Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89
To me it is a very good album. In every direction. All the little gays are just crying out cause it does not sound like overproduced pop. I won't say that either is better, I like both, but I'm tired of this conversation all around. Its art. art can't be judged with "good" or "bad". I don't even allow my students to ask me if their picture "looks nice" - cause thats not how it works. each piece of art connects to people different. So stop saying its "bad" and me more like "its not my cup of tea, will be back for the next"
|
That was rude.
That being said, I disagree about the judgement of "good" and "bad" art. IMO the quality of art comes from how close an artist gets from reaching their goals with their work. Gaga IMO usually fails because she tries to produce stuff on a aesthetic and usually end up with a pretty shallow view at it. It always feels more of a caricature of what she wanna do than as something that can be seen as a part of it, unlike Bowie or Madonna or Michael. It works as purely pop, and it wouldn't be a problem with she didn't act like she thinks she isn't doing more than that, 100% comercial pop music.