Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   [contest] The 2011 AHS Ayumi Hamasaki Film Festival (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111446)

AHS Staff 3rd October 2011 01:58 AM

[contest] The 2011 AHS Ayumi Hamasaki Film Festival

The 2011 AHS Ayumi Hamasaki Film Festival

Carefully read the entire announcement before entering.

Description
  1. The objective of this challenge is to create a video featuring Ayumi Hamasaki. You can do anything you want as long as the video features Ayu or an Ayumi Hamasaki song in some way. Be creative, original, and have fun!

Submissions
  1. The size limit for the video file is no more than 100 MB.
  2. The video file must be no more than 5 minutes in length.
  3. Any of the main video formats is acceptable.
  4. All entries must conform to the AHS forum rules. Entries containing offensive content will not be accepted.
  5. Previously released videos are not eligible.
  6. To enter upload your video file to YSI or another hosting site and PM (private message) the links to AHS Staff. Do not send your entry to any other staff email or PM address. If you do not know how to use free hosting sites please ask for help.
  7. Entries must be as anonymous as possible. DO NOT include yourself, your name, or anything else that would identify the entry as yours.
  8. DO NOT post your entry on any sites or forums until after the contest is over.
  9. The deadline for submissions is 5:00 PM EST 03 December 2011.

Judging
  1. The entries will be judged by the AHS initiates in a poll.
  2. Each AHS member is allowed to place one vote only.
  3. The voting will begin on or about 03 December 2011.

Prize
  1. The winner will receive their choice of any Ayumi Hamasaki CD in stock at Yesasia.

Disclaimers and Rules
  1. Only one submission per person will be accepted.
  2. DO NOT use artwork created/edited by someone else to make your entry. This means that the source materials must be only official TV spots, PV, films, songs, etc. You can't just modify another person's fan art or videos.
  3. The voting should be based on the merits of the entry only, and not on the person who made it. Entrants should NOT identify their work until after the voting thread is closed. If you try to influence another person's vote by disclosing the identity of any entry you will be ineligible to vote in this contest and if the rulebreaker is a participant their entry will be disqualified. This means that you cannot tell your friends which entry is yours. This also means that you cannot post anything that would give away the creator of an entry.
  4. The winner will have to provide us with a valid shipping address when it is time to send the prize.
  5. The prize shall not be exchangeable for money/cash.
  6. The deadline for submissions is 5:00 PM EST 03 December 2011.
  7. We regret that any late entries will not be accepted.
  8. DO NOT CHEAT. The AHS staff will nullify any vote or entry that we consider suspicious for any reason.
  9. AHS staff may enter but they are not eligible to win the prize.
  10. AHS's decision shall be final and appeals shall not be entertained.

AyuGAME 3rd October 2011 02:10 AM

interesting...
hope i can participate

Gustavopc 3rd October 2011 02:18 AM

This sounds interesting! I'll just wait till I get through my college exams to start making something (I've already got an idea!)

JackieRos 3rd October 2011 03:33 AM

omg I can't wait to seeeee this.

Hopefully more people join this contest.

LONJJONG 3rd October 2011 12:56 PM

Wow another contest!
Hope I could join it <3
Can you give an example for the video?

isthisLOL? 3rd October 2011 12:57 PM

Oh great, I was just planning a new Ayu video :)

MissElin_ 3rd October 2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LONJJONG (Post 2764381)
Wow another contest!
Hope I could join it <3

If you want an example I think this contest is something like I did for Key (you'll find it in my signature).

You can do pretty much anything with this! ^_^ As long as your imagination will take you!

