Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumsushi
Thank you! Someone else who feels the same way! Every time she goes on a show and boasts about how HUGE she is in Japan and WHO she is working with I want to throw something. She could use a piece of humble pie.
|
ah no. She doesn't bring it up, the interviewers do. What should she do? Giggle and say nothing? If you've watched half the interviews she's been in lately, you'd see that. Plus she said in a Seattle interview that's the thing she hates - that most of her interviews focus on how popular she is in Japan rather than the music she is trying to sell in America. And I don't blame her - a lot of Americans can't get around the fact that someone can sell so many records outside their country.
She's very humble in interviews, she's got my respect as an artist. Utada and Ayu were popular at the same time, I think she really doesn't like those situations because it adds more fuel to the fire when there isn't a fire to begin with.