Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [News] New Album TROUBLE on August 15th ~II~ (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124177)

MissElin_ 25th July 2018 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrenekoi (Post 3279751)
Yeah, I'm not really deffending the strategy of calling it an album. Just pointing out AHS isn't the best way of getting an overall view of how successful any strategy she comes out with is.

No no and you're right. But I also live in Japan, have lived here for three years now so I also speak from the little Japanese fan base I do know of. Not only AHS. :)

Surreal17 25th July 2018 03:14 PM

I wonder what is the mystery behind the feather pic that she posted on instagram back in April. Because it's clearly not used for Trouble.

~angel*ayumi~ 25th July 2018 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surreal17 (Post 3279777)
I wonder what is the mystery behind the feather pic that she posted on instagram back in April. Because it's clearly not used for Trouble.

It is the back Cover from PoM2018 Pamphlet

Surreal17 25th July 2018 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~angel*ayumi~ (Post 3279781)
It is the back Cover from PoM2018 Pamphlet

Ohh, I see. Wasted potential.

Party_King 25th July 2018 04:06 PM

After the first shock I tend to like this release more and more...
Even if I end up listening just to WatQ lol ��

The only problem is how it's labeled as an album,
but c'mon, get over it... it could've been worse, right?

Andrenekoi 25th July 2018 04:12 PM

Naming it an album would bother me if it was priced like one

hud 25th July 2018 04:27 PM

"I don't buy an album since 2012 and I'm not buying this one too!"

lol... okay?

primavera♥ 25th July 2018 04:42 PM

Honestly, I like Words, and it sounds like I will like the other two similar songs. And the last one is up in the air. I just think I would enjoy those songs a lot more if there were many others to surround them.

I even think some of these songs would be received better if released much earlier in her career because fans would be less worn. But right now, even if she releases amazing tracks, if they are in a certain style, it's just not what everyone is interested in. I guess that's the reality right now.

Zeke. 25th July 2018 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowo (Post 3279814)
"I don't buy an album since 2012 and I'm not buying this one too!"

lol... okay?

Lmao, the thing is that it had the potential of converting many now non-buyers back into profits. Many of us it seems were ready to hand over the cash for a release for the first time in 8 years; that says a lot. And the fact that once the details were released it pushed us away from essentially a decision we had already made to support the release is a problem. They using all kinds of gimmicks to lure people into supporting this release except the one thing that the fans really want - MUSIC.

They are always trying to "distract" you with things to make up for or mask the fact that something at the core of the matter is missing.

"Let's add more dancers."
"Let's add more photos."
"Let's add more goodies."

It's like just fix the core issue and stop trying to put smoke and mirrors around it.

DonkeyKongRemix 25th July 2018 04:56 PM

I have no money, and no expectations of buying this release at least for another year.

However, for those who were hoping to make this purchase in person, I do see why this must be very dissapointing.

Yoake 25th July 2018 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surreal17 (Post 3279794)
Ohh, I see. Wasted potential.

Don't say that! the pamphlet is amazing!! ♥

DonkeyKongRemix 25th July 2018 05:21 PM

Seriously, though, the pamphlet she used for her tour was good enough for an album. Even if she had recycled it, it could've been good!

Now the critiques of this new release are chipping away at my chipper attitude. :weep

Gustavopc 25th July 2018 05:37 PM

What was that shooting with the feathers for btw? Were those pics in the pamphlet? I expected them to be an album shooting...

sitara 25th July 2018 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My Rainbow (Post 3279746)
I'm sure the one who told ayu this release is ok with 5 miserable songs is the same one who chose the covers for Sunrise/Sunset single and A SUMMER: HER WORST ENEMY.

hahahaha!!! :D

man, this 20 years in the business release is really depressing! not even a pv? just a lot of extras packaged for a glorified single. with each year the releases (if any) get more lacklustre. i wonder how this will do on the charts.

KittyKathy 25th July 2018 06:27 PM

Maybe 30k, or maybe even less. :(

Andrenekoi 25th July 2018 06:33 PM

Part of me wish Ayu would retire so she wouldn't have to deal with haters and her toxic as fuck fandom :P

Mirrorcle Monster 25th July 2018 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke. (Post 3279818)
Lmao, the thing is that it had the potential of converting many now non-buyers back into profits. Many of us it seems were ready to hand over the cash for a release for the first time in 8 years; that says a lot. And the fact that once the details were released it pushed us away from essentially a decision we had already made to support the release is a problem. They using all kinds of gimmicks to lure people into supporting this release except the one thing that the fans really want - MUSIC.

They are always trying to "distract" you with things to make up for or mask the fact that something at the core of the matter is missing.

"Let's add more dancers."
"Let's add more photos."
"Let's add more goodies."

It's like just fix the core issue and stop trying to put smoke and mirrors around it.

Since 2012 you had so many chances of buying albums, EPs, singles, DVDs etc So don't make such a big deal out of this. Yes, it's an unfortunate decision to release a 5 song project and call it an album, but if you haven't bought a single thing in 6 years don't act like it's THIS release what has pushed you away.

DonkeyKongRemix 25th July 2018 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirrorcle Monster (Post 3279846)
Since 2012 you had so many chances of buying albums, EPs, singles, DVDs etc So don't make such a big deal out of this. Yes, it's an unfortunate decision to release a 5 song project and call it an album, but if you haven't bought a single thing in 6 years don't act like it's THIS release what has pushed you away.

Just because he hasn't purchased a new album of hers since 2012 does not invalidate his opinion, though.

ayumi_croatia 25th July 2018 07:17 PM

Two things I dislike about this project:

1. It being teased as an album and promoted as an album, while having only 5 tracks

2. It having only 3 new songs, and the other two being subpar for her standard

And no amount of guilt tripping can convince me than they aren't foul AF for doing it this way. And by "they" I mean Ayu, her team, Max Matsuura, Avex etc.

njanjayrp 25th July 2018 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nalini-dahlia (Post 3279848)
Just because he hasn't purchased a new album of hers since 2012 does not invalidate his opinion, though.

Nobody said that though.