Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - 『M 愛すべき人がいて』The story of encounter & separation hidden in the birth of a songstress
View Single Post
Old 3rd August 2019, 10:22 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
From what I've seen, reviews and opinions are very mixed about this.

Personally I don't really understand it - first I thought somebody is making a book out of those old rumours, so whatever.
But then Ayu published her foreword she wrote for it where she basically confirms it's based on truth and there's the info out she gave the author interviews so she can write the novel.
I mean, what? Does she have to sell parts of her private life now for avex in her current career path?
Cause I don't think she needs it for herself, at least financially.
Whatever she wants, but I'd like her to concentrate on other things.

And well, yeah, Japan has sadly a history of romanticising relationships between older guys and younger girls (like teacher - pupil love stories in dramas).
Btw. the info about the drama I haven't seen anywhere else so far, so Idk how true that is.
She probably doesn't need it for herself? These are all assumptions people are making to make it so much more complicated. It's so much easier to be a fan of celebrities when you don't do that, but it's up to you.

It happened 20 years ago, so its literally history from a couple decades ago. Plenty of fictional stories like this exist where people interview the figures of interest (or related figures) and then edit to make the story they want. Ayu's career is old as shit and she's not in her prime anymore, so it doesn't seem like a big deal to take an interview for this. At least in my perspective. And a lot of this info is stuff people knew or assumed (but even if it wasn't, what I said applies).

She's also not writing this novel so the point on focusing on other things seems irrelevant, no? This doesnt stop her from doing anything else.

On another note, people complain about ayu selling her private life...but this story is old, and we've always known things to some extent about her private life, whether about relationships or family history, etc, so I don't think it's a new phenomenon.

In general, it's a book. People write books about many things, including celebrities. Nothing new.

Somewhat unrelated to the above, I'd honestly be interested in hearing more about ayu's first decade of her career in general. It's far away, so it would be neat if she shared stories (unrelated to someone else's personal project like a novel they want to write). That's up to her though I guess and also whatever she's allowed to say without repercussions from avex.

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter