Quote:
Originally Posted by emiko
I don't think that's necessarily true.
At least not for me. I can't speak for other people.
But there are a lot of artists that I have loved at the beginning, and still love after many years.
For me, it's all a matter of the music. In Ayu's case, I have to disregard it.
I don't think it's weird that you love everything she puts out. I've said it many times, From LOVEppears to Secret, I love every single song. I never really counted asfxx or her pre avex stuff in any serious way, but I love them too. For a long time, I loved her whole discography. People thought I was crazy.
Her music has just changed. I think it's odd that some people, not saying you, keep trying to like, say it hasn't...when it's soo obvious lol
And even more obvious that, some people will like the change, and some people won't. It'll always be 50-50.
About the risks...I dont know what risks she can possibly take that will make the music any better...fire everyone and hire "better" people? Tell Max to stop letting TK write her ballads? lol
Ayu picks the compositions she wants, out of a pool of god knows how many. The only reason for her music being the way it is, is that she wanted it this way.
I don't know...maybe people want her to change...but...well...I would never ask it of her.
|
Well, I do agree with Brittney... when u listen to the same artist for years, u get used to their aestheical choices... So, you will not be surprised anymore... Just like u said... she is doing that she feels like, so, this music is her... on the same way her old music was her at that time...
You will not relate to every lyric, but if you and Ayu are going through the same stuff, u will relate to most of it, on the same way, if u r not connected to her, like Lady_Eowyn said, u r not going to feel it...
I don't think anyone can say her music got better or worst... but it is for sure different, and IMO it's good that she takes different directions depending on how she is feeling... Like... I hated RnRC, but I can understand why she felt like releasing it, and why it was good to her...
Her music is very personal to her, and it will change on the same speed and in the same way she is changing...