Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Enquiries (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Why did Ayu refuse the Record Taishou Award? (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53132)

Mari-chan 9th December 2006 11:59 PM

Why did Ayu refuse the Record Taishou Award?
 
Hi there,

today I read, that Ayu erfused the Record Taishou Award for her Song "Inspire", because she didn't wanted that this song get this Award. But.. why did she do that? Did anybody know it? I'm interesstet in knowing that.

Mari yori!

the angel song 10th December 2006 12:04 AM

From what I remember, she didn't want to keep winning over and over and wanted to give the other artists a shot at it.

ayu_fan929 10th December 2006 01:19 AM

^Yeah. She probably felt it was meaningless to win the same award over and over again....

Syphex 10th December 2006 01:34 AM

Thats actually very sweet of her. It shows her selfless nature.

IYFreak 10th December 2006 01:52 AM

she refused it because of the feud that went on during 2004

norain 10th December 2006 02:10 AM

Ever since she stopped accepting her awards, her sales have suffered

emi♡ 10th December 2006 02:22 AM

I believe that part of the reason why she refused it was because of she believed the award should have gone to "Moments" and not inspire.

I know that's not the entire reason, but no one mentioned it yet. I don't remember anything about the other things though, the fued and her wanting other artists to win, someone elaborate? thanks

ExodusUK 10th December 2006 02:25 AM

I read it had something to do with the Max & Avex conflict.

s1012h 10th December 2006 02:33 AM

i never really understood the max and avex conflict
can someone clarify? even reading the wikipedia entry on it, i still don't quite understand
and if ayu really refused the award because she wanted other artists to get it, i think that's amazingly humble and unselfish of her
but i wouldn't want INSPIRE to win, Moments and GAME are wayyy better

Mari-chan 10th December 2006 12:48 PM

Wow.. thanks for so much answers. If she really want, that other artist win that award, it was very generous from her.
I thought, maybee, she dislike Instire. And don't wanted, that the get it for this song. By the way.. I love Inspiere.. it is a greate song.

Mari!

Keishi 10th December 2006 01:11 PM

she didn't want INSPIRE to win any award, because she dedicated the song for the fans, not for any awards.


Another reason, avex do not want the audience think that the company bribed the award committee so Ayu can win, considering she used to always win that award every year.

And yeah, also because she want to give a chance to other artists.

ayu_fan929 10th December 2006 02:15 PM

JACOMPA (the committee that decides the songs for the Taishou) said that they had no intention of nominating Ayu in the 1st place.

kinix 10th December 2006 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayu_fan929 (Post 971935)
JACOMPA (the committee that decides the songs for the Taishou) said that they had no intention of nominating Ayu in the 1st place.

they changed their comments....

Delirium-Zer0 11th December 2006 04:30 AM

I heard from somewhere that those awards were rigged & based on payoffs, and Ayu refused it when she discovered that. (would make sense; her promotion has gone down since then probably because of lack of payoffs to promoters on her behalf from avex.) I'm not 100% sure of it, but I wouldn't be surprised.

ohsixthirty 11th December 2006 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayu_fan929 (Post 971935)
JACOMPA (the committee that decides the songs for the Taishou) said that they had no intention of nominating Ayu in the 1st place.

yep, i remember that too...and there was sort of a scandal of whether she was nominated or not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinix (Post 971996)
they changed their comments....

they did? what did they change it to? i don't recall anything about that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delirium-Zer0 (Post 972430)
I heard from somewhere that those awards were rigged & based on payoffs, and Ayu refused it when she discovered that. (would make sense; her promotion has gone down since then probably because of lack of payoffs to promoters on her behalf from avex.) I'm not 100% sure of it, but I wouldn't be surprised.

wow, you make a good point, it almost makes me wonder if that really did happen. it would be sad if she suffered for being honest. :(

JaysenRyan 11th December 2006 05:50 AM

poor ayu, i wish her sales would rise again. she should seriously take a 2 year break (kill me for saying that) but she'sprobably exhausted and needs a creative break. I think she should try for a baby, i mean with her hellish schedule she should take some time to have a life. shes too humble and selfless. she needs to be selfish for once and think of herself.

Mari-chan 11th December 2006 05:25 PM

A break of 2 years? Ohhh.. no! I would not like that. And.. I have no idea, if it would help her, to sell more CD's.
For that.. why a creative Breake? I prefer her new song to her old one. Jewel is really greate.
But.. sure.. maybee she really need a breake to relax a little bit. She is very busy.

And.. wow.. so much answers again. Now.. I can understand why she refused the award.. Thanks a lot.

Raiu-Ayu 11th December 2006 05:40 PM

I heard she won't accept anymore awards because of the Matsuura/Yoda (no not the guy from Star Wars) feud at Avex. It was around the time of INSPIRE so maybe she thought that the feud would give her more press attention than other artists so it wouldn't be fair. I don't know but it sounds like something ayu would do

I wish she would start accepting awards again. She'd kick everyone's ass XD

Chandrachan 11th December 2006 05:57 PM

True Ayu should start accepting awards again - she works so hard so she earns them!!
I wonder how many awards does Ayu have? you can just imagine a room filled with awards!!

JimmyKoria 12th December 2006 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keishi (Post 971916)
she didn't want INSPIRE to win any award, because she dedicated the song for the fans, not for any awards.


Another reason, avex do not want the audience think that the company bribed the award committee so Ayu can win, considering she used to always win that award every year.

And yeah, also because she want to give a chance to other artists.

Wasn't INSPIRE a commercial song made for a a museum commercial? That's why I thought she didn't take it.

I do think Moments was a better song, it is one of the best songs from My Story but it was also a song for a commercial (infact the fans asked for a full version so she made one? right?).

I do think she works kind of hard and maybe deserved the awards. I mean compared to US artist they work so much. But then again US artist usually have more places to tour and sometimes tour outside the states and do promotions else where.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.