Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Enquiries (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Sunrise ~LOVE is ALL~ lyrics (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91921)

music_* 8th July 2009 01:09 PM

Sunrise ~LOVE is ALL~ lyrics
 
A question about the lyrics! :D
Okay, here's the thing. I'm currently studying Japanese and there's this part in the lyrics I don't get.
The unofficial lyrics go:
大きな愛
大きな声
something like that.

So my question is: isn't 大きい an い-adj?
Why is it paired with な?
It could be just to fit the song, but I wonder if it's something that the Japanese do in real-life; or is it just for Ayu's lyrics?
Something like that~
Could be my mistake since the lyrics aren't official.
And this might even be in the wrong place. :innocent

keikeiaznqueen 8th July 2009 01:20 PM

Sometimes ookii is written/said as ookina. I think the original form is ookii, which makes it an "i" adjective. But then it is also interchangeable as a "na" adjective. I asked the same question to my Japanese teacher before. It's just an exception I think. :P Ookina is not grammatically incorrect.

The same can be done with chiisai and chiisana.

Heavenly 8th July 2009 01:32 PM

do we have the complete lyrics somewhere ??

noidea 8th July 2009 01:47 PM

^ The song leaked a few hours ago, wait a little xD

music_* 8th July 2009 03:43 PM

@keikeiaznqueen: YAY! Thanks for this :D

Mitkki 10th July 2009 01:00 AM

大きな

大きい


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.