Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Enquiries (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Ayu vibrato note question. :) (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109705)

Violently Happy 24th June 2011 10:26 AM

Ayu vibrato note question. :)
 
I got a simple question.

When did Ayu start using vibrato notes? I have been listening to her debut album A Song For xx and I don't here any vibrato in her older songs. I heard that Ayu got vocal lessons in New York, so did she start using it when she went to New York? ^_^

AngelSenshi 24th June 2011 11:23 AM

She had the vocal lessons in NY before A Song for XX. The first real traces of vibrato are just before RAINBOW I think, starting with Voyage.

Violently Happy 24th June 2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelSenshi (Post 2706678)
She had the vocal lessons in NY before A Song for XX. The first real traces of vibrato are just before RAINBOW I think, starting with Voyage.

I also noticed small range of vibrato in Dearest no? O_o

maikkun 24th June 2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyuFan777 (Post 2706681)
I also noticed small range of vibrato in Dearest no? O_o

It started since Loveppears, but that time it wasn't pronounced like it is now. But yeah, she had vibrato since then. For example, in End Roll, when she sings "ano koro tashika ni" <- you can hear the vibrato on ni. But it was only from RAINBOW that she started to have a huge vibrato, especially Voyage.

channy 24th June 2011 02:32 PM

I can hear a small vibrato in some of her A Song for XX songs though. For example "For My Dear..." :)

xLitax 24th June 2011 05:14 PM

I don't know if I'd call it actual vibrato, haha, but I'd still say she really started around RAINBOW. But, I personally think she probably did get lessons around that time, because she significantly improved. :shrug

kinix 24th June 2011 06:24 PM

I think she learn these from peco and princess...

Violently Happy 24th June 2011 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinix (Post 2706873)
I think she learn these from peco and princess...

Lol Peko and Princess? I hope she doesent learn singing from them! XDD

Violently Happy 24th June 2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiSeido (Post 2706725)
I can hear a small vibrato in some of her A Song for XX songs though. For example "For My Dear..." :)

I can't here it! T_T all I here in Ayu's For My Dear is singing high pitched notes! XD I love how her voice is high pitched! XD

isthisLOL? 24th June 2011 09:34 PM

There was always a bit Vibrato in her voice - EVERY voice has some vibrato. As others say it started being pronounced right around Voyage.
It was a very noticable change live. Before that when Ayu sang the ending note of a line she often ended up screaming and going off, with her vibrato she had more...control? But without being as clear.
I think it has to do with her starting to lose parts of her range there, so she ended up using vibrato on notes. One of the first effects her hearing loss had was less control over the ends of her range, namely high and low notes, so on these especially she used vibrato to hit them better.

Violently Happy 24th June 2011 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isthisLOL? (Post 2706985)
There was always a bit Vibrato in her voice - EVERY voice has some vibrato. As others say it started being pronounced right around Voyage.
It was a very noticable change live. Before that when Ayu sang the ending note of a line she often ended up screaming and going off, with her vibrato she had more...control? But without being as clear.
I think it has to do with her starting to lose parts of her range there, so she ended up using vibrato on notes. One of the first effects her hearing loss had was less control over the ends of her range, namely high and low notes, so on these especially she used vibrato to hit them better.

When do you think she lost her range of high pitched vocal notes? I didn't really hear them Rainbow. I think? :P
Oh thats what I think that she uses her vibrato notes now because she can't really do high pitched anymore! >_<

isthisLOL? 24th June 2011 10:54 PM

I think it started when her hearing loss began(around 2000 I think?) but only became really obvious 2002 and then later around 2006-2009 when her high notes were either unreachable or headvoice. But she's getting back there I think. Her range is expanding, Love Songs is showing that quite nicely and apparently she is singing M in it's original pitch in PoM, which means reaching very high in chestvoice, not headvoice(headvoice is what she did a lot on MY STORY, it is a different way of reaching high notes, often considered inferior to chestvoice, which is your normal way of singing)

Violently Happy 24th June 2011 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isthisLOL? (Post 2707027)
I think it started when her hearing loss began(around 2000 I think?) but only became really obvious 2002 and then later around 2006-2009 when her high notes were either unreachable or headvoice. But she's getting back there I think. Her range is expanding, Love Songs is showing that quite nicely and apparently she is singing M in it's original pitch in PoM, which means reaching very high in chestvoice, not headvoice(headvoice is what she did a lot on MY STORY, it is a different way of reaching high notes, often considered inferior to chestvoice, which is your normal way of singing)

I noticed in Happy Ending she had the high notes at the end of a line. I love M if she is singing it close to the original that must mean she can do old songs like she used to! I hope she can perform Dearest like in A Mesuem Tour! I wasn't to happy when I saw her sing Dearest at Asia Tour live in Taipei I think that was it? I wish she would perform Dearest more often! >_<

SunshineSlayer 25th June 2011 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maikkun (Post 2706697)
It started since Loveppears, but that time it wasn't pronounced like it is now. But yeah, she had vibrato since then. For example, in End Roll, when she sings "ano koro tashika ni" <- you can hear the vibrato on ni. But it was only from RAINBOW that she started to have a huge vibrato, especially Voyage.

Yeah, I really liked her vibratto on the Love Appears and Duty albums. It was really nice and controlled.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.