Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Ayu is now on Spotify
View Single Post
Old 15th January 2017, 04:09 AM
still alone Initiate

That balance is getting crushed. What happens to the people who want real music releases when more and more people sacrifice values for the convenience of streaming? That is why many of you may not care, physical music is not a threat to you.
The balance I am looking for is a coexistence of digital and physical. But that can't happen if one is supported way more than the other.
Being able to access music online has been extremely beneficial to me over the years. I am not quite against it existing, but more against putting priority of it over cds and vinyl etc. It's a great way to discover new artists and experience what their music is like. Also to try albums out before buying them.
But to only stream music is something I won't understand because to my mind, if you care about music, you would want the actual album. It represents the artists finished product. The manifestation of their creative ideas, brought to life. It's not just a plastic case with a disc inside that "takes up sooo much space".
So long answer short, I am against streaming services taking over, not them existing.