AHS Staff 4th October 2011 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LONJJONG (Post 2764381)

For example, you can make a PV, a CM, a movie trailer, an interview, a short fiction, an animation, or a short documentary. Any kind of video clip is okay as long as it involves Ayumi Hamasaki in some way and meets the other requirements listed in the first post.

kinix 4th October 2011 08:17 AM

5mins duration might b a bit of difficulty as most ayu's hit songs overshot 5mins. Maybe a 6mins duration would be better ^^"

AyuGAME 4th October 2011 12:18 PM

^thinking about it..you are right...
the duration need to be a little longer maybe around 6-7 minutes

isthisLOL? 4th October 2011 09:54 PM

Yeah the song I wanted to work with is longer :(

AHS Staff 4th October 2011 11:46 PM

Part of the challenge of this contest is editing and mixing your material to fit the time limit.

Aderianu 5th October 2011 10:10 AM

m... I have an idea.. not sure if I'll be able to do it %)

LONJJONG 5th October 2011 12:05 PM

Thanks for your answers MissElin & AHS Staff!
Sure I'll put some ideas on it!

millie47 5th October 2011 03:36 PM

I wish I could do these kind of stuff.... :scry the prize is pretty awesome...

isthisLOL? 5th October 2011 09:34 PM

So that pretty much means...we can't do music videos unless we take a short song or somehow remix it...ok, I'm out...I'm not gonna bastardize an Ayu song. My concept is a few seconds too long -.-
We ARE allowed to create our video from original video footage though, right? Cause then I could just cut off the last seconds of the song and let people use their imagination for the last part lol

MissElin_ 6th October 2011 09:12 AM

^Like Tim Gunn says it: "Make it work!"
^_^

isthisLOL? 6th October 2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissElin_ (Post 2765365)
^Like Tim Gunn says it: "Make it work!"
^_^

Sometimes "making it work" means making it worse at the same time :/ Well...I'll have to deal with that. I chose a song that got some parts you could take away I think :)

kinix 9th October 2011 04:16 PM

will english songs be allowed for this contest? or will the download forum rules applies to this contest too?

Eewyi 9th October 2011 05:23 PM

Can it be something like this I have made before? :3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDQ6-2VkcvU
I mean, AMV which features ayu song? ^^

AHS Staff 10th October 2011 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinix (Post 2766608)
will english songs be allowed for this contest? or will the download forum rules applies to this contest too?

For the purpose of this contest, the staff will consider the use of English songs as "fair use". If you want some more guidance on this issue please check this site: http://fairusetube.org

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eewyi (Post 2766632)
AMV which features ayu song? ^^

Anime music videos are okay. You can do pretty much anything you like, as long as the rules and requirements in the first post are met.

Nyokou 15th October 2011 04:47 AM

Cool, I will definitely consider entering this. I love making fanvids. ♥

I haven't made one in like... more than a year now. Never made one for Ayu though.

Aderianu 17th October 2011 05:43 PM

I have an idea, but it's so hard to create.. never worked in video redactors

kinix 17th October 2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aderianu (Post 2769144)
I have an idea, but it's so hard to create.. never worked in video redactors

Try using windows movie maker. It's easy to use for beginners ^^

yuniko 17th October 2011 08:39 PM

About the prize. Does it have to be ONLY a CD, or can it be the typical combo of CD and DVD? You know, the CD with a DVD containing the music videoes and making of the music videoes. : P

Aderianu 18th October 2011 06:31 AM

^thanks, I'll try

Lizzyboo 21st October 2011 12:07 AM

I want to enter but i dont know how to make the video under 100 mb :\ my movie maker makes them huge for some reason.....what to do.... *sigh*

AyuGAME 21st October 2011 04:56 PM

^make it as big as you want, then convert it to lower resolution or other format...i think it will work

toniayu 22nd October 2011 09:00 AM

must ayu appear on the video?or only her song?

Lizzyboo 22nd October 2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyuGAME (Post 2770985)
^make it as big as you want, then convert it to lower resolution or other format...i think it will work

Thank you =] i will try~

AHS Staff 22nd October 2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toniayu (Post 2771231)
must ayu appear on the video?or only her song?

