Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] New Album TROUBLE on August 15th ~III~
View Single Post
Old 5th August 2018, 08:06 PM
YOU Initiate

We are the QUEENS (4.5): I already loved it when it was first released. I like the musically rollercoster ride it is. The dramatically-epic-Game of Thrones-ish beginning, the "EDM explosion" when she start to sing and the mix of the two styles during the chorus. And again the birdge that mix the two styles like a duet starting with the "epic style" continuing wth the "EDM sound" and going back again until she goes back to the full fledged chorus. The strong lyrics is absolutely perfect with this music as well!

æternal (5.0): I think it's my favourite from this album. It's like a darker Summer Diary. Actually is not that sad... it's a mood in-between Shape of Love and Summer Diary. Probably because musically is closer to Summer Diary but the way she sings is so emotional that make the song closer to Shape of Love's tone. I love how she sings here, btw.

WORDS (4.0): A song that I loved, and still love, a lot. Probably if it was a new track it would be a little bit overshadowed by the rest, especially æternal that is on the same sound. Being released on its own made it memorable to me.

W (3.5): Well... probably "W" stands for Weird lol It's unexpected. It's like the funny, messy and weird sister of WARNING, but I prefer WARNING to it. There is a lot happening in not that much time. I feel like is not completely "flashed out". For me it needed to take its time to be more enjoyable. Probably the weaker from the album in my opinion, well for my tastes anyway. Being between WORDS and The way I am is not helping either.

The way I am (4.5): I love Ayu's power ballad. The perfect sequel to Anything for You and You are the only one. The lyrics is so close to my love situation right now that it would be impossible to me to not love this song now. Probably nothng original, but still listening to it is so touching.

Overall I still feel the album should had been a full album with at least 10 songs. This album is around 22 minutes long, but almost half of it (10:05 minutes) is stuff from last year. I don't know if TROUBLE alone is enough to fullfill an era in AYu's career and next year tour but, if I don't think about it, I really really like what I listened. I feel I will listen æternal A LOT, and The way I am will surely mark this period of my life.

Last edited by YuraiNamida; 5th August 2018 at 08:09 PM.