Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Enquiries (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   A quote by Ayu I'm looking for (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77577)

Chibi_Venus 28th July 2008 05:01 AM

A quote by Ayu I'm looking for
 
I'm not sure if it was a lyric or an actual quote, but it was something along the lines of, "I was not born to live." I feel like there's more to the quote, but now I'm doubting myself and thinking that the quote I provided is the one and only line. :laugh

Any help is appreciated!

truehappiness 28th July 2008 05:19 AM

Quote:

* We were not born to live
Just putting on a front
And hiding a face
Like the dead
From Marionette, it seems.

Basically says: "We were not born to be something that we are not" or something like that.

Chibi_Venus 28th July 2008 07:46 PM

^ Thanks for your help, but that wasn't it.

I wish there were more clues I could provide, but what I said in my first post is really all I can remember. :doh

truehappiness 28th July 2008 10:51 PM

Quote:

I was born alone. I'll go on living alone.
I thought that surely that kind of life is appropriate.
Is it this, from A Song for XX?

That phrase only pops up in these songs, so it could've been a random translation. Oi, it's hard to find these sorts of things.

Chibi_Venus 28th July 2008 11:28 PM

^ It is hard, as it could be from anywhere, but I really appreciate your help. :)

I want to say it was from some kind of interview or magazine. I think she was talking about how she wasn't born to live, but rather to fulfill something... I don't know. I know it's not the, "I myself am a dream," quote.

aqua_crystal 29th July 2008 12:40 AM

^^Huh??? I don't know... but I wish someone would post it soon!

truehappiness 29th July 2008 01:52 AM

Okay, time to look now that you've given me more information.

Whooo~

Aga-chan 29th July 2008 03:10 AM

It's might be from TimeAsia interview.

Quote:

"I don't have dreams," she says, slowly, shaking her head. "How can I say it? I myself am a dream."

pommy48 29th July 2008 08:37 AM

^ yeah i was thinking of that

edit: lol didn't see the not, never mind then

Ayumi_lover 29th July 2008 09:06 AM

it's looks very similar to Marionette, but it also maybe from some interview

criminal 29th July 2008 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibi_Venus (Post 1564921)
I want to say it was from some kind of interview or magazine. I think she was talking about how she wasn't born to live, but rather to fulfill something... I don't know. I know it's not the, "I myself am a dream," quote.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aga-chan (Post 1565114)
It's might be from TimeAsia interview.
Quote:

"I don't have dreams," she says, slowly, shaking her head. "How can I say it? I myself am a dream."

Quote:

Originally Posted by pommy408 (Post 1565364)
^ yeah i was thinking of that


o___o;

isura 29th July 2008 02:31 PM

How about this?

"There are people who you influence you, and people who hurt you, and sometimes people whom you hurt. But in the end, if you don’t realize things on your own and have the desire to change it, then you’ll never change. Because I don’t want to be living just because I was born."

from Oricon interview about MY STORY

4ever*ayu 29th July 2008 02:50 PM

So..it's not the one on my sig?? Hmmm...

Chibi_Venus 30th July 2008 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isura (Post 1565617)
How about this?

"There are people who you influence you, and people who hurt you, and sometimes people whom you hurt. But in the end, if you don’t realize things on your own and have the desire to change it, then you’ll never change. Because I don’t want to be living just because I was born."

from Oricon interview about MY STORY

THAT WAS IT! *sigh of relief* Thank you very much, isura. ^^

And a big thank you to all who helped. ^^ I really appreciate it! ;)

Aga-chan 30th July 2008 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibi_Venus (Post 1564921)
I want to say it was from some kind of interview or magazine. I think she was talking about how she wasn't born to live, but rather to fulfill something... I don't know. I know it's not the, "I myself am a dream," quote.

LOL Haven't seen the "not". Sorry. xD

truehappiness 30th July 2008 02:56 AM

That was an INCREDIBLE find. Bravo!

I remember that interview vaguely but I didn't think that it was from Oricon Style. Good job!

isura 30th July 2008 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibi_Venus (Post 1566467)
THAT WAS IT! *sigh of relief* Thank you very much, isura. ^^

Haha, you're welcome. : D I just love to read Ayu's interviews again and again... She's such a smart woman.

panda87 31st July 2008 12:29 AM

wow, that's a great quote. i love that quote now.

nmskalmn 2nd August 2008 12:37 AM

Great quote! I had forgotten about it too. :)


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.