Ayu does not have to be in the video.

toniayu 22nd October 2011 03:40 PM

^Thank you :)

AHS Staff 24th October 2011 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuniko (Post 2769202)
About the prize. Does it have to be ONLY a CD, or can it be the typical combo of CD and DVD? You know, the CD with a DVD containing the music videoes and making of the music videoes. : P

The prize can be a CD+DVD.

spanishfan 24th October 2011 09:39 PM

Ohhh I really want to make this ^^
But I have some questions.
An option is to make a video for a song, right?
Can we send a video we made time ago if it was not diffused?

AHS Staff 25th October 2011 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spanishfan (Post 2772183)
Can we send a video we made time ago if it was not diffused?

If your video had previously been posted anywhere on the internet it is not eligible.

ayurocks20 10th November 2011 12:41 PM

I really want to enter this! I'm in Australia and my exams are craptastically busy at the moment! I won't be able to finish my short film for this until the 27th! PLEASE Can you just extend it a little bit :( I want to prove to this forum I'm more than just some... random person on AHS that posts obvious Nami Tamaki promotions! (Unintentional that time... Awesome).

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE :'(

Paulingbl 13th November 2011 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AHS Staff (Post 2772348)
If your video had previously been posted anywhere on the internet it is not eligible.

Hey,I am in China,and I have a wonderful video that I made half year before.
I posted it on a video site which can be viewed only inside China.
So does that mean this video is not eligible?What if I delete the online one,and do some editing to the orginal video?I really want to take this contest!THX.

AHS Staff 14th November 2011 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayurocks20 (Post 2778376)
I really want to enter this! I'm in Australia and my exams are craptastically busy at the moment! I won't be able to finish my short film for this until the 27th! PLEASE Can you just extend it a little bit :( I want to prove to this forum I'm more than just some... random person on AHS that posts obvious Nami Tamaki promotions! (Unintentional that time... Awesome).

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE :'(

Okay, we'll see about extending the deadline.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paulingbl (Post 2779281)
Hey,I am in China,and I have a wonderful video that I made half year before.
I posted it on a video site which can be viewed only inside China.
So does that mean this video is not eligible?What if I delete the online one,and do some editing to the orginal video?I really want to take this contest!THX.

Sorry, but we can't accept an entry that has already been seen online. Please try to make a new video.

AHS Staff 14th November 2011 02:11 AM

Extension of deadline

The deadline has been extended to 03 December 2011.

When you enter please let us know the title of your film. You may also include a brief statement explaining the content of your video and how it was made.

ownsarai 15th November 2011 07:45 AM

Ohh deadline extended...maybe I will participate after all. :)

ayurocks20 15th November 2011 08:56 PM

YAY! An extension! =D

MissElin_ 16th November 2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AHS Staff (Post 2779485)
The deadline has been extended to 03 December 2011.

When you enter please let us know the title of your film. You may also include a brief statement explaining the content of your video and how it was made.

Thank you! I really needed some extra time too! :)

isthisLOL? 16th November 2011 01:11 PM

I was just coming to this thread to say I probably won't make it in time, but the extension MAY change that :)

Chu-Lip506 21st November 2011 07:28 AM

one question, what if you do a mash-up with ayu video with a US artist like say britney spears would that be ok?

and another questionm its kinda the same as the first but, what about audio could it also a mash-up like ayu x "insert US artist" mash-up?

EDIT:

and would i need to ask permission to use the mash-up audio, and but if i do get permission would still be ok? and the person is from here

kinix 21st November 2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chu-Lip506 (Post 2782185)
one question, what if you do a mash-up with ayu video with a US artist like say britney spears would that be ok?

and another questionm its kinda the same as the first but, what about audio could it also a mash-up like ayu x "insert US artist" mash-up?

EDIT:

and would i need to ask permission to use the mash-up audio, and but if i do get permission would still be ok? and the person is from here

Mash up of videos should be ok as long as ayu is feat. in the music or video.
As for the mash up I'm not sure whether this applies.

DO NOT use artwork created/edited by someone else to make your entry. This means that the source materials must be only official TV spots, PV, films, songs, etc. You can't just modify another person's fan art or videos.

