Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - WOWOW to broadcast ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ on September 23
View Single Post
Old 22nd April 2022, 08:29 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerain View Post
I have to say I'm not too impressed with this show, so I tend to understand Ayu a little bit. POWER of A^3, Promised Land and even the pandemic shows without audience, they all seem to be more appealing.

However, I really wanted a proper release of POM 18. There's still a very good arranging (the last ARENA TOUR with her band) and some good performances.
I have to disagree with you, but I understand we all have different tastes and opinions. It is trues that their was less stunts and choreography, so if you like a show with a lot of Dance, she definatly has more of it in her show after 2018. I do find that her latest shows lacks of emotions, they feel more superficial/plastic. 2018, was visually a let down after CdM and MIJ, but the simplicity is kinda what made it beautiful and poignant. The budget was clearly low, probably similliar of JtB, but instead of focussing on routines and dancing, it was focussed on the music and interpretation.

I just rewatched that ASFXX performance : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj62MAgtHDU

There is barely nothing happening on stage compared to the 24th anniversary version we had last week, but I think if feels more powerful.

This show is far from being her best, and I don't think nothing has or will ever top CdM, it was simple but well done, I don't see anything of bad taste, overdone or cheap looking in the show (as long as you can tolerate a lot of sequin... which I do). It was also a very short tour with few dates so the smaller scale was somewhat expected (although odd since we previously expected the 20th anniversary to be the big tour).