Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Enquiries (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Ayu no Deji Deji Nikki 2000-2009 -Ayumi Hamasaki purchase? (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87848)

douggn 24th March 2009 02:54 AM

Ayu no Deji Deji Nikki 2000-2009 -Ayumi Hamasaki purchase?
 
Hi, I was just wondering how many people have ordered Ayu no Deji Deji Nikki 2000-2009 -Ayumi Hamasaki. I have ordered a copy today at AU$85 :headache from YA and I want to know what my chances are of getting a first press edition since my order is so close to the release date? Thanks

kendelle 24th March 2009 03:15 AM

YesAsia is pretty slow with updating their site, you will know 100% in about 3-4 working days. The shipment units will probably change from 5 down to 4 as the second edition is supposed to be smaller.

I would think you'd get first edition seeing as it hasn't been released yet and the release date has been pushed back a few times. In my experience with the Aussie book publishing industry, they usually print books about a week before the release, then send them out so the book arrives 1-2 days before official release. I guess it's the same in Japan. They probably haven't even started the print run yet.

That could be a good or bad thing.

On the bad side, they might not have enough orders to warrant a run yet (mass-produced book/magazine runs are typically printed in the upper thousands to tens of thousands, niche books like this would be in the low thousands, or even just the upper-hundreds), or they planned to release a bonus and it's not been sourced yet.

On the lighter side, it could be a simple matter of it being difficult to resize the pages for the book release....I guess we'll find out when we get copies. In the meantime preorders are still coming in, they will probably adjust the first edition run accordingly.

I feel for you with that price >_< I was lucky to get mine for about $65AU from CDJ incl shipping, but I lumped it in with NEXT LEVEL so now it's released later I have to wait til mid April before it all comes!! >_<

chloeM 24th March 2009 10:55 AM

i never ordered anything from YA... i am waiting for Ebay

douggn 24th March 2009 12:42 PM

True, I guess Ill just have to wait, thanks.

I don't mind using YA, they have been really good for me and their delivery is always really fast, for me anyway

Dokiyo 24th March 2009 02:47 PM

I ordered one~ and im really excited but i am disappointed that they keep pushing the release date~

°~Kitty~° 24th March 2009 03:58 PM

I ordered one *YesAsia* o/

kilia22 24th March 2009 04:32 PM

Order one too . I mailed Yesasia few days ago and they said me : 1st come 1st serve =)

PinkShinigami 24th March 2009 06:31 PM

I ordered one from YesAsia too, and I think there is still first press avaiable. YesAsia still says 仕様:B4変形・168ページ :D But I really wonder how ALL the diarys, covers, scans and so on can be on only 168 pages! I'll cry if there is more than 1 scan on a page w(_ _)w

Kagome-chan 24th March 2009 09:18 PM

I ordered one from YesAsia on 3/14/2009!

OyTony 24th March 2009 11:06 PM

I ordered one at Yesasia. : )

kendelle 25th March 2009 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkShinigami (Post 1871558)
I ordered one from YesAsia too, and I think there is still first press avaiable. YesAsia still says 仕様:B4変形・168ページ :D But I really wonder how ALL the diarys, covers, scans and so on can be on only 168 pages! I'll cry if there is more than 1 scan on a page w(_ _)w

Yeah, that has me a bit worried too >_<

Sometimes the text is small even on the magazine scans, I'd hope the text is viewable in B4 size... :headache

krazeyo 25th March 2009 03:03 AM

I asked two weeks ago if they had any Days/Green first press left, and they said they did, but its first come first serve. To be sure, she said place a comment confirming that it was going to be first press before ordering.

Here's the e-mail:
Referring to your enquiry on "Days / GREEN (SINGLE+DVD)(Jacket A)(Japan Version) " (catalog number 1012751794), the first press version is still available. However, it is of limited quantity and will be distributed on first-come-first-serve basis. Please leave a message as "please confirm the item is of first press version" in the customer comment column before you submit the order.

jbrat2219 25th March 2009 04:25 AM

I ordered one from YesAsia... fairly late too.

Ayumi_lover 25th March 2009 06:40 AM

Isn't this book 37,5$ on HMV

PinkShinigami 25th March 2009 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krazeyo (Post 1872033)
I asked two weeks ago if they had any Days/Green first press left, and they said they did, but its first come first serve. To be sure, she said place a comment confirming that it was going to be first press before ordering.

Here's the e-mail:
Referring to your enquiry on "Days / GREEN (SINGLE+DVD)(Jacket A)(Japan Version) " (catalog number 1012751794), the first press version is still available. However, it is of limited quantity and will be distributed on first-come-first-serve basis. Please leave a message as "please confirm the item is of first press version" in the customer comment column before you submit the order.

I heard something about it somewhere too. That's bad of YesAsia, you aren't even shure what you order! That's why I normally use CDJ, but the shipping would be too expensive for a 168 pages book..

LacusClyne 25th March 2009 07:04 AM

don't worry, the first press should be still available, they have prepare a lot of it, and the second edition was plan to be out like a month after the release date

critter333294 29th March 2009 06:17 AM

You have a good chance of getting it. I ordered Rule/Sparkle 5 days before release, and I got the first press CD with the Akira Toriyama drawing.

douggn 1st April 2009 01:59 PM

$85 australian, its like every american $1 is worth like around 70c australian at the moment

The book cost me $57.99 american from YA

kendelle 1st April 2009 02:24 PM

^ I think from now on I'll check HMV Japan before getting from CDJ or YA. The book is about $55AUD and shipping is quite a bit less than $30AUD (like $21AUD).

From now on I'm going to check more sites before I rush ahead and preorder books next time :P Countries like Australia are difficult for online shopping because our dollar sucks so bad!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.