Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Koda Kumi] The 195th Thread - ANⱭDNA
Thread: [Koda Kumi] The 195th Thread - ANⱭDNA
View Single Post
  #141  
Old 11th August 2018, 07:51 PM
lovethatkuu&ayu's Avatar
lovethatkuu&ayu lovethatkuu&ayu is offline
As if.. Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: U.S.
Posts: 277
@ Corvina I don't fault Max. In business, sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind. I think he saw her potential, but wasn't going to mince words about her future, if she didn't stop just expecting success to happen.

You are 100% correct, by saying Kumi didn't have a clear vision of herself or career. To be fair, she was a young girl fresh out of high school signed to the most famous label in Japan. There was some personal growth that needed to happen and ultimately she figured out her own style/brand.

I should probably clarify my feelings on grow into one. As an album it's fine and her involvement with Lisa and Blistah, was indeed a match made in heaven. She probably wouldn't have made the excellent feel my mind, without the experience of 2000 to 2003. That said, I just get annoyed that she wasn't allowed as much input despite her lyrical skill on the 2nd album.

Last edited by lovethatkuu&ayu; 11th August 2018 at 08:16 PM.
Reply With Quote