Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Enquiries (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Enquiries about Key (The song in Duty) (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90351)

mellody 23rd May 2009 04:28 PM

Enquiries about Key (The song in Duty)
 
Since i haven't know much of younger Ayu..
I want to ask this..

The song Key ~eternal tie ver.~
Is that the only "Key"?
I mean, does she have Key (Original version), or something like that?

Because it's kinda strange, the song doesn't have any original version,
Anyway, maybe the title have any connection with the lyrics (of course)..

Anyone can explain?

AyUta 23rd May 2009 11:53 PM

As far as I know, that's the only version there is. It's just like Memorial Address ~Take 2 Ver.~ That's the only version. I don't believe there was any information about why Ayu did it like that.

visionfactory 24th May 2009 06:38 AM

from official site :)

"This is an unknown song that was recorded for the third album Duty. It was born from ayu's desire at the time to "create a song to commemorate a celebration, like a wedding." The subtitle 〜eternal tie ver.〜 also suggests this feeling. I invite listeners to read the lyrics of this track out loud, as I remember how impressed I was by their completeness, especially given that it was only her third album. Although there was talk of doing a retake, we found that the original take was important as something that could only have been created at that particular time in ayu's career. Thus, we recorded it with only some remastering."

noidea 24th May 2009 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyUta (Post 1954127)
As far as I know, that's the only version there is. It's just like Memorial Address ~Take 2 Ver.~ That's the only version. I don't believe there was any information about why Ayu did it like that.

But we at least know WHY its called take 2 version + we have the normal(or another, maybe Take 1 xD) version on A BEST II Black, so there is another version/recording of it

pommy48 24th May 2009 08:17 AM

i wonder if maybe memorial address ~take 1 ver.~ made ayu cry so much that they had to re-record it...hmm~

but thanks for the explanation cutting edge!

jiarongisme 24th May 2009 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noidea (Post 1954514)
But we at least know WHY its called take 2 version + we have the normal(or another, maybe Take 1 xD) version on A BEST II Black, so there is another version/recording of it

Technically, it's still the take 2 version. They just cut out the talking parts at the start.

noidea 24th May 2009 08:45 AM

@pommy48 thats what i thought as well, or the second take was just sung better, i mean, its just normal to record several takes, it took her 3 days to record momentum after all

^ I thought it had slightly different vocals and was another recording from the same time, guess im wrong

pommy48 24th May 2009 08:52 AM

yeah, but even the take 2 version sounds like she was about to break down crying @_@ i can imagine ayu in the recording studio, probably rolled into a ball crying in the corner~

but since the question was answered, so it's not that off-topic, but what does the man say in the beginning of memorial address?

jiarongisme 24th May 2009 08:55 AM

@noidea Nope, they're both the same. I remember comparing both of them together some time ago, and they're exactly the same. Except the one A BEST 2 -BLACK- is louder as it is enhanced.

AyUta 26th May 2009 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutting_edge (Post 1954466)
from official site :)

"This is an unknown song that was recorded for the third album Duty. It was born from ayu's desire at the time to "create a song to commemorate a celebration, like a wedding." The subtitle 〜eternal tie ver.〜 also suggests this feeling. I invite listeners to read the lyrics of this track out loud, as I remember how impressed I was by their completeness, especially given that it was only her third album. Although there was talk of doing a retake, we found that the original take was important as something that could only have been created at that particular time in ayu's career. Thus, we recorded it with only some remastering."

Ah I see. Thanks for the info!

JackieRos 26th May 2009 01:21 AM

"most frequently asked question"

Other songs that do not have "original" versions are:
* Key -eternal tie ver.-

C+R+E+AYUMI 26th May 2009 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pommy48 (Post 1954516)
i wonder if maybe memorial address ~take 1 ver.~ made ayu cry so much that they had to re-record it...hmm~

but thanks for the explanation cutting edge!

:yes I agree...Ayu was so touched by her own lyrics that her feeling overflew and turned into tears...
as far as I know, Key -eternal tie ver- is the only one existant

ALfromHELLSING 26th May 2009 12:10 PM

Oh, thanks for the info! Just today when I was listening to Duty (album) I was wondering if there are Original Mix/Version.

MiiSan 8th November 2009 02:51 AM

Just to point something out... the track from the ayu-mi-x III Acoustic Orchestra Version is named only "Key"

Ayumi_lover 8th November 2009 08:16 AM

^^ that's because it is Key ~orchestra version~ like all other songs on that album

MissElin_ 8th November 2009 09:13 AM

I think her naming Key with ~eternal tie ver.~ is so well fiting to the song! It's one of her best ballads to date imo. Its strong in music, composion, vocals, lyrics right from the beginning to the end. Even the title is very strong. Its a great great song really. :heart

I wish that she would perform it again soon.

MiiSan 8th November 2009 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayumi_lover (Post 2149827)
^^ that's because it is Key ~orchestra version~ like all other songs on that album

I was thinking about that in the beggining but then I also found it kinda weird that it was simply named Key (you know, in the tracklist of every acoustic ayu-mi-x dosen't have a ~orchestra version~ attached to title) but, oh well, guess I'm wrong since only the music is changed and not the vocals, nevermind http://i37.tinypic.com/2aewmlz.gif


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.