Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - The new artists thread
View Single Post
Old 9th August 2017, 03:26 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

I can't believe I haven't mentioned FOLKS here before, I love them and they seriously need some more recognition! FOLKS is an indie rock band (don't let the name fool you, they have nothing to do with folk music) formed in 2013 by Fumito Iwai and Kazumasa Noguchi, former Galileo Galilei members. They've released four mini-albums and two singles so far, and they have some excellent material.
http://folks-eniwa.com/

Casca is probably my favourite song by them, it's haunting, beautiful, amazing, etc. The whole SNOWTOWN mini-album is really really good, you should check that out of FOLKS sounds like an interesting group to you.

I would share more songs, but most of my favourite songs don't seem to be on Youtube... and I don't feel like looking anymore, their name is verging on un-googleable and makes searching annoying, lol.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in FOLKS, I'd be happy to share their releases!

------

I'm not sure if anyone here listens to Haruka to Miyuki, but I feel the need to mention that their third full-length studio album, Tameiki no Danmenzu, has been released, and it's really good! Definitely their best full-length album, though still behind Sekai as my favourite release overall. But if anyone is looking for some rock, I really recommend checking the album out!

-----

^^ I checked out the PIGGY BANKS videos. The singer sounds great, and their songs sound quite fun, but their style isn't really for me. Still, thanks for spreading the word, Yoake, I hadn't heard of them before!

I still haven't listened to any Bed In though I've been meaning to, and was reminded about them randomly on another site... So many artists to try, so little time!