Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Girls' Generation Bring The Boys & Girls Out ♥ thread #13! ♥
View Single Post
  #307  
Old 14th November 2011, 03:23 AM
TofuBunny's Avatar
TofuBunny TofuBunny is offline
WE WISH Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sweet Home ~United Arab Emirates~
Posts: 4,076
^ NOOO WHAT I DON'T HAVE ANY MORE MONEY STOP RELEASING STUFF GIRLS. I'm gonna have to wait for some time before ordering this one ;~;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Punks View Post
I think that explanation is a little TOO simplified? Like, Koreans don't always release mini albums, and they generally don't repackage their actual mini albums. They pretty much do whatever the f they want though, lol. They switch between releasing singles and mini albums (which can both have three songs if they want, they don't care). Some artists release albums that are six songs (which we would call mini albums, but they call albums) and some release albums that have ten or more songs. Also, depending on the artists and apparently what they just happen to feel like doing at the time, the title tracks from previous singles and mini albums may or may not end up on the full album. Albums are generally the only ones that get repackaged, but not ALL artists repackage their albums. I think the album repackaging thing is mostly an SM thing, because I can't really think of any YG, JYP, etc. groups that have repackaged their albums. Of course, it's not ONLY SM artists, like how BEG, T-ara, Infinite and many others have repackaged their albums. But generally, it's not something that everyone does/something that happens every time an album is released.
This is the most accurate description I've seen to date
Yeah well if we're talking SM they do have a pattern when it come to releases instead of being totally random like some companies XD
It's like this: They rarely ever release a digital single. If it's a mini-album they might follow-up with another track in the album later but it won't get an MV. If it's a full album it gets a repackage with 1-4 different songs. For SNSD, SHINee, and f(x) they usually have 1-2 minis between full albums. TVXQ and Super Junior only release full albums. TRAX and The Grace are totally random at the moment

oh and btw this is something I found confusing at first, most Kpop artists don't release OST songs as singles like in JPop, they only appear on OST albums.
__________________


♥ welcome to exo planet ♥


Last edited by TofuBunny; 14th November 2011 at 03:26 AM.