Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Enquiries (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Memorial Adress (take 2 version) a cover song? (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96496)

denadel 2nd December 2009 11:08 AM

Memorial Adress (take 2 version) a cover song?
 
I have been a fan of Ayu's music for a long time and used to collect everything i could find.
I have had remixes and other stuff i never knew anything about, not even if they were official.

I also have a song by Lover's sound track called "kumo". It sounds almost the same as Ayu's memorial adress (take 2 version).

I tried googling lover's sound track and the song title (kumo / 蜘蛛) but can't find any info. Does anyone know something about this?

~angel*ayumi~ 2nd December 2009 11:18 AM

It even is written in the booklet of Memorial address album that the music is from "LOVER SOUND TRACK"
Ayu just wrote her own lyrics for it.

~Inori~ 2nd December 2009 11:51 AM

Here's the song if anyone is wondering how it sounds.


TITANIC 2nd December 2009 03:27 PM

owhh. I have just known if its cover song

freedreamer 2nd December 2009 04:15 PM

I think (though i wasnt an ayu fan then) i read that Ayu really liked the song and requested to sing it as well...so that's when her partnership with tetsuya yukumi began..hence the majority of songs in MY STORY coming from him lol...

(it sure was an awesome song to take and make it hers)

AyUta 3rd December 2009 12:35 AM

Wow, I didn't know this o.o

C+R+E+AYUMI 3rd December 2009 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~angel*ayumi~ (Post 2173676)
It even is written in the booklet of Memorial address album that the music is from "LOVER SOUND TRACK"
Ayu just wrote her own lyrics for it.

so it's allowed somebody else used the same base I believe..

GRACE 4th December 2009 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C+R+E+AYUMI (Post 2174556)
so it's allowed somebody else used the same base I believe..

she got permission, the guy who did the original is credited in the Ma booklet.

Max_ZZZ 4th December 2009 07:40 AM

WHOAAA I DID NOT KNOW THIIS LOL
the heck... so what does this mean....

Delirium-Zer0 4th December 2009 07:44 AM

It means ayu liked an indie song, bought the rights to use the melody & hired the songwriter to write a few more songs for her.

Nothing really huge going on here.

StarSUCKER 4th December 2009 11:38 AM

The band is now defunct, BTW, which is why you can't find much information about them (I've tried). Kumo was from an EP. I think they released that EP and maybe one other thing, but they're only available used on some sites now, and even then rarely. Shame, too, because they probably have some other great material.

But yeah, indie band Tetsuya Yukumi was involved in, and that's how Ayu came across it.

visionfactory 5th December 2009 03:34 AM

That singer must be so proud of Ayu covering one of her songs @_@

Delirium-Zer0 5th December 2009 04:38 AM

Actually she's probably ticked off that her band got broken up cuz their chief songwriter was lured into a lucrative career writing songs for the biggest pop star in japan.

Honestly, in her shoes, that's kinda how I'd feel. It's tough to find a band to play in. =\

Heavenly 5th December 2009 09:45 AM

are there any lyrics available somewhere ? :(

nemesisyume 6th December 2009 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavenly (Post 2176481)
are there any lyrics available somewhere ? :(

yes you can find the lyrics here

http://ayumi.primenova.com/lyrics/memorialaddress.htm


Heavenly 6th December 2009 09:34 AM

thanks but i mean, the lyrics of the original song, KUMO xD are they available somewhere ?

YotaLM21 7th December 2009 01:59 PM

:O

that's why its called "take 2 ver"~ lol

thanks for the info

ayumi.hamasaki 7th December 2009 02:48 PM

thanks for the info

I never thought that Memorial address could be a cover

Delirium-Zer0 8th December 2009 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YotaLM21 (Post 2178550)
:O

that's why its called "take 2 ver"~ lol

No, this is not why it's called "take 2 ver". You should read the M.a. album interview that I translated.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.