Chu-Lip506 21st November 2011 07:51 PM

^thank you for your help ^_^

isthisLOL? 21st November 2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinix (Post 2782347)
DO NOT use artwork created/edited by someone else to make your entry. This means that the source materials must be only official TV spots, PV, films, songs, etc. .

Not entirely right from what I understood. The source material can also be footage you created from scratch, it doesn't have to be anything official.
Any other way a video contest would feel rather watered down, too haha

AHS Staff 22nd November 2011 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chu-Lip506 (Post 2782185)

I think the question is essentially "Can I use a fan remix made by someone else as the audio track for my video"? The answer is no. You can't any use video or audio elements made by another fan. You must either create your own original audio and video, or you can mix and edit official source materials.

Btw, if you have a question that would reveal details about your entry please PM the question to AHS Staff instead of posting it here.

Aderianu 22nd November 2011 10:37 AM

I heard a song I chose for video so many times today, that started to hate it %)

kinix 22nd November 2011 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isthisLOL? (Post 2782428)
Not entirely right from what I understood. The source material can also be footage you created from scratch, it doesn't have to be anything official.
Any other way a video contest would feel rather watered down, too haha

This was quoted from the first page ^^ and it's correct as it is refering to the key item that ayu is being featured as in ur video. regardless of video / music. the main source must be from official release. with the source, u can do whatever u like to it.

AHS Staff 2nd December 2011 10:49 AM

reminder

The deadline to enter is about 35 hours from the time of this post.

Eewyi 2nd December 2011 07:58 PM

Aah, I hope I'm able to finish mine till the deadline >__< [Thank god for 7 hours difference, I have some time tomorrow as well..] but really, I don't wanna fail to enter, I have dedicated over 12 hours [about 6 hours/day] nonstop for this, and it isn't even ready [I'm missing about 30 seconds of material, but I tell you, in video editing that's like you would have an hour left XD]
How's others videos are?

Would you change the deadline just for a day or two? That we would have the weekend as well.
But well, I'll try my best!

Tom Punks 2nd December 2011 08:16 PM

^ They've already extended it once. D:

kinix 2nd December 2011 09:18 PM

so excited for this contest ^^
Hopefully there's alot of submits.
Hoping to see creative and nice PVs from fellow AHSs

Eewyi 3rd December 2011 04:12 PM

My video is now ready, but the problem is that it's actually over the size limit and is 144MB. I have no options to get it any smaller, as I don't wanna loose the HD/Widescreen quality. So please, don't disqualifie me just because the file is little bigger >__<
EDIT: Sent the video and summary~

MissElin_ 4th December 2011 01:58 AM

^Maybe you should send in you video again but within the size limit just to be sure to get your video into the contest. :)
Cuz naturally I would love to have HD in my video too but I had to make the quality less good to make it fit within the rules so...

Eewyi 4th December 2011 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissElin_ (Post 2786989)
^Maybe you should send in you video again but within the size limit just to be sure to get your video into the contest. :)
Cuz naturally I would love to have HD in my video too but I had to make the quality less good to make it fit within the rules so...

Yeah, staff said they try to get it to fit the size limit :3 But I'm just afraid that if it's converted to less good quality [I used AVCHD, and surprisingly avi. is bigger than it, although the quality is better.] the video will look grainy etc. And that would ruin it...I tried mp4 as well, but it doesn't support widescreen, so : (

MissElin_ 4th December 2011 10:09 AM

^Yeah I'm sorry but that's just the rules. My videos quality isn't really awesome and it's kind of grainy. But the quailty isn't what matters in the end, it's the video itself and ppl will still see your thought behind it. So I think you will be okay even if the quality gets lower for you too. :)

majrakun 4th December 2011 10:22 AM

Oh wow, wish I could've helped you guys! I encountered the same problem the with the quality:size thing, until I found this awesome free video converter that could actually convert my video into another format and barely affecting its quality! The file size was reduced to 20% of its original size!

