Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Enquiries (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   About ourselves PV (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87392)

PinkShinigami 11th March 2009 06:45 PM

About ourselves PV
 
I have heard someone in here tell, that there is a bigger meaning of the ourselves PV. I have looked around the net, but I can't find it any help >.< Can someone please tell me, or link a site? Thank you :)

Lee_410 11th March 2009 08:09 PM

I think it's quite obvious.It's more...fun to discover by yourself,watch it carefully,take a look at all the details of the PV and you'll probably see the meaning.

PinkShinigami 11th March 2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee_410 (Post 1857316)
I think it's quite obvious.It's more...fun to discover by yourself,watch it carefully,take a look at all the details of the PV and you'll probably see the meaning.

Is it something with the text then? xD Gonna wach it later XD

NintendoHTF1242 11th March 2009 09:37 PM

Many people have said it's a PV against avex, when they forced her to release A BEST (Her being chained up to the wall while the people are laughing and playing around with A BEST symbolizes her not having a say in releasing A BEST)
There's more symbolism, and I'm a bit brain dead and tired right now. But you'll find the symbolism.

Picaflor 7/4 12th March 2009 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkShinigami (Post 1857279)
I have heard someone in here tell, that there is a bigger meaning of the ourselves PV. I have looked around the net, but I can't find it any help >.< Can someone please tell me, or link a site? Thank you :)

its not that hard to figure out. >.> obviously ayu was going through some depression and hated herself. It's the only pv i ever suggest to any ayu hater. "hey look! a video of some white asian gurl gettin' hit up by a gang! they be beating up her car, and i think are gonna throw her off the roof and onto a tv later."
lol sorry. couldn't help myself, I always wanted to say that.:eviltongu

I think its about intent, or deep feeling. Like "the true ourselves" or soemthing.

AyUta 12th March 2009 06:03 AM

Yeah, it has something to do with A BEST and her label avex. They forced the rivalry between Ayu's A BEST and Utada's DISTANCE album, which Ayu was against.

PinkShinigami 12th March 2009 07:44 AM

Well, when I didn't even know Ayu back then, and haven't heard the story, it isn't that obvious XD Thank you :P

alternarist 12th March 2009 12:55 PM

A BEST was in 2001. ourselves was in 2003. why the long wait of 2 years?

chloeM 12th March 2009 01:14 PM

haha... great point you have there alternarist...
well, there's whole lot of A BEST poster in it so i think it has something to do with A BEST

AyuHamasaki01 12th March 2009 02:04 PM

well I actually think it has something to do with A BEST, because they destroy the A BEST pictures, I mean, they could've also taken the I am... covers or the cover of the single. :shrug

PinkShinigami 12th March 2009 02:05 PM

^You do? XD

AyuHamasaki01 12th March 2009 02:22 PM

^ What is that suppose to mean? :s

PinkShinigami 12th March 2009 03:22 PM

^ Do you think, that it is something about A BEST? XD

waterballoon 12th March 2009 03:59 PM

My take on the PV:

Ayu gets kidnapped scientists (avex) and those weird-faced people (obsessed fans?)... yeah. she doesn't like it, so she hates all of them.

Anyway, I read from somewhere that the idea of the PV of ourselves was derived from a dream Ayu had!

AyuHamasaki01 12th March 2009 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkShinigami (Post 1858094)
^ Do you think, that it is something about A BEST? XD

:laugh sorry, but yes, I think so .... or so I have heard, can't remember which one XD

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterballoon (Post 1858129)

Anyway, I read from somewhere that the idea of the PV of ourselves was derived from a dream Ayu had!

Now that must've been a scary nightmare.

yoshino 12th March 2009 04:32 PM

^lolz.. the pv was alr quite a nightmare.

what abt the Ayu dressed in black? does that mean anything? the dark side of herself?

I rmb I read somewhere tat it says this song pv is abt Ayu's self-struggle.. something like tat.

waterballoon 12th March 2009 04:41 PM

Well, one thing for sure is that there a lot of symbolism in the PV.

When the scientists are sewing her A BEST posters up, it seems like a reference to rumors of Ayu having plastic surgery?

Also when certain album/singles were shown in a "case", A BEST, NEVER EVER, A BALLADS... I think for A BEST and NEVER EVER, it shows that these 2 works were her least favorite or something, since they were forced upon by avex.

For A BALLADS, who knows? Maybe avex lectured her or something for coming up with a lousy compilation album that didn't sell as well as the previous compilation album (A BEST)?

yoshino 12th March 2009 05:08 PM

^wow,.seems like there is alot of things gg on in the pv.. hmm...and it makes sense though.

noidea 12th March 2009 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterballoon (Post 1858169)
Also when certain album/singles were shown in a "case", A BEST, NEVER EVER, A BALLADS... I think for A BEST and NEVER EVER, it shows that these 2 works were her least favorite or something, since they were forced upon by avex.

She really liked to use NEVER EVER in PVs to show something bad, I remember seeing NEVER EVER in Dearest PV as well.

I think it's pretty obvious what ourselves means....but I don't have any time to write something about it yet and most other people think the same about it(at least from what I read here)

Lee_410 12th March 2009 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alternarist (Post 1857999)
A BEST was in 2001. ourselves was in 2003. why the long wait of 2 years?

I think she waited that long because she wanted to feel "safe" so she could strike out at avex while they're off-guard?I don't know.

The PV is about what Ayu felt at the time,avex controlling her,singles she didn't wanted to release(she was forced to release NEVER EVER,and it appears on the PV),she felt she was "trapped"(chains,dark room).The scientist are the "avex" of the PV.I love how they rip the covers,then sew them back and put lipstick or write with red markers on them(I think it's about avex using Ayu as a product,and well,they still do).ourselves PV was really good,with all the details,symbolism and all,but that part with the huge black wig...I think it's just wrong there.Oh,btw,the guys with the ayu-masks are the press,media etc.In the PV,they chase Ayu and try to "kill" her,just as IRL,the press always follows Ayu,etc.

Well,it's what I think.Maybe more replies from other members will explain more things~


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.