Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - The 13th Lady Gaga Thread - ARTPOP is OUT!
View Single Post
  #315  
Old 22nd October 2016, 10:17 AM
xLuna&1LOVE's Avatar
xLuna&1LOVE xLuna&1LOVE is offline
Born To Be... Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NL
Posts: 9,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by js_surrealism View Post
To me what's 'real' and what's not has never really been important to me. People always try to project a certain image when they are in the spotlight so I always take it with pinch of salt.
Agreed so much with this.

Listening to album Joanne right now, even though I wasn't that impressed with Perfect Illusion and Million Reasons.

I must say, I don't really think it is that different from what we know of her (only Cheek to Cheek has been, obviously, something unexpected imo) but I don't think that is a big issue. She has clearly her own sound/style, that's good. She doesn't need to explain that she 'finally found herself.' She will find herself again for her next album, for sure. Who cares? Let her feel proud about her releases.

The country influence is fine. I believe it makes the album more cohesive, otherwise it would be lacking. I agree though that none of the songs are really outstandingly good or memorable. Like with Bey's Lemonade, I wasn't into her, but Lemonade was sooo good, I became Beycrazy and even went to her concert. Something is missing on Lady Gaga album, something like a hit, or a good song that grabs the attention. Most of us can agree on that, right?
The best I can say about the album is that it is a 'nice try.' Yea, it is good, but not that good. But it would be as Ayu's Made in Japan is to us: the fans will like it, because it's new and occasionaly listeners will prefer the classics.

I like Joanne, Hey Girl and I think I enjoyed John Wayne too. That was one of the first songs, right?
__________________

Reply With Quote