Well anyway, here's the link for future use, I suppose :)
http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/

Have we passed the deadline yet? I'm horrible with time zones XD

Eewyi 4th December 2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissElin_ (Post 2787073)
^Yeah I'm sorry but that's just the rules. My videos quality isn't really awesome and it's kind of grainy. But the quailty isn't what matters in the end, it's the video itself and ppl will still see your thought behind it. So I think you will be okay even if the quality gets lower for you too. :)

Ah, I'm now converting it with DivX conventer and it seems it will get smaller :3 Hope this works!

MissElin_ 4th December 2011 10:57 AM

^^That's a great tip maj! Thank you! Now, the deadline is already over but I will keep that one till the next time! :)

Eewyi 4th December 2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissElin_ (Post 2787082)
^^That's a great tip maj! Thank you! Now, the deadline is already over but I will keep that one till the next time! :)

Did you take part in the contest, Elin? ^.^

MissElin_ 4th December 2011 11:38 AM

I sure did. :)
I will be great fun to see all the other videos!

isthisLOL? 4th December 2011 11:43 AM

I wasn't able to get my friends together for shooting in time :/ Sucks cause the concept has been standing since FIVE was released literally. I'll just enjoy the videos in the contest then and shoot mine sometime later :)

A bit late for that, but:
If you want to convert your files to smaller sizes without affecting video quality too much I suggest converting to a H264 format(it's the leading format in distribution of small files with good qualities, .avi(especially DivX and XVid, horrible formats, generally gets you bad quality in small filesizes, as does .mpg so I would never suggest those, they are outdated formats), that can be .mp4, .mov or .mkv for example. And putting the resolution to SD should be the best way to leave enough quality and stay below 100mb.(Set the audio to mp3 128bit/s stereo, that can save you another 3-30MB) Handbrake and XMedia Recode(both free) are very good programs for that process.

Eewyi 4th December 2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isthisLOL? (Post 2787095)
I wasn't able to get my friends together for shooting in time :/ Sucks cause the concept has been standing since FIVE was released literally. I'll just enjoy the videos in the contest then and shoot mine sometime later :)

If you want to convert your files to smaller sizes without affecting video quality too much I suggest converting to a H264 format(it's the leading format in distribution of small files with good qualities, .avi(especially DivX and XVid, horrible formats, generally gets you bad quality in small filesizes, as does .mpg so I would never suggest those, they are outdated formats), that can be .mp4, .mov or .mkv for example. And putting the resolution to SD should be the best way to leave enough quality and stay below 100mb.(Set the audio to mp3 128bit/s stereo, that can save you another 3-30MB) Handbrake and XMedia Recode(both free) are very good programs for that process.

I just converted my video [and of course send it] to .mkv from AVCHD format, and it didn't really affect quality, but the file size did get a lot smaller: 144mb-> 57mb :3~

I wanna see others videos! X3~ *Excited*

Oh hey, are those who are participating in the contest able to vote or not? : o

majrakun 4th December 2011 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isthisLOL? (Post 2787095)

Wow, you were planning to use original footage? Such a shame we didn't get to see it, then. I look forward to seeing it in the future! :)

And thanks for the tips. I never understood video formats and sub-formats (is it?) but deep down I always knew I preferred .mp4 and .mkv for some reason and this explanation justified it! :D I would love to learn more video-making, gah, I wish I have the time!

isthisLOL? 4th December 2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majrakun (Post 2787107)
Wow, you were planning to use original footage? Such a shame we didn't get to see it, then. I look forward to seeing it in the future! :)

And thanks for the tips. I never understood video formats and sub-formats (is it?) but deep down I always knew I preferred .mp4 and .mkv for some reason and this explanation justified it! :D I would love to learn more video-making, gah, I wish I have the time!

Yeah I prefer doing that over cutting together things, it's just more fun to me :) So I wanted to do something similar to the progress PV.

And if you got any questions about video formats, encoding or editing you can just PM me ;) I'm always glad to help.