Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Party Queen professional review
View Single Post
  #41  
Old 2nd May 2012, 06:35 AM
happiholic★'s Avatar
happiholic★ happiholic★ is offline
fairyland Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 8,287
While I don't always agree with professional reviews, they do actually give better insight, imo. All reviews have bias, but I would think that someone on the outside, who has no prior opinions of Ayu, would be able to give a more fair review than some stan who thinks that Ayu burping is music. I don't think that Ayu's musical history is relevant to a good review. Just because she has had gems in the past doesn't stop a new song from being bad. They are not related. "Given Ayu's history, I know she meant well" doesn't really cut it for me.

A good review by a professional means more to me than a fans. Because it means the singer was really able to get the point across, to any listener, not just the fan who has been following the singer's career. When I'm searching a new singer, or even product, I want a review from someone who isn't a fan, because otherwise I'm going to read all this praise, only to find out my expectations were too high.

And I'll be honest, I'm finding that when a review on here is negative people pick it apart, but will praise a positive review, even if its a blog or something.
__________________

❤


Last edited by happiholic★; 2nd May 2012 at 06:42 AM.
Reply With Quote