Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Review Of A COMPLETE ~ALL SINGLES~ In Singapore's The Strait Times's Life ! papers
View Single Post
  #62  
Old 4th October 2008, 03:25 AM
ImpactBreaker's Avatar
ImpactBreaker ImpactBreaker is offline
The Judgement Day Guardian

 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brazil
Posts: 15,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium-Zer0 View Post
Her singing WAS whiny, unsteady, and unskillful for most of disc 1. And the music did get better as her voice did. Face it, half the reason alot of you like ayu's earlier material is only because you like her more recent material; you're gonna be much more forgiving of higher-pitched, whiny singing than someone who's not a huge ayu fan.
I guess I personally never minded her high pitch voice though. not because I liked her non-high pitched stuff asnd decided to force myself into like the older stuff, but mainly because I started enjoying her high pitched stuff far more than her non-high pítched stuff at first. Back when I first knew her, the first songs I listened were in these:

Fly high - SURREAL - evolution - M

Of these 4, only SURREAL really caught my interest to make me really extremely impressed at first listen, though I really liked Fly high a lot and M. it really made me want to look forward to her. Then, I went mass downloading and when I listened to YOU and TO BE, I was completely blown away, I was sure ayu would be forever my favorite artist. At that time, I found myself far more impressed by her LOVEppears/A Song For XX songas than the Duty/I am.. ones. I wouldn't stop listening to YOU, A Song for XX, Trust, appears, monochrome, Depend on you....Actually, back then I was really a fan of "For My Dear..." which most ppl seem to abhor, and I always loved kanariya, the original version that ppl say it's too high pitched lol Later things flatened and I liked everything all the same. And then I went into the stage of enjoying most her upcoming stuff because I had overplayed the past stuff to death XD
__________________

♬♪aijou de nuritsubushite
owaranai Spiral nukedasenai
mazari au mayoi sae irodukete so high
kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Reply With Quote