixes live singing with loud pre-recorded track when actually pertorming the tricks.

What I don't mind actually, as she is performing freaking aerial tricks, lol.

Chris85 28th April 2020 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJFmzk (Post 3318478)
I’m just having a hard time processing why they would put in the effort to do a prerecording but not at least fix the worst parts of it so it’s not so cringey.

You know what's funny? They actually did fix the most awfully sounding off-key part in Kanariya in the first chorus for 12/31 comparing to 29-30/12:
"Koe wo oshi koroshita kanariya-tachi wa
Nakenaku natta wake ja nakute"
You can listen to the comparison below:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QGw...ew?usp=sharing
The first audio is from 12.30, then 12.31 and finally both audios are playing simultaneously.
I took the broadcast audio from this video (first TV airing before editing):
https://www.facebook.com/ayuparadise...55611437963835

hidekirby 28th April 2020 07:35 PM

Thank you, interesting comparison!
That makes me think... Either she's aware and acknowledges her live vocals are really bad and she just wants the pre recorded versions to be true to them, or she's far from the reality (earring issue?) and thinks she's actually doing okay, and nobody dare or care enough to tell her the truth. Or she herself has low standards now.

AJFmzk 29th April 2020 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris85 (Post 3318484)
You know what's funny? They actually did fix the most awfully sounding off-key part in Kanariya in the first chorus for 12/31 comparing to 29-30/12:
"Koe wo oshi koroshita kanariya-tachi wa
Nakenaku natta wake ja nakute"
You can listen to the comparison below:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QGw...ew?usp=sharing
The first audio is from 12.30, then 12.31 and finally both audios are playing simultaneously.
I took the broadcast audio from this video (first TV airing before editing):
https://www.facebook.com/ayuparadise...55611437963835

Wow...that's kinda crazy. So weird that they did that. Thanks for the comparison.
I still don't really understand why they used pre-recorded vocals that were that bad even for Kanariya, where it would be acceptable to do obvious lip-sync because of the stunts...I wonder if maybe she did it live on 29 and they quickly fixed that one part the next day before the show and used it as playback only on 30 and 31? Probably not likely that they did that because it's usually pre-planned to do lip sync, but I really wonder... maybe they did that for because of you also, live on the first day and then use it as playback to rest her voice (but didn't fix the vocals...)