Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - You were... / BALLAD information thread [IV]
View Single Post
Old 14th November 2009, 01:13 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post

That's why I said B'z could be an exception. But still their sales this year could hang with most of the big artists. Ayumi's sales have not been able to hang with many of the big artists for a few years now unfortunately.
This year, I agree, however their previous couple of years weren't really as good and Ayu could match their 2008 releases not to mention their albums sales which have declined years ago.

Quote:

I think to use Arashi as an example is almost cheating. haha They are so hot right now that they would easily crush anyone without batting an eye. But one artist on an extreme hotstreak does not devalidate the high sales of every other artist. There is like stratispheric high (Arashi) and then high (the other artists mentioned here) and then those that used to be high and hang with those groups but don't anymore though their records would deceive people into thinking otherwise.
Indeed, but it just shows that their streak can easily be smashed to pieces xD

Quote:
....and then after all this discussion, watch Fukuyama's single be like the one big flop of his career. lol
LOL, even though that would be fun, considering that the fans requested the release, I don't know what to think.

Follow me @njanjayrp