Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - The next generation of female artists/groups
View Single Post
Old 4th June 2015, 01:22 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoake View Post
^The cover of Tamashii no Refrain is good. I was a bit scared when I read the title in the tracklist because I love the song. I'm glad that they didn't slaughter it.
I had no idea the song was a cover until reading this... and it was in an Evangelion movie?! That I watched???? Kicking myself for my lousy memory now. But yeah, they definitely didn't slaughter it! I love the production (and the melody), I hope to hear more songs like this from them.

Anyway, I like this introducing-new-artists thing. I'm gonna do some more.

[Solo] Leo Ieiri / 家入レオ | Singer-songwriter | Debut: 2012

From the people who brought you YUI and Ayaka... a new, young singer-songwriter! Leo Ieiri started writing music at age 15, debuted when she was 17, and won Billboard Japan's Best New Artist award shortly after turning 18. Have I mentioned how good her third album is? I need everyone to know.

Spoiler:
Bless You

Silly

miss you

[Group] Suiyoubi no Campanella / 水曜日のカンパネラ | Indie weirdness | Debut: 2012

Suiyoubi no Campanella consists of lyricist-vocalist Koumai, producer Kenmochi Hidefumi, and Dir F. who does... something. They produce eccentric music that borrows from many different sources; I find this quote from Koumai a pretty nice summary of their way of making music, kind of their thesis statement: "-- Kenmochi likes when there is tension. He wants me to rap, because [my voice] doesn’t fit rap. That gives the music a sense of something being just off." Source

Spoiler:
Puff

Marie Antoinette

Diablo

[Solo] Rei Yasuda / 安田レイ | Pop princess + model | Solo Debut: 2013 | Thread here!

Rachel Rhodes has been involved in Japanese music since age 13, contributing vocals to electronic project Genki Rockets. She started her solo career under stage name Rei Yasuda in 2013 and so far she has five singles (with sixth on the way) and a studio album under her belt. Her music should please fans of pretty, melodic pop.

Spoiler:
Best of my Love

Brand New Day

Koiuta