Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Enquiries (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Question about "M" ~ (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109563)

RayJason 15th June 2011 01:03 AM

Question about "M" ~
 
Hi guys,
I had an question about one of Ayu`s songs: M.

I read about this sing so much on the internet and many sites said that Ayu made the whole song herself (Ofcourse she did the lyrics and vocals but these sites stated that she also made the instrumental track herself. Like a componist.

And I really wonder why she did this and if she composed more songs, it`s all so vague to me :-Q.

Edit; The reason why i am asking this is because today is the first time ever I listened to thisbtrack and I feel that it`s really out of place in the A COMPLETE ~ALL SINGLES~ album. I love it though but this was the least that I expected from Ayu.

Andrenekoi 15th June 2011 01:16 AM

Everytime you fing an Ayu song composed by CREA, it means Ayu composed it... What means most of I am... and RAINBOW albums, also forgiveness, humming 7/4, wonderland and will

truehappiness 15th June 2011 01:18 AM

M was composed by Ayu, however I think HAL arranged it back when they still had Yuta Nakano in the group, lol.

It was her first composition and it was a huge deal at the time~

YUKARI 15th June 2011 03:15 AM

She didn't composed M all by herself. She once said she was never teached composing, so I'm sure she was like singing the melody and DAI or one of her composers helped her to make the song.

I wish she composed more now :cry all my favourite songs are made by CREA

hsienko 15th June 2011 03:40 AM

^
No she said in an interview that she had written the song but was not satisfied with the music demos she was presented with so she went out and purchased a keyboard and started fiddling around with it and came up with the melody for M.

YUKARI 15th June 2011 04:38 AM

oh really? cool) so she composes using keyboard..

Ayumi_lover 15th June 2011 11:30 AM

^ but composing song and making arrangement are different things. She composed it but didn't do the instrumental track all herself

visionfactory 15th June 2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hsienko (Post 2701959)
^
No she said in an interview that she had written the song but was not satisfied with the music demos she was presented with so she went out and purchased a keyboard and started fiddling around with it and came up with the melody for M.

That's so cute!!!!!!!! :D

Andrenekoi 15th June 2011 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YUKARI (Post 2701970)
oh really? cool) so she composes using keyboard..

Actually, she composes by humming the melody and recording herself...

RayJason 15th June 2011 06:38 PM

Wow this all is really interesting :O. I asked you guys this because I was on my phone but now I found even more information on the internet:

"M" is a song written by Japanese singer Ayumi Hamasaki from her album I Am... (2002).[1] The lead single from the album and Hamasaki's nineteenth overall, "M" marked Hamasaki's increased creative control over her music, as it was the first song she composed, under the pseudonym "CREA".

Hamasaki's staff had composed the melodies; Hamasaki only wrote the lyrics. However, with "M", Hamasaki felt that none of the melodies composed by her staff fit her vision of the song. Consequently, she decided to compose the melody herself.[3] She began work on an electronic keyboard; however, as she had little proficiency in the instrument, Hamasaki eventually resorted to singing the melody into a voice recorder.
[3]

How awesome is that? I love this woman!!!

YUKARI 16th June 2011 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayJason (Post 2702189)

"M" is a song written by Japanese singer Ayumi Hamasaki from her album I Am... (2002).[1] The lead single from the album and Hamasaki's nineteenth overall, "M" marked Hamasaki's increased creative control over her music, as it was the first song she composed, under the pseudonym "CREA".

Hamasaki's staff had composed the melodies; Hamasaki only wrote the lyrics. However, with "M", Hamasaki felt that none of the melodies composed by her staff fit her vision of the song. Consequently, she decided to compose the melody herself.[3] She began work on an electronic keyboard; however, as she had little proficiency in the instrument, Hamasaki eventually resorted to singing the melody into a voice recorder.
[3]

so that's just exactly as I thought.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayumi_lover (Post 2702046)
^ but composing song and making arrangement are different things. She composed it but didn't do the instrumental track all herself

yeah, I understand it. I said she was only singing melody, she didn't even write notes, just humming as Andrenekoi said.

one thing she composed and arranged by herself is "Wonderland" from MY STORY.

susiowong 16th June 2011 08:09 AM

I've always wondered (and please forgive my stupidity), but what's the difference between arranging and composing?

Composing is the process of making the notes and melody, and arranging is...

YUKARI 16th June 2011 08:18 AM

I think it's the process of making the arrangement for already composed melody, e.g deciding which part of the composition should be played with piano or guitar or else, how should sound back vocals and second voice and etc. I don't know how to explain it :rolleyes It's just the development of melody. You can play melody on piano, then make a whole song with drums, rhythm, bass, vocals and etc.

yizhihenanjing 16th June 2011 10:19 AM

oh my god, it means all the song with 'composed by CREA' has the melody created by Ayu ? It means Ayu did think of the melody herself. It doesnt matter that she can not write the note because Mariah Carey also composes in the same way, she sings the melody and her staff turns them into notes. I always thought Ayu can only write lyrics. How amazing she is? She could think of melody???

I get the lyrics translation from ayu divine and lots of lyrics of old album include the composer and arranger too, so I know which one is made by Ayu. But the later album, it seems from Secret, there 's no more description about composer. Any one knows any other songs composed by Ayu since Secret album?

YUKARI 16th June 2011 10:26 AM

^
you can find information at Wikipedia

it's actually not so difficult to compose melody and sing it. I can do it too, but unfortunately I don't have anyone who can turn my melodies into notes )

Andrenekoi 16th June 2011 02:29 PM

@susiowong
Arranging is chosing what instruments will be used, how they will be used, what's louder, what's higher, etc. Ayu's only arrangment is Wonderland.

@yizhihenanjing
Her latest recorded melody was Will from (miss)understood

yizhihenanjing 17th June 2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YUKARI (Post 2702464)
^
you can find information at Wikipedia

it's actually not so difficult to compose melody and sing it. I can do it too, but unfortunately I don't have anyone who can turn my melodies into notes )

I know but what surprises me is that those melodies are so beautiful, I can not imagine that she can compose it. ^^. Her own melodies are much better than lots of songs of other Japanese artists, who have someone to compose for themselves but the melodies are not as impressive as Ayu.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.