Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Latest TA post [1st April 2018] - Reacting to weight comments
View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2018, 01:07 PM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenshi no hane View Post
I won't make a full translation because Team Ayu posts are meant to be private, but I made a summary.

Please note that it's not her staff who told her to lose weight etc. AyuAngel probably misread it; I almost did too.

--

She thanks everyone for watching the LINE LIVE and Instagram Live yesterday. She was very nervous. She just can't get used to those live recordings.

When she looked back at the recording, she was also surprised at how bloated and swollen she looked.

Lately she's been swamped with the tour, CDTV rehearsals and other 20th year anniversary stuff during the day, and when she gets home, she immerses herself in song writing. She admits she's living on sheer adrenalin lately (aka not getting enough rest).

Regarding yesterday, her staff was told things like, 'Ayu should probably lose some weight' and 'Ayu's photos are edited too much'. They talked to Ayu about how it frustrates them to be told such things. That's part of the reason she started writing this message. Although she does understand why people say things like that.

She admits that she looked completely different in one day yesterday. The Ayu during the LINE LIVE, the Ayu during the instagram live and the Ayu on her twitter looked completely different. However, she asks, haven't any of you ever worked all day, get home looking haggard and thin, and then wake up the next morning bloated?

She admits she was too tired yesterday and couldn't be a good host because of it. She should've slept properly, knowing it was an important day. She's sorry she didn't.

She may look different at different moments in one day, but it's still Ayu during all those moments. She's not writing this message to proclaim she's not fat or doesn't edit her photos. She simply feels worried about how normal and easy it has become to edit yourself through apps and upload the perfect you on social media nowadays. She doesn't feel the goal is to have as big eyes as possible or be as thin as possible, etc. Everyone is born with their own physique. Their own individuality. She doesn't want people to lose sight of that. That is the real message she wants to get across today.

Apps are just apps. Don't be too hasty. We are much more beautiful beings that we think, even without relying on such apps.

She loves Team Ayu, today too.

(She also uploaded 5 photographs of herself during rehearsals at 11 o' clock, 6 hours after the LINE LIVE. To show how she looked then.)

--
thank you so much for this. I love how human she is.